Author Topic: The Also-Ran Draft  (Read 16295 times)

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Also-Ran Draft
« Reply #480 on: January 22, 2021, 09:48:09 pm »
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #481 on: January 22, 2021, 09:50:02 pm »
It was good enough for Marilyn.

I'm trying to work out whether that or Steve Coogan/Courtney Love was the most bizarre.

I Le Tissier/Marylin from Home and Away definitely wins.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #482 on: January 22, 2021, 10:14:08 pm »
Matthew Le Tissier

Was starting to worry the man wouldn't get picked!
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #483 on: January 22, 2021, 10:34:54 pm »
Buffon won a UEFA Cup.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #484 on: January 22, 2021, 10:35:40 pm »
Fuck, I thought if Skrtel last night and then forgot this morning. Brutal.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #485 on: January 22, 2021, 10:36:52 pm »
Buffon won a UEFA Cup.

Thanks GLB! 👍🏼⚽️
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #486 on: January 22, 2021, 10:50:34 pm »
The fuck was Gilberto Silva playing at winning a Copa Liberatadores at the age of 38 only playing 9 games all season? Bad nobhead  ;D
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #487 on: January 23, 2021, 01:34:32 am »
The fuck was Gilberto Silva playing at winning a Copa Liberatadores at the age of 38 only playing 9 games all season? Bad nobhead  ;D

I got excited when I thought of him and then saw that shite on his wiki  :no

On another note, Maakay and Suarez might as well be twins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #488 on: January 23, 2021, 03:48:32 am »
Slavin talks about Payet (Seems Like No One Knows This Part of Payet's Leaving WHU)

Scholes is  huge C**t btw

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/VXqqdkL6iME" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/VXqqdkL6iME</a>
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #489 on: January 23, 2021, 04:10:55 am »
One of my all-time favorite players - He is just at another level of offensive skill and decision making - Enjoy

Not asking for your votes here at all.  Not everyone appreciates the lad like me - okay with that. 

But just in case you need a little joy, this is someone who brings it time and time again.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/w2x9Vw6goNg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/w2x9Vw6goNg</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/MlYLCgPa22k" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/MlYLCgPa22k</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/dx4n9q9S3S4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/dx4n9q9S3S4</a>

My view is that there is not one player in THIS draft who has as much talent as Payet in so many different categories

1.  Dribble/Possession
  2.  Finding a pass or restart service (weight of the pass is incredible time after time)
  3.  Getting separation on defenders with only modest or average pace
  4.  First touch is incredible
  5.  Finishing - one touch or two touch, placements pure class
  6.  Free kicks - once in a generation talent in this.
  7.  Cheeky shielding, nutmegs, rabonas, dummies, feigns
  8.  Transition decision making - finds the space and best opportunity so often
  9.  Two-footed with power and accuracy: daisy cutters, chips, volleys, and side nettings
 10. Vision is world class

***  Today is appreciate Dimitri Payet day!   

Now, he is not much of a defender.  He can be moody and seem disinterested at times and can slow play down at times.
His movement and activity have slowed down considerably from his peak 2016-17, but maign can he ruin a defender.

The joy he brings my eyes in the modern game -- well, lets just say he deserves more. 

Cheers lads!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 04:27:12 am by Trendisdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #490 on: January 23, 2021, 06:37:24 am »
^gets crunched by Samba, leaves the game in the 8th minute

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #491 on: January 23, 2021, 08:19:22 am »
^gets crunched by Samba, leaves the game in the 8th minute

He's a specimen alright. Is he another one who never goes the gym like Adama?
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #492 on: January 23, 2021, 08:24:09 am »
He's a specimen alright. Is he another one who never goes the gym like Adama?

