Author Topic: Shanklyboy's and Fat Scousers ( Leo who's still alive ) auld arse thread  (Read 3990651 times)

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
Re: Shanklyboy's auld arse thread - Over 1000 Pages of Wisdom For Young Uns!
« Reply #42520 on: June 18, 2019, 09:17:49 am »
Invigilator - ooeerr at first take sounds a bit menacing Geoff lad. Terminator-esque-ish?  ;D ;D ;D
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline Willi

• ave a sensa yuma? It appears e will :) Needs an 'h' in 'Cef', clearly! Appy retirement, fella :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #42521 on: June 19, 2019, 10:17:55 pm »
Fucking bank holiday tomorrow which means there's millions of people wandering around when they should be safely locked up in work. Then after a Thursday bank holiday half of Germany takes Friday off as well for a long weekend. I'm really looking forward to Monday.
(In 26 years I never worked a Friday after a Thursday bank holiday and there's at least 2 a year. It is quite wonderful actually)

Offline kopite.keith

• Offical OAP
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42522 on: June 21, 2019, 10:15:17 am »
Fucking bank holiday tomorrow which means there's millions of people wandering around when they should be safely locked up in work. Then after a Thursday bank holiday half of Germany takes Friday off as well for a long weekend. I'm really looking forward to Monday.
(In 26 years I never worked a Friday after a Thursday bank holiday and there's at least 2 a year. It is quite wonderful actually)

Willi, just spent a few days in Germany in the neighbourhood of Bavaria and loved the place, absolutely spotless everywhere. The main reason for going was to visit Neuenstein where my maternal grandmother came from. She left there around 1900 when she was about 18 years of age as she never got on with her stepmother and she never went back, I can’t imagine what it must have been like leaving rural Germany in those days to move to Liverpool with the docks and all the industry. One of my regrets in life is that I never had the opportunity to help her visit her birthplace again, I believe she still has relatives living there. I really loved the area and can’t wait to go back again in the near future I hope.
When in Rome...

Offline kopite.keith

• Offical OAP
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42523 on: June 26, 2019, 08:39:05 pm »
Bump
When in Rome...

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #42524 on: June 28, 2019, 09:04:22 pm »
Invigilator - ooeerr at first take sounds a bit menacing Geoff lad. Terminator-esque-ish?  ;D ;D ;D

more like 'Dirty Harry' Johnno give them the exam paper with the message 'Do you feel Lucky Punk?'

A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Willi

• ave a sensa yuma? It appears e will :) Needs an 'h' in 'Cef', clearly! Appy retirement, fella :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #42525 on: June 30, 2019, 11:01:41 pm »
Hi kopite.keith
Only just read your post, sorry.
Living in the south, that is Bayern or Baden-Württemberg is great but maybe different from other areas of Germany. I live in Altenstadt on the border between the 2. I don't know Neuenstein but there are plenty of small towns of a similar size. My feeling regarding Britain (apart from Brexit) is that it's just too hectic. Here it's a relaxed way of life in an area of full employment, hard working people getting their reward for their endeavours.
As you say, leaving in 1900 was a big thing, certainly more than me moving in1992. But respect.

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #42526 on: July 1, 2019, 07:09:39 pm »
Hi kopite.keith
Only just read your post, sorry.
Living in the south, that is Bayern or Baden-Württemberg is great but maybe different from other areas of Germany. I live in Altenstadt on the border between the 2. I don't know Neuenstein but there are plenty of small towns of a similar size. My feeling regarding Britain (apart from Brexit) is that it's just too hectic. Here it's a relaxed way of life in an area of full employment, hard working people getting their reward for their endeavours.
As you say, leaving in 1900 was a big thing, certainly more than me moving in1992. But respect.
1992 is the year I left Germany to settle in Belgium,although it was  RAF Laarbruch,which is now Weeze airport. Can't see me ever moving back to the UK  as you say it far too hectic.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42527 on: July 12, 2019, 12:31:13 pm »
four more actual working days and I am retired , not that i am counting the days . ;D
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!

Offline Willi

• Kopite
« Reply #42528 on: July 13, 2019, 08:36:29 am »
four more actual working days and I am retired , not that i am counting the days . ;D
Of course not, you're now down to counting the hours.
It is really wonderful. It's only now I realise how stressful work was.
I'm already in the phase of 'I've no idea how I had enough time to go to work'.

Offline Willi

• Kopite
« Reply #42529 on: July 13, 2019, 08:54:22 am »
There are plenty of other things to count.
Sleeps
Breakfasts.
Number of times you have to go to work (I had the advantage of going home for lunch so I had 2 per day)
Number of times you have to go up and down the stairs at work. Count the stairs, that's a good one. Divide the stairs into sections then count each section.
Tea breaks.
Lunch breaks.
The number of times you will have to see the people you dislike most. Then on the last day think 'I'm glad I wont have to fucking see you again'
Think of new things to count.

