Author Topic: Charters - 2 WCS Dreamliner Flights + 1 WCS A350 Cancelled. See OP  (Read 80860 times)

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Chartered Flights Talk (Thomas Cook / WorldChoice Sports / etc)
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2018, 09:44:02 pm »
If anyone wants to doubt me, message me

Wouldn't have thought that anyone doubts you mate . I'm on the same flight as you , so a bit concerned by the silence from Worldchoice, although they did say that it would likely be Thursday before confirmations . 

Not overly concerned at this stage over flight time changes , although I'd prefer not to arrive much later than the previous indications . Not going to stress too much over it , but the late confirmation doesn't help.

Let's see how things turn out tomorrow , and hopefully everything is tickety boo.
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline lukas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2018, 10:05:54 pm »
I'm on this flight too, the Ethiopian airlines one. Had nothing yet either. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.
PSN:lr3487

Offline vanoord

• Kopite
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2018, 10:10:30 pm »
I'm booked on the same flight (WorldChoice 9.30 Manchester).

Reckon it'll be a game of brinkmanship between WCS and Kiev airport - and probably a shift in departure time - but it might go to Friday before it gets confirmed.

As far as I can tell (I've mislaid the link on Twitter), Worldchoice have a flight from Liverpool at 12:05  (midnight) on Saturday morning to Kiev on an Ethiopian Airlines A350 and the Manchester flight (presumably) will use the same plane, so the confirmation of the Manchester flight is going to depend on confirming the Liverpool flight.
But ye gotta know where ye're just gonna rush in. Ye cannae just rush in anywhere. It looks bad, havin' to rush oout again straight awa'..

Offline tgfcoton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • I see Red people everywhere - SOS 3251
Chartered Flights Talk (Thomas Cook / WorldChoice Sports / etc)
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2018, 08:58:08 am »
Weve booked through Crown Travel of Allerton flying out of Liverpool Airport and still nothing news wise on who the charter is with and flight number yet alone flight time. Starting to get more than a little concerned as they are not responding to any communications either

Fingers and everything else crossed it all comes together either today or tomorrow

EDIT - Finally as of 9am this morning the flight details have been confirmed by crown
safe travels everyone
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 09:25:13 am by tgfcoton »

Offline Qcase1977

• Kopite
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2018, 09:03:28 am »
Anyone on the 11am Saturday from Manchester World choice sports flights?

I’m thinking of getting a cab into the park once through security. Think it will make it 30 mins easily quicker. Thinking of doing the same after the match really.

Offline claresy2005

• Anny Roader
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2018, 09:14:19 am »
Anyone on world choice liverpool Dreamliner day return who hears something today can you post on here pls

Offline gods_left_peg

• Kopite
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2018, 09:16:49 am »
Just seen this on Twitter

I'm in the same boat, so to speak.  I'm booked onto the Dreamliner on Saturday morning.  I've just called WCS and was told they are still discussing landing slots with Boryspil but hope to be issuing e-tickets around lunchtime today.
“This club will always be the most important thing for ­millions of fans all over the world, just like Everton are the most important club to some people." - King Kenny

Offline kwalitee, no?

• Believer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2018, 09:17:45 am »
Anyone on world choice liverpool Dreamliner day return who hears something today can you post on here pls

I'm on that one and have just emailed them - so will update if I get a reply

Offline claresy2005

• Anny Roader
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2018, 09:19:30 am »
I'm on that one and have just emailed them - so will update if I get a reply

Mates just rang and text me this (as far as I know this is only in relation to the WCS Dreamliner one)-‘just called them said still no idea and currently having meeting to try and resolve but currently they don't have a landing slot in Kiev’

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
Thought it would be useful for us to have our own thread especially assuming it may be a bit of a shitshow coming back. So let's unite, make friends and otherwise share useful information in this thread.

Important information for World Choice Sports Dreamliner flights.

Just off the phone with them.

Issue affects three Dreamliner flights tomorrow and Saturday. No other flights affected.

No expectation of any cancellations.

Issue is the number of private jets (60+) taking up slots.

Peter Moores in meeting with Kiev airport and expected to be resolved in a couple
Of hours.

Once resolved they will text all passengers with flight details and close phone lines to focus on issuing e-tickets.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline gods_left_peg

• Kopite
Thanks Alan
“This club will always be the most important thing for ­millions of fans all over the world, just like Everton are the most important club to some people." - King Kenny

Offline kwalitee, no?

• Believer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Thanks Alan

Offline NickoH

• Has to fart in private to avoid offending the posh guys and gals in the Marketing Dept
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speak softly love so no one hears us but the sky
On WCS facey page:

24/05/18 UPDATE - Kiev Borispil Airport are still allocating landing slots for charter flights.

We are still awaiting confirmed slots for the following flights:
(outbound - return)

25-27 May ET8700 & ET8701
26-27 May ET8704 & ET8705     
26-27 May ET8706 & ET8707

We are hoping to have an update very shortly. Once we receive this, we will send a text to all passengers on the above flights.
I clutch the wire fence until my fingers bleed,
A wound that will not heal, a heart that cannot feel.
Hoping that the horror will recede,
Hoping that tomorrow we'll all be freed.........JUSTICE.

Offline Qcase1977

• Kopite
Just been on the phone to them in world choice. Jesus h Christ. They are going to be changing the flight time for the 11am departure from Manchester. No idea what time. Earlier or later.

Offline NickoH

• Has to fart in private to avoid offending the posh guys and gals in the Marketing Dept
  • Legacy Fan
Just been on the phone to them in world choice. Jesus h Christ. They are going to be changing the flight time for the 11am departure from Manchester. No idea what time. Earlier or later.

