Author Topic: MATCH PREVIEW: Manchester City vs Liverpool, Saturday 9/9/2017, 12.30 BST  (Read 43931 times)

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
Re: MATCH PREVIEW: Manchester City vs Liverpool, Saturday 9/9/2017, 12.30 BST
« Reply #120 on: September 7, 2017, 10:07:16 pm »
Coutinho needs to start if fit! We can have these

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #121 on: September 7, 2017, 10:20:19 pm »
Coutinho needs to start if fit! We can have these

Not a fucking chance ....Klopp has got him exactly where he wants him now 😂 pre-season training for the lad !!

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #122 on: September 7, 2017, 10:23:22 pm »
think they'll get a few goals but we'll score more (not a dig at the defence, they are just pretty good)

alex 'doesn't score enough goals' oxlaide-chamberlain to get a debut goal from the bench. you heard it here first
Probably nil nil now ;D

I agree with you though.. 

I think we need to be a little bit circumspect about the city game though..  we've done very well against them recently, but if things don't quite go our way then we shouldn't despair...  luck plays a huge part in football, and one off results are often down to lucky breaks....

Let's hope we get the run of the green, but let's not pretend the sky has fallen in if we don't...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline GIPPO77

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #123 on: September 7, 2017, 10:41:51 pm »
No way should Coutinho walk straight into the starting eleven after their performance against Arsenal.
YNWA

Offline GregCharrua

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: September 7, 2017, 11:00:00 pm »
No way should Coutinho walk straight into the starting eleven after their performance against Arsenal.

Think he absolutely should. We go on as if nothing has happened IMO. Get the best out of everyone.

Online robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #125 on: September 7, 2017, 11:04:04 pm »
Think he absolutely should. We go on as if nothing has happened IMO. Get the best out of everyone.

Agree.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #126 on: September 7, 2017, 11:06:21 pm »
Feeling quite relaxed. We WILL create chances...and they know it!

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #127 on: September 7, 2017, 11:07:43 pm »
Ignoring the whole transfer request stuff, he hasn't played all season and hasn't been training with the first team for about a month. No way should he be starting a game of this importance.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's not even on the bench.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Qcase1977

• Kopite
« Reply #128 on: September 7, 2017, 11:20:24 pm »

No chance

Offline jonkrux

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: September 7, 2017, 11:27:48 pm »
I'd start AOC over Wijnaldam.
cant agree with this sorry lad! Wij is almost a shoe in for these kind of games.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: September 7, 2017, 11:31:31 pm »

Not sure we'll be getting the best out of everyone by pretending nothing has happened tho do you? Stuff happened off the pitch... stuff happened on it. He doesn't walk into the side by a long shot. He's only started kicking about them for a day.

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: September 7, 2017, 11:43:49 pm »
i hate these internationals. we were flying before the break. remember last year against United at home last year after the break we were flying and then we never really got going against United. The good thing is City wont play a low block and we will have our opportunities but we need to start fast because for me City's firepower make this game the hardest of the season. make no mistake City will be shitting it against us. We start really fast and i like our chances.

I would keep Moreno at left back over Robertson because i like his speed going forward and in recovery in these fast transition type games, i would imagine Robertson will play against Burnley at home next weekend. I dont like TAA and Gomez at right back against City, i would go with Milner because i think he will be better to cope with City's ability to get in behind with their full backs with the diagonal runs from the touchline inbetween our full back and centre half. Silva and DeBruyne are masters at playing this ball. I still think TAA and Gomez tend to switch off and lack awareness defensively. With City you have to be really switched on because there movement is exceptional in the final third and Silva and DeBruyne can find the runners with ease which is why there great against the low block.

Offline GregCharrua

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: September 7, 2017, 11:49:56 pm »
Ignoring the whole transfer request stuff, he hasn't played all season and hasn't been training with the first team for about a month. No way should he be starting a game of this importance.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's not even on the bench.

