Author Topic: Harry Maguire considering his options thread  (Read 3273221 times)

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: United - Get Interim - The Rangnik Years... (well, Months maybe)
« Reply #27560 on: November 29, 2021, 03:24:24 pm »
Will Ralfie be charge for Thursday against us. I would hope so, that Michael Carrick is their best manager since Fergie left.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27561 on: November 29, 2021, 03:30:12 pm »
Will Ralfie be charge for Thursday against us. I would hope so, that Michael Carrick is their best manager since Fergie left.

Ralfie invented modern football as we know it though, or so I've been led to believe over the past few days. So swings and roundabouts.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Andypandimonium

• Kopite
« Reply #27562 on: November 29, 2021, 03:48:24 pm »
I find myself asking "what would Jurgen do?" with the squad that Ralf is coming to play with. Assuming no ins and outs in Jan as everyone is going to join the Geordie gravy train I could see him benching Maguire, WB, Pogba, Bruno, Ronaldo, and Greenwood as they can't or won't play his way. De Gea could also be in that list if they had someone who could play sweeper-keeper but they don't. I actually think he could get some sort of tune out of Shaw and Fred. They are limited but can play to instructions. From what I can see Fred is the one player who actually tries to do something for the team. Keep him away from the final third though! It goes without saying that Sancho, Rashford, Varane, Van de Beek, even Lindelof would be better players under JK, and Cavani would be the old guy coming off the bench, not the chosen one. Still leaves them horribly short for this season, so don't know what changes short-term. He has a pretty soft schedule over December so they have to improve their position then. A new coach bounce is a must. A few bad results in the next 8 games and I don't think they get top four or anywhere near.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #27563 on: November 29, 2021, 03:50:41 pm »
They do it on purpose Lynne!
hahaha

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #27564 on: November 29, 2021, 03:57:12 pm »
Carrick did what an arm chair coach like me would do. Use the pace up front, adapt the shape to the limitations of the defense and midfielders, keep Maguire and Ronaldo out. Not the slightest creative, but sensible.

It will be interesting to see whether Rangnik will try to play with a high press, or with a low defense like yesterday. He's known for pressing, but the squad is much better suited to playing like yesterday. Going for the high press immediately would be a bold statement, but very risky.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #27565 on: November 29, 2021, 04:04:10 pm »
United boardroom:

Is he German ✔️

Does he wear glasses? ✔️

Sign him up.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #27566 on: November 29, 2021, 04:19:15 pm »

Online Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #27567 on: November 29, 2021, 04:22:03 pm »
Carrick did what an arm chair coach like me would do. Use the pace up front, adapt the shape to the limitations of the defense and midfielders, keep Maguire and Ronaldo out. Not the slightest creative, but sensible.

It will be interesting to see whether Rangnik will try to play with a high press, or with a low defense like yesterday. He's known for pressing, but the squad is much better suited to playing like yesterday. Going for the high press immediately would be a bold statement, but very risky.

not sure he had much choice there  ;)

Believer

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27568 on: November 29, 2021, 04:26:03 pm »
They want a piece of german sausage as well
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27569 on: November 29, 2021, 04:29:45 pm »
Their greatest Ralph since Ralphie Milne.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27570 on: November 29, 2021, 04:36:42 pm »
You should fully understand the Manc hype machine by now.

Anyone and everyone that goes to OT is automatically hailed as "Best in the world" in their position. It doesn't matter what role. Tea lady, turnstile operator, chef, manager, striker, defender, midfielder etc... The Halo Effect kicks in and all manner of positive qualities are attributed to them just by virtue of being employed by Man United.

It's so true but never fails to surprise me even though it shouldn't.

The wiki page especially made me chuckle, I was on there a week ago to learn more about this grand master of football was who I'd hardly heard of, then had a look today and it has been beefed up beyond belief with all kinds of stuff to make him sound like some founding father of the game.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27571 on: November 29, 2021, 04:42:46 pm »
Rory Smith did a bit on him in 'Mister' I think.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/08/sports/soccer/man-united-RB-leipzig-ralf-rangnick.html

Rangnick considers Klopp to be “the best coach in the world,” one who has taken the beliefs they share onto another plane of excellence.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #27572 on: November 29, 2021, 06:03:27 pm »
utd fan phones in to talkshite - not the usual rant full of dribble, this is quality and he's less deluded than 95% of the fanbase when it comes to their squad

well worth a listen, funny as fuck and on the money

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acP8nmsjB5E
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #27573 on: November 29, 2021, 06:26:06 pm »
utd fan phones in to talkshite - not the usual rant full of dribble, this is quality and he's less deluded than 95% of the fanbase when it comes to their squad

