Author Topic: PlayStation VR  (Read 36079 times)

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
Re: PlayStation VR
« Reply #200 on: July 29, 2017, 11:19:29 pm »
If anything, RE7 has shown, and proven, the way forward for the format in that once you play it in VR, the standard traditional way, which ironically was the prime focus for the development of the game, you just can't go back. Playing standard just doesn't compare to the immersion of the VR mode, and it shows just what VR can do to a game, and not just a specific game like a 1st person horror game, but I believe any game can benefit from it, and I'm hoping that some older last gen titles will get a port and a respective price to reflect this just to broaden the library of "proper" developed games that will get a new lease of life breathed into them due to that immersion.
There are loads of game worlds I'd love to visit if given the VR treatment; cel-shaded, jaggy, dithered like a Bitmap Bros classic, I don't really care, all part of the charm if implemented right. The experience of an interactive VR videogaming museum where you're moving through the various eras' rooms/arcade cabinets' screens, breathing in the environments with the famous old characters going about their videogamey business around you, perhaps in a Wreck It Ralph premium-grade fully-licenced package... I'd buy that for a dollar or 70, Disney.  ;)

In terms of adapting titles that don't immediately seem a conventional fit with VR, I think 3rd person perspective with a cinematic 'fixed-ish' camera (Dutch angles, jumpcuts, dolly zoom, anything that doesn't make you uneat your dinner) is an absolute winner for any filmic adventure. Being a floating eye over the shoulder seems stomach-friendy enough, at least for me, especially with some in-game context (like you're a friendly ghost, or guardian angel, or the flying baby Jesus), even better if you're in a cage or similar container, like you're a budgie being carried around on a long pole out of the observed character's backpack for whatever reason - the brain and gut seem to be cool with that. Most nausea issues are from a disconnent in first person anyway, hence the lame-arse teleportation thing that's becoming the go-to movement option. All it requires is some imagination and resourcefulness, and that's why any devs worth their salt should be loving the challenge.
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #201 on: July 30, 2017, 06:32:11 am »
That's a fair and good assessment, Haemo.

However, this line stood out "Resi 7 is the best execution of a proper VR game concept", and the reason why explains most of what you've been saying, ironically.

RE7 isn't a wholly "proper" VR concept. In fact, it's not a VR concept at all. It's a tacked on mode that just so happened to work incredibly well because of three things: the premise of the game being horror, it's perspective, and the fact that it's a proper big budget game designed first and foremost to be played in a traditional manner. It's execution in VR is actually pretty half baked in terms of VR mechanics, and as far as that goes, it's not even realising the full potential of VR, which in fact is a very positive thing considering how well the game actually immersed you in that environment.

The reason why a lot of these concepts feel so rushed or poorly realised is for numerous reasons, mostly down to the risk factor of devs not wanting to splash big money on something that could potentially bankrupt a studio in one fell swoop. VR is still very much niche, and so the industry is still fully entrenched in it's traditions, and the priority - and will be for some time - will be traditional game development to be played on a standard TV. This is why Capcom have provided a blueprint for the way to go with VR moving forward. It'll be a gradual incline of progression. Sort of like how videogames initially sprang out from the arcades as a niche market in the late 70's to mid 80's where there it ran into a brick wall in failing to find that one killer application that would kickstart it all like taking a spark to dry tinder. That just so happened to be a certain Italian plumber and a now Japanese giant that started out making and selling playing cards. VR might certainly stutter, but sooner or later, someone will take that risk required, perhaps when the technology is more mature, and that "must have" app will make it take off, and that app might not even be what we all think, in that it might not even be a traditional video game.

In an interview with Gamasutra, lead VR engineer Kazuhiro Takahara discussed the process behind creating both the normal and VR versions of Resident Evil 7. According to Takahara, Resident Evil 7 was not initially envisioned to have VR compatibility, it instead came about due to much of the development team becoming interested with the technology.

With development of Resident Evil 7 starting back in 2014, “official development utilizing VR didn’t actually kick off until October of 2015,” with the E3 Kitchen demo being a test to see if the Capcom team was up to developing a VR horror game. It was only after “continued positive reception of Kitchen at Tokyo Game Show” that the Resident Evil 7 team started work on making the game compatible with VR.

