Author Topic: Alberto Moreno: Ghost in the Shell  (Read 442784 times)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Re: Alberto Moreno: Ghost in the Shell
« Reply #120 on: August 15, 2016, 01:04:18 pm »
I'd get your whinging and complaining out of the way now guys, because the signs are pretty strong that Moreno is going to be first choice LB for the forseeable future.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #121 on: August 15, 2016, 01:06:34 pm »
I'd get your whinging and complaining out of the way now guys, because the signs are pretty strong that Moreno is going to be first choice LB for the forseeable future.

Think Milner will take his spot personally
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline Shepnois

• Legacy Fan
  • Livin' in the Sunshine, Lovin' in the Moonlight
« Reply #122 on: August 15, 2016, 01:09:42 pm »
Milner plays once he's fit. Milner should do a good job there will be nice and solid and will have good delivery when he gets forward. Hopefully it's enough for the season because I can’t see any new recruits unless we get a bad injury.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan

Offline carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: August 15, 2016, 01:11:48 pm »
He's got bags of ability, but not much between the ears.  Most defenders become a lot more conservative and cunning in the penalty area... Moreno seems to be the opposite.  It's like a bull seeing red.  All thought goes out the window and he charges towards the ball with little regard to the consequences.

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Doubter To Believer.
  • Super Title: And back to Doubter
« Reply #125 on: August 15, 2016, 01:12:40 pm »
There is clearly a large section of fans who think we need a new CM. But it is understandable how Klopp and other fans might think the likes of Henderson etc are good enough.

The left back situation is just incomprehensible however. It is such a HUGE weakness. We have a player who is giving away goal scoring opportunities every single game. A player who is having such a huge impact on the players around him as well. You think it's pure coincidence Lovren improved when moved to the other side of the park? Moreno is one of the worst left backs in the league defensively and he will get targetted every single game.

Look at the other side of the park where we have Clyne. He may make the odd mistake like yesterday but the difference between the two players is so huge. Think about how much better we'd be with a Clyne type player on both side. It's not a small improvement , it's a huge improvement. A 10 goal a season, not costing us cup final improvements. And this isn't a £50m player, there is loads of £15m-£20m players out there at LB. Clyne cost us £12m and we'd all say that was a bargain.

We don't need competition for Moreno, we need a replacement. And you all know it. Whether you want to admit it or not. Like Cap Reina says, some of you just don't want to dare say anything which might disagree with Jurgen. I adore the man, but this is a serious blind spot and it's going to cost us. Just like it cost us 1, arguably 2, cup finals last season and ultimately cost us Champions League football.
Believe

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #126 on: August 15, 2016, 01:12:47 pm »
Keeping Moreno on the pitch rather than subbing him at half time was a brilliant and brave piece of management by Klopp.
The easiest thing would have been to take him off, but he stuck with his man ensuring 2 things

1. He didn't rip Moreno's confidence to shred's
2. He let Arsenal know very clearly that them continuing to play down our left side was only going to result in us pushing further forward and hitting them if the move broke down.

With Moreno not bombing forward as much in the left Arsenal didn't really know what to do for a period.
I'm not going to sit here and tear Moreno a new one - he busts his bullocks for us.
Personally I think theres a real player in there somewhere but time will tell. I also think that for this season to be a big success we need an upgrade.
Positional sense can be coached, Awareness can be improved. Some are natural at it but Moreno appears to me to be a player who will keep trying to improve himself.

Exactly my position with Moreno. There's a player in there. If there wasn't Klopp would get rid, we know how ruthless Klopp can be.

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #127 on: August 15, 2016, 01:14:13 pm »
Everything down Clyne's right second half. Moreno was solid after the break. Clyne didn't exactly cover himself in glory for the 2nd goal and the cheap freekick which resulted in the third goal but isn't receiving a fraction of the fume from fans that Moreno is.

