Author Topic: The NHL Thread  (Read 595161 times)

Offline Eli_B (aka Badland Red)

• The resident lurking Saddler
  • Legacy Fan
    • My Mobile Blog
Walsall FC aka the red and white Saddlers. The innovators as well as the first sports team in England/UK, to sell the Chicken Balti Pie:

http://upthesaddlers.com/wp/ 

With a soft spot for the redmen of Liverpool since the League Cup Semi Final 1984. RIP to the 39 in Brussels and of course the 96.

Offline ScouserTommy37

• Steve Biko, Aung San Suu Kyi, Nelson Mandela and now ScouserTommy37. Stop the repression!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Will there ever be a Rainbow ?
Re: The NHL Thread
« Reply #41 on: October 6, 2005, 05:23:52 pm »
Anything anyone really wants putting in as a rule ?

League Name:    RAWK
League ID# is 90731.
Password:    
Draft Type:    Live Draft
Draft Time:    Thu Oct 6 10:15pm BST [ Add to My Calendar ]
Max Teams:    4
Scoring Type:    Head-to-Head
Max Moves:    No maximum
Max Trades:    No maximum
Trade Reject Time:    0
Trade End Date:    No trade deadline
Waiver Time:    2 days
Can't Cut List Provider:    Yahoo! Sports
Trade Review:    League Votes
Min Games Played:    No minimum
Weekly Deadline:    Daily - Tomorrow
Start Scoring on:    Week 2
Roster Positions:    C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, W, F, D, D, D, D, Util, G, G, BN, BN, IR
Stat Categories:    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, W, GAA, SV%, SHO
Team Name:    The Devil you know
« Last Edit: October 6, 2005, 05:29:57 pm by ScouserTommy37 »
Come on RAWK lets ave it and you can bring your fuckin dinner as well.

http://www.contrast.org/hillsborough/ <-- Read this JFT96

MICHAEL SHIELDS YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE!

"If Jamie Carragher were Italian, we'd build entire dynasties around him." Corriere della Sera

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: October 6, 2005, 06:06:27 pm »

I'm a Maple Leaf fan (C'mon the Leafs!) - is there any links about the rule changes. Plus who have Toronto have bought in or traded? I've just had a quick look at the NHL website report of the match against Ottawa and as ever it was close match. Very much looking foward to the season. Does anybody know if Channel 5 is showing match coverage of the NHL season?

Afraid I can't tell you about NHL's TV coverage in the UK but all I know is that every single Leafs game has been on TV as long as I've been a fan.

Plus, just to gloat, the Leafs have sold out every game for about 40 years. Take that! :)

You can find a site yourself just as easily as I would be able to but here's the basic main changes:

Salary Cap

Major crackdown on obstruction, hooking etc. - In other words, the refs are going to call tiny things. This is in order to help bring more goals to the game.

Red line removed. This means two-line passes are legal now so you can see teams playing long passes and should see more fantastic end-to-end action. This is the best change IMO.

Shootout. If the game is tied after 5 mins of overtime, it goes to a shootout. 3 shots taken per side, then sudden deaths shots after that.

If a team ices the puck to get a whistle, that team can then not make a change - therefore decreasing the number of icings.

There's more but I can't think of the other major things right now.
Those who dwell, as scientists or laymen, among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life. - Rachel Carson

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: October 6, 2005, 06:07:35 pm »
Anything anyone really wants putting in as a rule ?

League Name:    RAWK
League ID# is 90731.
Password:    
Draft Type:    Live Draft
Draft Time:    Thu Oct 6 10:15pm BST [ Add to My Calendar ]
Max Teams:    4
Scoring Type:    Head-to-Head
Max Moves:    No maximum
Max Trades:    No maximum
Trade Reject Time:    0
Trade End Date:    No trade deadline
Waiver Time:    2 days
Can't Cut List Provider:    Yahoo! Sports
Trade Review:    League Votes
Min Games Played:    No minimum
Weekly Deadline:    Daily - Tomorrow
Start Scoring on:    Week 2
Roster Positions:    C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, W, F, D, D, D, D, Util, G, G, BN, BN, IR
Stat Categories:    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, W, GAA, SV%, SHO
Team Name:    The Devil you know

What's the website???
Those who dwell, as scientists or laymen, among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life. - Rachel Carson

• Legacy Fan
    • My Mobile Blog
« Reply #44 on: October 6, 2005, 06:14:54 pm »
Afraid I can't tell you about NHL's TV coverage in the UK but all I know is that every single Leafs game has been on TV as long as I've been a fan.

