Author Topic: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies  (Read 1040385 times)

Offline Rafadagaffer

• Kopite
  • Walk on Walk on..
Re: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies
« Reply #80 on: March 25, 2009, 01:34:50 pm »
are you sure? how can you tell until you try it?

:lmao
I think we have some posibilities, no?

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Available for parties and dinners.
« Reply #81 on: March 25, 2009, 02:24:31 pm »
Does a one legged duck swim in circles ?
No, it just floats therefore is a witch!!!
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: March 25, 2009, 02:32:40 pm »
No, it just floats therefore is a witch!!!

Or made of wood
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #83 on: March 25, 2009, 02:35:03 pm »

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #84 on: March 25, 2009, 06:22:04 pm »
Why was that man coming from St Ives not arrested for polygamy??
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #85 on: March 25, 2009, 06:41:39 pm »
Does a one legged duck swim in circles ?
I dunno, but my mates ex bird one had a retarded terrapin that only used one fin, and it used to swim in circles. The other terrapins used to bully it. Whenever Pepe made it to the rock, the used to push him away and it'd take the poor fucker hours to get back.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #86 on: March 25, 2009, 06:44:15 pm »
My question.

Have i dislocated my little finger? Its been, what looks like swollen on the middle knuckle, since it got twated with a footy at footy training on sun. I thought if it was swelling it would have gone down by now.. I did save the pen though!
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #87 on: March 25, 2009, 06:47:22 pm »
My question.

Have i dislocated my little finger? Its been, what looks like swollen on the middle knuckle, since it got twated with a footy at footy training on sun. I thought if it was swelling it would have gone down by now.. I did save the pen though!

Was it sorta bent when you stopped the ball? If so it could be  a staved finger which hurts like crazy, tho I canny remember if it swelled or not

Why does a heron stand on one leg??
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

YNWA Rafa.

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: March 25, 2009, 06:57:44 pm »
My question.

Is highly likely... but that will heal on it's own unless is in an awful angle or something like that. Ice on it ;)
Video of the save or it didn't happen!

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #89 on: March 25, 2009, 07:07:27 pm »
Was it sorta bent when you stopped the ball? If so it could be  a staved finger which hurts like crazy, tho I canny remember if it swelled or not

Dont know, kept the gloves on and carried on with the pen shootout. Hardcore me! Doest hurt though, unless i really try to "make a fist"

Is highly likely... but that will heal on it's own unless is in an awful angle or something like that. Ice on it ;)
Video of the save or it didn't happen!
It'll put itself back in? May go to a & e in the morning...dont want to go now, it'l be to busy and i'll be there for ages!

Think i saved 12 out of 32. Call me Reina!

Offline Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #90 on: March 25, 2009, 07:13:40 pm »

because they'd get pretty wet if they didn't
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #91 on: March 25, 2009, 07:14:30 pm »
because they'd get pretty wet if they didn't

Smartarse!!

Why not on two legs??

YNWA Rafa.

Offline Surprise me.

• Is 2" bigger than fordy87.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Formerly El Torres.
« Reply #92 on: March 25, 2009, 07:16:26 pm »
It'll put itself back in? May go to a & e in the morning...dont want to go now, it'l be to busy and i'll be there for ages!

Just do what Mel Gibson did in lethal weapon where he smashed his dislocated shoulder into a wall and fixed it. Punch a wall. Movies never lie!

Offline Party Phil

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #93 on: March 25, 2009, 07:20:47 pm »
Just do what Mel Gibson did in lethal weapon where he smashed his dislocated shoulder into a wall and fixed it. Punch a wall. Movies never lie!

They wouldn't put a bad idea in a film, they'd get sued.

Offline Party Phil

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #94 on: March 25, 2009, 07:21:41 pm »
Smartarse!!

Why not on two legs??

no idea, maybe to reduce heat loss? why didn't you ask that in the first place ::)

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #95 on: March 25, 2009, 07:22:37 pm »
They wouldn't put a bad idea in a film, they'd get sued.
:D

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #96 on: March 25, 2009, 07:26:54 pm »

Because he's been watching The Karate Kid

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #97 on: March 25, 2009, 07:27:23 pm »
no idea, maybe to reduce heat loss? why didn't you ask that in the first place ::)
I thought it was obvious that was what I meant!!

YNWA Rafa.

Offline Party Phil

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #98 on: March 25, 2009, 07:30:29 pm »
I thought it was obvious that was what I meant!!

;D it was but I can't resist taking the piss, sorry!

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: March 25, 2009, 07:31:26 pm »
I bet the winter nights fly by in your house. :P
;D  gave me a chuckle that

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: March 25, 2009, 08:31:09 pm »
Maybe is too late for that because the pain can be terrible and depending if it's just a dislocation or if you have a fracture there, as I said if the angle is too odd, you should go to the A&E (I hope that mean medical attention)

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: March 25, 2009, 08:47:27 pm »
What do Ice cream truck drivers do during the winter time?
round our house, they still try to sell whatever they're selling. even at 10 pm on a freezing January night. not sure if i want to know what they're selling!