Sure if it is a fitness/tactical issue, bench or out of team. But just to 'punish' him, no.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: September 8, 2017, 12:03:56 am »
Kompany done his,calf in again

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: September 8, 2017, 12:58:36 am »
Kompany done his,calf in again

He's done. ala Ledley King. Hell even Jonathan Woodgate ended up playing much longer after years of injuries but he's done for.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: September 8, 2017, 01:07:31 am »
Same team as Arsenal (Migs over Karius). Absolutely no need to change a thing. Our current midfield have a good understanding and in a big, big game like this one, i think stability is important.

Also a bench of Karius, Klavan, TAA, Milner, Ox, Coutinho and Sturridge is pretty damn strong.

When players like Robertson, Solanke, Woodburn can't get a place on the bench shows how much stronger our squad is now.

Online jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: September 8, 2017, 01:26:13 am »

Yeah

Super sub if things do not go our way. Which is unlikely.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: September 8, 2017, 02:34:25 am »
Looking forward to this. City with their gallery of stars and playing at home by right should have the edge. However they have played less games than us hence appeared to be still feeling their way and searching for the right rhythm.

We on the other hand with 2 additional intense games with Hoffenheim seemed more ready. This may be the best time to play them at Etihad.

Expect us to play the same the team as vs Arsenal more or less. Mignolet to come in. The flank backs though can be either AA or Gomez and Moreno/Robertson. Leaning towards a more defensive pair of Gomez and Robertson. Coutinho and OC will give us a very strong bench

Going for 2-0 win. Yes - another clean sheet for the Redmen!
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #138 on: September 8, 2017, 04:39:43 am »
I dont understand why Robbo isnt nailed on at LB now, i know Kloppo is being tinker man at the back currently but we have to start the best players for each position, and he is.

We all remember Albie at City a few years back, i like the crazy fool as much as the next guy, but he isn't the best man for the job, Robbo is.

I think we've got to change our paradigm about 'nailed on'' starters. We simply don't have any behind the front 3. Even the GK isn't nailed on.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: September 8, 2017, 04:44:24 am »

I agree that he should be treated as if nothing happened in the window. However for purely practical purposes he hasnt trained up to the fitness of the squad and playing him from the start risks injury and ineffectiveness. Put him on as a substitute towards the later part of the game.

Offline Entropicity

• Anny Roader
« Reply #140 on: September 8, 2017, 05:13:40 am »
Good times when we can debate whether we should field Coutinho or not.  :wave

Wasn't in the recent past when we wouldn't trust any other than the first 11. At times debating who would suck less when the first 11 players were injured.

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #141 on: September 8, 2017, 06:02:51 am »
We should keep the midfield rock solid and tight. Hence we should start with Hendo Can Gini.
Coutinho AOC and Sturridge on the bench would be super strong. Personally feel that Coutinho will start the Sevilla game, and Ox the Burnley game.

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #142 on: September 8, 2017, 07:51:36 am »
Come on Redmen!!
Feels like a massive statement opportunity this. Feeling confident despite City being the only team that scare me pre match due to their individual ability. Same as Arsenal match except  TAA in for Gomes possibly. Phil to come on and score would be perfect script. Should be plenty of space behind their fullbacks for Salah and Mane to exploit.
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline Xabi_14_Alonso

• Main Stander
« Reply #143 on: September 8, 2017, 09:12:10 am »
Think we have a real chance to get a win here. The team are flying! 2-3 Liverpool win Mane*2 and Salah to score. We go 3-1 up early in the second half and concede late in the game. Nervy finish.

Offline DG

• Killjoy who loves himself.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lovern
« Reply #144 on: September 8, 2017, 09:23:55 am »
I think we've got to change our paradigm about 'nailed on'' starters. We simply don't have any behind the front 3. Even the GK isn't nailed on.
Matip, Lovren and Henderson play pretty much whenever fit. So that's 6/11 discouting the goalkeeper (even though I'd bet my house on Mignolet starting).

Offline Yesitsanextender

• Colonel Mustard in the en-suite bathroom with a lead pipe.
  • Anny Roader
  • i love klopp, kloppy klopp klopp, down in my belly
« Reply #145 on: September 8, 2017, 09:56:24 am »
City got any injuries?

