Author Topic: New Kits Thread  (Read 1002493 times)

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
Re: New Kits Thread
« Reply #7800 on: May 24, 2021, 06:44:13 pm »
Spurs away

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7801 on: May 24, 2021, 06:51:01 pm »
Spurs away

That is taking the fucking piss that. Sure they used to sell those in Fat Willys Surf Shack ;D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #7802 on: May 24, 2021, 07:14:58 pm »
Spurs away

Better than their home kit

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #7803 on: May 24, 2021, 07:17:47 pm »
That is taking the fucking piss that. Sure they used to sell those in Fat Willys Surf Shack ;D

:D

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7804 on: May 24, 2021, 09:17:18 pm »
Spurs away

I like their away pyjamas better than their home pyjamas ...

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
« Reply #7805 on: May 24, 2021, 09:27:26 pm »

is that a Grateful Dead collaboration or what the hell?

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7806 on: May 24, 2021, 09:40:12 pm »
is that a Grateful Dead collaboration or what the hell?

Surf shop in the UK

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
« Reply #7807 on: May 24, 2021, 09:43:11 pm »
Surf shop in the UK

my apologies, I realized I misquoted you ;D I meant to quote the original pic of that awful shirt.

still, I learnt something new. And I wish my eyes hadn't seen that ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7808 on: May 25, 2021, 04:14:07 am »
New Spurs home kit.

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline dosx

• Kopite
  • This is Anfield
    • LFC
« Reply #7809 on: May 25, 2021, 11:36:45 am »
Bayern Munchen Away 21/22

🔥97🔥

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7810 on: May 25, 2021, 11:47:06 am »
You’re hard pressed to find a Bayern kit that isn’t at least a solid 8/10.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7811 on: May 25, 2021, 11:49:40 am »
That Bayern shirt is really nice.

Will wait to see what number Gini get's before buying.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7812 on: May 25, 2021, 12:02:11 pm »

Might have been the chavvy gold chain used on the Adidas official pics, but that ^^^ just crosses the line into gaudy for my liking.

Not a patch on this simple classic...

My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #7813 on: May 25, 2021, 04:48:54 pm »
That Bayern shirt is like a 60 grand car.  Immaculate.

That Spurs away?  No fucking wonder Kane wants out!
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #7814 on: May 25, 2021, 11:14:54 pm »
Spurs away

On a purely practical kit clash note..
As it seems to contain every colour under the sun, won't this clash with like 75% of other teams shirts  ;D

Or maybe cos it's so mental it will clash with none!

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #7815 on: May 26, 2021, 12:32:16 am »

That is an absolute stunner.

Take away the dots that turn it into quarters, and it's perfect.

Sleek, superb colour contrast, simple and effortlessly cool.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7816 on: May 26, 2021, 12:37:06 am »
Not a patch on this simple classic...

That was lovely too but, for me the collar and the panelling high up on the chest/collar bone let it down.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #7817 on: May 26, 2021, 01:25:39 am »
Speaking of which, I saw these side-by-side yesterday - United's look on the same day hasn't aged well.

https://twitter.com/christotaylo/status/1392063438986399745

The whole narrative around those suits is total nonsense.

1 - They are nowhere near as bad as made out. They actually fit for starters, United’s don’t.
2 - The idea Ferguson turned to Brian Kidd and said “1-0” when he first saw them is ridiculous. Clearly an anecdote he fabricated after they won and the suits started getting ridiculed.
3 - Most importantly, the whole story only exists because we lost. They’re used as some sort of omen that we were going to be terrible that day. Had we won? Everyone would be calling it a stroke of genius, saying it showed how confident we were. That narrative, like the one that persists, would also be bullshit.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7818 on: May 26, 2021, 03:06:41 am »
^
I have to agree with all of that.

United's suits were terrible. Ugly and badly fitted. Ours were far better, but in an awful (for a suit) colour.

