Author Topic: "Green and Gold, it's O5e from Molde!" - Cornering like a reliant robin..  (Read 3426351 times)

Offline Shady Craig

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The FA doesn't even allow charity shield goals to be counted to player totals, cards to carry over, you do t even have to win anything to take part so bollocks is it a recognised trophy.

Offline Gerry83

• Meff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Used to be Jeff, too much crystal
Re: "Green and Gold, it's Ole from Molde!" featuring Mt. Rushmore Head and dabs.
« Reply #32561 on: August 17, 2019, 09:31:41 pm »
It's ridiculous. My experience is that they are actually losing support. They picked up a hell of a lot of glory hunters and casual 'fans' in the Ferguson era, but a lot of them have melted away. I also know and have heard of longtime United fans who have become disillusioned, lost interest and drifted away from them altogether since their decline and the rise of Abu Dhabi PRFC as well as their arch rivals from Liverpool under Mr. Klopp. They have, and always will have, a solid hardcore, but they picked up millions of fickle types in their glory days who are either 'supporting' someone else now, or have, conveniently, lost interest in football all together.

Have to agree - we all know how fickle football fans are for starters but beyond that i was talking to someone the other day and we got to talking about our kids and who they support - she told me her son used to support Utd but that they became crap and it killed his passion for them so now he doens’t follow football (sounds like a smart kid who chose the next best alternative other than supporting us).

You can imagine how easily the support of those kids in the sort of 5-15 bracket is swayed by the negativity surrounding their club and their football. Thats before you go into those supporters around the world who arguably maybe aren’t as in touch with the game in general but ‘support’ them through the PR players like the Pogbas and and ibrahimovichs etc.

You’d wonder where it leaves them when they’ve finally culled these ‘superstar’ names.. i can’t see too many people clambering for the likes of Maguire on the back of their shirt.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: "Green and Gold, it's Ole from Molde!" featuring Mt. Rushmore Head and dabs.
« Reply #32562 on: August 17, 2019, 09:58:01 pm »

These are getting more embarrassing than the ev, trying to blag 14% of the world support united

Wasn’t this claim looked into last time and it turned out to be a load of old balls? 

I think there was a suggestion that the question on the survey was something like “have you heard of Manchester United?” If you said yes and could correctly identify them as being a football team then you were put down as being a “follower”. Which then evolves into “fan” by the end of the press release.

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: "Green and Gold, it's Ole from Molde!" Man City Supporters Club (HQ: Torquay)
« Reply #32563 on: August 17, 2019, 11:18:29 pm »
Wasn’t this claim looked into last time and it turned out to be a load of old balls? 

I think there was a suggestion that the question on the survey was something like “have you heard of Manchester United?” If you said yes and could correctly identify them as being a football team then you were put down as being a “follower”. Which then evolves into “fan” by the end of the press release.

From the Manchester Evening News:
"The survey, which was commissioned by United, defines a 'fan' as an individual who answered survey questions, unprompted, with the answer the club was their favorite football team in the world."
"the term 'follower' was defined as someone who answered survey questions, unprompted, with the answer that United is a football team that they proactively follow in addition to their favorite football team. "

What they don't define is what constitutes "following". I mean, pretty much any fan of any other premier league is going to pay some attention to United's results - it's possible they'd all qualify as "followers".

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: "Green and Gold, it's Ole from Molde!" Man City Supporters Club (HQ: Torquay)
« Reply #32564 on: August 18, 2019, 08:36:33 am »
The Maguire is their saviour narrative is really getting pushed out now.

Talk of how he is a leader in the dressing room already, how all the players are already looking up to him & have been really impressed by him etc.

All this after 1 competitive match, where they were lucky to keep a clean sheet.

Hope Wolves stuff them at the weekend.

Thought he was MoM last weekend. At around 3.00pm anyway ;)
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32565 on: August 18, 2019, 11:03:25 am »
Was out last night, missus and her brother were reminiscing about Villa away, NYD 1989. 3-0 down at half time, Fergie walking down the tunnel to a chorus of "Fuck off Fergie, Fuck off Fergie" from the away end. Shame he never took them up on their request.

It's ridiculous. My experience is that they are actually losing support. They picked up a hell of a lot of glory hunters and casual 'fans' in the Ferguson era, but a lot of them have melted away. I also know and have heard of longtime United fans who have become disillusioned, lost interest and drifted away from them altogether since their decline and the rise of Abu Dhabi PRFC as well as their arch rivals from Liverpool under Mr. Klopp. They have, and always will have, a solid hardcore, but they picked up millions of fickle types in their glory days who are either 'supporting' someone else now, or have, conveniently, lost interest in football all together.

In my experience, locally nothing much has changed,while the cost is pushing some away from actually going the match, the Utd Mums and Dads are still bringing up their kids as Utd fans, none of the kids are converting to City or losing interest in the team, City fans, especially where I live, are a small minority, so they will continue as the biggest club in Manchester for a long time - it's the kids from outside the area who are easily swayed and will just follow the winners, some will have been Utd fans, before switching to Chelsea and then on to City. However,the coaches are still turning up in droves at OT though to do the tours and stuff, loads of what appears to be supporters from the China/Japan/Singapore areas of the world and the hotels are still full over match day weekends.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32566 on: August 18, 2019, 01:53:28 pm »
We don't need the Everton thread anymore with this lot. ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #32567 on: August 18, 2019, 02:07:34 pm »

The ev thread has the fuuuuuuck gif, this has Moyes at Fulham.  I think there only thing we need here is as pub with a mural of Ollie proclaiming he doesn't need to win to be a winner.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32568 on: August 18, 2019, 03:41:01 pm »
Why anyone listens to Neville and his so called analysis is a mystery to me.

