Author Topic: Shanklyboy's and Fat Scousers ( Leo who's still alive ) auld arse thread  (Read 3990684 times)

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
Re: For all the arl arses.
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2008, 11:03:39 am »
Just home from Tottingham. Hanging worse than John Holmes. Thanks for the mention kesey, but I think you'll find most people on here think I'm an auld scally of the worst type. fair enough. I'm an auld one now.
Funny reading comments about the old days, most are about fighting and most of us auld c*nts couldn't fight sleep now.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2008, 11:06:00 am »
Oh and as for passing for lean in thinning stripes, the mods must have been thinking of one of those red and white stripped tents that the old G.P.O. used to skive behind when us auld arses were young.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

Offline Thé_Ḓárk_P̌áşşéngér

• RAWK Revolutionary.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Guns don't kill people, chimps do!
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2008, 11:06:37 am »
Talking of the specials does anyone remember Jaffa - young black lad, in the days when it was rare to see a black face on the Kop, with a big orange mop of hair? Can't remember the exact game - might have been Forest away? - but can still hear a pile of fellers chanting "Jaffa is our leader" on the train on the way home.

I remember Jaffa. Seem to remember someone telling me he's got a stall outside Bootle Strand. :)
“Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass. It is terribly simple.”

Online kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2008, 02:55:08 pm »

Thanks for the mention kesey, but I think you'll find most people on here think I'm an auld scally of the worst type. fair enough. I'm an auld one now.

No problem Oh fat one.

I bet it was a scream in the late 70's + early '80s. I got the best out of the Mid - Late 80's as a young urchin at the aways but I feel that I missed the real fun.  Was having a discussion with a few mates recently about if you could go back in time where you would go back to. All of me mates went back centuries for all kind of reasons. My choice was being 16 years of age in '78 and getting it all from the start. You may think it's a mad a peace loving fella like me saying that but have a guess what?

Iam a bit bonkers fella.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline leccyred

• Kopite
  • Luis Garcia - a Red through and through
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2008, 03:37:24 pm »
Thanks for the pointer to the thread about Jaffa. Brought back a lot of memories and brilliant to see a picture of the feller to see that he's still around.

Offline Kwaideng

• Hamshank Redemption
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2008, 03:50:05 pm »
Less of the young grandad. I first went to Anfield 31 years ago.
Less of the grandad there ....you narky arsed prankster.
The clique is just a click away.
And they are being watched too, but don't know it.

Offline plums

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2008, 04:22:59 pm »
I think this  would be back in the 70's, at  the away games, there used to be this bloke (scouser), who would usually be in the pub nearest the ground and he played darts using six inch chrome plated flightlesss nails, he would lose the first couple of games and then  when the locals put  their money down would take them to the cleaners, I saw him at quite a few away games does anyone else remember him, or is he still out there.

Online kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2008, 04:55:42 pm »

Less of the grandad there ....you narky arsed prankster.

Ha ha.

Iam liking the names of all you arl arses by the way. Yours and plums always give me a giggle.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline gerrardspetal

• Rabid psycho nut harvester with no idea - but she did have some points
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • miaaaaaaaaaaow
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2008, 05:03:13 pm »
Fine wine kel. Fine wine  ;)

yummy :lickin   
“You could say it’s not about being local, but about being vocal.
Kristian is a idiot.  A bad idiot.  Also a virgin.

@gerrardspetal - twitter

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2008, 05:21:41 pm »
No problem Oh fat one.

I bet it was a scream in the late 70's + early '80s. I got the best out of the Mid - Late 80's as a young urchin at the aways but I feel that I missed the real fun.  Was having a discussion with a few mates recently about if you could go back in time where you would go back to. All of me mates went back centuries for all kind of reasons. My choice was being 16 years of age in '78 and getting it all from the start. You may think it's a mad a peace loving fella like me saying that but have a guess what?

Iam a bit bonkers fella.
Getting legged by the baying mob, was, in my view, always somewhat over-rated.
But the sports of snatching touts readies and tickets, bunking trains, planes and automobiles, and rushing shops and stadium gates, well...
Oh, oh, best keep schtum. I can already here the bollackings and slagging starting.

Online kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2008, 05:39:06 pm »

Getting legged by the baying mob, was, in my view, always somewhat over-rated.
But the sports of snatching touts readies and tickets, bunking trains, planes and automobiles, and rushing shops and stadium gates, well...
Oh, oh, best keep schtum. I can already here the bollackings and slagging starting.