The narratives were definitely set after the game/result, not before.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7819 on: May 26, 2021, 03:35:43 am »
I made my Communion in a suit exactly like that. Same tie and everything. Ours, not the funeral home director ones they came out in. Fucking hell, those are shocking. Then again, it suited Gary and Phil, the Lurch Addams looking c*nts.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7820 on: May 26, 2021, 08:22:56 am »
I made my Communion in a suit exactly like that. Same tie and everything. Ours, not the funeral home director ones they came out in. Fucking hell, those are shocking. Then again, it suited Gary and Phil, the Lurch Addams looking c*nts.
;D

This - the revisionist United/media shite about the ‘white suit final’ has always annoyed me. That and the Spice Boys nickname, particularly as it wasn’t one of ours that was sullying themselves with one.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7821 on: May 26, 2021, 08:31:43 am »

1 - They are nowhere near as bad as made out. They actually fit for starters, United’s don’t.
2 - The idea Ferguson turned to Brian Kidd and said “1-0” when he first saw them is ridiculous. Clearly an anecdote he fabricated after they won and the suits started getting ridiculed.
3 - Most importantly, the whole story only exists because we lost. They’re used as some sort of omen that we were going to be terrible that day. Had we won? Everyone would be calling it a stroke of genius, saying it showed how confident we were. That narrative, like the one that persists, would also be bullshit.
Completely agree. United’s players look like kids trying their dad’s suits on.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7822 on: May 26, 2021, 09:31:59 am »
Y'all are missing the point.

Is that Diego Maradona warming up being Jamie Redknapp?

Offline semit5

• obsessed with faeces
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7823 on: May 26, 2021, 08:36:37 pm »
Wow those United suits are HORRENDOUS! Not enough is made of that, did they try them on before hand and say yeah that’ll do. Ours look stunning in comparison.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #7824 on: May 26, 2021, 11:06:04 pm »

I like that they've included a salute to tiny Philipp Lahm on there... ;D

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7825 on: May 26, 2021, 11:49:30 pm »

I once did a tongue n cheek mock-up based on those suits. And tbf, many of our kits have been worse.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #7826 on: May 27, 2021, 01:21:13 am »

The only reason why we wore those white suits, was David James had a modelling deal with Armani, so he thought be great idea for the team to get suits fitted out by Armani for the cup final, however when the players were fitted out for the suits, there was only 2 colours available, either blue or in white, no way were we going to were blue suits, so we went with the white suits instead.

The narrative since is convenient as we lost, be totally different had we won.
#Sausages

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7827 on: May 27, 2021, 11:26:46 am »
The only reason why we wore those white suits, was David James had a modelling deal with Armani, so he thought be great idea for the team to get suits fitted out by Armani for the cup final, however when the players were fitted out for the suits, there was only 2 colours available, either blue or in white, no way were we going to were blue suits, so we went with the white suits instead.

The narrative since is convenient as we lost, be totally different had we won.

Folwer has said they didn't know they were white until they opened the bags and by then it was too late to change them.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #7828 on: May 27, 2021, 01:04:02 pm »
Southampton's new Hummel kit. I'd prefer stripes on the back too.

"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline arthur sarnoff

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7829 on: May 27, 2021, 07:58:40 pm »
Think I would too, and I'm not too keen on the collar.  Still, I quite like it.  Certainly compared to a lot of the new kits.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #7830 on: May 27, 2021, 08:36:54 pm »
Does it look a bit like the Travelator from Gladiators?

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7831 on: May 28, 2021, 12:32:55 pm »
Nice kit if it wasn't for the betting sponsor making it look cheap

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7832 on: May 28, 2021, 12:38:53 pm »
Think I would too, and I'm not too keen on the collar.  Still, I quite like it.  Certainly compared to a lot of the new kits.
I hate teams having stripes on the back. You can never see the numbers when teams are playing.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7833 on: May 28, 2021, 05:00:03 pm »

I think it's a nod to their heritage of half of their players later signing for us (the reds).

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7834 on: May 28, 2021, 05:44:52 pm »

Think their 2005 kit was similar to this one

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #7835 on: May 28, 2021, 05:58:45 pm »

Thought not particularly being a huge fan of the kits, as such, I quite liked Southampton's novel approach to their kits a couple of years back - home & third, I think...and something I'm surprised more '...& white' striped teams don't do.

(Much prefer that newer one to this one of a similar design, by the way.)

Offline dosx

• Kopite
  • This is Anfield
    • LFC
« Reply #7836 on: May 30, 2021, 11:43:13 am »

Saints women

🔥97🔥

Offline dosx

• Kopite
  • This is Anfield
    • LFC
« Reply #7837 on: May 30, 2021, 11:57:37 am »
Parma 2021 BLM kit

🔥97🔥

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #7838 on: May 30, 2021, 01:01:07 pm »
You’re hard pressed to find a Bayern kit that isn’t at least a solid 8/10.

Helps when your kit manufacturer is also a shareholder so actually give a shit about you.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7839 on: June 2, 2021, 09:49:56 am »
Euro 2020 kit rankings: Rating and slating all 48 shirts at the European Championships

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/euro-2020-kits-ranked-rated-24191528.amp?