Author Topic: Man Utd vs Liverpool-In Game Commentary & Post game shite...  (Read 151655 times)

Offline desert red

• Main Stander
  • The Return of the King
Re: Man Utd vs Liverpool-In Game Commentary & Post game shite...
« Reply #1320 on: September 19, 2010, 08:48:47 pm »
Bring in  Martin Kelly i just hope that we can off load that sad excuse for a wing back Johnson
Danny Pacheco if ever there is a player that needs some extended time on the pitch its him
when Roy talked about dead wood at Liverpool looks like its more like a Forest

Offline AriGold

• David James's stunt double
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #1321 on: September 19, 2010, 08:49:33 pm »
Bring in  Martin Kelly i just hope that we can off load that sad excuse for a wing back Johnson

I feel depressed.
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Twitter... www.twitter.com/wickolfc

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #1322 on: September 19, 2010, 08:50:27 pm »
exactly.Mr Alex Ferguson only dislikes Managers with the Bollocks to stand up to him.
Stop kissing his arse for fucks sake, and grow a pair of balls.You're manager of Liverpool now.

Why though?

Leave that to us, thats what we do. His job is to select a team and tactics to win football games

Mind games no matter how much the press and that monkey keys goes on about them, do not exist.

Now back to my job. Fuck you Whiskeycock
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Promised to never post on RAWK again

• Might be Estonian_Red, but I wouldn't trust a word he says. In fact don't trust anything anyone says... EVER.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
« Reply #1323 on: September 19, 2010, 08:51:35 pm »
Lets see where we are in the next 5 games.

Sunderland (H), Blackpool (H), Everton (A), Blackburn (H) and Bolton (A) ... A maximum of 9-10 points there ... After those 5 games, we will still be sitting comfortably in the mid-table ...
The internet is a bad place - People like Mac Red are on it.

Offline YayaP

• Is John McEnroe.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1324 on: September 19, 2010, 08:51:57 pm »
Than again ...

It's not that I think Roy is doing a better job than Rafa.....trust me I was devastated when he left. However, it just was not as bad as people are making it out to be. And yes, the 2-1 loss last year was much much much worse than the 3-2 loss this time around. I don't find the need to argue that point because anyone who watched both games would definitely agree. People just blow up on Roy today, but last year if someone said that Rafa didn't do a great job against the Mancs people lost their minds and accused people of being "Istanbul fans" or "sky kneejerk reactors."

I'm not trying to turn this into a Roy vs Rafa debate because I love and support both managers. However, it is a double standard to lend unconditional support to one man and loathe everything the other man does.
"I belong to a special club, I live with special people, this is a privilege, this is pure happiness." -Gerard Houllier

“When they start talking and talking about us, it shows they are worried about playing Liverpool,” - Rafa Benitez

Offline Not funny reecehenebry

• Pitbull #2. Fanning the flames of debate since 03/06/10.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1325 on: September 19, 2010, 08:52:08 pm »

We have had many seasons under Benitez where we have been closer to the relegation zone than the title.
?
Why are you looking past this season?

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1326 on: September 19, 2010, 08:52:54 pm »
We have had many seasons under Benitez where we have been closer to the relegation zone than the title.

I'm sorry, but what?

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #1327 on: September 19, 2010, 08:53:21 pm »
I'm sorry, but what?

It's quite honestly the most ridiculous thing I've seen written.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #1328 on: September 19, 2010, 08:53:51 pm »
I'm sorry, but what?

Sniffing nail varnish.
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #1329 on: September 19, 2010, 08:54:13 pm »
Danny Pacheco if ever there is a player that needs some extended time on the pitch its him
when Roy talked about dead wood at Liverpool looks like its more like a Forest

wow.
you guys are very harsh on Glen.

Put a proper RW (fine, not proper, but something better than Maxi) in front of him, and he'll definitely improve.