One of the main reasons Takahara cites for the addition of VR was just how scary it made the experience of playing Resident Evil. Unlike playing on a TV when you “can simply turn away from the screen and come back to the reality of your everyday life,” you are firmly stuck in the Baker mansion “no matter where you look” when playing in VR. Combine the headset with a decent pair of headphones and god forbid that 4D candle which makes your room smell like rotting wood, players actually feel that they are Ethan Winters, creeping round the Baker estate.

For all the potential, the Capcom development team did struggle with trying to keep both the VR and non-VR versions roughly the same game. Takahara and the team could not rely on tried and true Resident Evil elements, like “still-camera cut-scenes” or “old control scheme conventions” when in VR. This made some staff members feel like they were working on essentially two different games during Resident Evil 7’s development cycle.

As switching between the VR and non-VR versions was becoming quite the drain on the development staff, Capcom eventually established a dedicated VR team to work on that element of Resident Evil 7. Many of the VR team members were people who had played around with VR in their spare time, with Takahara commenting that the team were forced to make “a lot of modifications to the system programming and assets to work with both VR and non-VR.”

One thing that did stay firmly the same between both versions of Resident Evil 7 was the decision to move Ethan around using a controller. According to Takahara, the usual VR approach of having the player warp from room to room “broke the level of immersion [the team was] trying to achieve,” as you could simply teleport out of danger, instead of having to run away from a monster.

By using the standard analogue stick control method, players felt like they were actually in Ethan’s shoes, rather than just a headset zipping around the mansion. It also made it “easier for players to bounce back and forth between the two modes if they so desired,” rather than having to learn a vastly different control scheme if they wanted to play both versions of Resident Evil 7.

Despite all the challenges and difficulties with ensuring a fairly unified experience between both VR and non-VR versions of Resident Evil 7, Takahara stated that it is something Capcom definitely want to experiment with in the future. “There was zero assurance that we’d succeed, but we were motivated by positive response to Kitchen and recognizing that this was a brand new experience that no one had seen before,” said Takahara, proud of his team’s accomplishments at navigating their first real experience with VR.

Personally, I’d love a Phoenix Wright VR game where you go around inspecting evidence before eventually delivering it in court. The ability to actually throw your hand forward and shout “Objection!” would be something, so get on that Capcom. You can have that idea for free.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 06:34:13 am by kopite321 »
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #202 on: July 30, 2017, 12:25:52 pm »
^ What that tells me is that they fully grasped how much VR could bring to the project after some mid-cycle experimenting and, emboldened by the sheer novelty and popularity of the Kitchen demo, and with the game's release date scheduled for after the PSVR's launch, they went gung-ho on it, adapting and altering a lot of work they'd already done on the standard mode rather than just throwing a perfunctory VR attachment on it. Evidently, not many AAA studios have been willing to be so flexible and bin/significantly change stuff that's already been completed just for the sake of the VR mode. I don't even consider it an optional 'mode' as such, because it clearly set a new course for the game, and they quickly realised it was just far better when played that way.

It's an unusually committed, very artistically-minded approach, seeing as pretty much all the other big boys so far have seemingly been very reluctant to rip up parts of standard games they've been developing to accomodate VR, instead keeping both worlds very separate with much lower-profile VR-only titles and add-on mini-experiences that are considered totally apart from the main game.

I personally think that insisting upon motion controls, making them mandatory, is an accessibility no-go for big titles at this early stage, and with the peripherals being sold separately to the headset, so I'm pretty cool with that not being a focus in Resi 7. I'm sure they would've liked to've added the functionality as an extra immersive luxury if given more development time, but without much shooting and all that going on in the game, it clearly wasn't considered much of a priority. There have to be significant improvements made to the PS Move controllers anyway, and a smart pistol-shaped adaptor would actually do them a world of good (there are ones being sold, but the positioning of the buttons makes it a pain in the arse to actually use as intended in games). Something that feels in your hand like the thing you're meant to be holding, and even better with some highly sophisticated haptic feedback like those Switch controllers, that'd be a no-brainer, instant purchase.

