Author Topic: The small things in life that make you happy  (Read 608740 times)

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The small things in life that make you happy
« Reply #3440 on: September 22, 2019, 10:33:45 am »
Kids will roust you at 5:45 AM, inevitable... :D

;D

For once I got to 6:50 before the rain disturbed me, fell back asleep til about 9:15, although the youngest shouting his head of playing Fortnite woke me a few times.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3441 on: September 22, 2019, 10:37:59 am »
Playing spot the lookalike while on holiday. Today we've seen the Italian Steve Bruce, and yes, he did have a big fat head. Also, the Italian Katarina Johnson Thompson was our waitress tonight, the Italian Linda Pizzuti resplendent in red dress at a wedding in Olbia Basilica this afternoon and the Italian George Clooney who was with the family and friends.

I did see a good Dua Lipa lookalike on the plane over but my girlfriend chalked that one off as she's never heard of her so couldn't confirm it as a good spot.

Never thought of doing that, will do that on our next holiday.

Me and a mate do this with sports people but we get pics with them. Recently we've had -

Gerry Francis
Gary Player
John Arne Riise
Pep Guardiola
Harry Kane

A few weeks ago a guy walked by that was the double of Alisson, but he was on the phone so didn't want to interrupt.

We went to Split last year for his stag and one of the lads spotted a Slavan Bilic lookalike so I went over to him. Turned out to be Bilic himself  :D

Thats quality. Feel sorry for the poor c*nt who looks like Kane though.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #3442 on: September 22, 2019, 08:52:48 pm »
I'm glad it's not just us that does spot the lookalike.  :D

All quiet on that front today though, but our cup did runeth over yesterday.

It was never really a planned thing. It was just that we'd so often see people who looked like well know people on our travels. In the end it became a bit of a game. One year in Menorca I spotted around 17 quality lookalikes. I was on a roll that week.

On a flight to Mexico a few years ago there was a fella who was the spitting image of Ferguson on our plane.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 08:59:55 pm by Sons of pioneerS »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3443 on: September 22, 2019, 09:18:08 pm »
Me and a mate do this with sports people but we get pics with them. Recently we've had -

Gerry Francis
Gary Player
John Arne Riise
Pep Guardiola
Harry Kane

A few weeks ago a guy walked by that was the double of Alisson, but he was on the phone so didn't want to interrupt.

We went to Split last year for his stag and one of the lads spotted a Slavan Bilic lookalike so I went over to him. Turned out to be Bilic himself  :D

Honestly mate it wasn’t even an important call, you should have said hello :)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3444 on: September 24, 2019, 06:40:50 pm »
Just spotted the Italian Ronnie Moran at my hotel.  :D
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3445 on: September 24, 2019, 06:49:56 pm »

Was he having sex?

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3446 on: September 24, 2019, 06:54:44 pm »
Was he having sex?
Fortunately he wasn't. It's early yet, so I may post an update later.  :)

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3447 on: September 24, 2019, 07:00:55 pm »

I asked the wife if she ever played that game, she hasn't so that is a new one for our next holiday, added to our "most LFC or Utd shirts". One game she did play was any baldy fella they saw, her and her mates who go up to them and insist they were Lee Hurst.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3448 on: September 24, 2019, 07:10:06 pm »
I asked the wife if she ever played that game, she hasn't so that is a new one for our next holiday, added to our "most LFC or Utd shirts". One game she did play was any baldy fella they saw, her and her mates who go up to them and insist they were Lee Hurst.
Lee Hurst.  :D

Tell Mrs Rob that last holiday there were more Liverpool shirts on show than United.

In Sardinia they don't seem to do footy shirts at all. The only top I've seen was actually a Norwich City shirt on one of the few English people here. Other than that, no footy tops at all. I've got a black LFC training top with me but haven't worn it yet.

The only footy stuff I've seen is Zippo lighters and phone covers in markets with either Milan, Inter, Napoli or Roma on.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3449 on: September 24, 2019, 07:23:03 pm »
Lee Hurst.  :D

Tell Mrs Rob that last holiday there were more Liverpool shirts on show than United.

In Sardinia they don't seem to do footy shirts at all. The only top I've seen was actually a Norwich City shirt on one of the few English people here. Other than that, no footy tops at all. I've got a black LFC training top with me but haven't worn it yet.

The only footy stuff I've seen is Zippo lighters and phone covers in markets with either Milan, Inter, Napoli or Roma on.

Its always LFC shirts that win ;D

Florida was the best when she walked into the Millers Ale House on June 1st to be surrounded by Red shirts. Her and her sister turned up in tshirts with this on them   ::)

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #3450 on: September 25, 2019, 02:44:46 am »
I’ve just had the greatest vending machine experience of my life.

I’m at lunch, and I spy a packet of Bugles halfway pushed out of the front of the spiral, and think to myself, “I can have a two for one here!”

I know that’s cheap, but kids are expensive, and this will make a nice dinner for them.

So I put in my money, tap in the item number and the spiral starts to turn; the front bag, rather than being released, gets stuck between what’s behind it and the shelf above.

Now this machine boasted “FULL REFUND IF ITEM DOES NOT DROP”. And this was the machines Truth. A moment later I heard my refund drop into the coin return slot. I grab it and see an extra 10c piece! So, two bags of bugles with a decent discount!

I put my coins in for a second time, and lo and behold the stubborn front bag refuses to fall!