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Online Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: September 8, 2017, 09:58:32 am »
City got any injuries?

Kompany might not make it. Always seems to do a 'Ledley King' when it comes to us though. So he'll probably start.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Kelvinlfc

• Legacy Fan
  • #JFT96
« Reply #148 on: September 8, 2017, 09:58:38 am »
Kompany.

That's a big one that, massive plus for us.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #150 on: September 8, 2017, 10:30:04 am »
The inverse of Ledley King.

Hahaha... Christ I remember that bastard. He might just have been the best British centre half I've seen - definitely up there if you consider you were watching him without training or functioning knees... and every time he'd rise Lazarus like for us and play out of his skin...

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #151 on: September 8, 2017, 10:58:33 am »
Our wing forwards vs their fullbacks is a battle and a half. Its probably where the game will be won, if we're nullified, we'll have to use the magician or big match player Wijnaldum to push forward and create something.

Worried about our backline in this game, but I think we'll get something ;)

did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline Kansti

• Legacy Fan
  • Stargazer
« Reply #152 on: September 8, 2017, 11:03:42 am »
Coutinho will come off the bench to seal the win for us. 2-1 win with gini scoring.

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #153 on: September 8, 2017, 11:39:22 am »
After the monotony of the International break, it’s great to have football back.

Fascinating game tomorrow. Can see a 1-1 but not without its dramas.

Think Phil and the Ox will come off the bench. I just feel that with our current midfield three, it provides protections to our back four. Robertson or Moreno? Think Alberto gets the nod, only because Klopp has had more time to prepare directly with him.

Kompany out for them is huge. We shall see…

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #154 on: September 8, 2017, 11:57:34 am »
If he's playing for Brazil he's match fit. And he's well integrated in the way we play, so I see neither if those as reasons for him not starting. Personally I think it depends on how klopp sees the game tactically , and who best to implement that.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: September 8, 2017, 12:04:56 pm »
Tactics for them are pretty straightforward: pass the ball round and let us chase it, tire us out and then go full-on the last half an hour. Hopefully, Klopp will tell the players to be patient and wait for a stray pass (because there will be one) before nailing them on the counter.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #156 on: September 8, 2017, 12:05:38 pm »
Feel quietly confident about this and now that's worrying me!

We know Klopp has a great record in the big games and our style seems to match up well against City's. We'll go there with no fear and have confidence we can do them a lot of damage.

On the flip side, their attacking options are very strong too and in all likelihood they'll create plenty of chances.

Last season's game there was one of the most enjoyable I'd seen in ages. Two attacking sides going at each other non stop for 90 minutes without much thought of bus parking, cynicism or any other blights that often ruin the big games.

Let's face it, any result is possible, and nothing would raise eyebrows to us but if we can go there and win it would really make the rest of the League sit up and take notice I think.

Online King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: September 8, 2017, 12:05:55 pm »
I am happy enough with the fact our team selection will be keeping Pep/City guessing, he likes to be organised so we may have a surprise or two to keep him on the back foot.

I do think Milner will get a run out at some stage (his experience and history with City could be needed) but feel Moreno deserves to start and prove he's up the job in the big games.

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: September 8, 2017, 12:06:18 pm »
If he's playing for Brazil he's match fit. And he's well integrated in the way we play, so I see neither if those as reasons for him not starting. Personally I think it depends on how klopp sees the game tactically , and who best to implement that.

He played 30 minutes against Ecuador and 15 against Colombia. 

Offline -Daws-

• Legacy Fan
  • No longer a teenage Rafa, still no goatee.
« Reply #159 on: September 8, 2017, 12:09:34 pm »

Conditioning is important to Klopp and Phil missed the last few weeks of pre season (and only has 50 competitive minutes under his belt this season), I think continuity will also play it's part.

The same side that dicked Arsenal, with Coutinho and Ox getting 25 minutes from the bench would be my prediction.
It's hard enough remembering my opinions without remembering my reasons for them.