Problem with Moreno is that it's a build of things. A majorly high-profile fuck up in a European Final and the many many examples of poor decision making mean that every mistake (big or small) now gets magnified.

Haven't got any time for the bile from our supporters, but I also know he's not our LB answer and that the longer he is there, the more prone we will be to conceding daft goals because of his poor positional sense.
JFT97

Online Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: August 15, 2016, 01:14:48 pm »
Moreno is really bad, but to be fair he's done absolutely everything in his power to show that to Klopp and yet we've still started the season with him as our starting LB. Every mistake he makes is just as much Klopp's fault as it is Moreno's because it's obvious to everyone that he's a liability so why is he our starting LB?

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #129 on: August 15, 2016, 01:15:29 pm »
Sorry, but that opening post is utter nonsense. Why wasn't there a thread like this for Konchesky,  a thread for Poulsen, a thread for Aly Cissokho?

The lad earns tens of thousands of pounds to do his job correctly. I'd understand if yesterday's horror show was just one of a few since his time here, but he's shown time and time again that he's good for about 10-15 mistakes per season, with many of them costing us points.

Nobody's advocating for shunning him out, all people are saying is that we absolutely need a new LB to challenge Moreno for the starting spot. If that new LB slots right in, then so be it. Competition could make Moreno a better player. I'm absolutely against abusing a player, but if he consistently shows that he's just not up to it then any and all level-headed criticism is completely justified in my opinion.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #130 on: August 15, 2016, 01:19:47 pm »
If you think Moreno is on the Konchesky level, then no, it doesn't add up - because we'd have bought a LB (and a more experienced one than Chilwell) on the 1st July. But those conversations go round in circles until the player suddenly proves people wrong, or gets replaced. What I think is more interesting to discuss and responded to was the point about what is Klopp thinking, based on what he's doing and saying - because certain points (picking Moreno, pursuing a 19 year old who's never played at the top level, being apparently content to start a season with Moreno/Milner) suggest that Klopp doesn't put Moreno in the Konchesky bracket, even if isn't convinced he's the perfect answer.

Now, as Moreno's brain farts continue, that suggests two points regarding Moreno specifically and a 'Moreno-type' player, generally:

- Klopp thinks Moreno can reduce the frequency of the brain farts (and arguably did, for a spell last last season)

- Moreno isn't generally disobeying orders; so while Klopp did criticise him last season (I think the one Funky Gibbons is referring to was defensively chasing the ball into the centre circle needlessly, rather than bombing forward in attack) for a specific 'out of position' failure, it implies he doesn't regard - for example - the first goal yesterday as being such a glaring example of it.

I dunno, it seems like you're starting from a position of Klopp being right not to address the questions thrown up by Moreno and are working backwards from there.

Everything makes sense if you simply believe that Klopp is right and even if he's not he'll be able to fix the problems as they start to manifest. Its easy to say "well Klopp knows what he's doing and I trust him" and its fine to do so, but it does nothing to relate with whats actually being seen by what must now be a consensus and nor does it factor in that Klopp can actually be wrong.

The real issue will come *if* Klopp can't fix Moreno, especially if he can't fix them and hasn't given himself a viable alternative. This is the situation we seem to be in as of this very moment.

Moreno is making the same mistakes he was when he walked through the door, Klopp hasn't got anyone in who's of a similar mould as an alternative and he's walking away from deals which might have provided that alternative.

I think its fine to worry about where its heading if something doesnt change in the next two weeks.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 01:21:19 pm by Cpt_Reina »

Offline Shepnois

• Legacy Fan
  • Livin' in the Sunshine, Lovin' in the Moonlight
« Reply #131 on: August 15, 2016, 01:21:07 pm »
Gotta feel for Moreno he's in for a tough few weeks now. He was widely lambasted yesterday and treated as a joke by Neville & Carra etc. Teams have always targeted him but I expect that to get even worse now. We all know he needs to replaced but its gonna get ugly for him now.

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: August 15, 2016, 01:23:15 pm »
Please can you post that post here then.

