Author Topic: Roberto Firmino  (Read 2002090 times)

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Roberto Firmino
« on: January 24, 2016, 10:41:31 am »
He's really beginning to look a very good player isn't he. Clever movement, intelligent passing, getting into the right positions in and around the box and developing an understanding with a few other players, plus a few tidy finishes recently.

It takes time to adapt into a new league and team, and we haven't exactly been an easy team for new players to settle into the past two seasons, but he has shown flashes all season and hopefully can now show some consistency.

I think he could be devastating playing with Sturridge up front as a mobile and fluid front two. He needs to be close to the oppositions goal as he is one of our biggest threats, it will be interesting going into next season what Klopp's vision for the team is but I think Firmino will be central to his plans.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Roberto Firmino
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 10:44:19 am »
On course for about 10 goals and 10 assists this season, I think that'd qualify as a good opening gambit at the club.

Offline Chig

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA!
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2016, 10:45:12 am »
Have said it since the start that he is going to need time to adjust and he will be a very good player for us. I am glad that is starting to show now, hope we will see the real Firmino next season.
KD7 SG8 RF9 JB10

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2016, 10:50:16 am »
He's ticking along very nicely now, imagine if we ever get to see him play a consistent run of games alongside Coutinho and Sturridge.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline an fear dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2016, 10:51:42 am »
5 goals and 5 assists in around 1400 minutes and he's really only finding his feet.  These stats are similar to a little Uruguayan in his first season with us.  I really think that he will be a top, top player and if we get the other Tex in then the front line will be potentially devastating with Phil and Adam, never mind Sturridge if he ever gets fit.  He could hit 15 goals this season as I reckon he has the smell for it now.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2016, 10:54:07 am »
He could hit 15 goals this season as I reckon he has the smell for it now.

It definitely seems like he's got his head around English football somewhat over the last few games, which in itself is a sign of an intelligent footballer.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2016, 10:55:25 am »
Big fan of his despite his inconsistency. He'll be absolutely boss next season having had a season under his belt to adapt
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 12:17:37 pm by DangerScouse »

Offline Sooty89!!!

• Simpleton with a Repressed Replica Top Fetish.
  • Kopite
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2016, 11:01:50 am »
Really starting to look a good player, his control and finish for his 2nd yesterday was spot on! I reckon he will be flying next season!

Offline Boer_War

• Main Stander
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2016, 11:18:26 am »
Id like to see a bit more fight in him.

He stuttered with a 50/50 with the keeper. And I recall him ducking out of other challenges.

You could tell he wasn't comfortable with his back to goal yesterday. But I guess that's where him playing with an out and out striker will help.
Get 8% cash back from the official store

http://www.quidco.com/user/4882829

Offline Chig

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA!
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2016, 11:21:33 am »
Id like to see a bit more fight in him.

He stuttered with a 50/50 with the keeper. And I recall him ducking out of other challenges.

You could tell he wasn't comfortable with his back to goal yesterday. But I guess that's where him playing with an out and out striker will help.

With all the injuries we got at the moment, I am happy for him to stay away from the 50/50s.
KD7 SG8 RF9 JB10

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2016, 11:25:33 am »
I think his lack of English probably hasn't helped. As he gets a better understanding of the language he'll be able to better understand what's being said to him on the pitch where you don't have time to be translating everything to cater for everyone's languages
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2016, 11:30:11 am »
These stats are similar to a little Uruguayan in his first season with us.
It`s eerily similar how bright both are in the final third and how similar their movements are. Luis never really got to his best level with us until we signed Sturridge who was a perfect partner for him. Firmino will need similar kind of help as well.

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2016, 11:32:58 am »
Sometimes very casual on the pitch like your screaming move for the ball!!  But a wonderfully gifted player who can become huge for us

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2016, 11:37:29 am »
Think  he has a long way to go, but I'm sure he'll continue to contribute. Probably some way off being at the absolute top, but if everything falls into place he's a good person to have around :)

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2016, 11:40:00 am »
Doing really well and not in his best position.

Offline Flinstone

• Whatever you like. Would like to slip it in without making it awkward... Chinese Information Minister
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2016, 11:47:43 am »
He looked good from day one when he came on and flicked the ball over the defender when it was dead.

