Author Topic: Liverpool v Swansea 12:30pm 21|01|17 Premier League.  (Read 16520 times)

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
Liverpool v Swansea 12:30pm 21|01|17 Premier League.
« on: January 18, 2017, 11:49:49 pm »

PART THREE:

Come in. Sit down. Shut up.

This to me, is part 3 of the season. Part two started after the final International break. The question we were asking ourselves was - could we recapture that rhythm we'd got going straight away, or will it take time? It took time, and we're still to really recapture it. We've been very busy tho, and there's been some fine wins along the way. Some draws too. Seven points between us and Chelsea. Beat Swansea. Beat Chelsea, then maybe some quarters will be able to tentatively pat their eyes. A scratch of the chin? Hmmnnn... maybe I guess.

Coutinho's back. Which is nice. Just his mere presence lifted the team when he came on at Old Trafford, and a slight, brief moment of hush came from the home fans too. Just very slightly they stepped back a bit... which he can make people do too... will everyone else be wired up to him is the question.

It's also quite nice to be out there first. Played a few games recently 'as black' ... the squad don't seem to look at it that way, but they do. So we bag 3 points this Saturday, and we're brave on the ball and we smile.

I was going to write about the city of Swansea, how their recent story is... play football yada yada, built this, built that, the fact they sacked Monk which looked daft then and looks daft now, about the fact I could find one band from Swansea... One!? How many small towns have a better return than that?! OK two then... just had another look... Badfinger and The Pooh Sticks. All I found last week was Badfinger. Any Badfinger fans? I gave them two.

I was going to stick in a song by the Swans, but it would have been a really shit joke. OK, so there's Acrimony too... just looked them up - stoner metal. Sounds good. Trampolene... Newish band. Lead singer is called "The Libertines Tour Poet". He does stand up poetry touring with the Libertines. Any Libertines fans here? Bit of stand up poetry anyone? Excellent stuff. We have 'Karnataka', they look appalling, not bothering with them, ... Viva Machine.... which is where I ...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/rsSnr2OcVu8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/rsSnr2OcVu8</a>

Let me know how it ends!  :wave

« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 11:51:39 pm by Filler. »

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
Re: Liverpool v Swansea 12:30pm 21|01|17 Premier League.
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 12:00:41 am »
Jesus H Christ! That was fucking awful.....the song not the preview of course. Cheers Filler :wave

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 01:02:43 am »
They don't have the personnel to park a bus and defend deep and keep it up all match long. They've conceded the most goals in the league. Their defense is Championship quality at best. They tried reverting back to the 'Swansea' way of playing against Arsenal and were absolutely blown away as their squad is a shadow of the side they were even 2-3 seasons ago and they can't do that anymore as well.

We don't have to perform at out best to win and win this convincingly.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 01:27:44 am »
I can't wait for this match, as we're due to give someone a trashing again especially with Phil back, and Firmino always plays better with his mate up front. I don't know who will join them in the front 3, neither Sturridge or Origi made a statement tonight. I don't want to see Lallana in the front 3 as he's crucial to our movement and passing in midfield, but as long as the two Samba lads play in the attacking third, we'll play much better.

Come on you fucking reds! We have 4 matches at home coming up [Swansea,Soton,Wolverhampton and Chelsea] let's build some momentum going into the Chelsea match.

Offline me76

• It's all in the reflexes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Believer
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 01:46:02 am »
Team selection will be interesting as always.  Wondering if Clyne will be back or will we see more TAA?  The Matip quandary as well, and then whether Lallana plays midfield or in the front 3 - and depending on where he plays, who takes the other spot, Can, Sturridge, Origi or one out of the box.
Jürgen Klopp: "I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2017, 02:44:44 am »
These can't afford to park the bus at Anfield and have a go. Were too far into the season and they need 3 points. They'll have a go. Paul Clement is no anti football, tony pulis. He comes from total football bayern, so lets see what puts out.
Seen us win everything

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2017, 03:17:34 am »
Would be absoultely disappointed if we don't get 3 points for this match. Swansea is there for taking.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 04:54:16 am by him_15 »
Believer

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2017, 06:05:11 am »
Need the 3 points. It's as simple as that.  Anything less will be a big blow to our titles chances. I'm going to remain positive and go for a 3-0 win.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2017, 06:55:51 am »
Looking forward to this, hopefully we can Start Firmino and Coutinho together for the first time in a while. I suppose the big question is who plays on that right side, I think he will opt for sturridge unless he goes with Lallana wide right, past few games I just don't think the balance has been right on that right side of the pitch. Plus with Matip's availability very murky right now I'd opt for the following:

Mignolet
Clyne     Lovren.     Klavan    Milner

Henderson
         Lallana.           Wijnaldum
 Sturridge.    Firmino    Coutinho

Tasty front six and with the exception of Mane and Matip the strongest team we've had in a while. If Clyne isn't fit then TAA would come in again but I think Clyne should be okay. Also I'd have Wilson on the bench again because he's comfortable on the right.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2017, 07:14:02 am »
Can't believe Plymouth was our first win of 2017??