I would honestly shell out quite a bit for a heavy, metallic-feeling, recoil-simulating motion controller if the right VR gunplay game came along. Make it a sort of Swiss Army Pistol, with a slide mechanism on the top to rack like a semi-auto, a kind of half-releasing (i.e. not fully detachable) magazine that you'd 'drop out' and then push to click back in as if loading a new clip, and even a spinnable revolver cylinder thown on there that you can do a swift flick of the hand to pull out to pretend to load the chambers, and a hammer to cock like a single-action, so I can pretend to be a sharpshooting cowboy-with-no-name doing that cool-as-hell fast manual cocking thing, or a tortured POW in 'nam forced to play Russian Roulette, or a... fuck me, I've completely lost the plot haven't I?  :D
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #203 on: July 30, 2017, 02:40:07 pm »
the controls were fine for resi 7 and i can't see how they could make motion controls work for it anyway (apart from whatever the ds4 is capable of) i've not used the aim controller but it seems to me that it just emulates the ds4 anyway? i've played farpoint with a ds4 and basically have to hold it in a weird position so i can aim down the scope so can see how the aim controller would improve things for fps shooters, the move controllers are pretty limited and while good for motion controls limit you either to a static scene or a game that's on rails, i was going to pick up the psvr version of superhot but it needs a pair of move controllers so that's me ruled out, i've not used oculus rift or vive controllers so don't know how well they work but think psvr needs something like this before developers can fully implement motion controls while still giving you the freedom to move where you want, maybe something like switch joycons that can be clipped together to retain the ds4 functionality but when split each half has it's own tracking capability?

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: July 30, 2017, 06:26:34 pm »
Couple of good posts there.

As for the motion controls themselves, it's almost a completely separate aspect of development in VR. The accounting of tracking through 3d space, and the correlation of that to interacting with what you see is probably the most challenging aspect of VR outside of locomotion and all the problems that also entails, most notably the motion sickness. Still, RE7 was not built from the ground up for VR, so the motion controls could not easily be implemented into the game without some drastic rewrite of code, and I don't think that was something that Capcom was willing to delay the title for. That would have just been a bad idea. That's not to say they couldn't have, though. One of the things Sony got cheap on was their tracking solution, and the fact that the Move controllers aren't specifically made for VR, but instead act as a kind of hack controller for it, presents its own issues. Had the Move controllers had a functional analogue stick on them, then that solves a lot of problems straight away. A game like RE7 using just the move controllers with a stick would be ideal, because then at least the game could have been designed so that the player could interact with stuff in a more natural way without the control scheme being impeded or compromised in some way. At the very least, free gun controls where you could raise a weapon and aim down the sight would have added a layer of interaction and realism that would have sent the immersion through the roof and made the game so much more enjoyable to play for it. Something tells me that Capcom have delayed the "Not a Hero" DLC for the game to accommodate the Aim controller for this reason.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: November 15, 2017, 08:47:26 pm »
Looking a bit of advice on the move controllers.

My lads ones aren't holding charge. Don't know whether it's the leads or the batterys in them. Bought 2 from CEX yesterday and they're the same.

When I plug them into the cable, they turn on. Lights come on at the top but there's a wee red light near the bottom that constantly blinks. Should that be solid? Have left them plugged in overnight but when I checked this morning, pulled the cables out and they turned off again.

Have tried 4 different cables also and all are the same. But just don't get why they turn on if they're plugged into the cable and switch off when they're not. This is with his 2 ones he got last year, and the 2 he got from CEX yesterday.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 08:51:31 pm by B@rneylfc »
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: November 15, 2017, 09:02:10 pm »
Its normal for them to blink iirc while they are charging.

Are you pressing the PS button in the middle whilst they are still plugged in via usb? You need to pair them to the console whilst they are still attached via usb. Then remove usb and see if they keep the connection.

I got the impression from your post your charging them, then removing the cable and they aren't syncing to the PS4.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 09:03:56 pm by Upinsmoke »

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: November 15, 2017, 09:40:07 pm »
Definitely synced mate. He's been using them since last Christmas. Apart from the ones bought yesterday

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: November 15, 2017, 09:57:02 pm »
try resetting them, there's a little hole with a button in close to one of the screw holes, press the button in for a few seconds then try syncing again

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: November 16, 2017, 06:45:07 am »
try resetting them, there's a little hole with a button in close to one of the screw holes, press the button in for a few seconds then try syncing again

That seems to have done the trick mate. Done that and left them overnight charging again. Nice one

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: November 16, 2017, 08:05:13 am »
Thought it might work ;D

only other thing could have been dead batteries but not 4 all at the same time

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: November 17, 2017, 02:59:33 pm »

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: November 17, 2017, 07:40:54 pm »
VR with camera and game now £249

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/explore/playstation-vr/buy-now/

Not bad
Bundle with camera, move controllers and Skyrim for 300. That's a great deal.