I have been legged at a few grounds fella in the late 80's. Spurs ( surprise, surprise ) in '87 I think being one and your are right it's not all that. I have also done my fair share of bunking in and having shops off. I also take great delight in dancing on touts head oustide Wembley in '89. But I guess the whole era interests me. Not just the footie but the music, the fashion and of course I would have taken great pleasure in partaking in the riots of '81.

Oh well I gues I caught the tale end of it so should be grateful for that.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline leccyred

• Kopite
  • Luis Garcia - a Red through and through
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2008, 06:02:27 pm »
What about getting legged by a (small) baying mob of your own fans down Shiel Road about 1975 because the soft sod that you were with wore a pair of claret and blue tartan kecks to a home game against West Ham and had an OOT accent? Happy days!

Offline Kwaideng

• Hamshank Redemption
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2008, 06:56:34 pm »
I have been legged at a few grounds fella in the late 80's. Spurs ( surprise, surprise ) in '87 I think being one and your are right it's not all that. I have also done my fair share of bunking in and having shops off. I also take great delight in dancing on touts head oustide Wembley in '89. But I guess the whole era interests me. Not just the footie but the music, the fashion and of course I would have taken great pleasure in partaking in the riots of '81.

Oh well I gues I caught the tale end of it so should be grateful for that.
I am with Fat Scouser with regards to baying crowds chasing you..I would rather have been earning a few bob and/or having a laugh. I can remember in the seventies being at Turf Moor where Burnley were playing Leeds in a big First Division match. I had tickets off a mate from Old Swan who was playing for Burnley at the time. After the match I was strolling round to the players entrance to meet my mates and a couple of the players to go for a pint...it was like that in them days. As I turned a corner I was confronted by a screaming mob of Leeds loons chasing the Burnley lads...it was no good telling them I was a scouser as I would have got well bladdered so I grabbed some arl woman and told her she would be OK with me hiding behind a parked car... as the gobshites shot past the old bird said thanks but I was in her debt that day for sure.

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2008, 06:59:24 pm »
I mugged a tout on Wembley way at the '86 Cup Final and handed his tickets around to loads of lads.
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline Guaranga

• not happy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2008, 07:08:28 pm »
I am with Fat Scouser with regards to baying crowds chasing you..I would rather have been earning a few bob and/or having a laugh. I can remember in the seventies being at Turf Moor where Burnley were playing Leeds in a big First Division match. I had tickets off a mate from Old Swan who was playing for Burnley at the time. After the match I was strolling round to the players entrance to meet my mates and a couple of the players to go for a pint...it was like that in them days. As I turned a corner I was confronted by a screaming mob of Leeds loons chasing the Burnley lads...it was no good telling them I was a scouser as I would have got well bladdered so I grabbed some arl woman and told her she would be OK with me hiding behind a parked car... as the gobshites shot past the old bird said thanks but I was in her debt that day for sure.

Was it Billy who give you the tickets?

Offline 81a

• From Speke to Bootle via Broad Green. All aboard!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2008, 07:09:40 pm »
What a violent bunch.

Trivia time - What ex Liverpool players relative got stabbed in the Kop in the 70's?

It was all over the papers the next day so someone must remember.

Online kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2008, 07:11:28 pm »

Maybe Iam just fantasising mate. Iam sure if I did ever get collared at a match and got well and truly twatted my veiws would change. However, the times Ive been legged Spurs, Southampton and Oxford ( yes Oxford )  I ve never been collared.  This young rag arse was way too fast.

I mugged a tout on Wembley way at the '86 Cup Final and handed his tickets around to loads of lads.

Ive seen a few get twatted outside Wembley. Is right is what I say. 

However I saw one get chinned in Taksim Sq. I felt really sorry for him for some reaosn. Maybe because he wasn't a cockney or maybe my empathy in my old age ( not yet an aarl arse though ) or whatever. But I genuinley felt for him.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Thé_Ḓárk_P̌áşşéngér

• RAWK Revolutionary.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Guns don't kill people, chimps do!
« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2008, 07:12:03 pm »
Hope it's OK to post the link but I absolutely love this thread:

http://forum.raotl.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=36066
“Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass. It is terribly simple.”

Offline Kwaideng

• Hamshank Redemption
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2008, 07:18:11 pm »
Was it Billy who give you the tickets?
Yes ....The Rod

Offline Guaranga

• not happy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2008, 07:20:31 pm »
Yes ....The Rod

I had a bevvy
Yes ....The Rod
[/quote

I had a bevvy with him last Friday.Still a sound lad.