Fuck me sideways....mini-bus booked, lounge booked, in preparation of 11am now.

We can't go any later surely

Offline Qcase1977

• Kopite
They haven’t a fucking clue. Im calling them back because the flight numbers on Facebook are not what we’ve been sent.

Offline vanoord

• Kopite
Great - as long as you know which flight number refers to which flight! (I've not seen anything for our flight yet)

Finally found the link from Twitter again - this might help: http://derbosoft.proboards.com/thread/28643/champions-league-final-kiev-2018

Doesn't make much sense to me, but suspect ET8706/7 are the Manchester flights as they're not listed from Liverpool.
But ye gotta know where ye're just gonna rush in. Ye cannae just rush in anywhere. It looks bad, havin' to rush oout again straight awa'..

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
Typical worldchoice on the f**k up again 3rd time they've had issues when chartering Liverpool fans in the past.
What we achieve in life, echos in eternity

Offline Qcase1977

• Kopite
Fuck me sideways....mini-bus booked, lounge booked, in preparation of 11am now.

We can't go any later surely

And breath.

Ok called again got through. Spoke to the same person. Idiot. She said again I had to check. Flight times changed etc etc. I said but those flight numbers are not what you sent me. I said this in the last call. She goes oh then you are all sorted. No changes to your flights.

I can’t take this.

Offline NickoH

• Legacy Fan
And breath.

Ok called again got through. Spoke to the same person. Idiot. She said again I had to check. Flight times changed etc etc. I said but those flight numbers are not what you sent me. I said this in the last call. She goes oh then you are all sorted. No changes to your flights.

I can’t take this.

Hahahaha, you've got to laugh mate.

Offline Qcase1977

• Kopite
Hahahaha, you've got to laugh mate.

To right.

From any of these flights from Manchester do we know what terminals they are departing from?

Offline Qcase1977

• Kopite
To right.

From any of these flights from Manchester do we know what terminals they are departing from?

Sorry I see it’s terminal 2

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I know a lad who works for SportOptions and he said they waited until they had full confirmation from Kiev before they released details of their flights - he said they waited for confirmation to avoid the exact situation that WorldChoiceSports are in right now

Miles at SportsOptions is a fucking great lad.

Hope all the WCS lads get sorted. Sure it will all come good in the end fellas :)

Offline lukas

• Legacy Fan
My initial e ticket said T1 for Ethiopian flight. Just times tbc.

Offline vanoord

• Kopite
My initial e ticket said T1 for Ethiopian flight. Just times tbc.

Mine says T1 at Kiev, doesn't mention a terminal at Manchester.

Then again, there's paperwork that says Terminal D at Kiev.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 11:22:59 am by vanoord »

Offline lukas

• Legacy Fan
Mine says T1 at Kiev, doesn't mention a terminal at Manchester.

Then again, there's paperwork that says Terminal D at Kiev.

On second glance mines the same haha!

Offline gods_left_peg

• Kopite
Just phoned WCS as the flight time is going to have an impact on my plans for today and tomorrow. They said they should know something in the next 20 minutes. Fingers crossed we know more soon.

Offline lukas

• Legacy Fan
Cheers for the updates mate.

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Just received text off Worldchoice Sports :

'We are having difficulties confirming slots in Kiev . High authorities working on this as we speak . Hope to have an update by 14.30'.

Fuckin shambles !
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
Just received text off Worldchoice Sports :

'We are having difficulties confirming slots in Kiev . High authorities working on this as we speak . Hope to have an update by 14.30'.

Fuckin shambles !

Sounds like they didn't submit info to Kiev authoritys by the dead line last Friday and now striggling to get sorted. Not the first time these have f**ked up!
What we achieve in life, echos in eternity

Offline vanoord

• Kopite
Not wanting to increase the levels of worry, but according to Facebook, their office is locked and the blinds are drawn.

Not surprising, given they obviously have a major problem with Kiev conforming the landing slots and having people in the office shouting at them isn't going to help.

Offline lukas

• Legacy Fan
Just fuck off. State of this.

Offline AA3JM21

• Main Stander
Horrible from them this .. IF it does get sorted its almost guaranteed to be such shite slots now too

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Horrible from them this .. IF it does get sorted its almost guaranteed to be such shite slots now too

Even if it leaves the night before , I'd take that .

Just want to get there .

Offline AA3JM21

• Main Stander
Even if it leaves the night before , I'd take that .

Just want to get there .

Yeah of course mate .. they'l blame Kiev airport for this but in reality it's obviously their fault
Doubt anyone will be using them again anytime soon!

Offline cheshiremike

• Podcast/Youtube Addict. Sworn enema of CheshireDave
  • Anny Roader
horrible feeling they are about to fuck a lot of people over  :no

Offline kwalitee, no?

• Believer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Well I'm not getting anything done. It seems like ages since I booked this, can't believe they are fucking around like this. I just want to get there - the thought that it might just all fall to bits is horrible.

I'm not helped by constant GDPR emails arriving - bastards.

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah of course mate .. they'l blame Kiev airport for this but in reality it's obviously their fault
Doubt anyone will be using them again anytime soon!

I know mate - just got a horrible sinking feeling .

They've obviously been lying throughout this , telling different people different things . Hopefully they can still get it sorted - guessing this affects around 1000 people.

Offline WanderingRed

• Kopite
I thought the dreamliner was operating about 2/3 flights to Kiev?

Ethiopian Dreamliners carry around 300 people