Refund. Repeat. Although I am getting nervous now in case anyone sees my prospective bounty.

But third time is the charm!

I reach into the dispenser area, where my hand meets FOUR bags of Bugles!

So tonight the kids eat like Kings, and maybe they’ll shut up while I enjoy my steak.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #3451 on: September 25, 2019, 02:56:22 pm »
songbird by oasis

i love songs you just never skip, songs that just never seem to get old to me
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #3452 on: September 25, 2019, 03:22:54 pm »
Autumn's coming
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #3453 on: September 25, 2019, 07:34:47 pm »
Autumn's coming

Shortly followed by winter, but this is certainly the wrong thread for that comment.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #3454 on: September 25, 2019, 07:57:50 pm »
Autumn's coming
Is Autumn your girlfriends name?
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3455 on: September 25, 2019, 08:37:16 pm »

If so it begs the question who she is cheating on him with.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3456 on: September 25, 2019, 08:38:14 pm »
Autumn sounds like a dogs name....

Has Effes returned under a new name?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3457 on: September 25, 2019, 08:46:04 pm »
Autumn sounds like a dogs name....

Has Effes returned under a new name?

It would be one of those handbag dogs if so. Def not a real dogs name.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3458 on: September 25, 2019, 08:46:50 pm »
I hate Autumn/Winter, it's the long nights that i hate more, this may be for the other thread. ;)
#Sausages

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #3459 on: September 25, 2019, 09:20:02 pm »
:lmao
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3460 on: September 25, 2019, 10:19:16 pm »

Isn't she the woman SoS bumped into on Sardinia?

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #3461 on: September 25, 2019, 11:03:44 pm »
Isn't she the woman SoS bumped into on Sardinia?
SoS should have walked back past them smoking a ciggie and saying "Ahhhh... That was good!"  ;D

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3462 on: September 25, 2019, 11:08:25 pm »
SoS should have walked back past them smoking a ciggie and saying "Ahhhh... That was good!"  ;D

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3463 on: September 28, 2019, 05:16:03 pm »
Sitting on the beach this afternoon and the beach bar has a fantastic playlist on their system rather than the usual euroshite stuff.

Lots of The Cure, Velvet Underground, Iggy Pop, early Police, U2, REM, The Doors and many more...

Coming back to the apartment to find we won away again too. Bliss!

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #3464 on: September 29, 2019, 07:32:39 pm »
The split second of silence, when the away side scores at the opposite end, between the ball hitting the net and the away end's muted roar. The best sound in football when it's not against us.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3465 on: September 29, 2019, 07:58:31 pm »
The sound of rain on a window / roof.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3466 on: September 29, 2019, 08:19:22 pm »
The sound of rain on a window / roof.

Is the estate agent tied up there then?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3467 on: September 29, 2019, 08:23:59 pm »
Is the estate agent tied up there then?

They won’t be able to feel the rain how deep they are buried.

Put an offer in on one we viewed on Sat so no doubt be prepared for another rant tomorrow.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3468 on: September 29, 2019, 08:37:39 pm »
They won’t be able to feel the rain how deep they are buried.

Put an offer in on one we viewed on Sat so no doubt be prepared for another rant tomorrow.

One day we will be reading about the young couple who snapped one day an went on a killing spree, leaving dead estate agents all across Liverpool

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3469 on: September 29, 2019, 08:38:37 pm »
One day we will be reading about the young couple who snapped one day an went on a killing spree, leaving dead estate agents all across Liverpool

And we’d be carried through the streets as heros.

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #3470 on: September 30, 2019, 12:59:16 pm »
And we’d be carried through the streets as heros.
they wouldnt turn up to their own funeral
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3471 on: September 30, 2019, 01:16:05 pm »
they wouldnt turn up to their own funeral

Craig wouldn't leave any trace of the bodies to be buried anyway

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3472 on: September 30, 2019, 01:17:14 pm »
Craig wouldn't leave any trace of the bodies to be buried anyway

Is right. I’d do a professional job u like 99% of estate agents.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #3473 on: September 30, 2019, 04:51:51 pm »
I hate Autumn/Winter, it's the long nights that i hate more, this may be for the other thread. ;)

I know what you mean. I find it pretty difficult on the first cold day when you truly know winter is coming.

Try to plan ahead if you know you will be down and try to plan some self care for yourself.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3474 on: October 1, 2019, 09:06:37 am »
Free coffee at Costa Express today

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #3475 on: October 1, 2019, 11:09:15 am »

I love autumn & winter. I love summer too, though.

As long as they're 'proper' seasons - hot, dry & sunny in summer; crisp & misty with occasional storms for autumn; cold & snowy for winter.

I do hate how generally the British weather is just different variations on a damp autumn with 'meh' temperatures.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3476 on: October 1, 2019, 03:06:46 pm »
Snorkelling with Cormorants as they hunt. It's amazing watching them under water.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3477 on: October 1, 2019, 03:07:46 pm »
Snorkelling with Cormorants as they hunt. It's amazing watching them under water.

“Cormorants” and “hunt”,

We get ya.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3478 on: October 1, 2019, 03:27:04 pm »
“Cormorants” and “hunt”,

We get ya.
*Shakes head*  ;D

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3479 on: October 1, 2019, 03:39:52 pm »

Cormorants are also known as Shags I believe.