Wow!! A Man U fan actually talking sense!
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27574 on: November 29, 2021, 06:48:59 pm »
We don't understand what's about to happen apparently 😂 you'd think these fuckers would learn wouldn't you 🙄

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27575 on: November 29, 2021, 07:11:13 pm »
The consultancy aspect sounds like utd trying to have their cake and eat it, they want a progressive German to come in and overhaul the club but they don't want to lose their say in how the club is run. They'll pick and choose which advice to follow and continue their strategy of throwing shit at a wall.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #27576 on: November 29, 2021, 07:18:00 pm »
It's so true but never fails to surprise me even though it shouldn't.

The wiki page especially made me chuckle, I was on there a week ago to learn more about this grand master of football was who I'd hardly heard of, then had a look today and it has been beefed up beyond belief with all kinds of stuff to make him sound like some founding father of the game.
That's the Mancs for you.

There was once a pigeon. Just an ordinary pigeon. Then one day he landed at Old Trafford. Suddenly, he was the best pigeon in the world.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #27577 on: November 29, 2021, 07:19:18 pm »
That's the Mancs for you.

There was once a pigeon. Just an ordinary pigeon. Then one day he landed at Old Trafford. Suddenly, he was the best pigeon in the world.

Is this United’s social media team planning Richarlison’s big unveiling this summer?

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #27578 on: November 29, 2021, 07:23:05 pm »
Is this United’s social media team planning Richarlison’s big unveiling this summer?
Ver good, and very quick. 😊
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline cormorant

• Legacy Fan
  • We had Shankly and the Kop at Liverpool...
« Reply #27579 on: November 29, 2021, 07:53:11 pm »
Thank you Fenway. We've got Jürgen Klopp and we need no more.
The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the Kop make you feel great - yet humble. I'm just one of the people...

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #27580 on: November 29, 2021, 08:01:50 pm »
We don't understand what's about to happen apparently 😂 you'd think these fuckers would learn wouldn't you 🙄

Be afraid, be very afraid
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #27581 on: November 29, 2021, 08:10:07 pm »
Youse are all obsessed with Man United and klopp and mane hate each other

And the whole teams juiced up. No-one can run that much
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Online vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27582 on: November 29, 2021, 08:12:41 pm »
It’s probably worth pointing out that whilst it took Klopp 2-3 years to really grow the team he at least had us all paying well and being competitive almost immediately (getting us to 2 cup finals that season).

I would suspect most Mancs would take a season similar to our 15-16 one now on the premise that they’ll be competing for greater honours in the near future. Whether either of those 2 things happens though is far from certain.

ooh ah, Cantona...

Online vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27583 on: November 29, 2021, 08:14:18 pm »
He didn’t, no, but if you look at our current squad now vs the one that Klopp inherited there’s very few that have lasted.

You would imagine an experienced manager would stand a fair chance of getting a tune out of the likes of De Gea, Varane, De Beek, Sancho, Rashford etc. I’ve always been half way with this in that I always thought it was fanciful when people (usually United fans) claimed that a decent manager would be crushing all before them with their squad as it just focussed on the names and totally ignores the form (and by form I mean consistent form over a number of seasons) and also ignores the glaring deficiencies in defensive midfield and centre half/full back. That said, it also isn’t as shit as is being made out and I would imagine that Rangik stands a decent chance of getting them a respectful final league finish (and by that I mean 4th) and a run in the FA Cup which is the only trophy they’d stand a chance of winning. I think most sensible people would be happy with that if you’re a United fan with a view to improving next season.

As I say, that may well not happen as it’s far from a guarantee, hopefully it doesn’t, I’m just making the point that you can see quite rapid changes when you sack a manager and bring in someone more qualified to do the job, as Chelsea have shown lately.

On the piss with Georgie Best...

Online vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27584 on: November 29, 2021, 08:15:37 pm »
Odd thing to point out being as he inherited even less! Our defence was awful all over the board, the only half decent defender was Clyne who was totally unsuited to the style of play.  Same with a lot of the midfield, but he even got a tune out of the likes of Joe Allen who again was totally unsuited, for a little while. Even Benteke contributed despite being the most un Klopp like striker around.

Klopp could get far more out of these Man Utd players though, surely you see that! He’d not turn them into supserstars, but he and the coaches would coach them well.