He was hewn from Sam Allardyce's head

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #493 on: January 23, 2021, 08:34:02 am »
I'll be taking Colin Hendry next, I assume that's a safe one

Edit: never mind. I'll have Gary Kelly on the way back down
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 08:36:52 am by Something Worse »

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #494 on: January 23, 2021, 08:42:49 am »
Won't get much respect with that pick but i haven't a hope of winning this anyway starting 5 out from the back. But by all accounts Gerry was one of the best Liverpool fullbacks ever.

"I've had many skilful men and the likes of Peter Thompson, Ian St John, Kevin Keegan and Steve Heighway were the ones who caught the eye. But the best professional of the lot was Gerry Byrne. He wasn't flashy and he wouldn't score you goals. But he was hard and skilful and gave you everything he had. More than that he was totally honest. Which is the greatest quality of all. He was a true Liverpudlian who couldn't look his fellow Scousers in the face after a game unless he'd given everything he had for 90 minutes." - Bill Shankly

Played in the 65 cup final with a broken collarbone. Kept it quiet so it wouldn't be targeted by that Leeds team. Collar bone shattered and the drive to make a goal in extra time. He'll slot in nicely back there alongside Yeats. Rowdy and Crunchie will put manners on some teams

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #495 on: January 23, 2021, 09:00:34 am »
Won't get much respect with that pick but i haven't a hope of winning this anyway starting 5 out from the back. But by all accounts Gerry was one of the best Liverpool fullbacks ever.

"I've had many skilful men and the likes of Peter Thompson, Ian St John, Kevin Keegan and Steve Heighway were the ones who caught the eye. But the best professional of the lot was Gerry Byrne. He wasn't flashy and he wouldn't score you goals. But he was hard and skilful and gave you everything he had. More than that he was totally honest. Which is the greatest quality of all. He was a true Liverpudlian who couldn't look his fellow Scousers in the face after a game unless he'd given everything he had for 90 minutes." - Bill Shankly

Played in the 65 cup final with a broken collarbone. Kept it quiet so it wouldn't be targeted by that Leeds team. Collar bone shattered and the drive to make a goal in extra time. He'll slot in nicely back there alongside Yeats. Rowdy and Crunchie will put manners on some teams

Shanks got him and Gordon Milne to walk around Anfield with the cup before the Inter Milan semi final to get the crowd up. Won 3-1 then got cheated in the 2nd leg. Great pick but you should never have been able to...
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 09:05:24 am by vivabobbygraham »

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #496 on: January 23, 2021, 10:49:40 am »

Shanks got him and Gordon Milne to walk around Anfield with the cup before the Inter Milan semi final to get the crowd up. Won 3-1 then got cheated in the 2nd leg. Great pick but you should never have been able to...
It's mad though init bobby. People fall over themselves to pick players from that inter team draft after draft, yet our Liverpool lads from that time get short shrift. They were that good. It's a fine line draft wise and one things for sure, they wouldn't be eligible here if they had won a european cup! but i'd wager they'd get a lot more respect and picked a lot more in others if they had!

Would you have him on the right or left Bobby? He could do both couldn't he
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 10:51:48 am by Lawnmowerman »

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #497 on: January 23, 2021, 11:09:14 am »
Predominantly left as Chrissy Lawler was right but he was a hell of a player, Gerry, heart of a Lion. George Cohen and Ray Wilson, played in the World Cup final, Gerry was better than both of them yet never got a sniff. 2 caps I've just checked. Wilson wasn't bad, for a blue but Gerry pissed all over him and Cohen...not literally, obvs. Other players from that team worth a look. Only caught the end of his career really then along came Alec Lindsay and that was it. Loved Alec, another so underrated. Shanks said he could put it on a sixpence from 50 yards with that left peg. Would have been in my team but for 73

EDIT: Also, we didn't just beat Inter that night we walloped them. Should have been 6

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/_4oQQPYUO-Y" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/_4oQQPYUO-Y</a>

Commentary by the greatest ever, Ken Wolstenholme
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 11:21:37 am by vivabobbygraham »