Plus, just to gloat, the Leafs have sold out every game for about 40 years. Take that! :)

You can find a site yourself just as easily as I would be able to but here's the basic main changes:

Salary Cap

Major crackdown on obstruction, hooking etc. - In other words, the refs are going to call tiny things. This is in order to help bring more goals to the game.

Red line removed. This means two-line passes are legal now so you can see teams playing long passes and should see more fantastic end-to-end action. This is the best change IMO.

Shootout. If the game is tied after 5 mins of overtime, it goes to a shootout. 3 shots taken per side, then sudden deaths shots after that.

If a team ices the puck to get a whistle, that team can then not make a change - therefore decreasing the number of icings.

There's more but I can't think of the other major things right now.

Cheers for that fellow Leaf fan :)

I like the icing and especially the red-line rule. This will increase the variation or range of passing that a team can employ. Especially the skilfull players in the NHL, i would love to visit Toronto and watch a Leaf match. But as you say the tickets for home matches sell out very quickly!
« Last Edit: October 6, 2005, 06:21:34 pm by -Eli_B- (Badland Red) »
Walsall FC aka the red and white Saddlers. The innovators as well as the first sports team in England/UK, to sell the Chicken Balti Pie:

With a soft spot for the redmen of Liverpool since the League Cup Semi Final 1984. RIP to the 39 in Brussels and of course the 96.

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: October 6, 2005, 06:22:32 pm »
Cheers for that fellow Leaf fan :)

I like the icing and especially the red-line rule. This will increase the variation or range of passing that a team can employ. Especially the skilfull players in the NHL, i would love to visit Toronto and watch a Leaf match. But asy you say the tickets for home matches sell out very quickly!

Yeah if you want any chance of getting into a game you have to get the tickets months in advance. Otherwise you have to get the tickets of scalpers and they charge astronomical prices.

Also be aware that tickets are extremely expensive. I think the cheapest tickets are significantly more expensive than the most expensive tickets at an Anfield Liverpool match. I've only been to 3 games in my life (I'm only 18 though).

Offline NY-AmericanRed

• Legacy Fan
  • We all dream of a team of Messiers...
« Reply #46 on: October 6, 2005, 06:29:52 pm »
TheCanadian...

Unfortunately for your Leafs, I think Ottawa looks like a juggernaut, with immense scoring talent three lines deep and Hasek between the pipes...there's one goalie who won't be affected as much by the rules changes.

Toronto looks pretty darned good too, perhaps there will be a Leafs-Sens conference final.

My Rangers won't make the playoffs (again), but at least they decided to clean house and start rebuilding.  They are finally starting to go in the right direction.  I think with the rules changes in effect (wider ice meaning no more neutral zone trap, smaller goalie equipment and less physical contact) that Jagr will lead the league in scoring.  Before the neutral zone trapping was in place it could be argued that Jagr was the most unstoppable player in the NHL.
"They're the New York Giants; all run and no fun"--my brother at the Giants-Eagles game, Nov. 20, 2005

ManU fans--your 1999 European Cup is safe and sound in our museum

Mark Messier--The Captain, The Legend, The Messiah...11 forever

Offline NewHampshire_Exile

• Ambassador
  • Legacy Fan
    • www.YNWA.TV
« Reply #47 on: October 6, 2005, 07:57:32 pm »
sod the NHL - the AHL is where it's at  - loads of kids on the fringes of the nhl and the veterans battling to stay in pro hockey - plus those doing rehab. all of them wiht nothing to lose and everythign to gain. Seen some fantastic games at that level - 10 minutes from the house and $20 for me and the kids to get in. Non stop action and plenty of fights ;)

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: October 6, 2005, 08:07:34 pm »
TheCanadian...