Seems like a good enough place to.

Here you go mate.  There's a whole host of fantastic tactical analysis from Bagu, including this post around page 136 or last weekend if you go off the dates, in the general shit chat thread.

Klopp plays with asymmetrical full backs with one (Moreno) tending to be higher than the other to make pressing traps (off the ball) or he will use his explosiveness to get forward in the transitions once the ball is won back from an already higher starting point. Moreno has the pace and stamina to recover.

Hector would probably be a bad fit to do this. Therefore it would be a transfer that doesn´t suit that tactical plan he is trying to implement. Rodriguez also isn´t explosive. Someone like Bertrand would work though.

The important thing to note is - whoever we play there will always appear as our weak link at full back. We encourage sides to attack that flank and then use it to win the ball back. The problems we are having at the moment is that playing this way isn´t simple to learn or easy to implement. Also, if we give the ball away in the transition phase, it makes us very vulnerable. In these instances people think Moreno is running about like a headless chicken always out of position - Klopp looks at it as the team letting him down by giving the ball away at the wrong time when Moreno has already pushed forward as he was instructed to do so.

At the moment Moreno isn´t being helped by us being not spatially compact enough and by us shooting ourselves in the foot sometimes in transitions. That doesn´t mean he is blameless. Far from it. Just that perhaps Klopp believes anybody in that situation would struggle and wants Moreno to have a chance in the role when these other tactical problems are solved giving him a fair crack at the role.

If you genuinely believe Moreno is a bad footballer, you are an idiot. There is no getting away from that. One of the elite managers in the game backs him. Perhaps we should all do so too until that situation changes?

EDIT:- None of this is aimed at you. I am actually agreeing with your point that he probably isn´t looking for a defensive fullback and why Milner is actually a good fit for the role.

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: August 15, 2016, 01:32:54 pm »
LB and GK are our weakest positions at present. GK may have been sorted. We need to sort the LB.
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: August 15, 2016, 01:33:09 pm »
I dunno, it seems like you're starting from a position of Klopp being right not to address the questions thrown up by Moreno and are working backwards from there.

Everything makes sense if you simply believe that Klopp is right and even if he's not he'll be able to fix the problems as they start to manifest. Its easy to say "well Klopp knows what he's doing and I trust him" and its fine to do so, but it does nothing to relate with whats actually being seen by what must now be a consensus and nor does it factor in that Klopp can actually be wrong.

I'm not starting from either of those, it's purely a personal view of my experience of what makes an interesting discussion on here.

Option 1 - Moreno is shit, no he's not.
Option 2 - List of world class LBs we won't buy.
Option 3 - Why doesn't the manager agree with my opinion?
Option 4 - What might the manager be thinking based on observing what he says and does?

So based on option 4, I think Klopp ranks Moreno somewhere between Konchesky and Maldini :). In all seriousness, not entirely convinced, if Milner was likely to start at LB; but not so negatively convinced as most here that he was willing to buy any available LB.

Then leading on from that, if Klopp isn't entirely negative on Moreno's ability, and Moreno clearly makes a lot of mistakes, then (I think) that that suggests that in those periods when Moreno doesn't make a mistake, he's doing pretty much what the manager wants him to do. Which is relatively informative for the future and tactically, moreso than options 1-3.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline SC04OCT

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #135 on: August 15, 2016, 01:38:49 pm »
Sorry, but that opening post is utter nonsense. Why wasn't there a thread like this for Konchesky,  a thread for Poulsen, a thread for Aly Cissokho?

The lad earns tens of thousands of pounds to do his job correctly. I'd understand if yesterday's horror show was just one of a few since his time here, but he's shown time and time again that he's good for about 10-15 mistakes per season, with many of them costing us points.

Nobody's advocating for shunning him out, all people are saying is that we absolutely need a new LB to challenge Moreno for the starting spot. If that new LB slots right in, then so be it. Competition could make Moreno a better player. I'm absolutely against abusing a player, but if he consistently shows that he's just not up to it then any and all level-headed criticism is completely justified in my opinion.