What's your opinion on Ralfie boy, Dim? Is he another Klopp?

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27585 on: November 29, 2021, 08:17:14 pm »

;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27586 on: November 29, 2021, 08:20:11 pm »
Interestingly (or in fact not really), Rangnick has only coached for 2 seasons out of the last 10 seasons.

He really doesn’t want to be a coach, so it’s quite funny him taking on this job just to fullfil a dream of his to coach in the premier league.  Taking advantage of Man Utd’s predicament good and proper, and a nice little consultancy gig at the end of it too.

Ah, reading on you've answered my question, Dim. Ta  ;D

Online vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27587 on: November 29, 2021, 08:28:46 pm »
To see the full on Rangnik circle jerk in the press and with fans is a sight to behold. The guy has done almost nothing of note yet since his appointment his wiki has been changed so much you would think the guy invented football. Absolutely hilarious to watch.

Apparently in one of his greatest achievements, which keeps getting repeated, is that he took Schalke all the way to the semi-finals of the champions league. What they fail to mention is that he had nothing to with that run except for one game in the Quarters. It was Felix Magath who took Schalke all the way through to that stage and had finished 2nd in the league the season prior. Let's not mention that though.

Is there a small chance he does well? Of course, but the glossing over the facts that the man has not done anything spectacular with any team, that he somehow is the grandfather of modern football, that he is some managerial great is just beyond anything I've seen. The sheer blindness in order to convince themselves they have made a world class appointment is so pathetic that it makes it all so very very funny. ​

It's now like watching a car cruise down the road knowing full well within the next months the tyres will explode with it flipping over and smashing to pieces, all in slow motion. When that happens it will be all 'the guy didn't suit us, he was never that good, etc'.

Not sure if its desperation or delusion but it is going to be funny as fuck watching them all tie themselves in knots over the next months convincing themselves he is their saviour.

Oh, Andy, what a post :wellin. This thread will just run and run with many more title changes. It just gets better. They're a rabbit in the headlights., they're Liverpool on rewind to the 90's and we're now embracing the joy that them fuckers experienced with us, back then. Boots on the other foot now, lads and I'm gonna keep sticking the Timpson in on them for years to come. All in good fun of course. Tonyy's a good lad.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27588 on: November 29, 2021, 08:32:54 pm »

;D
That meme was the first thing I thought of when I read the comment 😂

Online vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27589 on: November 29, 2021, 08:37:24 pm »

He gobsmacked them. He was talking about...them! Fair play

Offline RayPhilAlan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27590 on: November 29, 2021, 08:43:57 pm »
Question for you all, who is the worst player in the United team? I'll start.

Fred... He cost £47mil.
Not actually disagreeing with your overall assessment of Fred, but I thought he was the best (or perhaps 'best') of the Man Utd players in that game - he won the ball, he used it okay (at times) which seemed quite different to most of his team-mates who failed to win it and failed to use it when they had it. We noticed Fred's comedy moments only because he actually had the ball. Just think, if his team-mates had worked as hard as he did, we could have had 11 times the comedy moments!

What is startling though, is the apparent inability of those 11 players to play as a team. Apart from Sancho, all the starters have been there for a while, but they just don't seem to know each other's game, or they've been put together in such a random way they're incompatible.

Online vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27591 on: November 29, 2021, 08:48:26 pm »
Not actually disagreeing with your overall assessment of Fred, but I thought he was the best (or perhaps 'best') of the Man Utd players in that game - he won the ball, he used it okay (at times) which seemed quite different to most of his team-mates who failed to win it and failed to use it when they had it. We noticed Fred's comedy moments only because he actually had the ball. Just think, if his team-mates had worked as hard as he did, we could have had 11 times the comedy moments!

What is startling though, is the apparent inability of those 11 players to play as a team. Apart from Sancho, all the starters have been there for a while, but they just don't seem to know each other's game, or they've been put together in such a random way they're incompatible.

Jurgen would get a tune out of Fred. There's a player there just got no tactical awareness. He's a bit daft. But he would learn. Remember, he's in the Brazil squad.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27592 on: November 29, 2021, 08:50:07 pm »
That meme was the first thing I thought of when I read the comment 😂

They've had more comebacks than Dracula this lot!
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #27593 on: November 29, 2021, 08:51:06 pm »
Ah, reading on you've answered my question, Dim. Ta  ;D

He is a very good coach, I think I said a few pages back that after Kloppo and Tuchel and Guardiola despite the boring robo-football, he’d be next in line for me in terms of talent in this league. Despite being around a long time, he’s still seen as very much a progressive coach who keeps on top of the sport.

