Author Topic: Roberto Firmino  (Read 2009332 times)

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Re: Roberto Firmino
« Reply #14240 on: May 14, 2022, 07:40:14 pm »
Looks way off match fitness, need to get him involved as much as possible in the next two league matches so he's back on it for the CL final.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14241 on: May 14, 2022, 08:17:02 pm »
Looks way off match fitness, need to get him involved as much as possible in the next two league matches so he's back on it for the CL final.

Decent penalty.

Online sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14242 on: May 17, 2022, 10:02:32 pm »
Brilliant today.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #14243 on: May 17, 2022, 10:03:42 pm »
Some stunning moves tonight
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #14244 on: May 17, 2022, 10:03:57 pm »
Wonderful. His vision and movement were out of this world. His hairdo perhaps less so :)
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #14245 on: May 17, 2022, 10:04:57 pm »
Dixon or Le Saux (can't remember which one, they kind of just blend into one person) was losing his mind over Bobby's first touch tonight.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #14246 on: May 17, 2022, 10:05:31 pm »
We all could use a little more Bobby...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14247 on: May 17, 2022, 10:09:03 pm »
The guy is still unreal

Online Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14248 on: May 17, 2022, 10:12:41 pm »
Majestic performance. Ran the game

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14249 on: May 17, 2022, 10:16:39 pm »
Class tonight, not seen him as much as we are used to this season, usually ever present. so you kind of forget, not forget but out of site sort of thing with lots going on. That first half he was fucking ace. To be fair when he has played this season he has been utter class.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14250 on: May 17, 2022, 10:23:00 pm »
Majestic performance. Ran the game
He's ridiculous. Does things others can't do, see passes others can't see.

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #14251 on: May 17, 2022, 10:26:11 pm »
excellent game from Bobby, like he's never been out.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #14252 on: May 18, 2022, 05:52:54 am »
Ahh Bobby, I've missed him so. Just a wonderful player that honestly can't be replaced.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14253 on: May 18, 2022, 06:30:47 am »
We all could use a little more Bobby...

You can never have enough Bobby
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14254 on: May 18, 2022, 08:11:28 am »
Dixon or Le Saux (can't remember which one, they kind of just blend into one person) was losing his mind over Bobby's first touch tonight.

Hah, I heard that too. He wanted to give him MotM after 38 minutes.

It was perhaps a bit over the top, but it's nice to see Bobby's skills recognised for once.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14255 on: May 18, 2022, 11:40:21 am »
excellent game from Bobby, like he's never been out.

Much better than drunk Bobby from Sunday!

But that's always been the case for Firmino - after a lay-off he needs a few games to get back - and yesterday he absolutely ran the show.

MotM in just 70 some mins.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14256 on: May 18, 2022, 12:03:07 pm »
Some performance.
Pretty much made a rock solid case for 'old' front three to start against Real.
I'd like that to be honest.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #14257 on: May 19, 2022, 02:16:38 pm »
Jota and Mane has been scoring when put there as false 9 but my preference is still Firmino. No one does the business like him with a combination of goal threat and one touch passes.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14258 on: May 19, 2022, 02:30:50 pm »
Huge to have him as an option in Paris

The 5 subs are such a big deal.

Offline Wild Romany Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14259 on: May 19, 2022, 02:33:18 pm »
Hah, I heard that too. He wanted to give him MotM after 38 minutes.

It was perhaps a bit over the top, but it's nice to see Bobby's skills recognised for once.

I'll miss them when he does leave. He's pure joy.

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14260 on: June 12, 2022, 06:44:30 am »
Lots of drama with Mane and Salah. but not much noise around our Bobby. Is he going to sign up? hope so because he is pure class and he loves it here. I feel he gets games this season, not only because he is quality and unique, but because he gets his head down and grafts and can win his place. Sign up Bobby.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2022, 06:55:15 am by red1977 »

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14261 on: June 12, 2022, 06:48:00 am »
Given how little he played last season (990 minutes in the PL and 325 in the CL) and given how injury prone he seems to be getting as he moves into his 30s I'm not sure why we'd give him a new contract at the minute. Plus in Jota and now Nunez we've got 2 players ahead of him in the pecking order and he isn't going to get minutes playing from the left/right unlike those 2.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14262 on: June 12, 2022, 06:49:17 am »
Lots of drama with Mane and Salah. but not much noise around our Bobby. Is he going to sign up? hope so because he is pure class and he loves it here. I feel he gets games this season, not only because he is quality and unique, but because he gets his head down and grafts and wins his place. sign up Bobby.
He only logical contract to keep him around would just be like a 1 year rolling type contract, to be the very leader type around and a role player. If he wants to do that would be good.

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14263 on: June 12, 2022, 07:00:13 am »
He looked brilliant at times towards the end of last season, if he wants to leave it's a different convo, but if he wants to stay, it would be stupid to do anything other than sign him up. I cant think of any opponent in world football where Bobby in the false 9 doesn't ribbon them. I would be surprised if he doesn't extend.

