Author Topic: Premier League Liverpool FC V Burnley: Match Preview. 15:00 16/9/17 Anfield  (Read 33450 times)

Offline Glen C

• Main Stander
  • Santouryuu: Hyou Kin Dama!
Re: Premier League Liverpool FC V Burnley: Match Preview. 15:00 16/9/17 Anfield
« Reply #160 on: September 15, 2017, 02:52:34 pm »
Nope, I think you need to go and look at BabuYagu's post when AOC joined. Seems like you're basing this on assumptions, rather than examples.

Firstly, anyone judging a player on performances for England would have to be a lunatic. They'd probably have sold Gerrard if they did that. Same if you think Wenger doesn't trust him to play centrally because of discipline (but trusts Ramsey and Iwobi!) As if Wenger's style of solidity in the middle is a measure we should care about!

Was Lallana "ready to play in the middle" in your view, before he was played there for the first time? Suspect not, but Klopp was right about that one right

Actually i had no problem with lallana in the middle as it made more sense with his style of play.  Im not saying he doesn't have talent and potential, but all we can go on is the games he has played up until now.  With those games he hasn't been impressive in the middle.  If he was he would have played there more often for Arsenal.  I've many Arsenal friends and for ages they've said they don't know why he wants to play in the middle when he's better on the wing.  Now seeing as how they have watched him a whole lot more than we have i'd say their judgement is more accurate than yours.  He may blossom who knows, but for now he seems a lot better out wide than through the middle.

Offline mkingdon

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #161 on: September 15, 2017, 03:10:19 pm »
I think after the last two games we'll need 2 or 3 goals before everyone, especially the fans, relax.

We just have to eliminate the individual errors that have resulted in conceding in this game. A clean sheet would do wonders for us.

Offline Bruce Springsteen

• Main Stander
« Reply #162 on: September 15, 2017, 03:13:42 pm »
Got to have Sturridge starting. Play Emre Can at centreback and play the Ox in midfield.

Online KissThisGuy

• OnlyThroughAFaceMaskThough
  • Legacy Fan
  • It was raining, I went outside, I got wet.
« Reply #163 on: September 15, 2017, 03:23:51 pm »
Mignolet
TAA   Matip   Lovren    Roberston
Can
Chamberlain    Coutinho
Salah                         Firmino
Sturridge

I wouldn't mind seeing something like that. 3 - 0 Redmen

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #164 on: September 15, 2017, 03:39:50 pm »
Mignolet
Can
Chamberlain    Coutinho
Sturridge

Whats that 6 changes and a 3-0 win

We have a amazing squad ;)

Online KissThisGuy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: September 15, 2017, 03:44:28 pm »
Whats that 6 changes and a 3-0 win

We have a amazing squad ;)

I think he made a boatload of changes against Crystal Palace if I remember correctly. It will be interesting to see how he approaches these League games after Champions League.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #166 on: September 15, 2017, 03:50:40 pm »
I think he made a boatload of changes against Crystal Palace if I remember correctly. It will be interesting to see how he approaches these League games after Champions League.
Could easily win with 5/6 changes shows were building a good squad all round .

Think our line up will be very attack minded

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #167 on: September 15, 2017, 03:55:28 pm »
Mignolet
Can
Chamberlain    Coutinho
Sturridge

I like that front 6. It has a bit of everything, guile, pace, creativity we might well need all of that to break down Dyche's bus.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #168 on: September 15, 2017, 04:07:49 pm »
Mignolet
Can
Chamberlain    Coutinho
Sturridge

Why does Can deserve to keep his place considering he was by far and away our worst midfielder against Sevilla?

Henderson and Wijnaldum were also poor but Can deserves to be dropped for his showing on Wednesday.

Online KissThisGuy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: September 15, 2017, 04:13:27 pm »
Why does Can deserve to keep his place considering he was by far and away our worst midfielder against Sevilla?

Henderson and Wijnaldum were also poor but Can deserves to be dropped for his showing on Wednesday.

OK swap Henderson for Can if you want. Thought Henderson was pretty poor against Sevilla, he seemed to give the ball away needlessly at times.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #170 on: September 15, 2017, 04:22:06 pm »
OK swap Henderson for Can if you want. Thought Henderson was pretty poor against Sevilla, he seemed to give the ball away needlessly at times.

Oh yeah but he tried at least. Can is a world beater one week then doesn't look arsed the next. Hard to know what to expect from him.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #171 on: September 15, 2017, 04:26:52 pm »
Oh yeah but he tried at least. Can is a world beater one week then doesn't look arsed the next. Hard to know what to expect from him.

The contract situation probably isn't helping. You could argue that is his fault, nobody knows for sure about what the issue is. But it can't be helping matters.

I think he deserves a shot a bit deeper anyway, his form there last season was very good by and large.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: September 15, 2017, 04:31:50 pm »
Actually i had no problem with lallana in the middle as it made more sense with his style of play.  Im not saying he doesn't have talent and potential, but all we can go on is the games he has played up until now.  With those games he hasn't been impressive in the middle.  If he was he would have played there more often for Arsenal.  I've many Arsenal friends and for ages they've said they don't know why he wants to play in the middle when he's better on the wing.  Now seeing as how they have watched him a whole lot more than we have i'd say their judgement is more accurate than yours.  He may blossom who knows, but for now he seems a lot better out wide than through the middle.