Glen misses Dirk more than anyone else in the team.

his best performances of this season (vs Arsenal, n vs Trabzonspor) have been when overlapping with Dirk.

since all our Wingers atm, are absolute pants, I'd like to see Johnson get a go at Richardson @ RW on saturday

Offline TOMMO86

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1330 on: September 19, 2010, 08:55:00 pm »
If We can get 4 wins out of 5 with 1 draw and with other results going how I think they will, I have just done that Predictor and This is what I think we could end up with before we play Chelsea

Team            P     GD    PTS

1 Chelsea      10    28    26
2 Arsenal       10    13    21
3 Man UTD     10    10    21
4 Tottenham  10    6     19
5 Man City     10    9     18
6 Birmingham 10    3     18
7 Liverpool     10    3     18
8 Wolves        10    0     15
9 Fulham        10    1     14
10 Bolton       10    0     14
11 Newcastle 10    1     13
12 Blackpool  10   -7     13
13 Sunderland  10   -3     12
14 Stoke       10   -3     10
15 Blackburn   10   -7     8
16 West Brom   10   -11    8
17 Aston Villa 10   -11    7
18 West Ham    10   -12    7
19 Everton     10   -5     6
20 Wigan       10   -15    6

Offline Harry_Wong

• RAWK Security Consultant. a right burka
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red in the Head
« Reply #1331 on: September 19, 2010, 08:55:15 pm »
We may have been set up defensively previously, but we let Man Utd play today and didn't press them at all, let them work the ball and get crosses in against players who are presently struggling with balls into the box. Offensively, I don't think we were set up right today, we looked ponderous in possession and I think Gerrard needed to be swapped with Meireles with Lucas brought in. That, I think, would have added more to our attacking play.
I think this is one of the key changes I've noticed.  Liverpool are no longer pressing the opposition in possession and not moving the ball forward with the same kind of purpose.  The defence from crosses and corners seems much worse than under zonal marking. 

I especially agree that Meireles and Gerrard should have been swapped around, and that Lucas would probably have offered more than Poulsen.

Pity the Lucas thread is locked for some reason.
Bill Shankly invites reporters into the changing room to meet his new captain, Ron Yeats:
"I've just signed a colossus. Come in and walk round him…"
1961-71: Promoted 1st season, 2 Championships, 1 FA Cup

Offline skidz73

• Kind Kenny... what a gent...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't Drink and Post.
« Reply #1332 on: September 19, 2010, 08:55:33 pm »

Rather than make that bland statement why not back it up with some facts if  you believe that to be the case
By the way, I should tell you that I haven’t had a chance to shower while making my way up here, my balls are extra vinegary.

Offline robbie96

• Legacy Fan
  • Cometh the hour, Cometh the man!
« Reply #1333 on: September 19, 2010, 08:56:30 pm »
Sunderland (H), Blackpool (H), Everton (A), Blackburn (H) and Bolton (A) ... A maximum of 9-10 points there ... After those 5 games, we will still be sitting comfortably in the mid-table ...

Brings a completely new dimension to the derby, doesn't it?! :wave
Iain Macintosh via Twitter:
Bosingwa almost starts a riot by getting subbed and trudging off the pitch like a old border collie making his final trip to the vet.

Offline Jagdip

• former Lunatic
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1334 on: September 19, 2010, 08:56:31 pm »
Do people post on this board to be noticed and receive attention or to discuss intellectually, their views regarding our club? Ridiculous statement by killer heels. Would be great to block the time wasting views on here.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #1335 on: September 19, 2010, 08:56:48 pm »
However, it is a double standard to lend unconditional support to one man and loathe everything the other man does.

One earned that unconditional support, the other hasn't yet. Simple as that. I don't 'loathe' everything Roy has done but atm I have serious reservations about him that worry me greatly.

Offline Karlton81

• Anny Roader
  • It's on like Donkey Kong
« Reply #1336 on: September 19, 2010, 08:56:59 pm »
One thing that pleased me about today's games is the way we passed ourselves out of trouble and the nice little triangles we often did.

We passed the ball very well today, a lot less long balls from the back, it was impressive, we just didn't have the killer instinct in the final 3rd, but that will come when the front gel together properly. 

Offline MidwestWool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wool
« Reply #1337 on: September 19, 2010, 08:57:02 pm »
I live in London, so what, why does it matter where someone lives? Never understood this argument. Perhaps I should be supporting Wembley FC...

Not saying that. I'm a wool myself. OOC. But come on, you should show a bit of respect towards a guy who won us the European Cup.

