Author Topic: MoTD thread  (Read 658810 times)

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: MOTD thread
« Reply #6560 on: March 7, 2020, 10:47:54 pm »
When is Danny Murphy never "pedantic" about us?  ::)

Whenever we have a good old English lad in charge he will be all praise the baldy prick

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6561 on: March 7, 2020, 10:48:33 pm »
Didnt like that commentator.

"Liverpool behind again"

"No clean sheet in 5"

pillock

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #6562 on: March 7, 2020, 10:50:11 pm »
What the fuck, Liverpool underpants?
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #6563 on: March 7, 2020, 10:50:16 pm »
Hopefully West Ham Arsenal pull their finger out and beat City when they play them.
« Last Edit: March 7, 2020, 10:52:42 pm by Morgana »

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #6564 on: March 7, 2020, 10:53:31 pm »

"Liverpool behind again"

"No clean sheet in 5"

pillock

Right on both counts but we won so why worry?

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6565 on: March 7, 2020, 10:54:52 pm »
David Moyes, record against

P      W     D      L      PPG
Chelsea FC   39   5   12   22   0,69
Arsenal FC   34   4   8   22   0,59
Liverpool FC   33   5   9   19   0,73
Manc United   27   4   6   17   0,67
Manchest City   31   13   4   14   1,39
Tot Hotspur   28   7   9   12   1,07

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6566 on: March 7, 2020, 10:56:49 pm »
The left back for Arsenal looks good. We’ve been linked to him, could prove to be a good understudy to Robbo
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6567 on: March 7, 2020, 11:02:32 pm »
How in the hell did West Ham lose that game. Terrible finishing.
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline DonkeyWan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6568 on: March 7, 2020, 11:06:27 pm »
Fucking hell, how did the ref ever think that was a yellow?

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6569 on: March 7, 2020, 11:31:02 pm »
Laughable how much of a better keeper Henderson is than Pickford.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6570 on: March 7, 2020, 11:47:18 pm »
"tremendous job, well done" of steve bruce.

amazing what a british passport does for expectations and praise

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #6571 on: March 8, 2020, 12:35:11 am »
Laughable how much of a better keeper Henderson is than Pickford.
It's absolutely shocking that the Sky and MOTD brigade were recently arguing that Pickford should keep his place because of his "experience"... This kid could pick up a Golden Glove: albeit Alisson has missed about 10 games and that's the only reason why he's not running away with it. But still... Sheffield's Henderson is top drawer (despite being a Manc) and Southgate would be stupid not to promote him.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6572 on: March 8, 2020, 10:09:43 am »
*player shoved from behind*

"Shoulder to shoulder!"

When narrative trumps evidence

Said yesterday that I was expecting that comment from them.
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6573 on: March 8, 2020, 10:11:28 am »
Wow even Oxygen thief Murphy said it was a foul - so it must have been. :shocked

Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #6574 on: March 9, 2020, 12:10:12 am »
Shearer’s MO is exactly the same week in, week out.

Nobody in football punditry is more guilty of fitting a false and contrived analysis to the score line when it doesn’t actually reflect the game. The winners, in Shearer’s world, always and without fail deserved the spoils. It’s beyond a joke and makes a mockery of the whole business of serious analysis.

City today were well below their very best and suffered from lack of penetration. Nevertheless, they were, overall, superior to United, conceded two goals from glaring goalkeeper mistakes, and had a very marginal offside goal disallowed. They had 70- odd % possession and were unquestionably the better team. It happens.

But Shearer has to justify the win - however selective he has to be in his editing; it’s crap, it’s dishonest, it’s lazy and self indulgent. He gets paid an obscene amount for his contributions and it’s just bad television. That we’re paying for.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6575 on: March 9, 2020, 12:13:44 am »
Shearer’s MO is exactly the same week in, week out.

Nobody in football punditry is more guilty of fitting a false and contrived analysis to the score line when it doesn’t actually reflect the game. The winners, in Shearer’s world, always and without fail deserved the spoils. It’s beyond a joke and makes a mockery of the whole business of serious analysis.

City today were well below their very best and suffered from lack of penetration. Nevertheless, they were, overall, superior to United, conceded two goals from glaring goalkeeper mistakes, and had a very marginal offside goal disallowed. They had 70- odd % possession and were unquestionably the better team. It happens.

But Shearer has to justify the win - however selective he has to be in his editing; it’s crap, it’s dishonest, it’s lazy and self indulgent. He gets paid an obscene amount for his contributions and it’s just bad television. That we’re paying for.

Have to disagree with you here, Robin. Possession is usually a good indicator of who will win but ultimately football is about having shots and not giving shots away. Man United were unquestionably better in both aspects today. They had more shots and more shots on target. xG had them way ahead too on 1.74-0.59. I think Man Utd were well worth the spoils today.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #6576 on: March 9, 2020, 12:46:05 am »
yeah, they where well worthy of the win today. Doesnt mean they actually played that well - they didn't, but that was the right result.   

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #6577 on: March 9, 2020, 10:29:09 am »
Have to disagree with you here, Robin. Possession is usually a good indicator of who will win but ultimately football is about having shots and not giving shots away. Man United were unquestionably better in both aspects today. They had more shots and more shots on target. xG had them way ahead too on 1.74-0.59. I think Man Utd were well worth the spoils today.

It’s no bad thing to disagree, we often do! The deep block, quick counter style that Utd. adopted worked yesterday, and City misfired. But the idea that Utd. were as good as Shearer tried to make out is risible. They put their bodies on the line, had some hairy moments and some luck, and benefitted from key moments going their way.

I truly believe Shearer is guilty as charged - he’s an awful pundit.

*(edit: I thought 15/4 for a home win was very generous, and had a few quid on Utd.)
« Last Edit: March 9, 2020, 10:31:25 am by Robinred »
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6578 on: March 9, 2020, 10:32:41 am »

"Liverpool behind again"

"No clean sheet in 5"

pillock
We had this shite at the start of the season when we typically let in around 1 per game and everyone made a big thing of it.
Don't bother with MOTD anymore, I'm just totally disinterested in anything they have to say.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6579 on: March 9, 2020, 12:51:27 pm »
Only £400k a year mate so not that much really....

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6580 on: March 10, 2020, 08:05:33 am »
It’s no bad thing to disagree, we often do! The deep block, quick counter style that Utd. adopted worked yesterday, and City misfired. But the idea that Utd. were as good as Shearer tried to make out is risible. They put their bodies on the line, had some hairy moments and some luck, and benefitted from key moments going their way.

I truly believe Shearer is guilty as charged - he’s an awful pundit.

*(edit: I thought 15/4 for a home win was very generous, and had a few quid on Utd.)

I have to agree with Gerry, City were woeful and looking at those possession figures, a team like Wolves would be proud of those. Yet we don't talk about Wolves as being lucky or having poor tactics, its quite the opposite actually, they are seen as a well drilled dangerous outfit - they did the double over City whilst hardly having a kick in the first game. You seem to be suggesting that City are this perfect football machine with perfect tactics but the truth of the matter is that you know exactly what you are going to get with City, they dominate possession with technically gifted players, but this can be countered with good defending in key areas and being aggressive. I believe that whilst they have gifted players it is possible to overpower their midfield and I thought Fred and Matic played well.

You also seem to be forgetting how Liverpool beat them 3-1 this season, City completely dominated the first period of the game and Liverpool 'appeared' to be on the ropes. We played similar tactics to Wolves and United and prevailed, but it was anything but easy, I remember writing a piece about it. 

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=343943.msg16889149#msg16889149

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #6581 on: March 10, 2020, 09:11:14 am »
I have to agree with Gerry, City were woeful and looking at those possession figures, a team like Wolves would be proud of those. Yet we don't talk about Wolves as being lucky or having poor tactics, its quite the opposite actually, they are seen as a well drilled dangerous outfit - they did the double over City whilst hardly having a kick in the first game. You seem to be suggesting that City are this perfect football machine with perfect tactics but the truth of the matter is that you know exactly what you are going to get with City, they dominate possession with technically gifted players, but this can be countered with good defending in key areas and being aggressive. I believe that whilst they have gifted players it is possible to overpower their midfield and I thought Fred and Matic played well.

You also seem to be forgetting how Liverpool beat them 3-1 this season, City completely dominated the first period of the game and Liverpool 'appeared' to be on the ropes. We played similar tactics to Wolves and United and prevailed, but it was anything but easy, I remember writing a piece about it. 