Important we win, and I think we need to win well. We haven't been anywhere near our best for a while now, but stayed in touch with the top. 10 home games left for the season, we really can't afford to throw points like these ones away.

If we win 8-9 of our 10 home games we'll be on 70+ points before we even look at the away games, that'd be huge.
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline K-Lo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2017, 08:13:30 am »
Really looking forward to this game - first visit to Anfield since West Brom home game in October '14 and this time we're bringing my oldest, Lukas and his best friend for their first ever visit to Anfield. They're 10 years old and can't sleep with the excitement. He's Coutinho crazy so am thrilled he's back from injury.

We've looked a little off lately compared to earlier in the season so am hoping for a return to form, three points and a few goals  :)

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2017, 08:38:02 am »
Looks like it should be a comfortable win at home against a struggling side, we have enough to beat them and I would love to see another 4/5/6 goal victory again. Obviously you can't rule them out, but we should be able to get all three points.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2017, 08:42:57 am »
A win and a few goals please.

Offline A Dick

• Main Stander
  • How come Cafu is wearing Flanno's shirt?
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2017, 08:49:23 am »
Will be interesting to see who JK picks for this. Assuming Clyne is fit the back 4 will pick itself, only other question is whether Matip will be allowed to play. If not, Klavan/Lovren it is, which should be more than enough.

I'd imagine we'll go back to Hendo, Gini, Lallana in the middle. We play our best when we have that attacking a trio in the middle plus Lallana is wasted out wide, even Jurgen acknowledged that.

Mane's absence is huge though, we miss his pace and Origi and Sturridge just aren't quick on form at the moment plus Bobby is our best striker by a mile. I think he'll play safe and have coutinho on the left, origi down the middle and Firmino on the right but really i'd like to see Firmino through the middle and either Sturridge accept he's probably best suited to playing on the right now or one of Ojo, Ejaria, Woodburn, Wilson getting a go. Obviously none of them are half the player Mane is (yet) but they're quicker than Lallana would be out there and we really need some pace.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2017, 01:30:02 pm »
Looking forward to this, hopefully we can Start Firmino and Coutinho together for the first time in a while. I suppose the big question is who plays on that right side, I think he will opt for sturridge unless he goes with Lallana wide right, past few games I just don't think the balance has been right on that right side of the pitch. Plus with Matip's availability very murky right now I'd opt for the following:

Mignolet
Clyne     Lovren.     Klavan    Milner

Henderson
         Lallana.           Wijnaldum
 Sturridge.    Firmino    Coutinho

Tasty front six and with the exception of Mane and Matip the strongest team we've had in a while. If Clyne isn't fit then TAA would come in again but I think Clyne should be okay. Also I'd have Wilson on the bench again because he's comfortable on the right.

If Sturridge starts he'll start through the middle.  In my opinion, I think it's highly unlikely that he'll start this match.  I think that Klopp will go with Lallana in the front 3 with Can in the midfield.  While I think moving Lallana out of the midfield hurts our play a little that is what I think Klopp will do based on the last couple of games. 

Offline Souness1

• Kopite
  • Lallana is the second coming
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2017, 01:33:10 pm »
I wonder if we will play Can and Gini again and both Sturridge and Origi will be on the bench. Both were left out completely last night.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2017, 01:42:02 pm »
Need the 3 points. It's as simple as that.  Anything less will be a big blow to our titles chances. I'm going to remain positive and go for a 3-0 win.

yes. it's a must win (we are getting to the point where all the games are must win). Not only for the title but to keep consolidating Top 4.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2017, 01:43:59 pm »
Just go back to what we do best as we're back to full strength (minus Mane) but not necessarily match fitness.  Replace Mane's pace with Ojo's and see where it leads us. 

We've seen the effects of moving senior players around to fill in for unjuries and absentees but it just unbalances things and we lose the qualities of the players moved out of position which weakens the whole set up/system.