Spend the whole week counting things, the week will fly by.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #42530 on: July 13, 2019, 07:39:32 pm »
Six for me Phil, not that I'm counting, unexpectedly getting quite emotional.

Well in both of you. Enjoy it lads

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42531 on: July 13, 2019, 08:00:22 pm »
Retirement is not all its made out to be ;)

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42532 on: July 13, 2019, 08:11:41 pm »
Retirement is not all its made out to be ;)

No it definitely isn't Tony!

Strange how often you hear of people getting a serious illness shortly after they retire.

It happened to me, I stopped work a few years early in 2015 so I could go back to Uni. But if I only didn't get a serious dose of TB somehow and had to give up after First year.  Took a lot out of me, and still have some chest issues, but just completed Year 2 of the degree with the Open Uni, so I still intend to have a few years working in the nuclear power industry once I graduate next summer.

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42533 on: July 13, 2019, 09:17:14 pm »
No it definitely isn't Tony!

Strange how often you hear of people getting a serious illness shortly after they retire.

It happened to me, I stopped work a few years early in 2015 so I could go back to Uni. But if I only didn't get a serious dose of TB somehow and had to give up after First year.  Took a lot out of me, and still have some chest issues, but just completed Year 2 of the degree with the Open Uni, so I still intend to have a few years working in the nuclear power industry once I graduate next summer.
Hope you are feeling better these days,TB is not something you hear much of these days.

I started back working last month after being home for the last 4 years on early retirement and its the best thing I've done.

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42534 on: July 13, 2019, 09:20:56 pm »
Took a lot out of me, and still have some chest issues, but just completed Year 2 of the degree with the Open Uni, so I still intend to have a few years working in the nuclear power industry once I graduate next summer.
Good luck on that as well Shaun. Would that mean you'd have to move house?

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42535 on: July 13, 2019, 10:12:58 pm »
Yes definitely Tony.

I'll see what opportunities there are, but it will mean relocating to mainland UK (perhaps Somerset or Cumbria), but it's only for a few years at most, and it is something I've always wanted... a nuclear scientist!

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42536 on: July 13, 2019, 10:29:46 pm »
Yes definitely Tony.

I'll see what opportunities there are, but it will mean relocating to mainland UK (perhaps Somerset or Cumbria), but it's only for a few years at most, and it is something I've always wanted... a nuclear scientist!
Got a couple of plants very close to me,in fact I live more or less directly midway between them,one of my neighbours works at one although not as a "scientist".

Come over here it would be great to meet up again and have a chat about the FA cup. ;)

Offline cowtownred

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42537 on: July 14, 2019, 01:04:45 am »
I'm sure it's coincidental Albie, and simply because as we get older health issues are more likely. Don't let it put you off, I enjoy the freedoms, but I hope I have a wee bit left to offer still  :wave

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #42538 on: July 14, 2019, 12:50:41 pm »
I'm sure it's coincidental Albie, and simply because as we get older health issues are more likely. Don't let it put you off, I enjoy the freedoms, but I hope I have a wee bit left to offer still  :wave
I've just got back from the Ukraine - they may have a few jobs going.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42539 on: July 17, 2019, 08:11:52 pm »
Six for me Phil, not that I'm counting, unexpectedly getting quite emotional.

I have been running a Gardening Club in school for the last three years and the students some of whom have been with me since the beginning gave me two cards they had made themselves and a bouquet of yellow roses, must admit i had some dust in my eye then.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42540 on: July 21, 2019, 05:52:41 pm »
Clocks ticking

Just got Wednesday half day to do, Students leave at 12-30, then RETIRED.

Offline kopite.keith

• Offical OAP
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42541 on: July 21, 2019, 06:19:54 pm »
Clocks ticking

Go in with the attitude of enjoying your last working hours and talking with your colleagues, I’m sure it will be emotional but a new exciting opportunity awaits, make the best of it. Good luck 👍
When in Rome...

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42542 on: July 21, 2019, 10:09:24 pm »
Clocks ticking

Good luck don't forget to take some tissues with you Mr Chips ;)

Offline kopite.keith

• Offical OAP
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42543 on: July 24, 2019, 02:43:56 pm »
Clocks ticking

Welcome to the club Geoff. Enjoy your retirement  :wellin
When in Rome...