Is that really the Liverpool Way? Well the reaction to Roy Hodgson on these threads does not smack of much respect for a guy who has been our manager only since the summer.

I agree it's pathetic how the pitchforks are out for Hodgson here. Not been a massive fan of him but I will support him through thick and thin, like I did with Rafa. However, you shouldn't post mindless drivel about Rafa. Especially when you are wrong. It comes across as disrespectful.

Offline silver 5 star

• Mistter Gramatticle. Heell corecct you're spelinng mistaikes
  • Legacy Fan
  • BUILD A NEW STADIUM - NO GROUNDSHARE!!!
« Reply #1338 on: September 19, 2010, 08:57:10 pm »
I'm not trying to turn this into a Roy vs Rafa debate because I love and support both managers. However, it is a double standard to lend unconditional support to one man and loathe everything the other man does.

Precisely why do you love Roy? For his quiff?

Because it can't be for his scintillating football, his trophy haul, his stand up fights with Brasso - breath and the pro-Manc media.

Quiff it is then.

Then out spake brave Horatius, The Captain of the Gate; "To every man upon this earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can man die better Than facing fearful odds, For the  ashes of his fathers, And the temples of his gods. " FENWAY - Do not let us down! RAWK is boss lid

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1339 on: September 19, 2010, 08:57:24 pm »
It's quite honestly the most ridiculous thing I've seen written.

Is what I'm thinking.

2004/05 - 5th.
2005/06 - 3rd.
2006/07 - 3rd.
2007/08 - 4th.
2007/09 - 2nd.
2009/10 - 7th.

Definitely been closer to the relegation zone, we have.

Offline robbie96

• Legacy Fan
  • Cometh the hour, Cometh the man!
« Reply #1340 on: September 19, 2010, 08:57:46 pm »
If We can get 4 wins out of 5 with 1 draw and with other results going how I think they will, I have just done that Predictor and This is what I think we could end up with before we play Chelsea

Team            P     GD    PTS

1 Chelsea      10    28    26
2 Arsenal       10    13    21
3 Man UTD     10    10    21
4 Tottenham  10    6     19
5 Man City     10    9     18
6 Birmingham 10    3     18
7 Liverpool     10    3     18
8 Wolves        10    0     15
9 Fulham        10    1     14
10 Bolton       10    0     14
11 Newcastle 10    1     13
12 Blackpool  10   -7     13
13 Sunderland  10   -3     12
14 Stoke       10   -3     10
15 Blackburn   10   -7     8
16 West Brom   10   -11    8
17 Aston Villa 10   -11    7
18 West Ham    10   -12    7
19 Everton     10   -5     6
20 Wigan       10   -15    6

As bad as that looks - I'd take it! :-\
Iain Macintosh via Twitter:
Bosingwa almost starts a riot by getting subbed and trudging off the pitch like a old border collie making his final trip to the vet.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1341 on: September 19, 2010, 08:58:38 pm »
Rather than make that bland statement why not back it up with some facts if  you believe that to be the case

Rafa had a season where his team finished closer to the relegation zone than the title winner. We have been plagued with shite starts for most of his term here so saying we are closer to the relegation than the top four is not really new for us, what with our annual out of the title race by October rituals. Guess its just following what has been set before.

Offline MidwestWool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wool
« Reply #1342 on: September 19, 2010, 08:58:54 pm »

I think we can get all 15 and I would be disappointed if we didn't. We'll get more than 9 points tho.

Offline Promised to never post on RAWK again

• Might be Estonian_Red, but I wouldn't trust a word he says. In fact don't trust anything anyone says... EVER.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
« Reply #1343 on: September 19, 2010, 08:59:08 pm »

