Author Topic: Chasing the Title  (Read 1411018 times)

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
Re: Chasing the Title
« Reply #7920 on: March 10, 2019, 06:48:33 pm »
Just take a minute to reflect.

Forget about us and take a look at the league table.
City are 13 points ahead of the rest of the pack and their goal difference is over twice that of Spurs.
In a normal season that would be a run-away victory and most people would say that the league is over.
Chelsea, United, Arsenal and Spurs are a long way behind City.

Now put us back into the equation and you can say just about the same about us.
In a normal season we would be run-away winners of the league.

City have been here before so it's remarkable that we are one point and a handful of goals behind them.
One slip from either team may be enough.

It's been a very good season and let's hope that we can over-haul City as it would be an incredible achievement.
#JFT97

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7921 on: March 10, 2019, 06:57:13 pm »
City will have to face Cardiff who is fighting relegation. Then travel to Crystal Palace who is not yet assured safety. Then Spurs at home & away to United, both of whom are desperate to stay in the top 4. It's possible Brighton might need points on the final day to avoid the drop.

City will drop points.
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #7922 on: March 10, 2019, 07:03:43 pm »
City will have to face Cardiff who is fighting relegation. Then travel to Crystal Palace who is not yet assured safety. Then Spurs at home & away to United, both of whom are desperate to stay in the top 4. It's possible Brighton might need points on the final day to avoid the drop.

City will drop points.

No one knows what will happen but their April is going to be mental.

As I keep saying, the CL draw will be massive
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #7923 on: March 10, 2019, 08:24:42 pm »
The media narrative around us and City at the min is getting beyond a joke! Been away this weekend so couldn’t go the game and had to watch both games on TV. Thought Watford did a job on City yesterday first half and City created very little. You could see how the frustrated their players where surrounding the ref at HT and the fans booing   Yet all Keown and the commentator went on about was how City had controlled the game first half and the goal will surely come. Well yes it did from a bent ref but Watford where more than keeping them at arms length.
Go to are game today, we go a goal down from another bent ref and it’s all ‘Liverpool look nervous’ Fuck Off! When we went 3-1 up jumped in the car and even after the final whistle Mickey Gray was saying ‘oh when it went 3-2 in injury time liverpool looked shaky and nervous’. Yeah for about 20 secs then they just stepped up and scored again, you whopper!
Let’s see what they say next week when we go back top by two points and City have a game in hand v Man U. Will they say the pressure is on City again like they did with us when city went top and we had a game in hand away to Man U?  Doubt it!
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #7924 on: March 10, 2019, 08:29:57 pm »

City will drop points.

They also have to go to Burnley who are in a relegation dogfight themselves now. 2 points above Cardiff who are in 18th.
YWNA

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #7925 on: March 10, 2019, 08:39:12 pm »
They also have to go to Burnley who are in a relegation dogfight themselves now. 2 points above Cardiff who are in 18th.
Let’s not forget though we’ve got to go to Cardiff as well. To be honest I don’t think Cardiff will be a problem for either side. The one City should worry about as you say is Burnley away, that won’t be easy. We seen today Burnley are always in the game. But also for us the one that worries me the most of all our away games is Southampton, especially with it now being a night game. Which always lifts any crowd
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline GeorgiaRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7926 on: March 10, 2019, 09:24:41 pm »
Yep, thank god the players aren't like their fans. They'd throw it even if that game was their last chance of getting top four.

With the loss to the gooners today they are now outside the top 4, so if it stays like this the pressure will be on them to win via City.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7927 on: March 10, 2019, 09:26:39 pm »
The media narrative around us and City at the min is getting beyond a joke! Been away this weekend so couldn’t go the game and had to watch both games on TV. Thought Watford did a job on City yesterday first half and City created very little. You could see how the frustrated their players where surrounding the ref at HT and the fans booing   Yet all Keown and the commentator went on about was how City had controlled the game first half and the goal will surely come. Well yes it did from a bent ref but Watford where more than keeping them at arms length.
Go to are game today, we go a goal down from another bent ref and it’s all ‘Liverpool look nervous’ Fuck Off! When we went 3-1 up jumped in the car and even after the final whistle Mickey Gray was saying ‘oh when it went 3-2 in injury time liverpool looked shaky and nervous’. Yeah for about 20 secs then they just stepped up and scored again, you whopper!
Let’s see what they say next week when we go back top by two points and City have a game in hand v Man U. Will they say the pressure is on City again like they did with us when city went top and we had a game in hand away to Man U?  Doubt it!

Basically the narrative is, when we drop points it's because "we're feeling the pressure". When City drop points it's because "they're complacent" and "games are too easy for them".

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #7928 on: March 10, 2019, 09:37:31 pm »
I was just reading a Spurs forum to see their take their board/Levy etc and the view is that if they are to miss out on a place in the top four, a decent consolation would be denting our title chances when they come to Anfield. Watford supporters wanted to get something from Anfield but then absolutely roll over for City. You'd expect it from the usual suspects like United and Everton and a few others but it's looking more and more as if absolutely no one wants us to win this league. It just astounds me.

