Author Topic: Roberto Firmino  (Read 2009323 times)

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Roberto Firmino
« Reply #13880 on: November 5, 2021, 02:02:39 pm »
Sure hope it's not as bad as Henderson's last season.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #13881 on: November 5, 2021, 02:02:49 pm »
Knowing our luck he'll be called up by Ghana or someone.

I needed that laugh  ;D   :lmao

Terrible time to lose him. Fancy Minamino to come in and put a good personal run together when needed, but this is fucking crap, especially with Afcon looming. Ah well, game at a time.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #13882 on: November 5, 2021, 02:02:56 pm »
Knowing our luck he'll be called up by Ghana or someone.

;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #13883 on: November 5, 2021, 02:09:34 pm »
The one good thing about international breaks is they let your injured players heal up a bit without missing games. At least 2 weeks if Bobby's hamstring recovery will be during the break. Hopefully get Milner, Jones and Gomez back when we return.

Depends what Jurgen means by ‘serious’

There are grades of hamstring problems as we know from a week out to career changing

I do wish the word serious wasn’t used for my fingernails sake 😂
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13884 on: November 5, 2021, 02:11:21 pm »
Hopefully he'll be fully back for the Christmas fixtures.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #13885 on: November 5, 2021, 02:17:58 pm »

There are grades of hamstring problems as we know from a week out to career changing

He said he doesn't class a serious injury as any less than 4 weeks.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13886 on: November 5, 2021, 02:33:15 pm »
He said he doesn't class a serious injury as any less than 4 weeks.

My hope is they’re trying to pull a fast one on Brazil 😂

Jurgen Klopp

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #13887 on: November 5, 2021, 02:36:15 pm »

It'd be nice wouldnt it :D Can't see us playing that sort of game though, plus you just know if we did Brazil would be even bigger pains in the arse in the future
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13888 on: November 5, 2021, 02:40:36 pm »
It'd be nice wouldnt it :D Can't see us playing that sort of game though, plus you just know if we did Brazil would be even bigger pains in the arse in the future

True

I don’t get why international football is like the fuckimg law though

We pay their wages. It should be us calling the shots. Blows my mind

Jurgen Klopp

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13889 on: November 5, 2021, 03:06:42 pm »
Never ending, just absolutely relentless injuries. Should have put Taki on at 2-0 in a dead game

Recently though 2 goals up doesn't = dead game.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13890 on: November 5, 2021, 03:09:52 pm »

I wonder if that was a quiet message to the Brazil idiots i.e. don't fukk around getting him on a plane for a medical.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #13891 on: November 5, 2021, 03:20:53 pm »
Probably aggravated his hammy problem on nappy duty rushing to toss the nappy away.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #13892 on: November 5, 2021, 03:51:20 pm »
Looks like we'll have to play Origi, Minamino and Jota for some games   :o

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13893 on: November 5, 2021, 03:55:26 pm »
True

I don’t get why international football is like the fuckimg law though

We pay their wages. It should be us calling the shots. Blows my mind
FIFA. Biggest gang of c*nts going.

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13894 on: November 5, 2021, 04:14:11 pm »
Don’t worry, the owners will recognise we are short of quality attacking replacements and sign someone in January….

Offline drirfan

• Main Stander
  • From doubters to believers
« Reply #13895 on: November 5, 2021, 04:28:00 pm »
Probably from Preston

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #13896 on: November 5, 2021, 04:51:36 pm »
If he's out the whole month he'll have missed about the same amount of playing time in 2021 through injury as he did in all of 2015-2020.  The age curve does actually exist but hopefully this is just a bad run of luck for him.

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13897 on: November 5, 2021, 06:00:18 pm »
Perhaps ‘serious’ means ‘don’t even think about taking him to Brazil’

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #13898 on: November 5, 2021, 06:16:47 pm »
No timeline given by Klopp yet people are saying he might not be back to January.  >:(
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13899 on: November 5, 2021, 06:23:29 pm »
No timeline given by Klopp yet people are saying he might not be back to January.  >:(

I agree - we all know it's February

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13900 on: November 5, 2021, 07:02:18 pm »
My commentary on Wednesday said he hadn't scored at Anfield since December 2020, is that correct?

I'm sure no ones more frustrated than Bobby. Hope he'll heal up and give us a boost when he's back!
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #13901 on: November 5, 2021, 08:12:40 pm »
yeah, it really does feel like we get a lot of injuries but it might just be the same as every other team. someone's gotta have the stats somewhere!
I suspect it's more the case that the drop off after one or two injuries hits us is bigger than for the squads we are competing with.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13902 on: November 5, 2021, 08:17:09 pm »
yeah, it really does feel like we get a lot of injuries but it might just be the same as every other team. someone's gotta have the stats somewhere!

https://www.premierinjuries.com/injury-table.php
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #13903 on: November 5, 2021, 08:50:44 pm »
We no sing bobby song no more till he be back, we no hear bobby song till 21. How we cope?
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #13904 on: November 6, 2021, 12:23:48 am »
We no sing bobby song no more till he be back, we no hear bobby song till 21. How we cope?