Hopefully Skyrim manages to be as good as hoped.

Online Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: November 18, 2017, 07:54:21 am »
The bundles don’t appear to include the move controllers - how necessary are they?

I must dig out the ones I had for PS3 as I think they’ll do the job, and would save me £60-70 if they still work!
"We come here for the winning!"

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: November 18, 2017, 08:58:06 am »
The bundles don’t appear to include the move controllers - how necessary are they?

I must dig out the ones I had for PS3 as I think they’ll do the job, and would save me £60-70 if they still work!

Some games won't work without them while others have the option of move or ds4, I've not bothered so far as the only game I want that requires them is superhot so can't justify the outlay

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: December 10, 2017, 01:47:38 pm »
So Skyrim managed to be pretty well implemented (will get that when I get my Pro), and now we've got Wipeout coming out for it and it's a free patch and all. Hopefully more and more full games get that kind of treatment. Old gen games or not, it doesn't matter. VR totally transforms them, and the back catalogue is there already. Was hoping for a full Star Wars game in VR, but DICE made Battlefront 2 the way it was instead. Ah, well. Maybe when the greedy scumbags can shift a couple of million units of whatever shite they make will they get round to eventually doing it. The game industry, eh. Fuck progress.

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: December 11, 2017, 10:53:20 am »
some resident evil dlc dropping tomorrow & both support vr, not a hero is free & end of zoe is £12 or included with season pass

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: December 12, 2017, 05:58:15 pm »
there's a demo for the last guardian vr on the store, it's only 5-10 mins of gameplay but seems ok, only thing that puts me off is the teleportation movement which i don't like, would rather have full control and have to figure out where to go etc instead of having fixed positions to teleport to which makes it feel too on rails, other than that it looks interesting, the scale of trico is great and you get a real sense of scale (and vertigo  :puke2 ) when you're crossing the broken ramps/rails outside the starting area

Offline steashy

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #218 on: December 28, 2017, 01:32:53 pm »
girlfriend got me one of these fro xmas and ive gotta be honest was jubious about vr but this has blown me  away, its hard to explian how good it is unless you try it for yourself
only thing im having issues with is the txt looks blurry at times, is this normal or can i adjust anything for it

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #219 on: December 28, 2017, 04:36:35 pm »
girlfriend got me one of these fro xmas and ive gotta be honest was jubious about vr but this has blown me  away, its hard to explian how good it is unless you try it for yourself
only thing im having issues with is the txt looks blurry at times, is this normal or can i adjust anything for it

Try and get Super Hot VR if you haven't already. The best game I've played for it so far. It's like you're in the Matrix  ;D
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: December 28, 2017, 06:00:18 pm »
Try and get Super Hot VR if you haven't already. The best game I've played for it so far. It's like you're in the Matrix  ;D

needs 2 move controllers so not worth buying if you don't plan on buying the controllers, only thing that's stopped me buying it so far as i've already played the regular version on pc, great game so can imagine what it's like in vr, £8.50 on psn store at the moment as well or £14 with the regular version so you can play it now if you're planning on getting move controllers sometime in the future

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: December 28, 2017, 11:12:25 pm »

That's the usual response from people who doubted VR before trying it. ;) It is pretty awesome, but has its drawbacks too. If you ever start getting motion sick, don't worry too much and don't try to push through it. As soon as you feel bad, take it off, rest until its gone, then go back. Start out with things that have less locomotion is my advice. I jumped straight into Skyrim VR after a while of not playing anything in VR, and it was tough going. Need them "VR legs" back.

As for text, try adjusting your IPD.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/comments/58kam9/method_for_getting_a_perfect_ipd_setting/

Not a solution by any means. It's just at a certain distance things in VR will blurr somewhat. It's just the limitations of the early tech I'm afraid.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: December 28, 2017, 11:18:10 pm »
there's a demo for the last guardian vr on the store, it's only 5-10 mins of gameplay but seems ok, only thing that puts me off is the teleportation movement which i don't like, would rather have full control and have to figure out where to go etc instead of having fixed positions to teleport to which makes it feel too on rails, other than that it looks interesting, the scale of trico is great and you get a real sense of scale (and vertigo  :puke2 ) when you're crossing the broken ramps/rails outside the starting area
Great little demo, but a bit annoying as well, as I kept wishing it was the whole game, and the teleporting via looking at blue things was a bit wank. Can understand why they've done it that way, but devs need to learn that limiting control methods in VR is counter intuitive to VR as a platform.