Unfortunately for your Leafs, I think Ottawa looks like a juggernaut, with immense scoring talent three lines deep and Hasek between the pipes...there's one goalie who won't be affected as much by the rules changes.

Toronto looks pretty darned good too, perhaps there will be a Leafs-Sens conference final.

My Rangers won't make the playoffs (again), but at least they decided to clean house and start rebuilding.  They are finally starting to go in the right direction.  I think with the rules changes in effect (wider ice meaning no more neutral zone trap, smaller goalie equipment and less physical contact) that Jagr will lead the league in scoring.  Before the neutral zone trapping was in place it could be argued that Jagr was the most unstoppable player in the NHL.

Good comments about the Leafs appreciated. Sports Illustrated predicted they'd finish in 20th overall and therefore not make the playoffs. I think because on paper their team doesn't look so great and a lot of the players are gambles. Quinn, though is one of the very best coaches in the world and he'll get a lot out of his team. They played with good chemistry last night and were very well organized. Belfour also showed that he is as good as he's ever been.

Your team got off to a good start last night against the ugly Flyers at least. Good job there, nice comeback. :)

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: October 6, 2005, 08:11:07 pm »
sod the NHL - the AHL is where it's at  - loads of kids on the fringes of the nhl and the veterans battling to stay in pro hockey - plus those doing rehab. all of them wiht nothing to lose and everythign to gain. Seen some fantastic games at that level - 10 minutes from the house and $20 for me and the kids to get in. Non stop action and plenty of fights ;)

Could that be because you don't have a local NHL team but you have a local AHL team?

Just asking. I agree there is plenty of good hockey to be seen outside the NHL but I think the NHL is where it's at. The best players, the best coaches, the most dramatic and the biggest prize of 'em all. One of the very hardest trophies to win in the world.

In fact, where I'm living right now doesn't have an NHL team but it has a famous OHL team - the Peterborough Petes. This town has contributed a helluva lot of hockey players to the NHL over the years, it's a real hockey town. (Not that Toronto itself isn't the Mecca of hockey, because it is.)

PS: Chris Pronger, the best defenceman in the world (IMHO) came from Peterborough.

Offline NY-AmericanRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: October 6, 2005, 08:15:23 pm »
Good comments about the Leafs appreciated. Sports Illustrated predicted they'd finish in 20th overall and therefore not make the playoffs. I think because on paper their team doesn't look so great and a lot of the players are gambles. Quinn, though is one of the very best coaches in the world and he'll get a lot out of his team. They played with good chemistry last night and were very well organized. Belfour also showed that he is as good as he's ever been.

Your team got off to a good start last night against the ugly Flyers at least. Good job there, nice comeback. :)

You know, I thought there would be some terrific fights last night, because all the players have a year of frustration to get out of them.  I didn't see any true fight action on the ice (however Shanahan got into a brawl last night).

I was stunned the Rangers came back on Philly...the Flyers have to be a huge favorite for the Cup.  But remember what I said about Jagr and the rules changes...the game is tailor-made for a guy like Jagr at this point.

I don't figure how Toronto was rated 20th, they usually have a team that gets to the playoffs (however it's been ages since they've won the Cup).  I think because of the year off, nobody really knows who is going to do well, and the gamblers will make a killing.
« Last Edit: October 6, 2005, 08:18:26 pm by NY-AmericanRed »
"They're the New York Giants; all run and no fun"--my brother at the Giants-Eagles game, Nov. 20, 2005

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: October 6, 2005, 08:21:09 pm »
You know, I thought there would be some terrific fights last night, because all the players have a year of frustration to get out of them.  I didn't see any true fight action on the ice (however Shanahan got into a brawl last night).

