Author Topic: La Casa de Papel (Money Heist) TV Series  (Read 6254 times)

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
La Casa de Papel (Money Heist) TV Series
« on: November 23, 2019, 07:43:22 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMANIarjT50
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6468322/

Anyone watching this? Im thinking about giving it a go. Thoughts?

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Re: La Casa de Papel (Money Heist) TV Series
« Reply #1 on: April 3, 2020, 12:24:44 pm »
Woah! This is a bump and a half  ;D

And no one answered the original post, shame!

Anyway, for those who do watch La Casa de Papel, the good news is, part 4 is now on Netflix from today.

I absolutely love this show. It's totally bonkers, a lot of action, also very touching at times, with some dark humour thrown in, and it puts you in that odd place when you really start to sympathise with the 'bad guys' and end up liking so many of them! I especially love the character of El Profesor, played brilliantly by Alvaro Morte.

And for those with time on their hands now who are trying to stay in as much as possible, for sure it's worth a look.

Here's a trailer to part 4:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_PJbmrX4uk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_PJbmrX4uk</a>

And the Bella Ciao scene / song with El Profesor and Berlin which has become the anthem of the show:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spCdFMnQ1Fk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spCdFMnQ1Fk</a>

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #2 on: April 3, 2020, 02:57:20 pm »
Thanks for the reminder about this! Meant to watch it for ages and never got round to it. Will give it a go

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: April 4, 2020, 07:44:20 pm »
It's great. The voice thing is a little annoying for the first few episodes but you get used to it. I watched the whole of season 3 yesterday it did not dissapoint.

Offline Tombellylfc

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #4 on: April 4, 2020, 07:55:27 pm »
It's great. The voice thing is a little annoying for the first few episodes but you get used to it. I watched the whole of season 3 yesterday it did not dissapoint.

Are you watching it with the english dubbed over the top? I found that really annoying and switched it to spanish with subtitles (like watching narcos etc) which is what others have suggested to do and it is much better.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: April 4, 2020, 11:18:35 pm »
I can't cope with dubbed, only ever watched it with subtitles.

So yeah, like Tom says above - if you've been watching it dubbed, give it a go with subtitles!   Dubbed shows are so weird, I want to hear the actual on screen actors voices.

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: April 5, 2020, 04:36:16 am »
Are you watching it with the english dubbed over the top? I found that really annoying and switched it to spanish with subtitles (like watching narcos etc) which is what others have suggested to do and it is much better.

Yeah I watch it with english, i think the english narrators portray the character better. But that's just my personal preference.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #7 on: April 8, 2020, 01:18:02 am »
Yeah I watch it in English, Denver’s laugh isn’t the same in the original

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: April 8, 2020, 02:50:02 am »
Surely it’s the other way around  ;D

La Casa without Denver’s real laugh is just not La Casa!

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9 on: April 8, 2020, 11:36:53 pm »
One of the best series I've ever seen, just finished series 4 and cannot wait for 5!

Don't want to ruin anything but the music in the whole thing has been perfect, I've been singing ti amo all week.

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: April 9, 2020, 12:31:20 am »
Love this, been waiting for new series. watch with subtitles and you soon forget it's in Spanish
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #11 on: April 9, 2020, 02:29:11 am »
Bella ciao is such a great song

Offline Hendollama

• Baldanovski stan. Injustice can be committed only by persons who cannot be touched, only by persons who have power and authority.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: April 9, 2020, 07:24:49 am »
Enjoyed the first 3 parts, but couldn't really enjoy the 4th part. Arturito's and Gandia's characters are just written in a way that sours the experience.
Happy is the man who avoids hardship, but how fine is the man who is afflicted and shows endurance.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2020, 01:21:36 pm »
This is a favorite too.  The Professor, reminds me of someone on RAWK -- but I just can't quite grasp who?   :)
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2020, 02:08:06 pm »
Does it get better? Watched the first ep on Netflix with the annoying American voice dubbing on and found it all a bit cheesy to be honest.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2020, 09:49:47 pm »
Does it get better? Watched the first ep on Netflix with the annoying American voice dubbing on and found it all a bit cheesy to be honest.

Definitely has some fromage, but I do like the concept of ripping off the capitalists at their own game...

It has some soap opera-y type ideas at times, but the filming, location, and ideas for heist are interesting (at more so than US tele much of the time).
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2020, 10:14:17 am »

Doesn't it let you change to Spanish with subtitles? Can't imagine it with American.

I've enjoyed this series a lot,  parts 1 and 2 especially, and it's massively popular here. Part 3 I did enjoy but it's clear that the original story was "planned" to end after part 2 so it does feel a little forced.  Didn't have time to watch 4 yet.

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2020, 09:52:59 am »
My 14 year old son recommended this to me.  I'll give it a go when I get a chance as it sounds interesting.
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2020, 09:17:07 pm »

Watch it in Spanish with subs

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2020, 11:00:28 am »
Great show. Can't wait to start the new season today.

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2020, 04:18:03 pm »
I've just finished watching this after binging my way through all four parts.  I watched with the dubbed voices but after the first couple of episodes I got used to it.  The latter two series are dubbed to a far better standard and it's hardly noticeable.

Either way people watch it, I'd still highly recommend.  Berlin and Nairobi are probably my favourite characters for different reasons.

Bella Ciao!