To be fair, Watford have a big FA Cup game coming up.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #7929 on: March 10, 2019, 09:42:31 pm »
Regardless of the narrative around City, or the conspiracy theories about teams rolling over for them but not for us (really?!?), the current reality is that we are within a point with 8 games to go.

After 30 games last season City had 81 points, and we had 60 - a 21 point chasm. We'd been out of the race for months, we were holding out for 4th spot, and had conceded exactly double our current 17 GA.

They are 7 points worse off than the same stage last year, and we are 13 points better - a 20 point swing in one season. Regardless of what happens in the next 8 games that is remarkable progress by any standard.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #7930 on: March 10, 2019, 09:59:18 pm »
To be honest I’m effing loving it. And that’s in spite of the recent draws. No team is invulnerable throughout a season. Both us and city have shown that. But the reality is we’re within a nats chuff of them and their run in is far from a foregone conclusion. We may not do it, but we’ve got a great chance. It’s set up for a fantastic end of season, and if we manage it... what a magnificent achievement it will be. 

The team have worked their bollocks off to be in this position at this point in the season. We should enjoy it.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #7931 on: March 10, 2019, 10:01:47 pm »
When Liverpool win the title and Klopp answers his critics:

Everybody stop talking now. Attention. I told you, all of my critics, I told you all that Liverpool was the greatest of all time. I told you today, Liverpool's still the greatest of all time. Never again defeat us. Never again say that we're going to be defeated. Never again make us the underdog.

But we didn’t dance. We didn’t dance for a reason. We wanted to make City lose all his power. We kept telling him he had no legs, he couldn’t kick, he’s playing like a sissy, he’s missing, lemme see ya shoot. We hadn’t start dancing yet.
Genius!

I read it in his voice as well! Not Klopp's, but Muhammad Ali's!

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7932 on: March 10, 2019, 10:04:29 pm »
City winning the quadruple?  Food for thought for any Utd fans who would want their team to roll over against City.  Much as they would hate us to clinch no 19 it would be short term pain.  City winning everything would be.....

No way Utd will throw the towel in.
Very good point

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7933 on: March 10, 2019, 10:06:04 pm »
In 13/14, the weekend that decided the title saw Liverpool play at home to Chelsea, while City played away at Crystal Palace.

18/19, on 13th and 14th April, Liverpool play at home to Chelsea, while City play away at Crystal Palace.

A reversal of 13/14 would be fucking sensational.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7934 on: March 10, 2019, 10:10:37 pm »
1 down. 8 to go. Now focus on the CL and Munich which will be a huge game too.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #7935 on: March 10, 2019, 10:11:53 pm »
If City go on a 14 games winning streak to win the league, well fair fucking play.

What I want Liverpool to do is force City to go on a 14 game winning streak to win the league, if they do that, even if they don't win the league, it'll be the best Liverpool team i've seen.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7936 on: March 10, 2019, 10:13:29 pm »
8 games.. wow, when you put it like that not really long left.

We can’t do any more than win or games, late April is the only chance I see city dropping points.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7937 on: March 10, 2019, 10:18:19 pm »
8 games.. wow, when you put it like that not really long left.

We can’t do any more than win or games, late April is the only chance I see city dropping points.
Same.

Late April/early May is when the wheels fall off.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #7938 on: March 10, 2019, 10:23:20 pm »
Basically the narrative is, when we drop points it's because "we're feeling the pressure". When City drop points it's because "they're complacent" and "games are too easy for them".

Yeah well the gap was 4 points just 24 hours ago and now it’s down to 1 - they’re clearly bottling it

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7939 on: March 10, 2019, 10:40:41 pm »
If City go on a 14 games winning streak to win the league, well fair fucking play.

What I want Liverpool to do is force City to go on a 14 game winning streak to win the league, if they do that, even if they don't win the league, it'll be the best Liverpool team i've seen.

Think they've won 17 of their last 18 in all comps. Surely that's unsustainable!!?  I'm fucking praying it is anyway.

Offline CS111

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7940 on: March 10, 2019, 10:50:46 pm »
I hate the fact we still have Chelsea to play, they seem to have something over us for some reason
Did I read a stat earlier, could be wrong, in the prem we have only beaten them twice from 16 games

Online Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7941 on: March 10, 2019, 10:52:33 pm »
I hate the fact we still have Chelsea to play, they seem to have something over us for some reason
Did I read a stat earlier, could be wrong, in the prem we have only beaten them twice from 16 games

Maybe at the Bridge? Our record against them used to be horrific but I’m sure it’s not been as bad, discounting the obvious game in 14

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7942 on: March 10, 2019, 10:53:43 pm »

That's a possibility. Our recent wins were both under Klopp [both at the bridge,3-1 and 2-1], we haven't won since then. The last win before that was in 2012 we beat them 4-1 I believe and that was the last time we beat them at Anfield. 7 bloody years is far too fucking long

Offline CS111

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7943 on: March 10, 2019, 10:57:35 pm »
Have been saying for a while, get past the Chelsea game level or in front and I think we’ll do it

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #7944 on: March 10, 2019, 11:39:20 pm »
As I keep saying, the CL draw will be massive

The two Manchester clubs drawn against each other please. Let them exhaust each other over two legs

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7945 on: March 11, 2019, 03:22:52 am »
The two Manchester clubs drawn against each other please. Let them exhaust each other over two legs

In this particular season only, I would prefer it if United beat City LOL as United are not a threat to us winning the Premiership but City certainly is.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #7946 on: March 11, 2019, 04:00:29 am »
When Liverpool win the title and Klopp answers his critics:

Everybody stop talking now. Attention. I told you, all of my critics, I told you all that Liverpool was the greatest of all time. I told you today, Liverpool's still the greatest of all time. Never again defeat us. Never again say that we're going to be defeated. Never again make us the underdog.

