Author Topic: Resident Evil 7  (Read 10845 times)

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
Re: Resident Evil 7
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2017, 03:51:09 pm »
Just thinking about it again......what a fucking nonsense PSVR having an exclusive!

What have they got the exclusive over? If someone has a vive like me, they're not shelling out another £600 for a PS4 and PSVR and if someone has the PSVR they're not shelling out a couple of K to play an enhanced version on the Vive.

There will be one or two enthusiasts or pro-gamers who have a choice which platform to play on but in the real world there's almost zero overlap.

Massively cuntish behaviour by Sony imho

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2017, 04:30:53 pm »
Just thinking about it again......what a fucking nonsense PSVR having an exclusive!

Because they paid for it?

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2017, 04:35:39 pm »
Because they paid for it?
Yeah well, you can prove anything with facts eh!

What I'm saying is.....they're paid for something which does them no favours and only serves to piss off PC gamers.

It's not like they're pissing on the Xbox VR bonfire eh!?1

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2017, 04:36:51 pm »

What I'm saying is.....they're paid for something which does them no favours and only serves to piss off PC gamers.

I'm guessing Sony really want to punt their VR and having Resident Evil 7 exclusive to that system will give it a huge boost.

Thank goodness I have the PSVR :P

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2017, 04:44:33 pm »
Sounds like this whole game is designed to be played in VR. Is there any point in me buying the normal version? That's if there is a normal version.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2017, 04:50:01 pm »
Sounds like this whole game is designed to be played in VR. Is there any point in me buying the normal version? That's if there is a normal version.

the ps4 version will work as normal for peasants who don't have vr ;)

pc peasants will have to wait a while before they can play in vr, as for xbox one users, well they're just peasants who will have to play it the old fashioned way ;)

Offline S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2017, 04:52:50 pm »
the ps4 version will work as normal for peasants who don't have vr ;)

pc peasants will have to wait a while before they can play in vr, as for xbox one users, well they're just peasants who will have to play it the old fashioned way ;)
Got a PS4 so that's fine. Just hoping the experience carries over into the normal version. Obviously it won't be as immersive.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2017, 04:54:25 pm »
Got a PS4 so that's fine. Just hoping the experience carries over into the normal version. Obviously it won't be as immersive.

I played the demo version on VR, gotta remember next time to wear the brown pants.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2017, 04:55:45 pm »
I played the demo version on VR, gotta remember next time to wear the brown pants.

no tv required for vr so i'm just gonna play it sat on the bog ;D

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2017, 04:57:07 pm »

Hahah! Someone did mention you don't need the tv! Will have to give it a try.

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2017, 06:45:18 pm »

Resi was originally a classic PlayStation property, so they're probably trying to put that stamp down on it again - it's one of their ones that got away, like MGS, Tomb Raider, etc. PS clearly takes a lot of pride in its lauded exclusives throughout its history, so doing it's an attempt to sort of hark back to that in people's minds, if only for a brief period before it's released on all formats.

And also to piss you off.

;D
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2017, 11:48:43 pm »
:lmao

Actually a great idea, given how scary this thing is.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2017, 11:56:31 pm »
Even though VR is very well implemented for the game, I don't think it started out development for the sole purpose of VR. If it had, it would have a far more immersive control scheme to it. Obviously playing in VR is the definitive experience if you want to physically shit yourself, but the VR mode is essentially tacked onto the standard version of the game. There is no "normal version". VR is just an option, which is great considering just how intense it is. I can see myself playing certain sections on a TV just to get by. It really is ridiculous just how immersive it is in VR, and it hasn't even been built from the ground up for it.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 12:09:13 am by Macphisto80 »

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2017, 09:11:28 am »
And also to piss you off.

;D
Nail on the fucking head buddy ::) :P ;D

Online Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2017, 09:52:08 pm »
I know this is about RE7 but just want to say I've played RE6 over the last few days and it's not half as bad  as I was expecting, so thanks for this thread reminding me about the series.

Offline scouser4eva

• but is Eva4Scouser? Wants an old willy
  • Legacy Fan
  • " god wanted west ham to win but gerrard said no "
« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2017, 08:18:48 am »
Any reviews been released for this yet ?

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2017, 09:23:10 am »
only just got my dispatch email from simplygames, last few games i've ordered from them have turned up very early so hope they're not going down the same road as shopto and being shite scared of breaking street date

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2017, 09:28:25 am »
Reporting Embargo ends tonight .... couple of unofficial reviews knocking about give it a high rating.

