Author Topic: New bookmaking laws, Verify your account.  (Read 940 times)

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
New bookmaking laws, Verify your account.
« on: April 11, 2019, 03:40:48 pm »
Received a email off Ladbrokes today asking me to verify my account. thought it might be a scam and phoned them. they said every online bookmaker will be asking customers to provide evidence of identity. driving licence photo or utility bill etc.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 04:57:50 pm by oldfordie »
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Re: New bookmaking laws, Verify your account.
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 03:54:12 pm »
I had an email from Bet365 about it but they said I'll need to confirm my details and then they'll let me know if I need to give any other ID.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online Crouch Potato

• Srofa spud!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2019, 04:51:01 pm »
Hope i don't have to do this with every one of my bookies, i got about 15 different bookies.

P.S. I don't need some sort of Gambler's Anonymous intervention, i just like having lots of options for the best prices etc.   :D
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 05:20:08 pm by Crouch Potato »

Online y2w902

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2019, 06:21:26 pm »
New regulations coming into effect from the 7th of May, getting a head start on it I see.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2019, 07:52:55 pm »
Hope i don't have to do this with every one of my bookies, i got about 15 different bookies.

P.S. I don't need some sort of Gambler's Anonymous intervention, i just like having lots of options for the best prices etc.   :D
:) said the same thing a few times in the past, best way to gamble, always get the best odds, you can only do that by having lots of different betting accounts.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2019, 07:55:12 pm »
The gambling companies hate that though so I’m fairly sure they will be sure to refuse accounts on the basis of that.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2019, 08:44:51 am »
No surprise Redsbet are the worst for this - they don't accept scanned documents. Errrrm, how else are you supposed to send them something?

Online y2w902

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2019, 03:28:32 pm »
No surprise Redsbet are the worst for this - they don't accept scanned documents. Errrrm, how else are you supposed to send them something?

Take a photo of them.