Migs

Clyne
Lovren
Klaven/Matip (if FIFA have pulled their finger out)
Milner

Hendo
Gini
Lallana

Cou
Firmino
Ojo

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2017, 01:58:19 pm »
Swansea Sat (H)
Southampton Wed (H)
Wolves Sat (H)
Chelsea Tues (H)

Are we expecting Coutinho to play 3 out of those 4 games after returning from injury and playing for 65 minutes last night? I wouldn't be surprised if Coutinho started on the bench and we saw Origi or Sturridge upfront, with Firmino and Lallana in behind again, with Can or Wjinaldum pushed further forward. Maybe even both Sturridge and Origi. I just find it hard to see Coutinho starting 4 out of 5 games on his return.

We desperately need to find some good form and rhythm again, to put some wins together.

We really should be comfortably beating Swansea at home with the players we have available.

------------------Mignolet------------------

-Clyne-----Lovren-----Klavan-----Milner-

-----------------Henderson----------------

--------Wjinaldum-------Lallana----------

--Firmino-----------------------Origi-----

------------------Sturridge----------------

That would be my team to be honest.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2017, 02:22:02 pm »
Swansea Sat (H)
Southampton Wed (H)
Wolves Sat (H)
Chelsea Tues (H)

Are we expecting Coutinho to play 3 out of those 4 games after returning from injury and playing for 65 minutes last night?

Looking at this schedule I won't be too surprised if Klopp plays the kids in the FA Cup match against Wolves.  I expect full strength for the other 3 with Coutinho playing in each of them.  Whether he gets 90 minutes or not I'm not sure but I'm betting he starts them all.

Offline amirani

• Legacy Fan
  • Carolina Red!
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2017, 03:01:57 pm »
Yes, Arsenal did beat Swansea by 4 goals. But it doesn't mean Swansea will just roll over. Instead they will look to bounce back. We gotta make sure we score early. If we don't, Klopp should not wait till like the 80th minute to make substitutions.

This reminds me of the situation where Arsenal played West Ham away and beat them 5-1. We played West Ham at Home next and most of us thought it would be similar kind of big victory for us. I guess everyone remembers how that game ended.

Line-up I would go with is.

Mignolet
Clyne    Lovren    Klavan    Milner
                   Hendo
           Lallana      Emre
       Firmino           Coutinho
                 Sturridge

Not sure if Firmino has played on the right wing for us this season but I feel like we could give it a try. I am going with Emre ahead of Gini because Emre is a bigger goal threat.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 03:37:48 pm by amirani »

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2017, 03:06:02 pm »
...Badfinger and The Pooh Sticks...

Is that one band, or two?

Because, sort of makes sense conceptually... ;)
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline mkingdon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2017, 03:54:30 pm »
I think we'll see Lallana up top again which, as many have said, doesn't seem to have worked too well.

I'd prefer him in midfield with Sturridge starting. There will be a lot of chances (I think) and he should be on the pitch to convert them.

Migs

TAA/Clyne   Klavan  Lovren   Milner

Henderson

Lallana                      Winjaldum

Firmino        Sturridge          Coutinho

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2017, 03:59:17 pm »
Looks like it should be a comfortable win at home against a struggling side, we have enough to beat them and I would love to see another 4/5/6 goal victory again. Obviously you can't rule them out, but we should be able to get all three points.

Have you just invoked the Curse of Overweening Complacency?

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2017, 04:05:28 pm »
Just win and get back in the habit. Feel like we're gonna have to scrape results until we get back in the flow of things, and unfortunately don't see that happening until Mane is back, Lallana is back in midfield, and Firmino is back up front

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2017, 04:11:27 pm »
3 points and a decent performance. Is it ever that simple..?

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2017, 04:21:18 pm »
I'd prefer him in midfield with Sturridge starting. There will be a lot of chances (I think) and he should be on the pitch to convert them.

Based on current form, I just don't understand why so many people want Sturridge to start this match. 

Offline Digger2God

• Legacy Fan
  • Believe IT!
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2017, 04:24:36 pm »
We should beat these. In their last league 8 games, they have lost 7 games and conceded three or more goals in 6 of those 7 (conceded 2 in their other loss).  We are at home missing Mane in attack. We should start Sturridge despite his recent form. If we do not win, then we do not deserve to win the league. 
"How many do you want?! How MANY do you want?"

Offline Digger2God

• Legacy Fan
  • Believe IT!
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2017, 04:27:28 pm »
Based on current form, I just don't understand why so many people want Sturridge to start this match.

He is in a bad form -- there is no denying that. But he needs a decent run out with the first team to see what he can do. Swansea is the perfect game to try him out. I am sure he will be a goal threat against a side that will surely will be sitting deep. If he starts and stinks up the place, then I would agree with him not really starting games.
"How many do you want?! How MANY do you want?"