Offline d-smyth

• Kopite
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2008, 07:23:56 pm »
Anyone see the two fellas climbing the side of Wembley to get into the Wimbledon game by any chance?

Offline Kwaideng

• Hamshank Redemption
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2008, 07:24:42 pm »
I had a bevvy
Yes ....The Rod
[/quote

I had a bevvy with him last Friday.Still a sound lad.
Haven't seen him for donkeys years but was always a gent and a  nice fella. Last I heard he was manager of Runcorn... a few years back.

Offline Guaranga

• not happy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2008, 07:30:42 pm »
Haven't seen him for donkeys years but was always a gent and a  nice fella. Last I heard he was manager of Runcorn... a few years back.

You can tell about arl arses we can't work the forum properly.He's having a go at the scaffolding now.As you say a real gent and an excellent footballer.We used to play in the summers in the Swan with him and his mates.It makes you realise how shit you are when you're playing against someone who can really play.Couldn't even catch him to kick him.  Which was probaly a good job ;)

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2008, 07:37:35 pm »
The fighting melarkey was okay if it was 2 gangs of lads both up for it. But in reality it was usually ordinary people getting terrorised out shopping on a Saturday, and some poor innocent fella collared by a load of shithouses and getting well and truly battered.
Can't be arsed going on about it, but I know, believe me I learnt the hard way.

As for touts I got a cracker at the final in Paris. Believe it or not, old fatty was like a gazzelle back then.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2008, 07:41:58 pm »
I hate dropping names, but a lad I know was the burnley centre half not so long back. We had a charity day for some lad who'd had a bad time, at our local.
We had a five a side tournament in the car park, and the lad who played for Burnley turned up with a team of all old ex-internationals. Great laugh. And I got to kick that fella off the Chicken Tonight adverts.

Offline Kwaideng

• Hamshank Redemption
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2008, 07:42:16 pm »

You can tell about arl arses we can't work the forum properly.He's having a go at the scaffolding now.As you say a real gent and an excellent footballer.We used to play in the summers in the Swan with him and his mates.It makes you realise how shit you are when you're playing against someone who can really play.Couldn't even catch him to kick him.  Which was probaly a good job ;)
Thanks for that mate...nice to hear. Although he was a mostly centre back I think he was a striker when he played for England schoolboys. I remember one day watching him play at Anfield for Burnley reseves against Liverpool reserves and then walking over to Goodison with him and his brother and some of the lads to watch Everton. It was strange because the week before he had been in the first team playing against Everton at Goodison and yet there he was shouting the odds at the match with us. Wouldn't happen today Anyway sorry for hogging the forum lads.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2008, 07:46:06 pm »
Hog it all you like mate. It's far better than the usual Hicks' is a c*nt that you see in here.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2008, 07:49:07 pm »
Anyone see the two fellas climbing the side of Wembley to get into the Wimbledon game by any chance?
Saw lads doing that a few times through them little slitty windows. I used to love Wembley in them days. We even got into the celebrity bar one year and had a bevvie with Jack Charlton. Like Old Scrote said, wouldn't happen these days.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: May 12, 2008, 07:50:01 pm »
Oh well, looks like all the auld arses are watching Corrie or havving a nap. See you later.

Offline d-smyth

• Kopite
« Reply #69 on: May 12, 2008, 07:57:00 pm »
Saw lads doing that a few times through them little slitty windows. I used to love Wembley in them days. We even got into the celebrity bar one year and had a bevvie with Jack Charlton. Like Old Scrote said, wouldn't happen these days.

Weren't me like, was me dad. Said he climbed over the metal thing that stuck out at the top and nearly fell.

Offline cornish exile

• Kopite
« Reply #70 on: May 12, 2008, 10:39:34 pm »
Hope it's OK to post the link but I absolutely love this thread:

http://forum.raotl.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=36066

i ve just got to page 13 on that thread. ill finish off the other pages tomorrow.
great reading and great memories. when i used to travel on the footie specials either on my own or with my cousin. i/we used to get chatting to the scallies and used to stick with them all to and from the station. safety in numbers etc. seems some of them now post on raotl.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion" – -- Unknown

Offline plums

• Kemlynite
« Reply #71 on: May 13, 2008, 02:47:04 am »
Back in was it 1962, or 1963, the year of the big freeze, we were drawn to play wrexham in  the FA cup away, but it was called off, then there  was a thaw but the day of the match it  was freezing again, and the steps up to the ground were a sheet of ice, so everyone was climbing up the snow covered hill alongside the steps, it  was quite steep and then one person near the top slipped over and the whole hill turned into a landslide of people going down in a domino effect, but the most incredible thing that night was the singing of the welsh, even tho' they were scattered all over, you would have thought it was a conducted choir, it brought tears to my eyes, they were singing 'bread of heaven, anyway we won ' 

Offline inky2

• Legacy Fan
  • RED FOREVER
« Reply #72 on: May 13, 2008, 06:40:20 am »
The starting point of many adventures....................

