Author Topic: Thank you Carra!  (Read 53850 times)

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Thank you Carra!
« Reply #160 on: May 18, 2013, 11:48:04 pm »
The best natural defender of his generation. A proper scouser. A Red on the pitch. Clone and bottle his passion. Mr Liverpool. Thank you.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #161 on: May 18, 2013, 11:53:49 pm »
I can't give a higher compliment to a player than to say that when you see Carragher play, he makes you want to go out and play a game yourself.

Inspirational character, Liverpool legend, great role model.

Thank you, Carra.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: May 18, 2013, 11:58:16 pm »
Less than 24 hours left of Carra's Liverpool career, it's just a saddening thought.  My lad and his cousins have never known a Liverpool side without him.  I have so much respect for this man, proper legend in an era when the word is thrown about too often.

Offline HoinkDoink

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #163 on: May 19, 2013, 12:00:29 am »
Thank You Carra

Liverpool FC
Stop for the Klopp!

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=294839.0 - RAWK Soccer Manager Thread, Come Play

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #164 on: May 19, 2013, 01:42:50 am »
Today's the day :(

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #165 on: May 19, 2013, 01:43:28 am »
The Teddy Bear thing?
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: May 19, 2013, 01:49:19 am »
I hope everyone realises that they have to make all the paper mosaic sheets into paper planes and bombard him with them when he walks around after the match.
He'll appreciate that.
*sighs* you being an engineer should appreciate recycling as much as the next stupid person.

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #167 on: May 19, 2013, 02:20:25 am »

Bad isn't it  :(
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline AriGold

• David James's stunt double
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #168 on: May 19, 2013, 02:33:34 am »
Legend.
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Twitter... www.twitter.com/wickolfc

Offline Merseyside Red

• Boys Pen
« Reply #169 on: May 19, 2013, 02:48:16 am »
Thank you for everything, Jamie.

You'll never walk alone!

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: May 19, 2013, 04:36:45 am »
Am I right (fixed) in saying that this is the first time since 1969 that a Liverpool player has retired from the game having only ever played for us.

The'll build a statue for this lad one day, maybe even a stand.

YNWA JC.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 06:22:05 am by BarryCrocker »
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #171 on: May 19, 2013, 04:48:46 am »
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: May 19, 2013, 05:29:49 am »
The man has contributed to some of the best moments of my life, legend is an understatement i wish him nothing but the best.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: May 19, 2013, 05:58:21 am »
The man has contributed to some of the best moments of my life, legend is an understatement i wish him nothing but the best.

It's funny how he's actually played a pretty direct role in two of our most important goals. Crossing the ball in to Mellor for the Gerrard Olympiakos strike, and playing a ball into Baros? before Gerrard won the pen for the 3rd goal in Istanbul

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #174 on: May 19, 2013, 06:09:01 am »
We all dream of a team of Carraghers. Always.

He's the complete opposite of the modern footballer, epitomizes class and humility. 737 games. There'll never be another Carra.

Thanks for contributing to some of the best days of my life with your performances Carra, hope he gets to bow out with a win.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline FresnoBee

• Fresno A was the brainier brother.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: May 19, 2013, 06:19:29 am »
Legend in every sense of the word. Hope he remains at the club for any (meaningful) position.

Offline StrikingMidfield

• Legacy Fan
  • A red and green heart
« Reply #176 on: May 19, 2013, 06:24:12 am »
Am I write in saying that this is the first time since 1969 that a Liverpool player has retired from the game having only ever played for us.

The'll build a statue for this lad one day, maybe even a stand.

YNWA JC.
Bloody love that idea! Outside Anfield, make it with him holding the 05 Champions League title. Not sure if it would really be his "style" (I know everyone here knows what I mean by that), but he sure bloody deserves it.