But we didn’t dance. We didn’t dance for a reason. We wanted to make City lose all his power. We kept telling him he had no legs, he couldn’t kick, he’s playing like a sissy, he’s missing, lemme see ya shoot. We hadn’t start dancing yet.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/1LSewbS5eQI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/1LSewbS5eQI</a>

All of you chumps are gonna bow when I whoop him. All of ya! I know you got him, I know you got him picked. But the man's in trouble. I'mma show you how great I am!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 04:09:01 am by ScouserAtHeart »
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Phatz

• Clean and serene... Yeah right...RAWK's Resident Pet Shop Boy?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Not being funny right, but...
« Reply #7947 on: March 11, 2019, 07:38:38 am »
After reading the last few pages after being away for a while, you's lot have cheered me right up.

Nice one boys and girls.

:)
'Nuff said...

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #7948 on: March 11, 2019, 08:06:25 am »

is dropba still playing ?

if not maybe a different team that still carries a name that's the same...that's all it is....our name has won 18 league titles and 5 European cups...god help Chelsea then

come on guys don't fall for that shit
success = the absence of the fear of failure

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #7949 on: March 11, 2019, 08:56:50 am »
I think I'm right about this but the fixtures, as they stand, have us playing before them every weekend. Add in the game they don't play next weekend because of the FA Cup, it means that, if we win our games, even though they have the potential to win out and finish a point ahead, they will start every game 5 points behind us until the final day of the season?

Does anyone know if the FA Cup semi-finals can go to a replay or is it extra time & penalties directly?

"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #7950 on: March 11, 2019, 09:09:42 am »
I think I'm right about this but the fixtures, as they stand, have us playing before them every weekend. Add in the game they don't play next weekend because of the FA Cup, it means that, if we win our games, even though they have the potential to win out and finish a point ahead, they will start every game 5 points behind us until the final day of the season?

Does anyone know if the FA Cup semi-finals can go to a replay or is it extra time & penalties directly?

Semis are at Wembley last time I checked. ET and penalties.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #7951 on: March 11, 2019, 09:10:11 am »

Pretty sure that’s not right  ;D

We’ve got Fulham next and their game in hand I think is near the end of April but pretty much every other matchweek they play before us
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7952 on: March 11, 2019, 09:13:19 am »
Think they've won 17 of their last 18 in all comps. Surely that's unsustainable!!?  I'm fucking praying it is anyway.

I had pointed this out earlier and some thought that I was talking rubbish. But the truth is - if we are to win the premiership, we have to be better than the best team the premiership has ever known so far which is City. Now that the initiative is no longer with us in that we are now 1 point behind them, we have to win every single match remaining and hope that they drop points as the business end of the season kicks in.  It's going to be nail bitingly exciting but as long as the team gives their all, that's all we can ask from them. Win or lose, we are going upwards and only going to get better next season God willing.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #7953 on: March 11, 2019, 09:15:08 am »
Their game in hand is spuds or United depending how you look at it
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #7954 on: March 11, 2019, 09:18:09 am »
Pretty sure that’s not right  ;D

We’ve got Fulham next and their game in hand I think is near the end of April but pretty much every other matchweek they play before us
Do we not have two Friday games? Surely they're both before city's games?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 09:21:13 am by Perham »
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7955 on: March 11, 2019, 09:18:42 am »

What on earth

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7956 on: March 11, 2019, 09:22:21 am »
I forgot they had Burnley away

That is a grim game for them to have in the run-in... just praying Burnley are still fighting relegation because that will be a dogfight

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7957 on: March 11, 2019, 09:28:58 am »
Have been saying for a while, get past the Chelsea game level or in front and I think we’ll do it

It feels like the game of big significance given city playing away to palace on the same day, before us. And I agree. If we sneak our noses in front by full time at that cheslea game I think we'll be favourites by a margin. All won't be lost if we don't of course.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #7958 on: March 11, 2019, 09:34:06 am »
Spurs, Southamption away then Chelsea...

Massive few games in this race for us. Massive. I think that if we get past them (assuming Fulham away is a win of course) and still only be within a point then we will do it

City have won 9/10 games. That is insane and credit to them for that....but have they peaked too early? I think so.
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7959 on: March 11, 2019, 09:44:03 am »
Crunch time for City is from mid to late April and on the assumption they get through to the 1/4 of the CL.

International break helps no one as usual.