Author Topic: Andy Robertson (Andrew Henry Robertson MBE)  (Read 779551 times)

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Just Fucking Robertson...
« Reply #2560 on: January 12, 2019, 09:14:25 pm »
He's stupidly good, mad thinking that our defence was our weakest point in the team for such a long time and all of a sudden we have the best defence in the league by an absolute mile

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2561 on: January 12, 2019, 09:17:21 pm »
He's the best defender in the world, closely followed by Virgil.

Offline simesy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2562 on: January 12, 2019, 09:35:18 pm »
I just hope he can keep the level hes at and his fitness without getting burnt out before the season ends. He does cover an incredible amound of ground. When you look at all the qualities needed for a modern fullback you dont need to look at any other player as an example when robbo has it all.
When you're in the penalty area & dont know what to do with the ball, stick it in the net & we'll discuss the options later"  Bob Paisley

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2563 on: January 12, 2019, 09:39:34 pm »
Still can't believe that he came from Hull. You'd think we've bought him from a top European club, absolute class.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #2564 on: January 12, 2019, 09:41:00 pm »
Still can't believe that he came from Hull. You'd think we've bought him from a top European club, absolute class.
Royhendo spotted him when playing for Dundee.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Online mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2565 on: January 12, 2019, 09:46:14 pm »
This lad is in serious danger of putting Scotland on the football map again. Despite being a small nation they have produced some of the world’s greatest players over the last 100 years. But, let’s be honest, not for some while.....

But here is Robbo. Some effing footballer. I love him.

Terrifying thing is, as a Scot, it could so easily have been curtains for Robbo before his career even started. Worrying that he was released from Celtic as a lad for being ‘too small’. If that’s the criteria for players, then it’s no wonder the Scottish game has been in the dark ages for so long.

Robbo is the exception to Scottish football - just through sheer drive and determination is he where he is today. Sadly, he won’t be the rule. Spare a thought for the many other similarly talented lads who were dropped by the wayside due to Scottish coaches pathetic and neanderthal ways.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2566 on: January 12, 2019, 09:51:51 pm »
Andy no one wants to be a fullback Robertson, working class hero

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #2567 on: January 13, 2019, 12:38:31 am »
He seems to go to the doctor at the same car mechanic that Milly does, usually for an oil change.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Bird Bird Bird The Bird Is The Word

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brace for Impact
« Reply #2568 on: January 13, 2019, 02:16:00 am »
He was fantastic in Bandersnatch. Hopefully add an Oscar to the league medal.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #2569 on: January 13, 2019, 02:22:08 am »
Robertson just seems to get better as the game grows on for me. Maybe it's because his opposite man just stops giving a fuck about trying to deal with him  ;D

In the 2nd half today he was fantastic, it reminded me of the Fulham game (I think) at home towards the end of last year. Just got better and better to add to my above point. He's done it in plenty of matches to be fair.

I think he's been the best fullback in world football since the start of 2018, probably beginning around that Everton match in the cup. What's mad is he'd probably not even played 10 matches. He is a monster of a footballer and is completely unique compared to any full backs I've ever seen here, and we've had some great ones.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2570 on: January 13, 2019, 02:24:39 am »
Robertson just seems to get better as the game grows on for me. Maybe it's because his opposite man just stops giving a fuck about trying to deal with him  ;D

In the 2nd half today he was fantastic, it reminded me of the Fulham game (I think) at home towards the end of last year. Just got better and better to add to my above point. He's done it in plenty of matches to be fair.

Massively massively nitpicking, cos I agree with your sentiment, but he did allow the cross in that formed their best chance of the match (Fabinho blocked the shot brilliantly) in the second half. Not saying he wasn't very good today though

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2571 on: January 13, 2019, 03:01:29 am »
Still mad how often nobody gets on the end of his boss crosses.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2572 on: January 13, 2019, 07:03:51 am »
Royhendo spotted him when playing for Dundee.

United. 😐

Great to see him doing so well at Everton. 🙃
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 07:43:24 am by royhendo »
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2573 on: January 13, 2019, 07:09:41 am »
I love him.