Trico, though. Fuck me, he's massive, isn't he? His head is about the width of a car when he gets up close, and those heights freaked me out. I kept worrying Trico was going to knock me off the edge due to how big he is.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: January 17, 2018, 10:57:53 pm »
Just had an evening playing Superhot VR with a friend.

Up there with the best gaming experiences I've ever had! What a brilliant game. Simple, brilliant, great fun!

Love the way you can plan out exactly what order you're gonna take out the bad guys, and with what weapon. Some moments can make you feel like a total badass. Ending up with two daggers in your hands as two guys approach, and doing double handed, from in to out swiping movement to take them down.... Awesome.

So excited to see how the software is developed and refined for this format....

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: January 18, 2018, 02:23:07 am »
Just had an evening playing Superhot VR with a friend.

Up there with the best gaming experiences I've ever had! What a brilliant game. Simple, brilliant, great fun!

Love the way you can plan out exactly what order you're gonna take out the bad guys, and with what weapon. Some moments can make you feel like a total badass. Ending up with two daggers in your hands as two guys approach, and doing double handed, from in to out swiping movement to take them down.... Awesome.

So excited to see how the software is developed and refined for this format....

played the standard version ages ago on pc and loved it so can imagine what it's like in vr, seriously tempted to try and pick a pair of move controllers up second hand as that's the only thing that's stopped me buying it so far and there's nothing else i fancy just yet that doesn't work with ds4

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: January 18, 2018, 08:58:12 am »
played the standard version ages ago on pc and loved it so can imagine what it's like in vr, seriously tempted to try and pick a pair of move controllers up second hand as that's the only thing that's stopped me buying it so far and there's nothing else i fancy just yet that doesn't work with ds4

Yeah, it was fantastic mate, smiling again as I remember going all Neo while  bullet dodging... Girlfriend and mate pissing themselves as a slightly overweight thirty year old struggles to remain upright infront of them :D

I'd keep your eyes on ebay, that's where I got mine from, meant I could buy the move controllers brand new and still keep,everything under 340... Which, if you look in the highstreet, is pretty good value...

Offline steashy

• Main Stander
« Reply #226 on: February 15, 2018, 07:08:22 pm »
really need some help and advice please, had my vr since xmas and its been great but was playing the other night and during the game the screen started to slowly rotate to the left, i tried to hold the options button to reset but it done nothing now all games i play the screen is tilted about 7 degrees to the left :(
ive tried everything with the settings and cant get it go back normal its making it impossible to play as you feel off balance and makes you feel sick. ive read online alot of people have had this issue but cant find a fix for it
has anyone else had this problem

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: February 16, 2018, 01:46:03 am »
really need some help and advice please, had my vr since xmas and its been great but was playing the other night and during the game the screen started to slowly rotate to the left, i tried to hold the options button to reset but it done nothing now all games i play the screen is tilted about 7 degrees to the left :(
ive tried everything with the settings and cant get it go back normal its making it impossible to play as you feel off balance and makes you feel sick. ive read online alot of people have had this issue but cant find a fix for it
has anyone else had this problem
The only thing I can think of is maybe the camera is off, or maybe has dirt on the lens or something? I know what you mean about the drifting inside the headset. That can fuck you up and make you feel like the world is falling.

Have you reset the tracking lights? Made sure there are no conflicting surfaces in the view of the camera, like shiny objects, lights, or bright
blues?