You'll Never Walk Alone Carra! Whether you're suiting up to play for us, coaching or teaching Gary about Football, you'll always have the support of Liverpool (as a city and a club!!) behind you!  :scarf
Liverpool FC - Seattle Sounders FC

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #177 on: May 19, 2013, 09:11:57 am »
Today I'll be 23.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: May 19, 2013, 09:58:05 am »
Going to be gutted later, what a legend. Last two seasons not his best but I have to say he's improved this year, given everything
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #179 on: May 19, 2013, 10:43:48 am »
It will be a strange and sad day on the first game of next season knowing Carra won't be playing. He's not only a legend, he's OUR legend and his career (especially that extraordinary night in Istanbul) will be remembered forever. Hope we get a late penalty and he steps up to smash it in. We'll miss you Carra, thanks for everything you mentalist  ;D

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #180 on: May 19, 2013, 10:52:04 am »
In the town, where I was born,
Lives a man whose great to see.
Liverbird upon his chest.
And on his back is 23.

Number One is Carragher
Number Two is Carragher
Number Three is Carragher
Number Four is Carragher

Carragher!

We all dream of a team of Carraghers
A team of Carraghers
A team of Carraghers
We all dream of a team of Carraghers
A team of Carraghers
A team of Carraghers
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: May 19, 2013, 11:56:25 am »
So goodbye to the reddest of blues, the 23 Carra Gold, a fucking proper Liverpool player.

Jamie, whatever you do from now on, I'm sure you'll do it with the same passion and commitment you gave the club and all those years of service.
all the best mate, and thanks, really, thank you for the memories.
hinesy
Yep.

Offline Chavasse1917

• Legacy Fan
  • “Winning trophies has made me put on weight.”
« Reply #182 on: May 19, 2013, 12:08:22 pm »
"Post your wishes to Carragher here":

Dear Jamie,

I wish....you'd reconsider your decision.  We are going to lose one hell of an influence in the dressing room when you have gone.

If you have to go then thanks for everything you have done, you were always "us" on the pitch.
"Everything has an end...except a sausage, which has two".

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #183 on: May 19, 2013, 12:14:13 pm »
Jamie

Firstly, thanks for taking the time to come on to RAWK to read this thread. I'm just glad I got mine in at the top as you will no doubt get bored by the time you reach page 15, and will just be glancing through. Let us know when you read it, so we can all follow your username and posts.

My regular match-going days and your LFC career have pretty much run side-by-side, so I hope you will miss seeing me in the crowd as much as I will miss seeing you play for the Reds. Somehow I doubt it though. Thanks for everything. Legend. And I mean true legend, not Igor Biscan type legend.

All the Best

Stoz
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 12:18:50 pm by stoz »

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: May 19, 2013, 12:22:48 pm »
ha ha ;D Stoz mate, you're not wrong, but sometimes we can get the links to the players if they ever do want to take a look.
Yep.

Offline Shady Craig

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: May 19, 2013, 12:22:52 pm »
Dear Jaime

Thank you for all your service to the cause , putting your body on the line time and time again, to reach 737 games with one club in this age is phenomenal, I'm just glad I got to watch you do it with us, because you are one of us
Also thanks for going all those years without any incidents off the pitch (we will forget the Xmas party ;D) . Not had to read any red top exclusives about you which is also rare, you just did your job professionally in and off the pitch, and for that I salute you
Carra you legend

Edit: oh and thanks for trying to break Nani's leg ,fucking loved that ;D
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 12:38:34 pm by Shady77 »

Offline Red Ol

• 82 years in this crazy world and still plays with Lego
  • Legacy Fan
  • Children of the night. What music they make.
« Reply #186 on: May 19, 2013, 12:25:35 pm »
Thank you for everything Carra.
Your passion and commitment was consistently immense.
You put your heart and soul into it and we won't forget your loyalty and your huge contribution to this club. 

As you embark on your new career I know you’ll keep it as honest as you did when you played.  The media is full of halfwits and show offs, and I’m very confident that you’ll use your platform to put some of these idiots back in the box where they belong.

Always one of us Jamie
Thanks you
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain

Offline dorsetgill

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: May 19, 2013, 12:35:22 pm »
Jamie thanks for your 100% commitment over the years.Will miss you.Hope to see you back at Anfield one day.YNWA

Offline GlenJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
« Reply #188 on: May 19, 2013, 12:37:45 pm »
Wow, this day really is now isn't it.

Wish him all the best, hope to see him back at the club soon.

As others have said, the word legend is used way to much in modern football, but if I ever saw one, our Jamie Carragher is the definition of a legend. YNWA
Manchester United could win fifty titles, but they will always be the Rolling Stones of football. Good, just not quite that band from Liverpool.