But I just dont think he’s the most grounded of people, even after being in the business so long, he tends to sort of get wound up and frustrated and doesn’t cope so well with the pressures. He’s been quite open really about the fact he doesn’t want to coach.  Only reason he did it at RB Leipzig last time round was to hold down the fort.

So it’s a bit of an odd one for me, but it does seem like a great way to tick something of your list of ‘want to do’, and he’s often mentioned wanting to coach in the PL. Now he gets a short term gig to fulfill it. And there is little pressure really as he knows he will be done with it in a few months.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #27594 on: November 29, 2021, 09:32:55 pm »
It really is a STUPID appointment. I mean.. how..? In what world?... Why?
How could they be so absolutely daft? The decisions just get worse and worse.

Look, I don't doubt Rangnick is a good coach, but he's won so little compared to the others- some of them supposedly his proteges. ONE Bundes at the start of the millenium... when Ged's Liverpool was on fire! An Intertoto in the same year- if you consider it a big trophy.
And a contract until the end of the season? That's far worse even than Conte at Spurs!

Can he really get that team of hopeless, wayward misfits to sing a tune in 6 months time? And after that, he stays in a "consultant" position!?
Don't they have enough "consultants"? I mean, it's Ferguson, then Rio, now Rangnick and G*d knows who else?
Everyone's going to United for a big payday. Their giving money away like it's candy!
Moyesie, Mourinho, Ole, Rio, Carrick, Ferguson is hanging around like a stink that doesn't want to vacate the room, Pogba and his agent milked them - not once but TWICE, Ronaldo..

It's Komedy Kapers featuring the Keystone Kops!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 09:44:32 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27595 on: November 29, 2021, 09:33:08 pm »
Carrick did what an arm chair coach like me would do. Use the pace up front, adapt the shape to the limitations of the defense and midfielders, keep Maguire and Ronaldoout[/b]. Not the slightest creative, but sensible.

Maguire was suspended - or he'd have started for sure.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #27596 on: November 29, 2021, 09:39:35 pm »
Stole this from the Athletic.  The writer, John Muller, wrote a great subscription blog before being hired there.  He's an American so most probably wouldn't have heard of him but he explains things really clearly and well for those that don't want to get into the nitty gritty of the numbers.

I think the main takeaway is that ManU plays so differently from how he has played that there really isn't anything he can do in 6 months that will matter.  This seems more a marriage of convenience in that it gives ManU time to find another manager in the summer and it gives Rangnick a chance to check a box and say he managed in the PL with the consultancy stuff being his true passion and the payoff for only doing this for 6 months.  Honestly will be amazed if they even qualify for the Europa Conference.

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27597 on: November 29, 2021, 09:45:44 pm »
Wow!! A Man U fan actually talking sense!

Call out the rubbish pundits aswell. Well done.
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Online vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27598 on: November 29, 2021, 09:46:10 pm »
He is a very good coach, I think I said a few pages back that after Kloppo and Tuchel and Guardiola despite the boring robo-football, he’d be next in line for me in terms of talent in this league. Despite being around a long time, he’s still seen as very much a progressive coach who keeps on top of the sport.

But I just dont think he’s the most grounded of people, even after being in the business so long, he tends to sort of get wound up and frustrated and doesn’t cope so well with the pressures. He’s been quite open really about the fact he doesn’t want to coach.  Only reason he did it at RB Leipzig last time round was to hold down the fort.

So it’s a bit of an odd one for me, but it does seem like a great way to tick something of your list of ‘want to do’, and he’s often mentioned wanting to coach in the PL. Now he gets a short term gig to fulfill it. And there is little pressure really as he knows he will be done with it in a few months.

It's a smart move for him. No risk, all gain, so the consultation thing, again no risk with a fucking big wedge to boot. United are a cash cow as someone else said.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #27599 on: November 29, 2021, 10:19:35 pm »
It’s a smart move considering where he was, and like you say he’ll fill his pockets. For the sort of ‘coach’ or DOF he is….it’s a dreadful move. It’s essentially ‘please tell us how not to be shit anymore’ with none of the tools he’s historically needed.

It’s like asking the best mechanic in the world to make your Lamborghini run again, when the engine has been replaced by a tonne of dog shit and the only tools he’ll have are some bananas and a ballon dog. It’s fucking delightful, and what makes it so much better is they STILL think that THIS is it. Finally. This is them back. It’ll take a week for them to realise.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.