Author Topic: Liverpool 1 V 1 Burnley (Arfield, Salah)  (Read 74214 times)

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Re: Liverpool 1 V 1 Burnley (Arfield, Salah)
« Reply #1480 on: September 18, 2017, 01:22:53 pm »
Echo is nothing more than a clickbait site these days.

Offline poopscoop

• Kopite
  • And what a delighted scorer – it's Tommy Smith!
« Reply #1481 on: September 18, 2017, 01:26:52 pm »
Perfectly executed away fixture for Burnley illustrating what they are very good at and why they caused the Chelsea to have such a mare on the opening day. I can't see what the commotion is about, we played well on Saturday but couldn't score. Klopp has long talked about the need to be clinical in front of goal and 30-odd attempts at goal without registering will probably see the chaps enjoying a good bit of finishing drill this week.
I think it shows real disrespect to teams like Burnley when whingers come on here in apoplexy that we haven't won. They showed us last year that they are no mugs and they were equally tricky to break down on Saturday. Fair play to them, they rode their luck and went home with a point. I don't like it, but I can live with it. Let's move on, Leicester next!

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #1482 on: September 18, 2017, 01:30:00 pm »

I'm thinking of uninstalling the LFC Echo app on my phone to be honest. They just spam me with uninformative articles most of the time.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #1483 on: September 18, 2017, 01:39:20 pm »

Agreed.

Stopped following or referring to them some time ago.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline SandyShore

• "Hodgson did a very good job". someone with low shitty standards who is probably racist
  • Kopite
  • Boooooooooooooooooooom!!
« Reply #1484 on: September 18, 2017, 01:50:24 pm »
I think it's important we get through, as a trophy would really help everyone manager, players and fans.

I would like to see woodburn, Gomez at cb and solanke play tho.
League Cup or even the FA Cup have no relevance in modern football. We don't have the squad to balance 4 comps , just play the reserves and see how far they get us. Our perfomance  in the League and Champions League is the main factor in keeping our best players , even if we don't win either as long as we compete or show some signs of progression.

Just look at Arsenal, 3 FA Cups in the last few seasons yet still a miserable atmosphere all round the club with all the best players wanting to leave.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 01:54:01 pm by SandyShore »

Online ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1485 on: September 18, 2017, 01:56:25 pm »
League Cup or even the FA Cup have no relevance in modern football. We don't have the squad to balance 4 comps , just play the reserves and see how far they get us. Our perfomance  in the League and Champions League is the main factor in keeping our best players , even if we don't win either as long as we compete or show some signs of progression.

Just look at Arsenal, 3 FA Cups in the last few seasons yet still a miserable atmosphere all round the club with all the best players wanting to leave.

Fuck thinking like this. We won't silverware, it's been far too long

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #1486 on: September 18, 2017, 01:56:34 pm »
Anyone who says Klopp out in a serious manner deserves to be fucked off and never have an opinion on football taken seriously again.

When we have a poor result or performance I understand that people are unhappy or disappointed. Maybe even angry.

What I don't get is the line of thought that there's alway someone to blame. Whether that be a player or a member of staff. Someone needs to be held accountable for every goal conceded, every poor result or every poor performance.

Some Liverpool fans need to learn that it's OK to be disappointed with our current form but you don't need to attach blame to anyone for it. Yes, there probably is someone to blame. There always is. But after only 1 loss this season I don't think it's the time to start pointing the finger in the direction of the manager or any player. Sometimes you've got to trust them to get correct the things that are going wrong and turn things around. Just my opinion of course.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #1487 on: September 18, 2017, 02:00:30 pm »
And they keep stooping low. There's a hysterical piece in today's edition.

'Elimination to Leicester would turn a disappointing run of form into a worrying one; that dreaded ‘c’ word – crisis – might even be uttered.'

Pricks. They're putting out a case for a strong team but I say fuck the Caribou cup, let's put out the team that follows Klopp's plans, not something that plays to the crowd. If we go out, I won't complain.

We're bordering on a crisis, they're right.

Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal aren't of course.

:D

Online Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #1488 on: September 18, 2017, 02:15:39 pm »
Its not a crisis, it is simply a spell where our attack has been unable to bail out our shite defence. Scoring multiple goals every game is impossible and unsustainable, you will always get days where it just doesnt click.

Our defence is the only consistent thing - we cannot stop conceding soft goals. Goals where there are multiple obvious errors by the defence and midfield. It keeps costing us points and it just isnt gonna change.

Just hope we can win enough games so we don't throw away all our hard work.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline nico 8

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1489 on: September 18, 2017, 02:55:59 pm »
When we have a poor result or performance I understand that people are unhappy or disappointed. Maybe even angry.

What I don't get is the line of thought that there's alway someone to blame. Whether that be a player or a member of staff. Someone needs to be held accountable for every goal conceded, every poor result or every poor performance.

Some Liverpool fans need to learn that it's OK to be disappointed with our current form but you don't need to attach blame to anyone for it. Yes, there probably is someone to blame. There always is. But after only 1 loss this season I don't think it's the time to start pointing the finger in the direction of the manager or any player. Sometimes you've got to trust them to get correct the things that are going wrong and turn things around. Just my opinion of course.

Just your opinion- I agree with it 100%
Gone are the days where we take each game and the ensuing result one game /result at a time. Work harder to iron out mistakes, support the players regardless(where the only prerequisite is effort) until such time as that player is upgraded. We cannot get rid of just for the sake of it. Fans(and I am generalizing) want a head on a block after every mistake and if a coach cannot win a trophy- be gone with him. Again- just this week end, frustrations are taken out with some suggesting that we need to get rid of Coutinho. (one of our truly only world class player). He is playing for himself etc.
We are extremely lucky watching heavy metal football. As fans, we have a part to play in supporting the group. It has to be unconditional. Any player not good enough or not pulling their weight, either the manager or the players themselves shall deal with the situation / player. People quickly forget the the dark days when Rafa was bulleted and the owl came in. Dark days indeed. We are on an upward curve. Lets' enjoy the ride rather than diminish it.
Having said- there is nothing wrong with constructive debate and criticism. However, venting disguised as an opinion does not cut the mustard.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1490 on: September 18, 2017, 02:59:55 pm »
Fuck thinking like this. We won't silverware, it's been far too long

Exactly this. Personally think we should go all out to win at least one of the domestic cups.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Online jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1491 on: September 18, 2017, 03:01:42 pm »
Because you can tell that in September when Newcastle and Huddersfield are riding high after five games of 38. ::)
No. It was in response to the 8 goals conceeded in 2 away games. Nothing to do with September or other matters.
Defensive issues again.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?