You should literally be skinned for such a fucking daft answer :o

Offline LucasL21

• Main Stander
« Reply #189 on: May 19, 2013, 12:42:39 pm »
Thanks for all the passion Jamie, showed what being a red is all about.

Good luck with everything.

"Those weren't lucky goals, born out of desperation, they were masterpieces of passion."

JFT96

Offline Right Said Red

• I'm too self-righteous for this Orum! Not an expert. Monumental Idiot.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: May 19, 2013, 12:43:03 pm »
Class on and off the field.

You won a bunch of trophies, gave your all in whatever position you were asked to play, always spoke brilliantly for the club (who's bigger than Liverpool?), were one of the best centre backs in the world around 2005 and good luck in the future at sky.

Offline Mashy-rawr!nooo

• Oordeers friiees wiith hiis whoopers!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Once upon a time.....
« Reply #191 on: May 19, 2013, 12:45:23 pm »
Jamie

You were and are magnificent. You represent everything Liverpool has and will stand for. You a titan among men and a true hero. I'll never forget watching you put in that last ditch tackle against Sheva in Istanbul. You cramped yourself in the process but you didn't give a fuck. You kept going and you fought for the shirt. In a modern game where very few players remain loyal to their clubs, you are an inspiration to the core.

A fantastic player and an ultimate legend.

Thank you Jamie.
My Grammar is shit. I no it and you no it.
They're Stoke. They throw sticks at aeroplanes there

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #192 on: May 19, 2013, 12:47:01 pm »
Are Jamie
who art in heaven
Defending be thy name
thy hoofed clearance be done
as it is in shooting
give us you daily scream
a defenders scream
And forgive us for playing a man on
as we forgive you for moving like a tortoise
But deliver us from losing
for thine is the number 23
the scowl and fury
for ever and ever
Are man.

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #193 on: May 19, 2013, 12:49:05 pm »
Thanks for embodying what it means to be a Liverpool player over the years.

23 Carra Gold.
We're on our way to glory...

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: May 19, 2013, 12:50:47 pm »
Dear Jamie,

I started watching football around about the 1997 season, only a 7 year old scouse lad with dreams of ever becoming good enough to play for the red men, week in week out. I never got the chance to live that dream, but you lived it for me, you showed me that it was possible, you embody everything the people of Liverpool stand for. Pride, Passion, Commitment and a never waving sense of strength that not many people have.

You're a true legend of the club and the city, you're the hero to children and men everywhere who have always wanted to pull on the shirt, a footballing man through and through and a true gentleman of the game.

Going to miss knowing that everything will be fine at the back because you're willing to throw your body on the line, all the best Carra and enjoy retirement!

You'll Never Walk Alone!

Offline Koplord

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #195 on: May 19, 2013, 12:52:10 pm »
Jamie

Thanks you for giving 110% every time you stepped on the pitch
Thanks for every tackle and block
Thanks for being one of us on the pitch
Thanks for your loyalty
And Thank you for that studs showing tackle on Nani

Thank you for everything Carra

YNWA
If I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: May 19, 2013, 12:55:39 pm »
Dear Jamie,

If Steve Gerrard had fucked off to Chelsea, I'd have a son named Jamie. But he stayed. Thanks for everything. Even the own goals. Even the goal against Kaunas, and the spectacular volley against Fulham. You've got the best goal celebration I've ever seen. I'd have twatted that c*nt with a pound too. And I'd have twatted Arbeloa at West Brom. Was Jerzy scared of you when you were gesticulating before the pens in Istanbul? Looked like he was. I had a dream. You've lived it.

Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: May 19, 2013, 12:57:46 pm »
Hope you come and watch us every week next season and we win the title.

Offline Chindits

• It's important to me
  • Legacy Fan
  • L4 Scal-Qaeda Cyber Terrorist Cell
    • ccTwitter
« Reply #198 on: May 19, 2013, 12:58:14 pm »
Ta La.
YNWA

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: May 19, 2013, 12:58:18 pm »
Hope you come and watch us every week next season and we win the title.
and the following season you are watching every week when we win the European Cup.