I am playing it on the PSVR and almost I shit myself on many occasion and cried out like a tart on a few occasions ... mad game.   
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2017, 09:28:59 am »
I've pre-installed on Steam. Hopefully able to jump straight on after the cinema tmw 8)

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2017, 09:32:37 am »
nice username titi ;D

Offline scouser4eva

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2017, 09:33:49 am »
only just got my dispatch email from simplygames, last few games i've ordered from them have turned up very early so hope they're not going down the same road as shopto and being shite scared of breaking street date

Yea when I seen mine hasn't been shipped on Saturday I cancelled it

Going to pick it up from Asda in the morning

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2017, 09:39:08 am »

Offline JustDan

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2017, 06:06:56 pm »
Damn son, this is getting crazy good reviews.

Resi 6 was one of the games that taught me pre-ordering was a bad idea (I ended up with 2 copies & played neither. Don't ask..), but when the reviews hit it became an insta-buy.

Bought, pre-loaded on steam & ready to play when I return from work tomorrow. Can't wait :)

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2017, 08:00:59 pm »
Getting mad reviews

Offline scouser4eva

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2017, 08:16:05 pm »
Wow some great reviews out there

Really looking forward to starting this tomorrow now !

Offline S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2017, 10:00:35 pm »
Might have to get this. Atmosphere looks right up my street. I'm pretty terrible at first person games unfortunately.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2017, 10:11:43 pm »
Anyone got any idea when this unlocks on steam?

Edit: 4am = fuck that!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 10:13:36 pm by Titi Camara »

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2017, 09:22:49 am »
Mines turned up, got some work to do for a hour or so then moving the ps4 and vr box into the bog ;D

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2017, 09:27:47 am »
Mines turned up, got some work to do for a hour or so then moving the ps4 and vr box into the bog ;D

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2017, 12:39:31 pm »
Record it and send it to Sony. Make a great case for wireless VR.

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2017, 01:13:53 pm »
had to take a break, luckily i'd not charged my ds4 for a few days so the battery has run out ;D intense as fuck in vr

nothing really bad at the moment but it just cranks the atmosphere up and makes it feel very real so you're constantly expecting something to happen

also switched the movement to smooth instead of the fixed degree turns which works well, don't know if it was in the demo as i shit out early on ;D

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: January 24, 2017, 03:34:35 pm »
Record it and send it to Sony. Make a great case for wireless VR.
The batteries would be that powerful they'd cook your head......which brings us right back to these "Hills Have Eyes" looking mother fuckers in Resi 7 ;D ;D ;D

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: January 24, 2017, 03:47:47 pm »
The batteries would be that powerful they'd cook your head......which brings us right back to these "Hills Have Eyes" looking mother fuckers in Resi 7 ;D ;D ;D
Mobile phone batteries.

Anyway, I don't think it's the batteries that are the obstacle. It's latency. Although it seems like that's already been fixed, as there's a wireless add on available for HMD's, so that'll be an extra 200 quid for the privilege of wireless play. At least they are getting somewhere.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: January 24, 2017, 03:59:41 pm »
Mobile phone batteries.

Anyway, I don't think it's the batteries that are the obstacle. It's latency. Although it seems like that's already been fixed, as there's a wireless add on available for HMD's, so that'll be an extra 200 quid for the privilege of wireless play. At least they are getting somewhere.
Happy days, wireless will be the key to setting this free 8)

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: January 24, 2017, 04:02:50 pm »
If I was playing this in VR I'd probably shit my pants. It's fucking great though (3 hours in) and it has one of the best openings to a game ever imo.

Offline S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2017, 06:00:30 pm »
If I was playing this in VR I'd probably shit my pants. It's fucking great though (3 hours in) and it has one of the best openings to a game ever imo.
Glad to hear good things from a non-VR player. I knew literally nothing about the game until a week ago, looking forward to going in with no prior experience and promptly getting shit scared.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: January 24, 2017, 06:02:52 pm »
Downloading it now...

Offline aceface9

• Main Stander
  • Make Us Dream
« Reply #77 on: January 24, 2017, 06:29:11 pm »
Just picked my copy up. Soiled pants in 3-4 hours.
"I wouldnt grace my one remaining eye with that inbred, bunch of silver spoon fed c*nts, smarmy,snobby , self important bunch of fucking wankers if my life depended on it. Fuck the wankers. There is a wedding down at St Faiths, that means more to me than these pricks. Get to fuck."
Sir Harvest Fields

Offline DHKopper

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #78 on: January 24, 2017, 08:20:19 pm »
First death an hour in.  Brutal!

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: January 24, 2017, 08:28:23 pm »
First death an hour in.  Brutal!

Spoiler
mia attacking you with a chainsaw just after getting the gun?
[close]