Offline M4tt

• Anny Roader
« Reply #14264 on: June 12, 2022, 09:08:17 am »
I thought he looked goosed for months then picked up his injury which gave him a rest. He seemed the sharpest he'd been in a long while in the few appearances he made at the end of the season

Still think he should have started in Paris instead of Diaz

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14265 on: June 12, 2022, 10:43:15 am »
Give him a new deal

Exceptional player

Offline redintweed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #14266 on: June 12, 2022, 10:59:21 am »
He still has a big part to play for this club. Personally, I'd be giving him another contract. I know he is starting to pick up a few niggles, but as the old saying goes - Form is temporary, Class is Permeant. And Bobby has class in spades. I get the feeling he wasn't always 100% fit last season. At peak fitness, he is still a class act. If Nunez comes in and Mane goes to Munich, Bobby will still be required if Nunez doesn't hit the ground running and with the amount of games we could play, rotation will be a must. Plus he offers things that neither Nunez or Jota do. His ability to drop deeper into midfield and link play with the other forwards is something that is unique.

I still rate Bobby so highly and by the sounds of what he has been saying, he wants to stay. He has a few fellow Brazilians to socialize with and he knows the club, the area and still has the best song!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2022, 11:48:15 am by redintweed »
I'd rather play for Liverpool Reserves than Everton.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14267 on: June 12, 2022, 11:35:58 am »
Given how little he played last season (990 minutes in the PL and 325 in the CL) and given how injury prone he seems to be getting as he moves into his 30s I'm not sure why we'd give him a new contract at the minute. Plus in Jota and now Nunez we've got 2 players ahead of him in the pecking order and he isn't going to get minutes playing from the left/right unlike those 2.

Is that true? He was on and off with injuries last season but prior to that, I don't recall him being particularly injury prone. Who knows if the type of injuries he was out with last season will continue going forward but I wouldn't say he's now particularly injury prone, just because of the last 12 months. The other thing is that if he's not here next season, we'd need to replace him anyway. He obviously didn't play as much last season as he has done in the past but when he did, he showed how useful he was - in particular, he was excellent at Old Trafford and looked really good in Paris a couple of weeks ago. Personally, it makes absolute sense to keep him here beyond next season, if he's happy enough to stay.

Give him a new deal

Exceptional player

Also this.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14268 on: June 12, 2022, 11:45:05 am »
Think he'll benefit from not playing much for us these past few months and falling out of the Brazil squad. Probably he's first proper summer break in a few years. If he has an injury free pre-season it wouldn't surprise me if he starts the first game of the season.

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14269 on: June 12, 2022, 11:47:16 am »
Think he still has an important part to play. I don't think we'd give him another long-term contract, but if he was happy to sign a one or two year extension I think we'd be happy to keep him. And I'd be happy to see him stay beyond next season.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14270 on: June 12, 2022, 12:02:39 pm »
Injuries have limited the impact he’s been able to have. He actually started least season very well but faded somewhat after a couple of knocks. I’d love it if he’s able to find a bit more form this upcoming season.

He clearly just loves being here. He will likely leave for free at the end of his contract, but I sure hope he gets a decent goodbye and ends with a trophy win.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #14271 on: June 12, 2022, 01:06:27 pm »
Think he likely sees out his contract with us and then moves to a less frenetic league.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14272 on: June 12, 2022, 01:17:53 pm »
maybe a small extension? 2 years? let him help in the midfield too?

Offline TAA66

• Kopite
  • Nobody grows up wanting to be a Gary Neville
« Reply #14273 on: June 12, 2022, 01:48:18 pm »
maybe a small extension? 2 years? let him help in the midfield too?

If he accepts a 2 year extension, that would work for us.  Allows Carvallho to bed in too, and take his minutes going forwards. 

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #14274 on: June 12, 2022, 04:12:57 pm »
small extension to Bobby's contract and his hair...sorted.
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #14275 on: June 12, 2022, 04:42:59 pm »
He said recently that he's happy here and would happily stay longer, so he won't be looking to leave.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #14276 on: June 12, 2022, 08:01:19 pm »
Klopp has always said he’s world class in training every day…

For that reason, if he took a pay cut, I suspect he might stay.  Otherwise not.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14277 on: June 12, 2022, 08:10:15 pm »
Klopp has always said he’s world class in training every day…

For that reason, if he took a pay cut, I suspect he might stay.  Otherwise not.

Think if the rumours are true that we are moving to a 4-2-3-1, can see him being trialled by Klopp back at the 10 position to see if he works out there. He did play as a 10 back in Hoffenheim, can see a lot of advantages for him in that role.

Think he still has a future here yet. But I can’t see him being sold this summer in any case.

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14278 on: June 12, 2022, 08:37:20 pm »
Bobby’s the type of player and person who you wouldn’t mind letting his contract run right down before making a decision that’s best for all parties, a bit like Milner. Can see Bobby signing a year extension near the end of next season or even getting 2 years.

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #14279 on: June 13, 2022, 03:11:47 pm »
2 goals away from 100 for the Club.

Great servant. Proper Legend.

Bobby deserves to retire in the Liverpool jersey. Let him stay for as long as he wants.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.