I am all for level headed criticism. This thread is more about the sheer abuse and mockery being thrown his way. It's bang out of order. Neville saying starting Moreno is akin to starting 1-0 down and Carragher mocking him when we went 4-1 up.. It's so unprofessional and clearly will have an impact on Moreno's confidence. Look what it did to Mignolet.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: August 15, 2016, 01:39:09 pm »
At any rate whether or not we act in signing a LB while Moreno plays I'd guess most opposition managers will now target that side and try and isolate him.   

Offline Andy Hunter

• Rip Van Walford. Committed Iron Pumper! Full of hot air. Due to weighty issues, currently seeking a new hobby.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: August 15, 2016, 01:43:16 pm »
Was he a committee signing or a Brendan signing?

I agree though, the comment carra made mid game pissed me off
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 01:46:10 pm by Andy Hunter »
Did Shevchenko score his rebound?
Why was there an ambulance behind the goal for Tommason's Penalty?
HOW DID GUDJOHNSEN MISS??

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #138 on: August 15, 2016, 01:48:34 pm »
At any rate whether or not we act in signing a LB while Moreno plays I'd guess most opposition managers will now target that side and try and isolate him.   

Like Arsenal did second half?

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: August 15, 2016, 01:50:05 pm »
When is Milner due back?

I'm really curious to see what Jurgen does when Milner is fit.

Even if Jurgen does rate Moreno as much as we think, surely another rash penno conceded or bad fuck up by Alberto will be the straw that breaks the camels back.

Personally, I really want Moreno to succeed here more that any other player that has been in a similar firing line at LFC over the years.

Although not oblivious to his recent shortfalls, I still really like him. So...Come on Bertie, let's have a Spurs-esq run and goal on Saturday and get yourself back on track.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: August 15, 2016, 01:51:36 pm »
All this talk about Milner but I still think he's wasted at left back. He got 7 goals and 13 assists last season.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #141 on: August 15, 2016, 01:52:06 pm »
All this talk about Milner but I still think he's wasted at left back. He got 7 goals and 13 assists last season.

Who would he replace? Mane?

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: August 15, 2016, 01:53:42 pm »
Who would he replace? Mane?
It's not about replacing. If we want to do well we need as many midfielders as possible getting those numbers. Milner guarantees that.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline del potro

• Main Stander
« Reply #143 on: August 15, 2016, 01:54:03 pm »
Alberto would be a good option at home against the lesser sides, maybe even pushed infront of another left back and used in a winger/wingback position away against tough teams.

The problem if he isn't perfect, he has his defensive fragilities and he can be extremely rash in the challenge (Norwich away peno last season was the worst  :butt) . So if he starts every game, he is going to make costly mistakes.

The good thing is he seems to have a good head on his shoulders and he'll keep fighting for us and the team.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #144 on: August 15, 2016, 01:55:49 pm »
It's not about replacing. If we want to do well we need as many midfielders as possible getting those numbers. Milner guarantees that.

He can't do it on the bench mate (he got them across 45 games last season), so if he's going to get those numbers then he needs to be in the team ahead of someone else.

Who?

Offline del potro

• Main Stander
« Reply #145 on: August 15, 2016, 01:59:27 pm »
Moreno will get more stick and harsher comments than most because people *still* dont want to say anything remotely negative about Klopp and his unwillingness to take him out of the team and/or replace him.
Klopp has had less than 1 year to work with him? I mean if Jurgen see's a player he can mould into an effective member of our side, why shouldn't we support that?

We all know Jurgen loves an offensive fullback and attacking is in Alberto's DNA. Like the manager always says.. his job first and foremost is to COACH these players, let him do his job eh!

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: August 15, 2016, 02:03:50 pm »
He can't do it on the bench mate (he got them across 45 games last season), so if he's going to get those numbers then he needs to be in the team ahead of someone else.

