Author Topic: The Daniel Sturridge  (Read 287831 times)

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
Re: The Daniel Sturridge
« Reply #80 on: July 24, 2018, 12:21:23 am »
Being allowed to choose from 7 subs this season may make a massive difference  whether Daniel Sturridge stays or goes. I think being one in seven is great news for him as the alternative is being in the stand .

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: July 24, 2018, 12:30:46 am »
The latest article from the Telegraph and the Echo states that we are set to sell/loan out Origi,Ings,Markovic,Ojo,Woodburn, no mention of Sturridge.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #82 on: July 24, 2018, 12:46:37 am »
Imagine, though...

Kieta Mane Firmino Fabinho and the two fullbacks are all basically box to box runners.  ;D then you've got 2 pacy centrebacks  a totally elite striker and a balon dor shortlister with stunning pace.

Not enough running in that team.

Signed Forest Gump
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #83 on: July 24, 2018, 01:31:02 am »
I can only go by me eyes but he looks fitter, stronger, more robust and more of a provider for others than previous pre-seasons.

Maybe that work on his hols in the States did him good, maybe the penny dropped that he needs to play through a bit of pain now as his career shortens, maybe as many have said, the West Brom loan blew his mind and he's determined not to get moved on from the Club, maybe he's realised the utter class of Keita and how many through balls the lad's going to hand him on a plate?

Bit of all of that plus the fact he's brilliant for morale around the club and is mentoring Brewster. Hendo and Studge are our elder statesmen, know the club inside out, we missed Lucas's influence at times last year, it's going to be great to have a motivated Sturridge back.

Yep, I'm in again  ;D

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: July 24, 2018, 01:34:07 am »
I am sure he was gutted that he left in January and then miss the entire run to the CL final, and not be involved any way. Granted he got injured at West Brom, but being around the lads at the time who knows, he may have wanted to experience that with us.

It could be one of the reasons he is additionally motivated.

Offline Shady Craig

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: July 24, 2018, 01:34:48 am »
Hopefully he can not just stay fit but keep the signs that he's adjusting better to our style like he has done so far this pre season. Until he's proven the former we can only think of him now as a bonus, albeit a expensive one, but he's definitely got the talent I'd rather see coming off the bench when we need something.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #86 on: July 24, 2018, 01:51:18 am »
I am sure he was gutted that he left in January and then miss the entire run to the CL final, and not be involved any way. Granted he got injured at West Brom, but being around the lads at the time who knows, he may have wanted to experience that with us.

It could be one of the reasons he is additionally motivated.

Good point, I remember thinking of him and Grujic, how they would have got games had they been here on that run instead of out on loan.

edit

… and if fit, Sturridge wouldn't have been the worst option off the bench when you need goals in a European Cup Final  :P
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 01:57:46 am by Redsnappa »

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #87 on: July 24, 2018, 02:27:35 am »
Being allowed to choose from 7 subs this season may make a massive difference  whether Daniel Sturridge stays or goes. I think being one in seven is great news for him as the alternative is being in the stand .

Extremely good point. I think this is going to make a world of difference.

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
« Reply #88 on: July 24, 2018, 02:33:39 am »
please please please stay fit, Daniel.

I want to believe.

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: July 24, 2018, 03:18:01 am »
His head seems to be in the right place now, which is really encouraging. Maybe he needed a good ego knocking by being at West Brom and missing the England squad for the World Cup. If this is what it takes to get him in the zone this season then that’s great. 10 goals this season as an impact player should be well within his reach. On his day he oozes quality and we need those lock pickers against deep lying teams.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: July 24, 2018, 03:35:38 am »
Let me tell you what will happen.

Daniel will play a few games and score some goals.

Then he'll get picked for England and come back completely fucked!
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: July 24, 2018, 04:12:26 am »
A fit Sturbridge is a 50/60 million pound signing.  Massive massive gamble though obviously because knowing him he will bang them jn pre season and break his leg or something first start he has.

Would be an absolute dream though if he doesn't though.
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #92 on: July 24, 2018, 06:58:23 am »
Excellent option off the bench, as first backup to Firmino. Would be on the bench with Shaqiri as an attacking option, with 20-25 mins in almost all games, with the odd start in the league and starts in all cups. I think he'd take it, we'd take it. Think he can be a vital player for us.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #93 on: July 24, 2018, 07:34:52 am »
Listening to the LFC.TV interview and playing armchair psychologist it seems to me he has accepted his bit part role and is willing to help out in anyway he can. The arrogance (on the pitch) but on and off the pitch he seems like more of a team player.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #94 on: July 24, 2018, 07:37:12 am »
Let me tell you what will happen.

Daniel will play a few games and score some goals.

Then he'll get picked for England and come back completely fucked!

Sturridge should retire from international football. His first big and major injury (that kept him out for months rather than weeks) happened on their watch.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #95 on: July 24, 2018, 07:48:23 am »
He seems well up for the season, which is good to see let's hope he can play an important part in it.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #96 on: July 24, 2018, 07:54:58 am »
Having him fit for entire season - that would be like a new signing, a very good new signing.

Is he 100% fit now though?
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: July 24, 2018, 07:56:58 am »
Sturridge finds himself, as if by accident, part of one of the most exciting teams in Europe, in sharp contrast to his experience last year. Klopp finds himself with a classy striker whose fitness he does not trust. We go again, with fingers crossed.

[Regarding his fitness, I notice Klopp said he's taken part in 'nearly all' of the training sessions.]