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2017, 04:40:20 pm »
Nice one as always, Filler mate :thumbup :wellin
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2017, 04:42:14 pm »
Just win and get back in the habit. Feel like we're gonna have to scrape results until we get back in the flow of things, and unfortunately don't see that happening until Mane is back, Lallana is back in midfield, and Firmino is back up front

We'll be fine with Coutinho back

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2017, 05:01:17 pm »
He is in a bad form -- there is no denying that. But he needs a decent run out with the first team to see what he can do. Swansea is the perfect game to try him out. I am sure he will be a goal threat against a side that will surely will be sitting deep. If he starts and stinks up the place, then I would agree with him not really starting games.

Wasn't much of a goal threat against the last team that sat deep and looked to defend with 10 players behind the ball. 

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2017, 05:25:43 pm »
Thanks for the OP, made me laugh. We have done well in these types of matches at home, West Ham apart. Against that it is never easy in the EPL. If we show up and are clinical then we should win it. Swansea gave us a right going over, first half, earlier on this season. I don't know how they are going to play, new manager etc. I hope they come to play football and give it a go, it would be the best thing for us. I am going for a win for us, that would be great. A few goals, even better, a good performance to boot ... great. But I will take any kind of win. Gonna be tight unless we play like we haven't been playing for a while now. Any win please.
I think it will be the usual team injuries and FIFA permitting.

Migs,
Clyne  Matip   Lovren   Milner
              Hendo
Lallana              Gini

Divock    Bobby    PC

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2017, 05:29:29 pm »
Nice to play before everyone else this time - win and sit back knowing City, Spurs or both will drop points.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2017, 05:38:26 pm »
Swansea Sat (H)
Southampton Wed (H)
Wolves Sat (H)
Chelsea Tues (H)

Are we expecting Coutinho to play 3 out of those 4 games after returning from injury and playing for 65 minutes last night? I wouldn't be surprised if Coutinho started on the bench and we saw Origi or Sturridge upfront, with Firmino and Lallana in behind again, with Can or Wjinaldum pushed further forward. Maybe even both Sturridge and Origi. I just find it hard to see Coutinho starting 4 out of 5 games on his return.

We desperately need to find some good form and rhythm again, to put some wins together.

We really should be comfortably beating Swansea at home with the players we have available.

------------------Mignolet------------------

-Clyne-----Lovren-----Klavan-----Milner-

-----------------Henderson----------------

--------Wjinaldum-------Lallana----------

--Firmino-----------------------Origi-----

------------------Sturridge----------------

That would be my team to be honest.

I would start Coutinho on Saturday and bring him off around the hour mark. He needs to be up to 90 minutes fitness before Chelsea, and he won't get that on the bench. 60-70 mins against Swansea, same again against Southampton, half an hour against Wolves off the bench.  That should see him right for Chelsea
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2017, 05:48:02 pm »
points and performance please, in that order please. Although with 2 big games on the horizon we need to smash them early doors and make 10 subs at half time. Something tells me this won't happen.    We need to ideally put these to bed with minimal fuss though, we need to be clinical to take the heat out of the game so we are not chasing 3 points in the last 20 minutes etc.  I'm expecting a really big performance and a staement of intent to take us into these next games (Saints & Chelsea) as ultimately we need to win both of them.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2017, 06:02:31 pm »
Would love us to smash them. It feels like quite a while since we came out guns blazing.

Coutinho, Lallana, Hendo, Bobby, unleash the bastards!!
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2017, 06:21:25 pm »
We haven't scored in open play since Wijnaldum against City almost 6 full matches ago. Obviously goals count however they're scored and we have scored 4 in 5 since then with many mitigating factors thrown in.

That said a nice 2 or 3 goal win wouldn't harm to calm everyone's nerves a little.  Teams around us are boosting goal difference by the week it seems so a comfortable win would be great.

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2017, 06:49:59 pm »
Come on Redmen!!
Should be the perfect time to get our squad firing again.
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2017, 07:34:26 pm »
We haven't scored in open play since Wijnaldum against City almost 6 full matches ago. Obviously goals count however they're scored and we have scored 4 in 5 since then with many mitigating factors thrown in.

That said a nice 2 or 3 goal win wouldn't harm to calm everyone's nerves a little.  Teams around us are boosting goal difference by the week it seems so a comfortable win would be great.

Yeah, though I'd take 1-0 off of Firmino's arse (as I would every game) as this particular match to me seems like it's going to be tougher than it looks. We've been playing every few days now for what seems like an eternity (unlike Swansea) and our performances have dropped off from the level they were at earlier on this season and Swansea have a new manager at the helm (and seemed to play well against Arsenal last week before collapsing) which is always a bit of an unknown so I might approaching this with a little more trepidation than I ought to. I think I'm going be pretty nervous come Saturday, probably irrationally so.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.