Marvellous to see that - it’s reserved for only the finest. 🙂

I really think goals will come soon too. They did before!
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2574 on: January 13, 2019, 07:38:10 am »
Surprised why he isn't being mentioned in the running for POTY?
Surely it's between VVD and Robbo.. nobody comes close so far.. even through my red tinted glasses..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2575 on: January 13, 2019, 07:53:13 am »
Best left back in my life time for lfc and ive been watching since 92. Do some of the older posters reckon he'd get into an all time liverpool team? Maybe I am over rating Robertson but I can't remember many better former premier league left backs

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2576 on: January 13, 2019, 08:35:44 am »
Stevie Nicol played there from time to time and he wasn’t bad...

Offline Paul1611

• Kopite
« Reply #2577 on: January 13, 2019, 09:23:01 am »
Alan Kennedy with 2 European cup winning goals might be ahead, for now ;)

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #2578 on: January 13, 2019, 10:20:19 am »
Marvellous to see that - it’s reserved for only the finest. 🙂

I really think goals will come soon too. They did before!

Hope so Roy. He gets into some terrific positions and is a very clean striker of the ball. If he can add goals to his game we can start talking about him as a Stevie Nicol or Chris Lawler.

But aside from that, it's the quickness with which he makes decisions now. That little dinked header infield in the first half was superb. It simply opened the pitch for his team.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #2579 on: January 13, 2019, 11:36:55 am »
I'm out of superlatives for that guy. He's such a good, smart player. Take a look how much he contributes to our build up play and then watch other left backs and you realise what a player he is.

I would bet good money that the vast majority of left backs, if they found themselves in tough positions Robbo finds himself (due to the other teams pressing/closing down) they would lose possession right away. But Andy's sharp and smart passing relieves pressure and offers us possibilities for a counter attack for example.

Best left back in the league.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #2580 on: January 13, 2019, 12:19:48 pm »
Stevie Nicol played there from time to time and he wasn’t bad...

Is right. I hope, however, that when Robbo finally hangs up his boots, he has even more winner’s medals.

(I also hope Robbo doesn’t slightly tarnish his reputation by talking shite for a living).
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Wullie160975

• Oor Wullie! Your Wullie! A'body's Wullie!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2581 on: January 13, 2019, 01:03:30 pm »
Terrifying thing is, as a Scot, it could so easily have been curtains for Robbo before his career even started. Worrying that he was released from Celtic as a lad for being ‘too small’. If that’s the criteria for players, then it’s no wonder the Scottish game has been in the dark ages for so long.

Robbo is the exception to Scottish football - just through sheer drive and determination is he where he is today. Sadly, he won’t be the rule. Spare a thought for the many other similarly talented lads who were dropped by the wayside due to Scottish coaches pathetic and neanderthal ways.

Interestingly, in the interview he did with Si Ferry (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFuc2CuCZUc) he was a CM at Celtic and released as that. Just before he left Celtic, he filled in as a LB as they were short and that's what Queen's Park brought him in as.

Fine margins and all, but if Celtic hadn't been short that day he may not have gone to Queen's Park in the first place.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #2582 on: January 13, 2019, 01:51:13 pm »
I go right back to Ronnie Moran's later years and his replacement Gerry 'Byrne 'Crunch, Crunch' was a superb left back defensively and offensively when needed so he became the first in a line of left back heroes for all of us. But while it is still relatively early days, I've got to say Robbo in my opinion is the finest I've ever seen up and down that left flank and for that matter all over the fucking show. I don't think I've watched a game where he's been less than 8 or 9 out of 10 and some of his defensive and attacking play to earn those sort of marks is I think beyond the level of the very best we've had in that position. Trigger, barney and JAR may have given us some stupendous moments that won us trophies but in relentless game on game excellence Robbo is outshining them all for me.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #2583 on: January 13, 2019, 03:26:39 pm »
I go right back to Ronnie Moran's later years and his replacement Gerry 'Byrne 'Crunch, Crunch' was a superb left back defensively and offensively when needed so he became the first in a line of left back heroes for all of us. But while it is still relatively early days, I've got to say Robbo in my opinion is the finest I've ever seen up and down that left flank and for that matter all over the fucking show. I don't think I've watched a game where he's been less than 8 or 9 out of 10 and some of his defensive and attacking play to earn those sort of marks is I think beyond the level of the very best we've had in that position. Trigger, barney and JAR may have given us some stupendous moments that won us trophies but in relentless game on game excellence Robbo is outshining them all for me.