Offline Willi

• Kopite
« Reply #42544 on: July 24, 2019, 06:01:39 pm »
Congratulations Geoff, have  a long and healthy retirement.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42545 on: July 26, 2019, 05:56:20 pm »
Go in with the attitude of enjoying your last working hours and talking with your colleagues, I’m sure it will be emotional but a new exciting opportunity awaits, make the best of it. Good luck 👍
That's exactly how the day panned out and after we all met in the pub before i had an evening cricket match to watch over the road at Trent Bridge, the speech went well i was a fair bit embarrassed by the standing ovation though, now the world is my oyster. Determined to set goals each day so as i dont vegitate watching daytime TV.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42546 on: July 31, 2019, 05:18:38 pm »
That's exactly how the day panned out and after we all met in the pub before i had an evening cricket match to watch over the road at Trent Bridge, the speech went well i was a fair bit embarrassed by the standing ovation though, now the world is my oyster. Determined to set goals each day so as i dont vegitate watching daytime TV.

I hear tell of plans for a middle-years version of Love Island Geoff. How would you pan out with that?
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42547 on: July 31, 2019, 05:54:34 pm »

A few views of release the equity in your house and over 50's funeral plans adverts and you'll be kicking the telly in.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #42548 on: August 1, 2019, 10:12:22 am »
And don't forget Billy the stick insect who was taken away from his mum and dad - come on Geoff get yer hand in yer pocket.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42549 on: August 1, 2019, 02:14:28 pm »
I hear tell of plans for a middle-years version of Love Island Geoff. How would you pan out with that?

The world is not ready for that, even though i would probably win it, 8)

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42550 on: August 1, 2019, 03:55:52 pm »
 :o :o :o :o :o :o :P

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #42551 on: August 2, 2019, 10:26:01 pm »

Funnily enough, I was talking about this truly awful Love Island thing to wifey the other day and I had what she said was a totally inappropriate and non PC suggestion for a new TV show that could plumb even greater depths, but aimed at the older man.

My pitch was that it could be called Sugar Daddy Yacht and involve an elderly man pretending to be fantastically rich, and a bevy of suitably skimpily dressed and very floozy wannabee contestants who don't realise it's all a con, sailing around the smaller Greek Islands.

It would never get made I suppose, but I suspect it would break viewing records...
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #42552 on: August 5, 2019, 06:13:50 pm »
Funnily enough, I was talking about this truly awful Love Island thing to wifey the other day and I had what she said was a totally inappropriate and non PC suggestion for a new TV show that could plumb even greater depths, but aimed at the older man.

My pitch was that it could be called Sugar Daddy Yacht and involve an elderly man pretending to be fantastically rich, and a bevy of suitably skimpily dressed and very floozy wannabee contestants who don't realise it's all a con, sailing around the smaller Greek Islands.

It would never get made I suppose, but I suspect it would break viewing records...

I am very proud of the fact that i haven't watched not one bit of it the moment I hear it s title being read out or  one one of the morons is being interviewed I switch off and I find the girls all so ugly , they all look the same facially . Then we have to suffer them some more when the cameraman shows their has back and they turn their shoulder to face the Camera think that it is truly sexy look but it might be if they didn.t fall in the pool or get run over by a beach boogie. What a twat I am , I swear to you all that I didn't watch it.

"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #42553 on: August 5, 2019, 06:30:47 pm »

Good to see you back Vic.

How are things?
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42554 on: August 5, 2019, 06:30:52 pm »

If you pitched that to ITV2 or ITVBe, it would get made.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42555 on: August 6, 2019, 06:46:34 pm »
If you pitched that to ITV2 or ITVBe, it would get made.

You just want to audition to be the sugar daddy  :-X

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42556 on: August 6, 2019, 06:56:31 pm »
You just want to audition to be the sugar daddy  :-X

Too right  ;)

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42557 on: August 11, 2019, 07:57:08 pm »
I am very proud of the fact that i haven't watched not one bit of it the moment I hear it s title being read out or  one one of the morons is being interviewed I switch off and I find the girls all so ugly , they all look the same facially . Then we have to suffer them some more when the cameraman shows their has back and they turn their shoulder to face the Camera think that it is truly sexy look but it might be if they didn.t fall in the pool or get run over by a beach boogie. What a twat I am , I swear to you all that I didn't watch it.

Thank fook there's still some semblance of decency about Vic!! These sickos are trying to legitimise shagging around and recording an broadcasting the goings on. It fooking stinks from arsehole to breakfast time,it really is the pits.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #42558 on: August 11, 2019, 08:03:12 pm »
I for one would love to read some of the stories and misadventures you guys had all those years ago.  Always love reading posts talking about the "days".

it was all fun and games until you turned a corner and got the shit kicked out of you.  i remember those days as walking away after games in fear. not altogether happy days.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42559 on: August 11, 2019, 09:00:58 pm »
it was all fun and games until you turned a corner and got the shit kicked out of you.  i remember those days as walking away after games in fear. not altogether happy days.

I remember doing a bloody good impression of Carl Lewis coming out of the then Baseball Ground and heading for the rail station and i wasnt built for speed, then or now.