[img[/img]
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 07:43:24 pm by inky2 »
TRACUTHB  *****

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: May 13, 2008, 09:22:36 am »
Back in was it 1962, or 1963, the year of the big freeze, we were drawn to play wrexham in  the FA cup away, but it was called off, then there  was a thaw but the day of the match it  was freezing again, and the steps up to the ground were a sheet of ice, so everyone was climbing up the snow covered hill alongside the steps, it  was quite steep and then one person near the top slipped over and the whole hill turned into a landslide of people going down in a domino effect, but the most incredible thing that night was the singing of the welsh, even tho' they were scattered all over, you would have thought it was a conducted choir, it brought tears to my eyes, they were singing 'bread of heaven, anyway we won ' 
Nice one Plums. I'd have loved to have seen that. But I'm one of the younger auld arses, 51, started going in 1965. I know a few real old boys, cheeky auld fuckers call me a nipper and tell me stories about the real old days when Mehuzalla played up front.
And one thing about the Welsh, they can knock out a tune. In the Seventies I ended up at one of their rugby games in Paris. I know what you mean about tears to your eyes. And the French weren't bad either with the Marsellies (Don't know if that's spelt right). But they don't half belt it out. Makes me sad to see YNWA turned into a race to the finish.

Online kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: May 13, 2008, 09:27:27 am »
The starting point of many adventures....................

Home James?

Me parents met by going the match with them back in 65/66.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline todda

• Who the fuck you trying to kid....
  • Legacy Fan
  • My Team, My Club, MY Life!
« Reply #75 on: May 13, 2008, 09:35:52 am »
Yes agree with you.....probably pretty boring before '86 and that. I am 58 now but I can remember going the match in decent trabs and a tasty winter coat to keep warm. No daft hats and all that but a decent block of charash to keep ya focussed on the beautiful game.
Old twats eh? so boring! 

I'm a bit young 34 (35 soon!!) but, can certinly remember the good 'ol daze getting a nice block of Charas, Uhm Lovely smell, hard to come by now, but just been back in time having spent 3 days in A'dam last weekend!!
"Friend 1st, Boss 2nd,......... Enteratiner 3rd!,  If I was asked to name 3 intellegent people, I wouldn't say Einstein, Newton..... erm you know, I'd Say Cleese, Milligan, Everett................ Sessions!" David Brent.

Offline NickoH

• Has to fart in private to avoid offending the posh guys and gals in the Marketing Dept
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speak softly love so no one hears us but the sky
« Reply #76 on: May 13, 2008, 09:45:25 am »
1985 FA Cup Semi-Final v Man U at Goodison Park.

World War III
I clutch the wire fence until my fingers bleed,
A wound that will not heal, a heart that cannot feel.
Hoping that the horror will recede,
Hoping that tomorrow we'll all be freed.........JUSTICE.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #77 on: May 13, 2008, 09:47:26 am »
1985 FA Cup Semi-Final v Man U at Goodison Park.

World War III

It was even worse at the replay at Maine Road - well it was for me anyway
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: May 13, 2008, 09:54:16 am »
It was even worse at the replay at Maine Road - well it was for me anyway
Both games were heavy as fuck. But I think getting away from Maine Rd in the dark was the most frightening.
Funny one from that game though....
At the gate were I was going in there was only a line of bizzies and some of them temporary road barrier/raling things seperating us and the Mancs.
You can imagine the stick getting hurled across the divide. Some auld fella, had to be sixty odd then, started talking to some young Manc. Going on about it only being a game of football, why should we hate one another and all that.
The young Manc stopped shouting, leaned towrds the auld fella to chat. The old boy caught him right on the chin with one beaut of an upper cut, dropped the Manc right on he's arse. Fucking chaos broke out.
Frightening times but funny as fuck.

Offline inky2

• Legacy Fan
  • RED FOREVER
« Reply #79 on: May 13, 2008, 02:31:04 pm »
Home James?

Me parents met by going the match with them back in 65/66.

home james indeed. 7/6d to sheffield and back !!

i probably met your folks, fuck, i must be old !!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 02:44:48 pm by inky2 »
TRACUTHB  *****