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=343943.msg16889149#msg16889149

They dominated the first 10 minutes not the whole 90 for fuck sake  ;D
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #6582 on: March 10, 2020, 09:12:44 am »

I think we are seeing the results of Pep not replacing Silva, Aguero, Kompany and Fernandinho (who he inherited). His short term stint involved taking a good side and buying in lots of players who aren’t up to his demands to provide possession for the real danger men. He hasn’t replaced them, merely “sweated the asset”. Now we are seeing a lack of penetration without Silva; a back 4 that looks ropey and his tactical foul blanket player is being used as a centre half, despite having Stones and Otamendi and others. Aguero is starting to pick up little knocks (he has always had issues with hamstrings and tears, but now it it knocks that are taking their toll). Replacing a talent like his is proving hard.
Will Pep stay to rebuild?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 09:16:01 am by 12C »
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #6583 on: March 31, 2020, 08:57:01 pm »
I cannot wait until I hear this intro again.
Y.N.W.A.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #6584 on: March 31, 2020, 08:58:22 pm »

You can probably find it on YouTube.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #6585 on: March 31, 2020, 10:22:59 pm »
Saturday night as usual, they're showing shite Top 10 programmes with Lineker, Shearer and Wright if you're desperate.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #6586 on: April 25, 2020, 11:07:17 pm »
This MOTD show on right now has actually been pretty fun, Ian Wright is having the best time and his story about Steve Bruce was really funny.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6587 on: April 25, 2020, 11:22:32 pm »
We are on right now against Everton.

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #6588 on: April 25, 2020, 11:23:46 pm »
Biscan and Traore as the centre backs, good lord.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #6589 on: April 25, 2020, 11:25:37 pm »
Biscan and Traore as the centre backs, good lord.

Looks like Biscan went off injured in the first half but we had Diao to call on to shore things up. Mad that Carragher still couldn’t get a game at centre back.

Some filthy challenges in this game!

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #6590 on: April 25, 2020, 11:28:08 pm »
Yep, Everton looked abysmal.  Nothing ever changes.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #6591 on: April 25, 2020, 11:33:08 pm »

I do have vague memories of this game but I don’t recall them being ahead of us at the time although it was out shocking season. Sounds like a typical Derby build up with them being over confident beforehand.

I did chuckle seeing their starting line up. Two centre backs at full back and two full backs in the wing. Classic Moyesey.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6592 on: April 26, 2020, 12:10:37 pm »
I do have vague memories of this game but I don’t recall them being ahead of us at the time although it was out shocking season. Sounds like a typical Derby build up with them being over confident beforehand.

I did chuckle seeing their starting line up. Two centre backs at full back and two full backs in the wing. Classic Moyesey.

You dont remember the power shift on Merseyside led by Moyes ? Some of our fans have short memories  ::)

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #6593 on: April 26, 2020, 12:12:02 pm »
You dont remember the power shift on Merseyside led by Moyes ? Some of our fans have short memories  ::)

Haha not that season. More so 04/05 but I don’t remember 02/03 so much, probably tried to wipe a lot of it from memory.

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #6594 on: April 26, 2020, 01:19:11 pm »

Ha, said this to Mrs LS earlier, loud booing as we came out. Had forgotten how good Murphy's goal was, although he wasn't slow to mention it.

You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6595 on: April 26, 2020, 07:29:26 pm »
This MOTD show on right now has actually been pretty fun, Ian Wright is having the best time and his story about Steve Bruce was really funny.

They've been good actually. All 3 of them are out of cliched pundit mode and are telling some great, honest stories. I suspect Wrighty is enjoying the booze during it.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #6596 on: April 26, 2020, 08:50:42 pm »
02/03 was such a frustrating season for us, we had a great start, clear at the top start of November then couldn't buy a win in the league until middle of January 11 went without a league win, highlight was doing the red Mancs in Cardiff.
#Sausages

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #6597 on: April 27, 2020, 09:31:03 am »
They've been good actually. All 3 of them are out of cliched pundit mode and are telling some great, honest stories. I suspect Wrighty is enjoying the booze during it.

I think I've enjoyed Football Focus more than I usually do these last few weeks as well. Sack off the bores sitting in the studio permanently from now on I reckon!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6598 on: May 2, 2020, 07:42:48 pm »
MOTD top ten tonight is players who never played for any of the traditional "big six". I can think of:

Shearer
Le Tissier
Vardy
Okocha
Di Canio
Speed
Juninho

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #6599 on: June 20, 2020, 10:42:51 pm »