The Liverpool FC Forum > Technology and Science

The Broadband Speed Pissing Contest

(1/285) > >>

¡Basta Ya!:
www.speedtest.net has a great test for judging you up and down speed. More than just a pissing contest I thought it would be a decent little resource for the many posters that ask questions about ISP's. After you get your results there is a 'forum link' - just copy that and paste it into this thread.

Provider: NTL
Target Speed: 4MB

leighton:

12 meg on a 20 meg line  :wanker :wanker :wanker :wanker :wanker :wanker :wanker

¡Basta Ya!:
Bet you have torrents running? - Cable (as far as I'm aware) gives pretty much spot on most of the time other than really heavy periods.

filopastry:

--- Quote from: Ephraim Longworth on October  9, 2007, 08:30:17 am ---Bet you have torrents running? - Cable (as far as I'm aware) gives pretty much spot on most of the time other than really heavy periods.

--- End quote ---

I thought contention was a pretty major issue on Virgin lines?

¡Basta Ya!:
Depends where and when you connect, I guess? You probably know more about it than me, It's just what I was told by the installation guy, that you get far closer to the speed than with a phone line (I have a TalkTalk broadband 8mb service, too that I get about 3.5 from (must be quite far from the exchange)

I've always found cable pretty much spot on. Although I'd like to see what BeBroadband could offer me - I guess the 24mb would be less than half that considering my TalkTalk is less than half of the 8mb.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version