Who?

Yep, Milner is never in a million years going to get a move to another premier league club as a starting midfielder on the same wages he gets now.

Milner seems like a level headed, intelligent individual who will realise that, given a chance he could, just maybe lock down a regular starting place at LB.

In the process giving Alberto competition for a place in the team.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #147 on: August 15, 2016, 02:05:14 pm »
Some players don't keep making the same mistakes over and over and over again like Moreno does that's why people aren't mentioning Henderson or Lallana or Clyne for their roles in the goals yesterday. You can accept a mistake, you can't accept it happening time and time again.

He's been making mistakes since his arrival. He seems a likeable lad and he may be caught out of position due to instructions to move forward but some of his tackling is dire e.g his double bite at Naismith at Norwich in the 5-4 last season.

Offline SMASHerano

• Provides nothing extra. Average poster.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #148 on: August 15, 2016, 02:07:30 pm »
I'm sorry but he's lost my trust and more importantly patience (and I'm sure I'm in the majority here). People learn from their mistakes to make themselves better. He simply doesn't learn and he is not getting better at all.

He's still exactly the same player that completely switched off and let Jovetic score in his first game for us against City. He still makes these same mistakes numerous times every single game. Yesterday during the second half (where he supposedly was immaculate, you obviously have zero expectations if you think that was a good performance from a left back) he switched off and let Bellerin put in an extremely dangerous cross that Lovren had to head out for a corner. I will not talk about his pathetic defending during the first half because it has already been discussed.

If you look at his performances every game, you will see the same errors being made for the past 2 years and he is not learning. Enough is enough for me and I am baffled that a World Class manager Klopp still thinks that there is a footballer in there somewhere. He probably didn't follow any of Moreno's games for us before he took the job.

Offline SC04OCT

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #149 on: August 15, 2016, 02:12:45 pm »
I'm sorry but he's lost my trust and more importantly patience (and I'm sure I'm in the majority here). People learn from their mistakes to make themselves better. He simply doesn't learn and he is not getting better at all.

He's still exactly the same player that completely switched off and let Jovetic score in his first game for us against City. He still makes these same mistakes numerous times every single game. Yesterday during the second half (where he supposedly was immaculate, you obviously have zero expectations if you think that was a good performance from a left back) he switched off and let Bellerin put in an extremely dangerous cross that Lovren had to head out for a corner. I will not talk about his pathetic defending during the first half because it has already been discussed.

If you look at his performances every game, you will see the same errors being made for the past 2 years and he is not learning. Enough is enough for me and I am baffled that a World Class manager Klopp still thinks that there is a footballer in there somewhere. He probably didn't follow any of Moreno's games for us before he took the job.

Every game is going to have that happen. Monreal is one of the best LB's in the League and he got skinned several times yesterday. Jesus Christ.

At one point, late on, when it was 4-3, Walcott was attacking down their right and came up against Moreno, who calmly tackled him and carried it forward for us. It could have gotten very nervy, but he was cool enough to prevent another Arsenal ball into the box.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: August 15, 2016, 02:17:04 pm »
Seriously though - why can't we just make him a winger.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: August 15, 2016, 02:17:43 pm »
Seems to be a good lad, probably works really hard in training, and does some good stuff on the field. But fuck me, he can be a liability at times and I wouldn't be starting with him. But Klopp likes him and I trust our manager.

As long as Moreno is picked and gives his 100%, then he'll continue to get my support. Lucky guy.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: August 15, 2016, 02:18:52 pm »
He's overly keen all game and has a severe lack of game intelligence for me, can be an absolute liability. He's ridiculed by loads of rival fans, and at times, you can see why. Surely someone's said to him, 'calm down' at some point? If he thought primarily like a defender, he'd be pretty decent. But he seems to want to be involved higher up the pitch, even when we're still in danger of being attacked on. The second the ball is shown to him even slightly, he goes in for the tackle, almost like he hasn't heard the words 'contain' and 'keep your position'. He's lucky he has a bit of pace about him, because without that, he'd be even more exposed than he is now.