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #98 on: July 24, 2018, 08:25:18 am »
Has Sturridge every put in a decent performance coming on a sub? From what I can vaguely remember, he'd come on, be rusty and everyone goes "Give him a few games" and then he'd break again.
That's funny cause I remember the complete opposite. He was a man possessed against Chelsea, and then that header against Everton to give us a point. He'd be out for months but then come back and wouldn't look out of place in a PL game - showed how much graft he'd do on conditioning when he's out.

I'll echo the point that as a sub there's no one I'd trust more to come and change a game, I'd question whether he was happy with that role in the past but right now I think he'd be okay being the support
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #99 on: July 24, 2018, 08:41:54 am »
The fact that you have to ask this on Rawk is mind boggling

Unfortunately look at previous history with Lucas, Henderson and recently Karius.

And it's amazing how some players get a pass.

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: July 24, 2018, 08:43:42 am »
Sturridge should retire from international football. His first big and major injury (that kept him out for months rather than weeks) happened on their watch.

That's why I typed what I did. Brendan had him on a completely different training program. Same with Torres and Spain.
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #101 on: July 24, 2018, 08:59:16 am »
Ever since we started using 433 all our no.9s except Firmino struggle badly whether it's Sturridge, Origi, Ings or Solanke. It's not easy to lead the line on your own in this formation, they look isolated almost every time and it's twice as hard for strikers as we don't have and out-and-out creative player as Kdb, Ozil, Fabregas - guys who can create quality chances for strikers even against parked buses.

However we've seen many times when we do go with two up top or Bobby as a second striker behind them these strikers come to life and have really good games. For me that's the answer and if we're gonna use Sturridge this season we have to make sure Bobby is behind him or Salah/Solanke are up there with him.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: July 24, 2018, 09:04:01 am »
It's the hope that kills you.  ;)

I'm fully expecting him to get injured sooner rather than later.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: July 24, 2018, 09:11:25 am »
*crosses fingers*

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #104 on: July 24, 2018, 09:12:48 am »
God damn it, he always gets my hopes up. He also has a great sense of humor, his updates on the tour are hilarious.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: July 24, 2018, 09:15:34 am »

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: July 24, 2018, 09:30:55 am »
No problem with him staying - always had a soft spot for him... just bloody stay fit!

Btw how good was he in the 13/14 season?!?! https://twitter.com/gagstandon/status/1021482031375638528?s=21

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: July 24, 2018, 09:32:26 am »
No problem with him staying - always had a soft spot for him... just bloody stay fit!

Btw how good was he in the 13/14 season?!?! https://twitter.com/gagstandon/status/1021482031375638528?s=21

We were a joy to watch that season, Sturridge looked unplayable.

Offline deadsetred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: July 24, 2018, 09:36:03 am »
Sadly its not a matter of good or bad luck when it comes to Sturridge getting injured. His body just won't hold up over a season.

I wonder, if we are keeping him, whether we've accepted this and have him on a completely diff training program to minimise chances of injury at the expense of him being able to apply a scrap of defensive pressure. Probably worthwhile if so, at least gives us goals off the bench.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #109 on: July 24, 2018, 09:39:03 am »
Sadly its not a matter of good or bad luck when it comes to Sturridge getting injured. His body just won't hold up over a season.

I wonder, if we are keeping him, whether we've accepted this and have him on a completely diff training program to minimise chances of injury at the expense of him being able to apply a scrap of defensive pressure. Probably worthwhile if so, at least gives us goals off the bench.

The likelihood is that we will have a completely new defensive unit, bar Lovren at the start of the season, with a combative DM in Fabinho. In some games the defensive unit should be able to cope better with pressure.

Offline The Istvan Kozma Fan Club

• Kopite
« Reply #110 on: July 24, 2018, 09:51:14 am »
Going from Klopp to Pardew's a massive life lesson to anyone.

It's like rolling off a bed of roses and falling into a cesspool?

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #111 on: July 24, 2018, 09:55:30 am »
what is this? am i missing something?
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: July 24, 2018, 10:00:26 am »

We’ve had seven subs for a good few years now

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #113 on: July 24, 2018, 10:01:17 am »
As a 'bonus' (and home-grown) player in the squad it's a no-brainer to keep him for his final year rather than subsidising his wages elsewhere.

The issue is that our other alternatives to Firmino aren't up to the grade. If we could loan Solanke, sell Ings and Origi, then have Firmino, Sturridge and one other, that'd be a very healthy position to be in.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #114 on: July 24, 2018, 10:01:54 am »

Nearly 10 years isn't it?  ;D

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: July 24, 2018, 10:09:19 am »
Nearly 10 years isn't it?  ;D
thats what i was thinking

about 2008 or so

Offline SA RED

• Anny Roader
« Reply #116 on: July 24, 2018, 10:12:13 am »
Still only 28  ;)

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: July 24, 2018, 10:13:39 am »
We were a joy to watch that season, Sturridge looked unplayable.
he has been unplayable for about 4 years now too

Offline anoopvk

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #118 on: July 24, 2018, 10:43:32 am »
he has been unplayable for about 4 years now too
;D

Hopefuly he can do a RVP .

Imagine chasing a goal and we have Sturridge and Shaqiri to come on.
"We must turn from doubters to believers"

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: July 24, 2018, 10:46:06 am »
Love Danny, not many will agree but our most naturally gifted player for me

Any excuse to post this gem too...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/KBe0sPwg1Ak" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/KBe0sPwg1Ak</a>