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2020, 04:59:22 pm »
Almost finished part 2. What a show - it's just so addictive, even when it goes completely outlandish.

Spoilers up to Part 2, Episode 6

Spoiler
Tokyo on the motorbike speeding through the police zone back into the Mint was one of the stupidest things I've ever seen. All those cops - and snipers - and not one of them got her!

Any scene with the Professor is brilliant. Seeing him try to deal with problems, and creating larger ones as a result, is my favourite part of the show. From having to pose as the homeless guy and piss himself, to choking out Raquel's husband and then beating himself black and blue, to dressing as a clown to slip into the hospital  ;D
[close]

Haven't tried the dubbing (didn't appreciate it was an option) but I don't mind the subtitles. After a while, you stop notice you're reading them and just feel like you understand what the characters are saying. One thing I would say is that I wish I'd seen the original cut of the show with fewer but longer episodes. Some of the editing is quite jarring, and sometimes there are clear end of episode twists that instead land in the first half of an episode.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 05:01:14 pm by Barefoot Doctor »

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2020, 05:03:59 pm »
there's a great cameo appearance that really catches you off guard in season 3
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: June 6, 2020, 10:35:47 am »
Just finished Part 4 last night. Reckon the second season was even better than the first, more confident and you can see they got that lovely Netflix budget - lots of glamorous locations and some great songs.

Going to be ages until Part 5 though, think with COVID we’ll be lucky to get it next year.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #24 on: June 6, 2020, 02:30:55 pm »
Unpopular opinion time - I found it hard to get through S1 - thought it was awful.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: June 6, 2020, 03:55:20 pm »
Season 4 was really good. Very suspenseful

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #26 on: June 8, 2020, 06:13:05 pm »
I'm only on S02E05, but I'd really love ...

Spoiler
to kill Arturo.
[close]
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: June 9, 2020, 05:49:13 pm »
I must admit that while I enjoyed the first 2 series, I gave up on this after the 2nd episode of series 3.  I just thought...

Spoiler
"You mean...they're going to do this again?!?!"
[close]
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2020, 03:35:39 pm »
I must admit that while I enjoyed the first 2 series, I gave up on this after the 2nd episode of series 3.  I just thought...

Spoiler
"You mean...they're going to do this again?!?!"
[close]
Yeah someone said to me the other day they stopped after s2 as it seemed.like the natural conclusion. Could be seen kinda like prison break. But i still think they d9d well in carrying  it on
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 06:44:21 pm by Sir Psycho Sexy »

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2020, 04:20:30 pm »
Would recommend the Netflix documentary on it, really interesting. Basically the show was a flop, more or less, in Spain - then exploded after Netflix picked up distribution rights. Really fascinating seeing some of the behind the scenes stuff, especially the crazy crowds they attracted to Italy when they were filming on the streets of Florence.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2020, 05:58:21 pm »
I'm only on S02E05, but I'd really love ...

Spoiler
to kill Arturo.
[close]

Hahahaha just wait until the next few seasons

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2020, 06:44:49 pm »
Yeah i didn't want to spoil anything but it gets worse

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2020, 11:07:46 pm »

Yeah, I'm caught up now, and I see what you mean. I mean, for fuck's sake  :lmao

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2020, 11:22:41 pm »
You catch up quickly, have you finished up to the end of season 4?

Offline red mongoose

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2020, 11:33:59 pm »
You catch up quickly, have you finished up to the end of season 4?

Yep, and then I went and saw that season four had just come out in April, meaning season five is due God knows when.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2020, 11:09:54 am »
Then you know just how much of a twat he is haha

I'm not expecting season 5 for a few years at the moment.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2020, 12:33:30 pm »
I actually watched the pilot episode of this last night, and found it pretty enjoyable.  Was a bit of an impulse watch really, given that I started Mad Men again from the beginning on Monday evening, only to find that it was removed from Netflix the following day!

Looking forward to getting stuck into this series.  I've not really heard much about it, and after the first episode am curious to see where it goes.

As an aside, one of the things I used to quite enjoy doing (given that there are some quite in-depth tv show discussion threads here in the Media & Arts section) is coming on here to 'read along' with series that I might have started later than it was broadcast.  I'd cross-reference the given episode's original broadcast date, and read the discussion up to that point.  Can't do that given the way things are released for viewing now  :(  Probably means I can't read up this page, either  ;D

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2020, 12:51:47 pm »
S4 spoiler

Spoiler
Nairobi's death was genuinely one of the most emotional ones I can remember from recent years.
[close]

Offline red mongoose

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2020, 04:46:11 pm »
Then you know just how much of a twat he is haha

I'm not expecting season 5 for a few years at the moment.

I don't know if you watched that documentary they made of the series, but in there the actor said of him "he's a guy you love to hate," that old nugget. When I hate someone or something, there's no loving involved - I'm not happy to hate United - they are just horrible gobshites unctuous with grease and scuzz who deserve nothing but spite, so that's what I give them. He's the same. I'm really kind of worked up over it  ;D

Offline red mongoose

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2020, 04:48:20 pm »
S4 spoiler

Spoiler
Nairobi's death was genuinely one of the most emotional ones I can remember from recent years.
[close]

Spoiler
It was shocking, wasn't it? It was hard to believe they pulled the trigger (literally) on that, but it lent the season some much-needed gravitas.
[close]