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #498 on: January 23, 2021, 11:58:56 am »
Predominantly left as Chrissy Lawler was right but he was a hell of a player, Gerry, heart of a Lion. George Cohen and Ray Wilson, played in the World Cup final, Gerry was better than both of them yet never got a sniff. 2 caps I've just checked. Wilson wasn't bad, for a blue but Gerry pissed all over him and Cohen...not literally, obvs. Other players from that team worth a look. Only caught the end of his career really then along came Alec Lindsay and that was it. Loved Alec, another so underrated. Shanks said he could put it on a sixpence from 50 yards with that left peg. Would have been in my team but for 73

EDIT: Also, we didn't just beat Inter that night we walloped them. Should have been 6
Jaysus that's a shame. Jimmy Case no england caps always amazes me :o
Yeah was just asking as i know Gerry started at right back, and was thinking Bugsy on the left but remember a dear dear friend of mine once picked him in a draft and got no love. He picked Tommy Smith aswell and still no love. Look at young Tommy Smith there bombing up for that 3rd goal. He was in the box when it went in :o i know he was also a right back at times and wore number 10 but what's all that about?? right midfield?
Kinell look at the football for that first goal. Started off with Cally practically at our own corner flag. Dancing round them. Yeats though... :-X
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 12:18:13 pm by Lawnmowerman »

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #499 on: January 23, 2021, 12:25:01 pm »
Amazing GLB got Agger this late in the game. Contemplated him over Chumpitaz but didn't wanna overdo the Liverpool thing as i knew i was already gonna pick Gerry after deciding me other CB.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #500 on: January 23, 2021, 12:39:14 pm »
Tugay, bitches.  8)

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #501 on: January 23, 2021, 12:39:49 pm »
Yeah was just asking as i know he started at right back, and was thinking Bugsy on the left but remember a dear dear friend of mine once picked him in a draft and got no love. He picked Tommy Smith aswell and still no love. Look at young Tommy Smith there bombing up for that 3rd goal. He was in the box when it went in :o
Kinell look at the football for that first goal. Started off with Cally practically at our own corner flag. Dancing round them. Yeats though... :-X

Mate, don't get me started at the lack of love for our players. Hunt, St. John, Cally and moving forward  to the likes of Terry Mac, Souness, Jocky, even Stevie. Shocking

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #502 on: January 23, 2021, 12:44:15 pm »
Boom!

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #503 on: January 23, 2021, 12:46:29 pm »
Mate, don't get me started at the lack of love for our players. Hunt, St. John, Cally and moving forward  to the likes of Terry Mac, Souness, Jocky, even Stevie. Shocking
I don't need either but neither have still not been picked ;D it's quite incredible another red who hasn't been picked. I'm waiting to see him picked but it's not happening. There's actually a bunch of attacking players that im amazed haven't gone ( not all reds)

It's why i think i wouldn't be a problem to have Liverpool as a team in trends euro draft (especially with the option of stealing the more popular suspects)

