Author Topic: VAR! Video Assistant Referee & Shite Referees in General  (Read 1339299 times)

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: VAR! Video Assistant Referee & Shite Referees in General
« Reply #25640 on: April 23, 2024, 06:22:42 pm »
Barcelona threatening legal action over a failure to award a goal at the Classico on the weekend. This is what VAR does, once it’s possible to reassess decisions after they’ve been made it becomes possible to imagine reassessing after the game is over.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #25641 on: April 23, 2024, 06:40:17 pm »
Ah, the Community Shield. Right.

Yeah piss City off with a decision and you don't get any more City games as Ref. Ask Simon Hooper.

Give them decisions and you get an all expenses paid trip to the UAE. I mean you have develop myopia so you miss Kovacic committing a couple of stonewall yellow/red card challenges. The myopia becomes so severe that you even see Doku drop-kick Macca.

I am sure his eyesight returns when he views his burgeoning bank balance though.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25642 on: April 23, 2024, 07:10:13 pm »
Barcelona threatening legal action over a failure to award a goal at the Classico on the weekend. This is what VAR does, once it’s possible to reassess decisions after they’ve been made it becomes possible to imagine reassessing after the game is over.

Nothing to do with VAR, for some strange reason they don't have goal line technology in La Liga.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25643 on: April 23, 2024, 09:18:25 pm »
They're just bothering to use it anymore. Rugby tackles are now allowed.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25644 on: April 23, 2024, 10:56:11 pm »
They're just bothering to use it anymore. Rugby tackles are now allowed.

It's absolutely pointless when fouls like that are allowed to go unpunished.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #25645 on: Yesterday at 12:42:09 am »
It's absolutely pointless when fouls like that are allowed to go unpunished.
They've been allowed since John Terry's time...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #25646 on: Yesterday at 01:03:54 am »
Yeah piss City off with a decision and you don't get any more City games as Ref. Ask Simon Hooper.

Give them decisions and you get an all expenses paid trip to the UAE. I mean you have develop myopia so you miss Kovacic committing a couple of stonewall yellow/red card challenges. The myopia becomes so severe that you even see Doku drop-kick Macca.

I am sure his eyesight returns when he views his burgeoning bank balance though.

What decisions were given before they referred in the SPL?
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Online The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25647 on: Yesterday at 08:50:29 am »
So why wasn't Jackson shown a red for that challenge in first half yesterday?

Online Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25648 on: Yesterday at 09:52:52 am »
They've been allowed since John Terry's time...

I remember a Euros (or maybe WC?) when they first had VAR and they aggressively stamped all of that out. Loads of penalties were awarded. It was really nice.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25649 on: Yesterday at 12:32:53 pm »
I remember a Euros (or maybe WC?) when they first had VAR and they aggressively stamped all of that out. Loads of penalties were awarded. It was really nice.

The 2018 world cup had lots of penalties. I made lots of money on it  :D

Noticed after the first load of games there were loads of pens. Bet365 offered odds on most games before kick off for first goal to be a penalty at about 14/1. The later the game went on, the higher those odds went.

So basically at the start of every match then after every goal I was betting on the first or next goal to be a penalty. I think there were one or 2 games with 2 pens which was nice. They caught on around the quarter final stage and cut the odds significantly and was no longer worth doing.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline swish

• Main Stander
« Reply #25650 on: Yesterday at 01:34:40 pm »
i am lost with it all, after the fulham game they said jota was ahead but because the lines touched they give the attacker the benefit of the doubt.
then when its close a green line is drawn, surely the lines from the manure vs Coventry game the lines where touching? looking at the lines they drew over Wan-Bissaka's foot.

i would love to hear the audio from that 3rd dodgy pen decision against everton, how that's not a pen i will never know