People these days just got no patience.
The West is finished, China is the future

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2016, 11:59:29 am »
Watching his compilation yesterday I was staggered by the number of audacious moves he's already pulled off. But most of the brilliance is individual and contained right now. He just needs at least one other player who's completely on his wavelength to explode. Whether that's cou or sturridge coming back, or texeira arriving... We'll see.

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2016, 12:06:02 pm »
He is the closest thing to Suarez we've had since Luis's departure. His movement is first class, while he could easily have three extra assists if it weren't for poor finishing by others.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2016, 12:07:13 pm »
Big fan of his despite his inconsistency. He'll be absolutely boss next season having had a season under his belt to adopt

He's a great talent but has his quiet games. If you've got more quality like Coutinho, Texiera and Sturridge around him then you can afford him to have quiet games.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2016, 12:08:47 pm »
Said he'd come good when he has time to settle in and get used to the league, those writing him off already were foolish. Has all the attributes needed to make it in the Prem, has the attitude and work rate to be a top player. Can't help but imagine if he was fast too he'd be a £50m+ player, although in that case he'd probably be at a top club
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2016, 12:10:23 pm »
This should be his theme tune:

Chico Science & Nação Zumbi - Maracatu Atômico

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JIiX34ZsoJs&amp;app=desktop" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JIiX34ZsoJs&amp;app=desktop</a>

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JIiX34ZsoJs

If one of the AV whizzes wants to put a compilation together, I'm happy to crowd fund it (2 or 3 pints)
You could have all three Brazilians on it & Flanagan

The senna version is the best mix of course

Ta
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 08:45:33 am by kavah »

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2016, 12:22:26 pm »
I was expecting a debut season similar to Ozil's so I'm pleasantly surprised to see that he's settling this early.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2016, 12:24:54 pm »
Yep well done Bobby, really pleased to see him get some goals of late. Don't think he's quite where we want him to be yet but he's definitely getting there and hopefully if we can bring in a goalscorer in the window it will only make him more productive.

Offline keyo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2016, 12:34:42 pm »
He's a great talent but has his quiet games. If you've got more quality like Coutinho, Texiera and Sturridge around him then you can afford him to have quiet games.

Put more quality around (and ahead) of him and he will have fewer quiet games. He clearly works better when linking up. Often, even against norwich, he has been isolated as noone is running ahead of him as he drags defenders out of position.
Quality player who has so far shown glimpses. Hopefully we will see alot more. But as in germany i hope he will impress with his numbers - goals and assists - and he is already on his way.
Joey's ate the frogs legs, made the swiss roll, now he's munchin' gladbach!!

Offline Miltonred

• Does the "M" in Mod stand for morons?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Does the M in Milton stand for Moron?
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2016, 12:35:48 pm »
Starting to see what all the fuss was about. I'd say starting in the Sunderland game where he was robbed of a couple of goals by their keeper, then robbed two assists by Benteke and Ibe.
The Arsenal game and now yesterday's game, he has got the reward for his effort.

Comparisons to Suarez are both premature and a bit reckless.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2016, 12:38:28 pm »
He's stepping up now and getting goals hope he can keep it up!

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2016, 12:42:21 pm »
Is playing very well right now. I actually found his game against Utd quite effective and pleasing in the way he held his own up front. He needs to continue his form through to the end of the season.

Whilst he is a forward i dont think I see him as a striker alone. He comes too deep for the ball and pace isnt great. Looks suited to a fluent front 2/3.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2016, 12:42:34 pm »
Put more quality around (and ahead) of him and he will have fewer quiet games. He clearly works better when linking up. Often, even against norwich, he has been isolated as noone is running ahead of him as he drags defenders out of position.
Quality player who has so far shown glimpses. Hopefully we will see alot more. But as in germany i hope he will impress with his numbers - goals and assists - and he is already on his way.

De Bruyne at City has come from Germany and has better goal and assist stats, but with much better players around him he has a lot of quiet games and doesn't really get involved much. He cost twice what Firmino did as well.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2016, 12:44:43 pm »
He's gonna be just fine. He's been great in the last 3 league games, including the loss to Man Utd. His 2nd goal yesterday was much harder than it looked. His first touch was fantastic. His assist for Henderson was also brilliant.