I was stunned the Rangers came back on Philly...the Flyers have to be a huge favorite for the Cup.  But remember what I said about Jagr and the rules changes...the game is tailor-made for a guy like Jagr at this point.

I don't figure how Toronto was rated 20th, they usually have a team that gets to the playoffs (however it's been ages since they've won the Cup).  I think because of the year off, nobody really knows who is going to do well, and the gamblers will make a killing.

I think also the stupid predictors were watching the pre-season too much - which is really useless when it comes to predicting what will happen in the real season.

Every prediction I've heard (from about 6 or 7 analysts) predicted that Ottawa will at least be IN the Stanley Cup Final.

Offline Sami

• vaguely scandinavian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kome on pool!!!
« Reply #52 on: October 6, 2005, 08:22:11 pm »
LET'S GO RED WINGS!
4-4-2 Sucks

Offline NY-AmericanRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: October 6, 2005, 08:29:24 pm »
I think also the stupid predictors were watching the pre-season too much - which is really useless when it comes to predicting what will happen in the real season.

Every prediction I've heard (from about 6 or 7 analysts) predicted that Ottawa will at least be IN the Stanley Cup Final.

But look at Ottawa's team though...

Alfredsson, Havlat, Heatley, Smolinski, Varada as forwards, and Chara and Redden in defense...not to mention Hasek between the pipes...

It's not stupid to think the Sens will play for the Cup.  However I don't think they're prohibitive favorites, not in a conference with Philly, New Jersey, and Tampa Bay.

Offline NewHampshire_Exile

• Ambassador
  • Legacy Fan
    • www.YNWA.TV
« Reply #54 on: October 6, 2005, 08:30:01 pm »
Could that be because you don't have a local NHL team but you have a local AHL team?

Partly - less than an hours drive from Boston but its effort and reward - drive, park, subway, get ripped off for food, drink, tickets and then get a view in the top level, fight the crowds out queue for the tube drive home - back after midnight etc etc. - or a 10 minute hop from Home to a stadium that gets the top crowd in the AHL - good seats and players that'll be in the NHL soon - or have been. Plus theres more of a local connection with the players in the AHL. Th eones int he NHL don;t give a stuff - whereas the AHL players actually seem to be appreciative of their fanbase.

additionally the local team only started a couple of years ago so I've been there from the start. - just a shame its Manchester  :-X

Offline Tomaldinho

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • camina, camina, con esperanza de tu corazon
« Reply #55 on: October 6, 2005, 08:55:32 pm »
LET'S GO RED WINGS!

Seconded, lets see Stevie Y see out his career in style.
@TomNJones on Twitter

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: October 6, 2005, 08:56:31 pm »
just a shame its Manchester  :-X

:o  ;D

But look at Ottawa's team though...

Alfredsson, Havlat, Heatley, Smolinski, Varada as forwards, and Chara and Redden in defense...not to mention Hasek between the pipes...

It's not stupid to think the Sens will play for the Cup.  However I don't think they're prohibitive favorites, not in a conference with Philly, New Jersey, and Tampa Bay.

Yes but you and everyone else seems to forget what happens last time around. Everyone was predicting the Sens to do extremely well and make it to the Cup final. Alfredsson said on TV that they would win the Stanley Cup that year.

Then, around comes the first round of the playoffs. They play the Leafs. Belfour rapes their team single handedly throughout the series and brings it to game 7 in Toronto. The Senators don't show up. The Leafs win easily. In the Air Canada Centre they play the clip of Alfredsson promising the cup. Me and my friends run up and down the nearest major street with our Leafs jerseys on waving flags and getting all the cars honking back at us.

It's what happens every year, my friend. Their team lacks character, they have too many Europeans, no offence, but their core is European.

Anyway, that's my rant about Ottawa.

• Legacy Fan
    • My Mobile Blog
« Reply #57 on: October 6, 2005, 09:22:23 pm »

Yes but you and everyone else seems to forget what happens last time around. Everyone was predicting the Sens to do extremely well and make it to the Cup final. Alfredsson said on TV that they would win the Stanley Cup that year.

Then, around comes the first round of the playoffs. They play the Leafs. Belfour rapes their team single handedly throughout the series and brings it to game 7 in Toronto. The Senators don't show up. The Leafs win easily. In the Air Canada Centre they play the clip of Alfredsson promising the cup. Me and my friends run up and down the nearest major street with our Leafs jerseys on waving flags and getting all the cars honking back at us.

It's what happens every year, my friend. Their team lacks character, they have too many Europeans, no offence, but their core is European.

The Canadian - May i say that's a good and well reasoned rant about those pesky Senators. And Sami as you know mate Detroit is my second favourite team in the NHL - i've always liked Stevie Yzerman, he'll be missed at the Joe Louis Arena next season.

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: October 6, 2005, 10:10:13 pm »
Notice to those two who registered in the fantasy league!

The draft is in a few minutes! You can get on early - you SHOULd get on early. Me and DK  are already in there.

Offline DK

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: October 6, 2005, 10:16:57 pm »
It's frozen for me.

Offline NY-AmericanRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: October 6, 2005, 10:33:49 pm »

I know that Ottawa-Toronto is a ferocious rivalry, and Ottawa still has to prove that they are the real deal this season.

I also wonder who is going to come out of the West...they're much more wide open than usual.  I don't think Colorado is a major powerhouse anymore, but they'll still make the playoffs.  I guess Detroit is the favorite, but they might not be as tough as in years past.  The West also has its highly-hyped team that has to prove it on the ice and has failed to do so (Vancouver).  Also, does Calgary follow up their magical run to the Stanley Cup Final (and they were one game away from lifting the Cup) with another good season?

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: October 6, 2005, 10:49:38 pm »
I can't believe you guys let me get Jagr and Ovechkin in the fantasy league. Those two players are going to go on a rampage this year. 100 points each please.

;D

Bottom of the league: Carolina.

For the Stanley Cup: Toronto.

Offline DK

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: October 6, 2005, 10:52:47 pm »
What's the maximum you can have playing?  Do you have to bench any? :-\

Offline NY-AmericanRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: October 6, 2005, 10:53:35 pm »
I can't believe you guys let me get Jagr and Ovechkin in the fantasy league. Those two players are going to go on a rampage this year. 100 points each please.

;D

Bottom of the league: Carolina.

For the Stanley Cup: Toronto.

If I was playing you wouldn't have Jagr, that's for darned sure...

Hart Trophy for Jagr  :wellin :wellin :wellin :champ :champ :champ

Offline ScouserTommy37

• Steve Biko, Aung San Suu Kyi, Nelson Mandela and now ScouserTommy37. Stop the repression!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Will there ever be a Rainbow ?
« Reply #64 on: October 6, 2005, 11:00:03 pm »
Well everyone has ridiculously good teams. I will prb start slow as Im still catching up on trades and shit.
Come on RAWK lets ave it and you can bring your fuckin dinner as well.

http://www.contrast.org/hillsborough/ <-- Read this JFT96

MICHAEL SHIELDS YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE!

"If Jamie Carragher were Italian, we'd build entire dynasties around him." Corriere della Sera

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: October 6, 2005, 11:00:35 pm »
If I was playing you wouldn't have Jagr, that's for darned sure...

Hart Trophy for Jagr  :wellin :wellin :wellin :champ :champ :champ

::)  :wave

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: October 6, 2005, 11:01:05 pm »
Well everyone has ridiculously good teams. I will prb start slow as Im still catching up on trades and shit.

Making excuses for yourself in advance I see. ;D

Offline NY-AmericanRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: October 6, 2005, 11:04:47 pm »
And my picks for the other NHL Awards:

Norris: Nick Lidstrom

Vezina: Marty Brodeur   :puke2

Calder: Sidney Crosby (he's already got this award wrapped up)

Lady Byng (the pussy award): Martin St. Louis

Selke: John Madden  :puke2

Adams: Darryl Sutter

Best Goon (my personal award): Dale Purinton  :wellin :wellin :wellin :lmao :lmao :lmao

Offline NY-AmericanRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: October 6, 2005, 11:06:45 pm »
::)  :wave

Come on, don't roll your eyes man, Jagr is a shoo-in LOL

Offline Rizla

• Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Once a knob always a knob
« Reply #69 on: October 6, 2005, 11:07:34 pm »
Wish Sky Sports would show recorded games on at peak times like they used to instead of Channel 5 showing them at ungodly hours. I like Ice Hockey...