To be perfectly honest, I am not slating Roy ... I like him and I think that he is doing the job to the best of his abilities ... It is unfair to compare him to the tactical genius of Rafa ... They are simply not on the same level ...
The internet is a bad place - People like Mac Red are on it.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1344 on: September 19, 2010, 09:00:14 pm »
So we played to deep again and invited pressure on? Crosses came in to easily because no need to go past defenders when playing so deep. Problems defending against aerial threat at the back. Forwards midfield isolated and overwhelmed because of the space, and our lack of space and speed on the wings. Didn't see the game this I presume was part of the problem. So we can expect the defensive line to push up more from now on, try and get some genuine speed on the wings with Babel. Always lots to learn from defeats, onwards and upwards.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #1345 on: September 19, 2010, 09:01:15 pm »
Rafa had a season where his team finished closer to the relegation zone than the title winner. We have been plagued with shite starts for most of his term here so saying we are closer to the relegation than the top four is not really new for us, what with our annual out of the title race by October rituals. Guess its just following what has been set before.
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline skidz73

• Kind Kenny... what a gent...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't Drink and Post.
« Reply #1346 on: September 19, 2010, 09:01:29 pm »

Was that his first season per chance? And even if that was the case, that hardly counts as 'many' does it?
By the way, I should tell you that I haven’t had a chance to shower while making my way up here, my balls are extra vinegary.

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #1347 on: September 19, 2010, 09:01:35 pm »
Rafa had a season where his team finished closer to the relegation zone than the title winner.

It was the first season he was here, and points-wise we did finish closer to the relegation zone. Position-wise however, which is what people generally tend to go on and the way in which final placings are awarded since the dawn of time, we were 5th.

You said we "had many" seasons under him where we finished closer to the relegation zone. Even if you meant points-wise you'd be spectacularly wrong, so it's a completely laughable statement.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1348 on: September 19, 2010, 09:02:27 pm »
No denying for a lot of season's Rafa's teams would only go on a belated run post Xmas.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline YayaP

• Is John McEnroe.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1349 on: September 19, 2010, 09:03:00 pm »

Precisely why do you love Roy? For his quiff?

Because it can't be for his scintillating football, his trophy haul, his stand up fights with Brasso - breath and the pro-Manc media.

Quiff it is then.

He's a nice guy and knows his football. He doesn't have a stick up his ass like most managers in this league, and we're fortunate to have him. He has a jovial spirit to him, which is shocking considering the owners and the mess he's put himself in. People talk about Roy as if the enemy, saying he's beneath the standards of the club and somehow plotting against us just like Hicks and Gillette and Purslow. But he took a risk. By taking this job with the owners, he has put his entire managerial reputation on the line. Talk about courageous. Take all the pressure of this job normally, considering the history and the incredible expectations, and double it because of the mess we're in right now. He is taking that on. And all of this, he does with a smile on his face. He's someone all the doom-mongerers on this board should look towards.....keep your head up, we'll get through this. People seem to think if you don't hate the manager and talk in negative terms 24/7 you're somehow not loyal to the club and a ridiculous fan. But hey, maybe I'm just being naive and incredibly optimistic. But I must say, he likes being here, and I like having him here.

He has the balls to take this head on and has said on multiple occasions he wants the cancers out of the club. To be honest, for me at least, if you give it your all and love the club....that's enough for me, because honestly, that's what this club was built on: getting through the worst times by keeping your head down and pushing forward.
"I belong to a special club, I live with special people, this is a privilege, this is pure happiness." -Gerard Houllier

“When they start talking and talking about us, it shows they are worried about playing Liverpool,” - Rafa Benitez

Offline duke8

• Main Stander
« Reply #1350 on: September 19, 2010, 09:03:03 pm »
You know what, I'm not going to stop going on about Rafa. Fuck all yous who want to moan about it.

We got shot of a fucking amazing manager, a bloke who got us, a bloke who stuck up for us, a bloke who stood up to the pricks we hate, a bloke who stood up to the owners and wouldn't be bullied, and a bloke who took us to within a whisker of the title. A bloke who won us the champions league, made us a fucking terrifying proposition in Europe, a bloke who delivered batterings to the likes of the team we played today and Real Madrid, and you want people to NOT go on about him?!?

Fuck off. He was the mustard. The dogs bollocks. As good as it gets. And we got rid of him after ONE shite season to replace him with a yes man, a lovely old gent who kisses the arse of Ferguson and who has one of the worst records in the league.