Try calibrating it by setting the camera up on a flat surface, then place the PSVR in front of it and try to line it up as perfect as you can without holding it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k2uuWUlfLE

Might want to fast forward that a bit to get to the point.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 01:56:50 am by Macphisto80 »

Offline steashy

• Main Stander
« Reply #228 on: February 16, 2018, 07:58:32 am »
thanks for the reply mate but its nothing to do with drift, the actual screen in the vr isnt horizontal and is tilted about 7 degrees left like its been rotated, i found a fix for this last night and all seems back to normal for new, here is the link incase anybody else gets this issue https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/comments/7quaj4/psvr_tilted_screen_bug_is_there_a_fix/

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: February 16, 2018, 08:56:37 pm »
thanks for the reply mate but its nothing to do with drift, the actual screen in the vr isnt horizontal and is tilted about 7 degrees left like its been rotated, i found a fix for this last night and all seems back to normal for new, here is the link incase anybody else gets this issue https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/comments/7quaj4/psvr_tilted_screen_bug_is_there_a_fix/
Good to know you got it sorted, mate. And thanks for leaving the solution in here, just in case mine does the same thing. Seems like a really strange issue, and most are saying that Skyrim is one of the main culprits for it. If it happens to mine, at least I'll have a fix for it.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: March 28, 2018, 06:18:14 pm »
Wipeout VR update just came out, and by all accounts, it's amazing. I'll have to pick up a copy of the game in CEX.

Online Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: March 28, 2018, 08:23:01 pm »
I already have WipeOut and with that and the PSVR price drop, and having next week off work, I’m sorely tempted to get one!

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: March 28, 2018, 09:17:32 pm »
Yeah, forgot to mention that. £90 price drop and camera included in the bundle. It is a bundle only thing, though, but good regardless.

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #233 on: March 29, 2018, 04:39:22 am »
Lads.. played WipeOut on my PSVR last night... WOW... would of bought the PSVR just for this experience alone, its in these moments when you understand the word immersion. Been a really decent price cut on the headset this week and anyone who was seriously thinking about buying the PSVR I think they should jump in right now..

WipeOut.. just get on it, again... right now..
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: March 29, 2018, 07:46:46 am »
Might have to dig mine out again then.

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #235 on: March 29, 2018, 06:37:41 pm »
Lads.. played WipeOut on my PSVR last night... WOW... would of bought the PSVR just for this experience alone, its in these moments when you understand the word immersion. Been a really decent price cut on the headset this week and anyone who was seriously thinking about buying the PSVR I think they should jump in right now..

WipeOut.. just get on it, again... right now..

Ah nice, my brother in law has just got Wipeout and I've got VR. I'll have to give it a go in the next few days.
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Online Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: March 30, 2018, 07:15:28 pm »
Ordered one and pick it up tomorrow. Have got GT and WipeOut already and like the look of Batman and the Ultra Wings flying game. Might also look at some of the more relaxing titles which put you in a place!

Any recommendations for games? I’m not really into the horror stuff, but otherwise just looking to get the most from it that I can.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: March 31, 2018, 02:17:09 am »
Moss, Dirt Rally, Rez Infinite, Superhot (might need Move), Skyrim.

If you've not tried VR yet, I still recommend you at least "experiencing" something of horror like RE7. It's a proper showcase of just how effective it is.

I can't stress enough, though, but pace yourself. You don't want to try something frantic and get VR sickness to put you off. Go slow, and if you feel slightly sick, stop, take a breather, and try again.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 02:18:54 am by Macphisto80 »

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #238 on: March 31, 2018, 04:46:26 am »
Moss, Dirt Rally, Rez Infinite, Superhot (might need Move), Skyrim.

If you've not tried VR yet, I still recommend you at least "experiencing" something of horror like RE7. It's a proper showcase of just how effective it is.

I can't stress enough, though, but pace yourself. You don't want to try something frantic and get VR sickness to put you off. Go slow, and if you feel slightly sick, stop, take a breather, and try again.

Agree with all the above... if you are into history the Appllo 11 experiance is very good also.. Batman is a must in my humble opinion, Rez, what a great choice especially the Area x section. Resident Evil is a hell of an experiance also even if you are not really into horror games... the immersion is something esle. And finally WipeOut... mind blowing.

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #239 on: March 31, 2018, 04:49:05 am »
Ordered one and pick it up tomorrow. Have got GT and WipeOut already and like the look of Batman and the Ultra Wings flying game. Might also look at some of the more relaxing titles which put you in a place!

Any recommendations for games? I’m not really into the horror stuff, but otherwise just looking to get the most from it that I can.

Take it easy the first week ... you may have to build your VR legs, I was lucky as I never suffered any form of motion sickness... others do but tend to get over it after a week ...