He's a partisan Manc who hates Liverpool and wastes no opportunity to try and stir up a bit of trouble / doubt for Liverpool.
He was the one that started the Karius agenda, he did the same to another of our players too - can't recall which one. His advice about throwing the CL too.

On the one hand I wish he'd shut up because some of our more gullible fans actually listen to him, but on the other hand he's quite entertaining because he massively over estimates his intelligence and ends up more often than not making himself look a tit.

He's about as clueless as everyone else yet has somehow been held up as some sort of demi-God for his analysis, as one-eyed and agenda driven as it is. Even his failed stint at Valencia unfortunately hasn't done much to limit his exposure. I'd much rather him just talk like he has done this week and cheerleader for the Mancs, it's much more entertaining.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #32569 on: August 18, 2019, 05:49:39 pm »
Oh we do. We really do. I'm sat shivering in the corner due to the withdrawal symptoms. 😥
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #32570 on: August 18, 2019, 06:32:28 pm »
1/5th of all the people in China support United as well

Strange.

When the fans look at their squad there is no X factor. Even Pogba was a damn squid.

I can understand if it was Ronaldo's United but I struggle to find kids who would say "when I grow up, I want to score goals like Anthony Martial".

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32571 on: August 18, 2019, 06:37:04 pm »
Strange.

When the fans look at their squad there is no X factor. Even Pogba was a damn squid.

That's my th-ink-ing as well.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32572 on: August 18, 2019, 06:41:27 pm »
Strange.

I can understand if it was Ronaldo's United but I struggle to find kids who would say "when I grow up, I want to score goals like Anthony Martial".
they wanna swag like j-lingz

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32573 on: August 18, 2019, 06:46:07 pm »
Strange.

;D indeed, he's always been a pre-madonna

Offline Red-Dread

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #32574 on: August 18, 2019, 06:53:06 pm »

Even Pogba was a damn squid.
".

a damp squib maybe?
first ever avatar..... ben(d)oak

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32575 on: August 18, 2019, 06:56:53 pm »
a damp squib maybe?

No need to be a smarter-lick, mate

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #32577 on: August 18, 2019, 07:11:19 pm »
Damn squid :lmao :lmao
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32578 on: August 18, 2019, 07:19:16 pm »
Damn squid :lmao :lmao

like mute point and top draw

and a terrible one here in the US - "X team is dominate"

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #32579 on: August 18, 2019, 07:30:34 pm »
Surely you mean a moo point
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32580 on: August 18, 2019, 07:33:55 pm »
Surely you mean a moo point

That one too (from Friends I know).

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #32581 on: August 18, 2019, 07:40:51 pm »
That damn squid.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #32582 on: August 18, 2019, 07:47:09 pm »

If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32583 on: August 18, 2019, 08:05:06 pm »
Oh we do. We really do. I'm sat shivering in the corner due to the withdrawal symptoms. 😥

I got a quick fix yesterday. ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #32584 on: August 18, 2019, 10:24:45 pm »
;D indeed, he's always been a pre-madonna
I'm gonna put you on a pedal-stool
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #32585 on: August 18, 2019, 10:37:42 pm »
Strange.

:lmao

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #32586 on: August 18, 2019, 10:39:55 pm »

‘The sisters have taken a real shine to you....especially Mags’
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #32588 on: August 18, 2019, 10:41:18 pm »

He looks scared there

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32589 on: August 18, 2019, 10:47:43 pm »
He looks scared there

So would you if it was nearly dinner time and you seen Luke Shaw grinning at you

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #32591 on: August 18, 2019, 10:59:52 pm »

"Don't look so worried Andy; you'll get used to it."  ;D
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #32592 on: August 19, 2019, 01:36:39 am »
From now on all CB pairings need to be portmanteau'd in the manner of a celebrity couple - we can have Van Datip or Van Domez, your choice.

Utd have apparently settled on Magelöf. Pronounce as you will.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32593 on: August 19, 2019, 01:57:27 am »
From now on all CB pairings need to be portmanteau'd in the manner of a celebrity couple - we can have Van Datip or Van Domez, your choice.

Utd have apparently settled on Magelöf. Pronounce as you will.

Sounds like something you'd buy from Iceland. And would be the first suspect if you got the shits after microwaving it

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32594 on: August 19, 2019, 02:36:54 am »
M.A.G.A-loff, you say?

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #32595 on: August 19, 2019, 02:44:43 am »
Magelöf was the model of lamp shade I bought from Ikea.

It was a tiki design, it was shaped like big Easter island head, and every time the dog walked past it it fell over.

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #32596 on: August 19, 2019, 10:22:54 am »
Mingegard
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32597 on: August 19, 2019, 12:11:48 pm »
Come on Wolves, do your job!
Believer

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #32599 on: August 19, 2019, 01:12:11 pm »
Mingegard

Is that what female cricketers wear?