No, I won't stop going on about Rafa, and I won't stop comparing the two. If you don't like it that's just tough shite.

my feelings exactly. roy needs to step up or out not believe the shite from the media or board.
'Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass. It is terribly simple.'  Bill Shankly

Offline REDbrown

• Kopite
« Reply #1351 on: September 19, 2010, 09:03:16 pm »
Agger has been on the danish tv, mildly criticising Roys route one football. He also added that he wouldn't descend into kicking long balls, as its not his style and said that's why he is not chosen to play.

http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/fodbold/udenlandsk_fodbold/engelsk_fodbold/article1414063.ece
<message deleted>

Offline YayaP

• Is John McEnroe.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1352 on: September 19, 2010, 09:03:56 pm »
To be perfectly honest, I am not slating Roy ... I like him and I think that he is doing the job to the best of his abilities ... It is unfair to compare him to the tactical genius of Rafa ... They are simply not on the same level ...

agreed.

hoonin

Offline Aaronb121

• Kopite
« Reply #1354 on: September 19, 2010, 09:04:08 pm »
Agger has been on the danish tv, mildly criticising Roys route one football.

Don't blame him either.

Offline therockbox

• Legacy Fan
  • Funklord
« Reply #1355 on: September 19, 2010, 09:04:48 pm »
It was the first season he was here,
And what a shite season that was.

Offline silver 5 star

• Mistter Gramatticle. Heell corecct you're spelinng mistaikes
  • Legacy Fan
  • BUILD A NEW STADIUM - NO GROUNDSHARE!!!
« Reply #1356 on: September 19, 2010, 09:04:58 pm »

We came second the season before last.

If the club wasn't being run by raping, lying carpbaggers we could have spent real money last season and gone on to win the title.

Ironically, if the slimeball yanks had done that, they may have actually got a buyer for the club closer to the daft price they want.
Then out spake brave Horatius, The Captain of the Gate; "To every man upon this earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can man die better Than facing fearful odds, For the  ashes of his fathers, And the temples of his gods. " FENWAY - Do not let us down! RAWK is boss lid

Offline FranklyRed

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly a Red since Kennedy's goal Paris 1981...
« Reply #1357 on: September 19, 2010, 09:04:59 pm »

So far, he's really given me little to suggest the change was for footballing reasons, that we got a superior manager in the footballing sense for the 11.5 million quid we spent to upgrade managers. But football's an afterthought.

Business wise, the direction is alarming. The squad is getting older in a hurry due to the age of his recruits and the age of the Rafa-era players that Hodgson has chosen to keep, and the money's running out. We'll have to replace Konchesky, Kuyt, Gerrard, Carra, Maxi, Cole, Poulsen, Jovanovic, Kyrgiakos, and Aurelio within the next 3 years. Even Torres, Meireles and Johnson are the wrong side of 25. Even if this flock of players starts bringing in results, we're gonna be fucked soon. We don't have any Patos or Messis on our team. The youngest player who has a claim to the word "starter" is Lucas, and he's the most picked on member of this team, and I don't expect him to be around for much longer. Insua is gone. Ayala is on loan. Mikel San Jose starts for Bilbao. Two kids were swapped for Konchesky. Nemeth is in Greece. The Riojas bought for 2015 are being popped without any thought to Best Drinking Date.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

Great post,
The most worrying part is the aging squad (also because of the transfers and possibly short period Roy will be a manager) and having no funds to replace them ...
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 09:06:53 pm by FranklyRed »
"La ocasión hay que crearla, no esperar a que llegue"

Offline Karlton81

• Anny Roader
  • It's on like Donkey Kong
« Reply #1358 on: September 19, 2010, 09:05:21 pm »

Roy may not have managed at the same level of Rafa, but Rafa, he was here 6 seasons and he ultimately didn't bring us the title, the one we really want, it's unfortunate but the truth. 

So i don't think it can come as much as a surprise that he's no longer here.

Offline The_Cutter

• It must be Summer the TdF is on and The Cutter appears!
  • Legacy Fan
  • And then I went.
« Reply #1359 on: September 19, 2010, 09:05:23 pm »
Don't blame him either.
Not gonna help him get selected though. :(
"A story should have a beginning, a middle, and an end . . . but not necessarily in that order." Jean-Luc Godard

'I'm sorry Wayne. Please finish your cider.'