Offline JordanTremenderson

• Kopite
« Reply #504 on: January 23, 2021, 12:56:11 pm »
1   Trend - De Bruyne, Djalma Santos, Klose, Koulibaly, Son, Kuyt, Payet, Fillol, Skrtel
2   Jordan - Mbappe, Zambrotta, Figueroa, Kompany, Aubameyang, Cocu, Hassler, Edwards, Pfaff
3   Samie - Batistuta, Nordahl, Di Bartolomei, Overath, Netzer, Augenthaler, Fernandez, Alderweireld, Lauren
4   DS - Vieira, Chiellini, Charles, Sterling, Montero, Toni, Sanchez, Antognoni, Barzagli,
5   Hazell - Falcao, Passarella, Trezeguet, Jones, Senna, Candela, Le Tissier, Buchwald
6   Lobo - Barnes, Rivelino, Mauro Silva, Forster, Hummels, Matthews, Gamarra, Lucas, Makaay
7   Philanthropist - Romario, Gascoigne, Dunga, Kane, Campbell, Grealish, Kanchelskis, Baines, Walker
8   The Lawnmowerman - Molby, Valeron, Aldridge, Conti, McMahon, Dzajic, Yeats, Chumpitaz, Byrne
9      Claus - Defoe, Crouch Ginola, Batty, Redknapp, Solano, Pearce, Samba, Hendry
10   GLB - George Weah, De Rossi, Gerson, Thiago Silva, Cantona, Jarni, Haaland, Yashin, Agger
11    Betty - Signori, Carlos Alberto, Beardsley Nilton Santos, Tigana, Valderrama, Vidal, Bonucci, Naybet
12   Lastrador - D Silva, Ballack, Van Nistelrooy, McGrath, Tresor, Briegel, Littbarski, Berthold, Kerimoglu, Banks
13   Defacto - Pires, Totti, Aldair, Verratti, King, Petit, Adriano, Scifo, Capdevilla, Piszczek
14   Bobby - Socrates, Shearer, Goikoetxea, Reus, Capello, McGrain, Tostao, Riva, Luisao, Heinze

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #505 on: January 23, 2021, 12:57:29 pm »
Goalkeeper rush incoming.

Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #506 on: January 23, 2021, 12:58:36 pm »
Goalkeeper rush incoming.

I've got like three that I can think of. I had Arphexad as well but then remembered he'd won the UEFA Cup with us.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #507 on: January 23, 2021, 01:01:02 pm »
I've got like three that I can think of. I had Arphexad as well but then remembered he'd won the UEFA Cup with us.

There's a few good ones before the quality drops quite severely. There's a couple of them from way back that by all accounts were absolutely world class but I don't know how recognisable/popular they would be.

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #508 on: January 23, 2021, 01:07:51 pm »

I can't wait to see who Claus has lined up at keeper.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #509 on: January 23, 2021, 01:08:10 pm »
Lawn and Viva, thanks for the dialogue and sharing here... Love it!!!
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #510 on: January 23, 2021, 01:15:03 pm »
Every time I look up, there is GLB making a damn good pick.

He's now the front runner!  He and Lawnmower, DeFacto, and Hazell.  Those 4 definitely the looking for Semi...
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #511 on: January 23, 2021, 01:22:16 pm »

There's a few good ones before the quality drops quite severely. There's a couple of them from way back that by all accounts were absolutely world class but I don't know how recognisable/popular they would be.

That's a tricky thing, a lot of players appear on 'greatest of...' lists but I'm not familiar with them so it's difficult to justify picking them.

I can't wait to see who Claus has lined up at keeper.

I'm hoping Jordan Pickford.

Oh, and I have two on my list now :P

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #512 on: January 23, 2021, 01:33:34 pm »
That's a tricky thing, a lot of players appear on 'greatest of...' lists but I'm not familiar with them so it's difficult to justify picking them.
That didn’t stop you from picking Sonny fucking Silooy before, did it?  ;D

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #513 on: January 23, 2021, 01:35:53 pm »
That didn’t stop you from picking Sonny fucking Silooy before, did it?  ;D

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #514 on: January 23, 2021, 01:46:17 pm »

Gerrard in the last one, pulling strings with Prosinecki and Laudrup for Puskas and Eusebio. Out first round.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #515 on: January 23, 2021, 02:16:43 pm »
Can philantropiss not receive messages?? He's up

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #516 on: January 23, 2021, 02:38:39 pm »
I have trends two picks if he's not back!

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #517 on: January 23, 2021, 02:43:00 pm »
Birindelli, Gary Kelly, Thomas N’Ko-no, WE DIDN’T START THE FIRE
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #518 on: January 23, 2021, 02:54:41 pm »
;D

Offline JordanTremenderson

• Kopite
« Reply #519 on: January 23, 2021, 02:57:58 pm »