I genuinely feel for any CB we have who has to play next to him, as he's so erratic. He can have a few good 7+/10 games, I'll give him that. But then so often, he'll have a game that costs the whole team. He needs to keep his head, because he has all the traits to be a good LB, just not the brain.

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: August 15, 2016, 02:19:10 pm »
He's the nominated LFC scapegoat for the 2016/17 season, didn't you get the memo...... If he's injured it will undoubtedly move to Mignolet......

I'd just add the way people (for people read Twitter LFC 'supporters') were losing their shit yesterday, less than one half of football into the season, was embarrassing. Moaners, mitherers and bottlers.
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: August 15, 2016, 02:19:42 pm »
Seriously though - why can't we just make him a winger.

Because football doesn't work like that, the Glen Johnson years say 'hi', this sodding argument has been debunked so many times. Fullbacks look good attacking because they have the space and the overlap to make use of - it's a completely different skill set from being a tricky winger with the close control to make their own space when already pushed up onto the opposition fullback.

Can we please retire this line of thinking?
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline SASDistress

• Kemlynite
« Reply #155 on: August 15, 2016, 02:22:31 pm »
Hmm. This is a grown man paid a sh#tload of money to bring the best possible game he can and right now he isn't doing that and if he is then he's not good enough. Ok sure he's young for a player but he's 24, not 16! He should know exactly what to do in this situation.

Players come under scrutiny all the time and you know what they do? Ignore it, learn from their mistakes and improve. Origi was in the worst team of the season before coming here. Lovren, Lallana looked like flops. They have all the tools to succeed, great support, plenty of game time, insane levels of training and Jurgen Klopp on the sidelines and they took the opportunity to show what they can do. Why hasn't he improved? I doubt we're going to sell him so he should be working on it now. If you want to praise him for playing for us then go ahead, maybe that makes you a great person, but a lot of fans and I won't prop him up unless he deserves it.

At the end of the day, it's his job. The best job in the world. There's no reason he can't do it unless he's lazy or just a bad player. As far as I'm concerned the concern is justified, especially from a legend like Carra and from fans who pay his wages and cheer him on during the games.

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: August 15, 2016, 02:22:40 pm »
What I do find very strange is that there is just no backup whatsoever in the LB position and multiple backups in every other position (barring injuries of course)

Even if Moreno was the next Roberto Carlos you would think there would still be a backup in place.

It really is weird.

It goes without saying that Klopp, Buvac et al are no mugs, so I can see only one of two things happening.

1. Milner is going to given the LB role or at least be used as back-up/rotation with Moreno
2. Jurgen has identified another LB and he will be with us before 31st Aug.

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: August 15, 2016, 02:24:15 pm »

Continually picked him when he had other options last season.

He's a world class manager for a reason, a similar reason, I'd venture, as to why you are not. I don't think it's down to lack of preparedness.
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline ash2001

• Klop up front, Chan in goal & Milner in defence.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #158 on: August 15, 2016, 02:25:53 pm »
I was always impressed by Patrick John Miguel van Aanholt Sunderland player at left back. a bid for him?

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #159 on: August 15, 2016, 02:29:26 pm »
I am all for level headed criticism. This thread is more about the sheer abuse and mockery being thrown his way. It's bang out of order. Neville saying starting Moreno is akin to starting 1-0 down and Carragher mocking him when we went 4-1 up.. It's so unprofessional and clearly will have an impact on Moreno's confidence. Look what it did to Mignolet.

These are highly paid professional sportsmen, not school children.

Pundits will criticise players - always have and always will until the end of time.

The weak players let it affect their confidence and form. The strong players have faith in their ability, listen to the manager and coaches, and use it as part of their motivation to improve.

The ball is very much in Moreno's court to prove the doubters wrong.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.