He'll look even better when we get Sturridge up there with him and Coutinho fit again.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2016, 12:46:47 pm »
De Bruyne at City has come from Germany and has better goal and assist stats, but with much better players around him he has a lot of quiet games and doesn't really get involved much. He cost twice what Firmino did as well.

De Bruyne - 17 appearences(PL) 5 goals, 9 assists.
Firmino - 14 appearences, 5 goals, 4 assists.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2016, 12:48:47 pm »
Starting to click for him now. Looks a bit more settled and has found himself a nice role within the team. Looks much calmer in front of goal and looks a much confident player now.

Want to see what he can really do once he surrounded with even more quality.

Offline keyo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2016, 12:59:21 pm »
Firmino has had a bit more of an interrupted start. We are also amongst the lowest scorers in the league, city among the highest. DeBruyne was excellent when he came in at city. Have not seen them much in the last couple of months. I would suggest it was easy settling in to the prem at city this season than lfc
Firmino is settling. And improving. I think debruyne will improve too.
Joey's ate the frogs legs, made the swiss roll, now he's munchin' gladbach!!

Offline Notayesman

• Really, really hates Quaresma with a passion that outshines the brightest star in the galaxy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2016, 01:02:38 pm »
Technically he's not exactly outstanding but he's intelligent and willing. Not unlike Dirk but with a silkier touch and a touch more pace about him. Hopefully he keeps this going.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2016, 01:02:48 pm »
It's almost as if he needed a little bit of time to settle in a new country at a club that changed managers early on in the season. Who would have tonight it?

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2016, 01:03:23 pm »
It's almost as if he needed a little bit of time to settle in a new country at a club that changed managers early on in the season. Who would have tonight it?

Not sure if anybody tonighted it, a few thought it though  :P

Offline MHLC

• My Horse Likes Cheese
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2016, 01:09:51 pm »
Sent a text to my Norwich supporting mate before the game saying that if Benteke started up front we'd struggle, but if it was Firmino I thought we'd win.

That's what it boils down to right now, for me. It's clear we play much better when Firmino starts up front, particularly when the game is open as shambolic as yesterday :D

One thing that is really standing out is his work rate. I kept expecting him to be subbed off yesterday after the amount of running he did but he lasted the course.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2016, 01:10:09 pm »
Not sure if anybody tonighted it, a few thought it though  :P

Fucking autocorrect  ;D

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2016, 01:10:42 pm »
1) Copa America exertions that had negative effects even on someone like Alexis.

2) New country, new league, new language, new team , much bigger club with much much bigger expectations.

3) Joining a rather dysfunctional team that lost it`s connection and chemistry with their manager.

4) Injury at a very bad time which hindered his process of settling in.

5) New manager, new methods, new way of working.

6) Benteke conundrum that had a negative effect not only on him but on our overall attacking play - we scored only 10 goals in 12 games Benteke started as no.9 and we scored more than 1 goal only on 1 occasion which was a 96th minute equalizer vs Wba. It goes to show something very dysfunctional with our overall attacking play in these games.

...and so on and so forth.

All this just goes to show how difficult it was for him since he signed for us, what he had to go through and it goes to potentially explain why he needed time to fully settle.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2016, 01:11:34 pm »

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2016, 01:24:40 pm »
1) Copa America exertions that had negative effects even on someone like Alexis.

2) New country, new league, new language, new team , much bigger club with much much bigger expectations.

3) Joining a rather dysfunctional team that lost it`s connection and chemistry with their manager.

4) Injury at a very bad time which hindered his process of settling in.

5) New manager, new methods, new way of working.

6) Benteke conundrum that had a negative effect not only on him but on our overall attacking play - we scored only 10 goals in 12 games Benteke started as no.9 and we scored more than 1 goal only on 1 occasion which was a 96th minute equalizer vs Wba. It goes to show something very dysfunctional with our overall attacking play in these games.

...and so on and so forth.

All this just goes to show how difficult it was for him since he signed for us, what he had to go through and it goes to potentially explain why he needed time to fully settle.

Well out Serbian, this type of context really needs more audience... Firmino is class and it is very easy to slate our forwards this year given our pre-Norwich drought.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer