The Liverpool FC Forum > Liverpool FC Forum

European and World Champion and all round Big Man Joseph Dave Gomez

<< < (2/1483) > >>

ThePeetmix:
Obviously, it's still early and we'll see over the course of the season, but Gomez is pretty ideal for what we want in a back-up right-back. Good legs to get up and down, good defensively and just be reliable. He looks like he can become a very good player in the future but for now, he may well do.

As for left-back, we'll see how Maguire goes over the course of the season, but I think he can take on a similar role to Gomez. He's a consistant performer so I'd back him if called upon.

Kopenhagen:
I was impressed with him yesterday. Obviously it means little, considering the opposition, but as a backup RB we could certainly do worse. Chances might be limited with Clyne ahead of him, though, so I expect he'll be sent on loan, probably to Clement's Derby.

B0151?:

--- Quote from: Kopenhagen on July 15, 2015, 04:59:24 pm ---I was impressed with him yesterday. Obviously it means little, considering the opposition, but as a backup RB we could certainly do worse. Chances might be limited with Clyne ahead of him, though, so I expect he'll be sent on loan, probably to Clement's Derby.

--- End quote ---

He's only 18, playing a season as back-up RB there would be plenty of Cup games he could come in. I think he'd get as much from playing in them as the Championship. And Clyne could easily get injured of course.

rickardinho1:

--- Quote from: Kopenhagen on July 15, 2015, 04:59:24 pm ---I was impressed with him yesterday. Obviously it means little, considering the opposition, but as a backup RB we could certainly do worse. Chances might be limited with Clyne ahead of him, though, so I expect he'll be sent on loan, probably to Clement's Derby.

--- End quote ---
We played 58 games last season, and only 4 players started more than 35 of those (Skrtel, Henderson, Coutinho, and Sterling), so odds are that Gomez would get around 10-12 games in EL and cups.

I think he's ready to contribute as a RB, but if we see him as a CB long-term he'd benefit more from playing regularly as a CB this season instead.

ThePeetmix:

--- Quote from: rickardinho1 on July 15, 2015, 10:40:00 pm ---We played 58 games last season, and only 4 players started more than 35 of those (Skrtel, Henderson, Coutinho, and Sterling), so odds are that Gomez would get around 10-12 games in EL and cups.

I think he's ready to contribute as a RB, but if we see him as a CB long-term he'd benefit more from playing regularly as a CB this season instead.

--- End quote ---

That's unlikely to happen as we have lots of competition for place there. Right now, he's probably the 2nd best right back at the club.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version