If they're talking about out wide as an attacker, I'd strongly disagree with them. At least in a Liverpool context. Our wide forwards are who we rely on for goals. He doesn't score goals. Playing him there just because he's quick would blunt our biggest strength in attack.

I'm sure they have seen him more than me, but they haven't seen him play in a three man midfield as imposing/dominant as our first choice was last season, or with someone dedicated to tidying up behind him as well as Henderson was doing pre-injury.

On Lallana, I see their style of play as very similar though AOC is blessed with better pace and power. Both weren't scoring enough goals for us and Arsenal when part of a front three, but still looked like good players. I don't see why the clear talent/ability wouldn't translate deeper in midfield in the same successful way Lallana's did.

Offline pjk66

• Anny Roader
« Reply #173 on: September 15, 2017, 04:39:52 pm »
shame this isn't on TV. dodgy stream me up!

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #174 on: September 15, 2017, 05:07:19 pm »
Such an important game. Our league games after this are Leicester away, Newcastle away, United at home and Spurs away. Add in cup games and Leicester away, Spartak away and Maribor away make it 6 of our next 8 away from home. Basically, we need to make this count!

Burnley won't be easy, especially as they've beaten Chelsea away and got a point at Tottenham. The key for me is starting Firmino and Robertson. Don't get me wrong, Sturridge can still start but I think everything relies on Firmino in games like this. Robertson's attacking ability could also be key, even though Moreno looked great mid week, I just think Robertson is better and offers more in games like this.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline Flaccid Bobby Fowler

• Supports the No To Racism campaign. Good lad.
  • Legacy Fan
  • *****In Istanbul, we won it 5 times*****
« Reply #175 on: September 15, 2017, 05:20:00 pm »
we looked a bit fucked that second half mid week and with this 3 days later id go with fresh legs - a change in midfield and up top:

-----------------------Miggs-------------------------
Gomez----------Matip------------Klavan---------Robertson
-------------------------Hendo-----------------------
---------------Gini----------------Coutinho-----------
----Ox----------------Stuurridge---------------Salah--

Lovern needs to be sent into orbit / dropped.
Can looked painfully slow and off the pace on Wednesday
Friminho also looked goosed
Mane ruled out
Moreno although was great imo, leaves to much space and will undoubtedly be targeted regardless

Need a big performance from Gini this week.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #176 on: September 15, 2017, 06:50:12 pm »
Mignolet
Can
Chamberlain    Coutinho
Sturridge

lacks nicknames....
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: September 15, 2017, 06:50:54 pm »
Coutinho looked a little rusty vs Sevilla, but I expect him to start this one. Mane will be a loss, but our attack should be fine with Coutinho, Salah and Firmino/Sturridge. It's the defence that we will focus on. Just like the OP stated. We have looked bad recently and we need a strong defensive performance.

Burnley is a must win game. We need to find a way to secure three points. It's games like this one that we have managed to fuck up and I'd like us to show we can do the job we need to do. It's games like this one, wins in games like this, that will put us in the mix for a title challenge. How we respond, after the City disaster and our disappointing points loss vs Sevilla can be important. A win and we're back on track. A draw or defeat and.., well, let's just win, shall we?

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline JD.

• Continually left frustrated at the back. Desperate for it! No longer averaging 13 posts a day - luckily for us!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: September 15, 2017, 06:59:08 pm »
Just try and blow them away.

What's the point of setting up defensively? We can't defend for shit - mostly due to not very good defenders - so just take the 13/14 approach and try blow teams away early and win 5-2 or 6-3.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: September 15, 2017, 07:02:50 pm »
Just try and blow them away.

What's the point of setting up defensively? We can't defend for shit - mostly due to not very good defenders - so just take the 13/14 approach and try blow teams away early and win 5-2 or 6-3.

0,5,5 Formation?
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Online UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: September 15, 2017, 07:11:33 pm »
Few different options for this one but I'd go:

Mignolet

Gomez
Matip
Lovren
Moreno

Henderson
Gini
Coutinho

Salah
Oxlade
Firmino

"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #181 on: September 15, 2017, 07:16:18 pm »
I'd rather see Coutinho on the left and Chamberlain in midfield - we've got the cover not to have to move Firmino and with Coutinho we keep that absolute goal threat on both flanks.

Either way I have a feeling we might just rip Burnley to pieces - in amongst the (mostly understandable and occasionally absurdly over the top) hand-wringing about the defence I think it's being slightly forgotten that we had real troubles carving out chances against the likes of Burnley last season. I don't think that was the case against Watford or Palace and I think we've got every chance of absolutely obliterating them. Yes, we'll concede some sloppy goals and crumble sometimes, but many leagues are won based on swatting aside the lesser sides in the league, and I think we have the potential to do that this season.

Teams with poor attacks who come at us trying to get at our weak defence are going to be annihilated on the break, teams that do two banks of four we'll find away around. West Brom will give us trouble, though. ;)
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline JD.