Specially the violence ;D

Far better than that NFL shit that Sky prefer to show :butt

Offline NY-AmericanRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: October 6, 2005, 11:11:02 pm »
Wish Sky Sports would show recorded games on at peak times like they used to instead of Channel 5 showing them at ungodly hours. I like Ice Hockey...

Then Dale Purinton is your man (on the NY Rangers).  He sucks as a defenseman, but is an awesome goon.  Colin Campbell, the NHL discipline man (and a wanker to boot) suspended Purinton 10 games for gouging the eye of a Bruins player.  Everybody thought the suspension was over the top...

Colin Campbell is a knobhead...

Offline Rizla

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: October 6, 2005, 11:17:20 pm »
Then Dale Purinton is your man (on the NY Rangers).  He sucks as a defenseman, but is an awesome goon.  Colin Campbell, the NHL discipline man (and a wanker to boot) suspended Purinton 10 games for gouging the eye of a Bruins player.  Everybody thought the suspension was over the top...

I remember a guy called Marty McSorley a few years back who got banned for a season for twatting an opponent over the head with a stick! That was funny ;D

His brother Chris, incidentally, was once in charge of the GB team if I remember rightly

Offline Bobby Fury

• Fountain of Musical Knowledge
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
« Reply #72 on: October 6, 2005, 11:23:21 pm »
His brother Chris, incidentally, was once in charge of the GB team if I remember rightly

I think it was the London team.
LFC - It's what's happening!!!

Offline Rizla

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: October 6, 2005, 11:25:34 pm »
I think it was the London team.

Yeah, I think he was in charge of them as well, and also maybe Belfast. Think he tried to get his brother to come and play over here during his suspension but the NHL authorities put the block on it. Would have been interesting to see some of our home grown and imported nutters taking him on ;)
« Last Edit: October 6, 2005, 11:29:35 pm by Rizla »

Offline DK

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: October 6, 2005, 11:30:49 pm »

NASN show 3 or 4 games a week but they do mostly start at midnight or so.  Early games will be on at 7pm or so though.

It's an extra £10 a month.

Offline DK

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: October 6, 2005, 11:32:08 pm »

Oh come on that's just being one-eyed  :P

Offline Rizla

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: October 6, 2005, 11:32:15 pm »
NASN show 3 or 4 games a week but they do mostly start at midnight or so.  Early games will be on at 7pm or so though.

I'll have a look but I suspect I dont have that channel in my package. Dont mind a midnight start but 2AM I draw the line

Edit: seems it's subscription based. Unfortunately it's not me that pays for it :(

Though my dad quite likes Ice Hockey as well so maybe :-\

Offline DK

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: October 6, 2005, 11:33:04 pm »
I'll have a look but I suspect I dont have that channel in my package. Dont mind a midnight start but 2AM I draw the line

Sorry...edited after you saw it.  £10 a month extra.

Offline NY-AmericanRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: October 6, 2005, 11:37:01 pm »
I remember a guy called Marty McSorley a few years back who got banned for a season for twatting an opponent over the head with a stick! That was funny ;D

McSorley is a punk...the guy who he nailed was Donald Brashear, and this was after Brashear beat his ass in a fight earlier in the game.

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: October 6, 2005, 11:38:51 pm »
And my picks for the other NHL Awards:

Calder: Sidney Crosby (he's already got this award wrapped up)

I disagree that he's got it wrapped up. Alexander Ovechkin is my pick. He's a rookie at age 20 because he's had to wait a year. You'll see. (he scored twice in the first game of the season)