There's one thing that the Kop want you to know
His name is Takumi Minamino-oooo
Our number Eighteen
Give him the ball and he'll serve up a lovely Japanese fish tureen (lots of extra syllables just like the original version of the Bobby song)
Si Dansei
Give the ball to Taki and he will fly.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #13905 on: November 6, 2021, 08:23:30 am »
There's one thing that the Kop want you to know
His name is Takumi Minamino-oooo
Our number Eighteen
Give him the ball and he'll serve up a lovely  radiant Japanese fish tureen (lots of extra syllables just like the original version of the Bobby song)
Si Dansei
Give the ball to Taki and he will fly.

Fixed that for you, Yorky
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #13906 on: November 6, 2021, 09:22:46 am »
Did you say 'Arabian'?
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13907 on: November 6, 2021, 09:47:40 am »

Will we? The AFCON starts Jan 14th and Firmino is out for 6 weeks according to the Times

Online Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #13908 on: November 6, 2021, 11:42:43 am »
This isn’t really a post just for this thread, but as Bobby’s the latest in a long line, it’s notable that injuries, whilst they’ve always been with us and part of the game, appear to me to be even more prevalent these last couple of seasons.

We train and play with high intensity, and rely on a smaller pool of players than say, City and Chelsea. That’s essentially Klopp’s way and choice. But the increase of International breaks due to the plethora of demands now made on players (Nation’s League ffs) is surely a contributing factor, and as Courtois has been brave enough to say, getting ridiculous.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #13909 on: November 6, 2021, 11:52:21 am »
My first thought as well! ;D
It's just the way Jurgen delivered the updates of all the injuries. It sounded ahem.... "suspect". Like- "We'll try to see after the International break, but not before- I CANNOT PROMISE THAT!" ;D
And a few other "suspicious" nuances, such as the repeated mention of the International break and the general lack of no dates- even suspected ones, which we normally do.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it(I'm prone to this), but here ya go:

“Bobby is not good news with a serious hamstring injury, really unfortunate,” Klopp told liverpoolfc.com.

“We don’t know exactly how long he will be out but it will be not now after the international break directly [that sounds like he's tripping over words]. We have to work on that.”

The Liverpool boss added in his pre-match press conference: “Losing Bobby Firmino is a blow. We have known for two days it was serious. We are talking weeks, still. More than four [again- seems to make it up as he goes]. I’d consider that a serious injury. Then we have to see. Bobby is a quick healer.”

Defender Joe Gomez and midfielder Curtis Jones also missed the Atletico victory and will not be available for Sunday’s trip to West Ham.

“Curtis is a completely different story; he was very unlucky in training – he got a finger that scratched the eye,” [eh!?] added Klopp.

“I had a lot of injuries to players in my career, that was not involved. He is on the way back but we have to see how long exactly. [that's random]

“He will be back after the international break, for sure, but in the international break we have to see [going back and forth] when he can start doing proper stuff again.

“And Joey, hopefully after the international break as well.” [again - AFTER the international break]

Klopp also provided an update on James Milner and Naby Keita: “For them, I hope for after the international break, but I don’t know exactly. I cannot promise that but that’s what we’re working on.” [L0L! ]

Like I said maybe I've got "itching ears" and want to read more into it than what is there, so judge for yeself.
« Last Edit: November 6, 2021, 02:10:44 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13910 on: November 6, 2021, 12:14:18 pm »
It’s a shame for Bobby as he has started the season well. Hopefully not out too long.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #13911 on: November 7, 2021, 06:35:11 pm »
We missed Bobby today.  :(

His pressing, his guile, his ability to pull defenders out of position.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Online vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
« Reply #13912 on: January 8, 2022, 12:24:18 pm »
I had to dig waaaaaay back to find Bobby’s thread. Any news on how he is doing? Can’t help but think He would be critical for us over next few weeks - if he is fit & can play.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #13913 on: January 8, 2022, 12:38:51 pm »
I had to dig waaaaaay back to find Bobby’s thread. Any news on how he is doing? Can’t help but think He would be critical for us over next few weeks - if he is fit & can play.

He is fit I think? Well, apart from the testing positive for Covid part of things!

He should be out of isolation soon.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #13914 on: January 8, 2022, 05:36:51 pm »
He did a no-look catching of Covid. :)
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13915 on: January 8, 2022, 05:38:40 pm »
He did a no-look catching of Covid. :)
then karate-kicked it away.

Online vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
« Reply #13916 on: January 8, 2022, 06:50:41 pm »
then karate-kicked it away.
We need a touch of that Bobby magic next couple of weeks. Would love to see him fit and get his mojo back. With Mo and Sadio away, he’s our leader in the front line.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #13917 on: January 8, 2022, 09:02:20 pm »
We need a touch of that Bobby magic next couple of weeks. Would love to see him fit and get his mojo back. With Mo and Sadio away, he’s our leader in the front line.

Really missed Bobby, time for him to come back and lift the gloom with a bunch of no-look goals and obscure celebratory posing...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #13918 on: January 9, 2022, 03:38:36 pm »
The No look finish is back
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.