• Continually left frustrated at the back. Desperate for it! No longer averaging 13 posts a day - luckily for us!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: September 15, 2017, 07:19:54 pm »
0,5,5 Formation?

Diamond. Salah and Studge up top. Firmino just off. Ox and Coutinho in the 8s. Try and score 5.

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #183 on: September 15, 2017, 07:22:25 pm »
Mignolet
Can
Chamberlain    Coutinho
Sturridge

lacks nicknames....
Can't fault the symmetry though . . .

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #184 on: September 15, 2017, 10:02:50 pm »
Off to this one tomorrow. Few weary bodies from Wednesday. Can definitely see Robbo and Chambo getting the nod. Phil too.

Massive game tomorrow. Need a win to round off the week.

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: September 15, 2017, 10:03:18 pm »
And STILL we must wait to see Firmino, Mané, Coutinho and Salah on the pitch at the same time ;D

I think we will be fine. Too much "meltdown" about being blown away 10 vs. 11 at the Etihad, and throwing away a victory while looking comfortable on Wednesday. Still, a win would crush the nerves... it's a good habit to get into!
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: September 15, 2017, 10:07:01 pm »
Good to get this game so quickly after the Seville disappointment

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #187 on: September 15, 2017, 10:12:53 pm »
I want us to finish comfortably top 4, and to do so I don't think we can be dropping points two games in a row.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: September 15, 2017, 10:44:43 pm »
And STILL we must wait to see Firmino, Mané, Coutinho and Salah on the pitch at the same time ;D

Next Champions League game I would think we'll see those 4 together. 

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: September 15, 2017, 10:53:40 pm »
I want us to finish comfortably top 4, and to do so I don't think we can be dropping points two games in a row.

Yep, a win tomorrow and we're back on track, 2PPG. Draw and we'll need to win the next two to get back on track, lose and we'll need to win 3 on the bounce which is unlikely with the fixtures coming up.

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: September 15, 2017, 11:07:21 pm »
Burnley beating us  last season kind of set the tone for how the majority of our games against lower sides would go. And now, this game has kind of arrived at a pivotal moment. If we win then we'll be back on track, but failing to win would make it look like a very poor start (8 games played and already points dropped to Burnley, Watford, an average Sevilla, and getting thrashed by City).

I'd like to see Studge and Ox get a start, and I suppose Phil needs to be brought back in at this point as well. Don't include Lovren in the squad, for the love of god.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: September 15, 2017, 11:18:46 pm »
Think Lovren is a shoe in to start tomorrow personally. He (rightly) took a lot of criticism this week and I'm sure Klopp will want to give him the opportunity to put that right.
He obviously rates him. Lovren frustrates the life out of me, on the face of it he has everything you need to be a excellent centre half.
I'll take any kind of win tomorrow, but I'd love a performance without any stupid errors so our defending isn't the subject of every single TV/radio/online debate for the next week.

Offline ICHK

• No new LFC topics
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #192 on: September 16, 2017, 12:02:43 am »
1-1, Salah and Wood. Massive fan of Sean Dyche and how he has got Burnley punching well, well above their weight. He should be on our shortlist if Klopp leaves anytime.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: September 16, 2017, 12:03:37 am »
Mignolet

TAA
Matip
Lovren
Robertson

Henderson
Wijnaldum
Coutinho

Salah
Firmino
Sturridge

Or Chamberlain for Sturridge perhaps.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: September 16, 2017, 12:04:21 am »
1-1, Salah and Wood. Massive fan of Sean Dyche and how he has got Burnley punching well, well above their weight. He should be on our shortlist if Klopp leaves anytime.

Dignitas would be more likely to get on my shortlist ;D
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline David Struhme

• Kopite
« Reply #195 on: September 16, 2017, 12:12:59 am »
I'd like to see

Mignolet

Gomez
Matip
Masterson
Robertson

Henderson
Oxlade
Coutinho

Salah
Sturridge
Firmino

Offline ICHK

• No new LFC topics
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #196 on: September 16, 2017, 12:14:27 am »
Dignitas would be more likely to get on my shortlist ;D

Well in an ideal world Klopp will stay for life, or failing that Simeone, Emery, Zizou or Conte will be tempted here. But with the budget we work on we are looking at Dyche, Pulis etc al, so let's hope Jurgen has unconditional love for us.

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: September 16, 2017, 12:17:21 am »

???

Offline Red-Dread

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #198 on: September 16, 2017, 12:18:03 am »

er, ok  :o

I can see Burnley getting a bit of a mauling tomorrow myself, especially if we score early.

Klopp will have the boys pumped for this, no way will he be wanting to play catch-up to the extent we'd be doing in the event of a loss.

The last two games demand a response, and we'll get one.

4-1 I reckon

first ever avatar..... ben(d)oak

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: September 16, 2017, 12:19:29 am »
I'd like to see Firmino rested for rested sake, that's all, but which gives Sturridge a good chance for 90 minutes. I'd also like to see our new Ox replace either Can or Gini. In fact it's more than a request please JK.