If you put a slug in salty water does it die??
yes, the salt still dehydrates it, even if it's salt water.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: March 25, 2009, 09:05:50 pm »
round our house, they still try to sell whatever they're selling. even at 10 pm on a freezing January night. not sure if i want to know what they're selling!

Osmosis is a cruel mistress.

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #103 on: March 25, 2009, 09:10:25 pm »
ah good, I didnt want to be cruel enough to try it myself

Another one that bugs me

Why is it geese but it's mongooses and mooses?
Similarly why is it mice and lice but then it's houses?

YNWA Rafa.

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: March 25, 2009, 09:18:49 pm »
That is quite and interesting question. Especially given the spelling of the word ton. Now if it was spelt tonne, it would unambiguously a measure of weight, whereupon they would clearly be the same. Now using ton gives some wriggle room. Colloquially in the UK, a ton is 100. So you could interpret the question as meaning which is heavier, 100 feathers or 100 bricks. Now this would lead to the conclusion that the bricks would be heavier. But if the bricks were made of aerogel they would be lighter. And of could you could interpret ton as a measure of weight. But there is ambiguity as to which ton you would be referring to. Another possible tack it refers to the ton as a measure of volume. It could be a displacement, measurement or water ton. In which case the bricks would again be heavier (unless constructed of a material less dense than feathers). The compaction of the fathers would also be significant.

So, to summarise, there is not enough information to answer the question with any confidence.

Are you sheldon from the big bang theory?

Offline SP

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: March 25, 2009, 09:22:50 pm »
All depends on the derivation.

Etymology
From Portuguese mangus, from Marathi, from Telugu ముంగిస (muMgisa).
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/mongoose

Compare with http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/goose

The words come from different sources hence are declined differently.

Offline SP

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: March 25, 2009, 09:24:12 pm »
Are you sheldon from the big bang theory?

Do you think I am a fictional character?

Offline Party Phil

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #107 on: March 25, 2009, 09:26:09 pm »

Do you have to live quite so relentlessly in the real world?

Offline WorldChampions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: March 25, 2009, 09:26:39 pm »

Yes, it s a possibility

Offline SP

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: March 25, 2009, 09:27:23 pm »
Yes, it s a possibility

How many other fictional characters do you correspond with? Go on spill the beans.

Offline WorldChampions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: March 25, 2009, 09:29:52 pm »
How many other fictional characters do you correspond with? Go on spill the beans.

I once had a sleep over at peter pans house, although he looked alot whiter than I imagined...

Offline SP

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: March 25, 2009, 09:32:01 pm »
Do you have to live quite so relentlessly in the real world?

I tried that, but then I had children so it did not seem like such a good idea. I get geekier and more anal when stoned. I lose the ability to speak coherently before I lose the ability to spot grammatical faux pas.

When doing A-level Maths I tried doing practice papers pissed. I was institutionalised at the time and it seemed like a good idea. Didn't make any difference to my marks.

Offline SP

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: March 25, 2009, 09:32:53 pm »
I once had a sleep over at peter pans house, although he looked alot whiter than I imagined...

So you're Bubbles.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #113 on: March 25, 2009, 09:48:10 pm »

Offline Jaska

• Hävytön mulkku - cheek shagger
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: March 30, 2009, 02:53:48 pm »
Where can I find the pic of young Rafa having curly hair? Someone on RAWK has it as avatar but can't remember who  :(

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: March 30, 2009, 02:56:57 pm »
Where can I find the pic of young Rafa having curly hair? Someone on RAWK has it as avatar but can't remember who  :(
pm me and I send it to you ;)

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #116 on: March 30, 2009, 03:01:05 pm »

here you are mate:

http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satellite/en/1202762937596/noticia/Noticia/Rafa_Benitez_Real_Madrid_past.htm
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 03:03:05 pm by Phil M »
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #117 on: March 30, 2009, 03:02:53 pm »
Who was the Liverpool player who scored the last minute goal against Arsenel a few years ago at Anfield.

It was a wet Wednesday night and a tense 0-0 draw, then with seconds to go we had a guy who played mostly in the reserves who hit a thunderbolt from miles out, a bit of curve on it and it went just inside the far post.

Sol Campbells face when he turned round was priceless.

The guy looked a bit like Gerrard if you squint.

I think we either sold him him on or he is on loan somewhere.

Amazing goal and struck me as one of those momenets you would never ever ever forget it was you.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #118 on: March 30, 2009, 03:03:30 pm »
Who was the Liverpool player who scored the last minute goal against Arsenel a few years ago at Anfield.

It was a wet Wednesday night and a tense 0-0 draw, then with seconds to go we had a guy who played mostly in the reserves who hit a thunderbolt from miles out, a bit of curve on it and it went just inside the far post.

Sol Campbells face when he turned round was priceless.

The guy looked a bit like Gerrard if you squint.

I think we either sold him him on or he is on loan somewhere.

Amazing goal and struck me as one of those momenets you would never ever ever forget it was you.

Neil Mellor.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Jaska

• Hävytön mulkku - cheek shagger
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: March 30, 2009, 03:03:51 pm »