I'll bet me bottom dollar though Timbo, that you've never chanted more loudly for another Liverpool left-back - or indeed any Liverpool player - than you once did Joey Jones.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #2584 on: January 13, 2019, 03:33:18 pm »
Just can't wrap my head around him - never seen anything like it.

The athleticism, the desire, hunger to win, decision making, technique, reading of the game...it's all on a level and in a package you rarely see, if ever.
JFT97

Offline stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2585 on: January 13, 2019, 04:00:30 pm »
Andy no one wants to be a fullback Robertson, working class hero

...is something to be. And by god he is.

Offline stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2586 on: January 13, 2019, 04:04:33 pm »
Alan Kennedy with 2 European cup winning goals might be ahead, for now ;)

Would only be Benny (Barney-head’s gone), mind. Oh, hang on, JAR.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 04:07:34 pm by stjohns »

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #2587 on: January 13, 2019, 04:33:53 pm »
I'm never sure if the title of this thread is a statement or a status update.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #2588 on: January 13, 2019, 05:21:14 pm »
I absolutely fucking love this lad i reallly do.   If you would have told me after his first  few months at the club that in 12 months time he would be not only one of the  1st names on  the team sheet but one of our most important players then I would never have believed it.   His progression has been nothing short of sensational,  credit  to himself and the manager for polishing this diamond of a player.  His technique, speed of thought and movement plus his execution is incredible and undoubtedly up there with as the best LB/LWB in europe.
Take a bow Robbo, hope you  are here for many  years to come.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2589 on: January 13, 2019, 05:24:56 pm »
At best, he’s the second best LB in the league this season after Digne. So say Jamie Carragher.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2590 on: January 14, 2019, 10:25:33 am »
At best, he’s the second best LB in the league this season after Digne. So say Jamie Carragher.
What? When did he say that?

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2591 on: January 14, 2019, 10:32:09 am »

He Digne say that at all.  ::)
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2592 on: January 14, 2019, 11:14:50 am »
He's no Joey Jones
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Flaccid Bobby Fowler

• Supports the No To Racism campaign. Good lad.
  • Legacy Fan
  • *****In Istanbul, we won it 5 times*****
« Reply #2593 on: January 14, 2019, 11:17:05 am »
As a fucking leader of men, he would make an ample VC - what a player. Loved that needle he showed over the throw in at the end.

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #2594 on: January 14, 2019, 12:13:45 pm »
Even Mourinho praised him. Top player.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #2595 on: January 16, 2019, 08:36:41 am »
I'll bet me bottom dollar though Timbo, that you've never chanted more loudly for another Liverpool left-back - or indeed any Liverpool player - than you once did Joey Jones.

Ha ha - Sorry mate but you just lost your last dollar.

My Gerry Byrne crunch crunch vocals were recorded at 20 million decibels. Joey Jones at only 19 million - even that time when he clenched both fists to the Kop!

;D

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2596 on: January 16, 2019, 01:39:02 pm »

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #2597 on: January 16, 2019, 09:16:55 pm »
When he start to chalk up some goals, he will be one hell of a player, not that he isn't already.

Let's say if he could become another goal threat to produce 5-6 goals a season, that would be real handy. We could potentially be talking about a front 4.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #2598 on: January 16, 2019, 09:48:51 pm »
When he start to chalk up some goals, he will be one hell of a player, not that he isn't already.

Let's say if he could become another goal threat to produce 5-6 goals a season, that would be real handy. We could potentially be talking about a front 4.

It would be outstanding!
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2599 on: January 17, 2019, 05:04:10 pm »
Signing a new 5 year deal according to Joyce.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/andrew-robertson-set-to-sign-new-five-year-liverpool-contract-sfbgxj6ss

Behind a subscription wall if someone can post it
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 05:09:40 pm by Jm55 »