Author Topic: What Car Do You Own/Drive?  (Read 478095 times)

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
Re: What Car Do You Own/Drive?
« Reply #6320 on: April 5, 2024, 02:25:11 pm »
The redesigned Kona is nice too but they added 200 a month to the lease cost for it :/

We are suddenly in the market for a "new" car.  Wife has a new job and our electric car won't do the mileage she needs.
Looking at an older model Kona.  Does anyone have experience of these?  for us running costs is the main factor.  It'll mostly be urban driving, and if we use it for longer journeys the mpg isn't a major issue as it'll be fairly rare.  So 30/40mph / mpg is of interest. And insurance and general reliability.?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6321 on: April 6, 2024, 11:47:48 pm »
Finally got a date for delivery of my BMW IX1, so only a few more weeks of crunching gears and using my left leg like a sucker

My neighbour back home just took delivery of one. Really lovely looking car. Wasn’t a fan of the lack of physical buttons but all new cars are going that way. I’m sure it’ll all be voice recognition soon.

Offline Paullfc95

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6322 on: April 8, 2024, 08:49:37 am »
I doubt they will and even if they do stand your ground, they wònt want to lose a sale and commission
They didn't even look at the car again or even realise about the reg mate. I just signed the paperwork and swapped them dead easy.
Nothing they can do now so their fault.

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6323 on: April 9, 2024, 10:03:21 am »
My neighbour back home just took delivery of one. Really lovely looking car. Wasn’t a fan of the lack of physical buttons but all new cars are going that way. I’m sure it’ll all be voice recognition soon.

Do you think buttons might make a comeback as optional extras?
I don't even like up, down buttons for volume control. Give me a knob to twist any day.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6324 on: April 9, 2024, 10:20:56 am »
They didn't even look at the car again or even realise about the reg mate. I just signed the paperwork and swapped them dead easy.
Nothing they can do now so their fault.

Nice one.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6325 on: April 9, 2024, 10:22:20 am »

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder ;)
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #6326 on: April 9, 2024, 11:05:54 am »
Do you think buttons might make a comeback as optional extras?
I don't even like up, down buttons for volume control. Give me a knob to twist any day.

Yeah buttons will become luxury items that you have to pay for the add on, cheap cars will just have touch screens like crappy Android tablets

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #6327 on: April 9, 2024, 12:26:24 pm »
Touch screens in cars are dangerous. I reckon legislation will bring back buttons at some point
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6328 on: April 9, 2024, 01:21:06 pm »
I think the car manufacturers will mitigate it with more voice control rather than go back to buttons.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6329 on: April 9, 2024, 01:22:31 pm »
I think the car manufacturers will mitigate it with more voice control rather than go back to buttons.

Oh fucking joy. Anyone who has an Alexa knows its like a red rag to a bull to kids "Alexa play Christmas songs", "Alexa blow fart noises" "Alexa say fuck off"

Touch screens in cars are dangerous. I reckon legislation will bring back buttons at some point

Its mental. I can be pulled and given 6 pts for scrolling through a phone, mounted in a cradle, to play a song, while a Tesla driver can fuck about on what is essentially a flat screen fucking tv/monitor and its OK :butt

My car has, what was in 2009 state of the art, touchscreen for the radio/cd/air con/phone/twat nav. Its horribly outdated now, but a fella on the Forum converts them to Android, has Spotify, Amazon Music, Twat Nav, phone etc - looks good but its £650 to get it done. I can change to that but cannot use my phone to do the same?
« Last Edit: April 9, 2024, 01:26:36 pm by rob1966 »

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6330 on: April 9, 2024, 01:46:14 pm »
Well you can be done for using a touchscreen in a car if they can show it distracted you whilst driving. But what choice do you have??

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6331 on: April 9, 2024, 01:56:08 pm »
Touch screens in cars are dangerous. I reckon legislation will bring back buttons at some point.
I treated myself to an Audi Q2 Black Edition not really knowing much about them. It was just a matter of.... me.want.that.nice.car!
Fucking hell I'm so glad it's one of the few models Audi have kept all its knobs on. I'd hate touchscreen like in my daughters A1.

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6332 on: April 9, 2024, 02:07:58 pm »

Could well be right. I'm a bit of an old fogey and do 'worry' about touch screen everything. That said, my passengers know to keep quiet when I approach a junction as I can't process what they are saying and concentrate on the junction.

Hey car, play Talksport would be far safer (as long as , in response it swerves me into the nearest tree for even suggesting that).

The horn I expect must remain a 'button'  , arguably the headlamps so you can 'flash' people ,even though you aren't supposed to.
Everything else I would think could react in a timely fashion, even signal left , obvs not for drivers of german cars :)

--edit-- the most beneficial one for speech I reckon would be the ability to set the sat nav via talk, admittedly rather than program it before you set off which really should not be an issue.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6333 on: April 9, 2024, 02:56:59 pm »
Could well be right. I'm a bit of an old fogey and do 'worry' about touch screen everything. That said, my passengers know to keep quiet when I approach a junction as I can't process what they are saying and concentrate on the junction.

Hey car, play Talksport would be far safer (as long as , in response it swerves me into the nearest tree for even suggesting that).

The horn I expect must remain a 'button'  , arguably the headlamps so you can 'flash' people ,even though you aren't supposed to.
Everything else I would think could react in a timely fashion, even signal left , obvs not for drivers of german cars :)

--edit-- the most beneficial one for speech I reckon would be the ability to set the sat nav via talk, admittedly rather than program it before you set off which really should not be an issue.

"Hey Car, play Baby shark"

That'll fucking distract you :lmao

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6334 on: April 9, 2024, 02:58:08 pm »
You really, really don't like baby shark do you?

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6335 on: April 9, 2024, 03:00:52 pm »
You really, really don't like baby shark do you?

Hate it - thankfully my kids were never into it.  My missus would have gone nuts at our kids a few years ago, it would have been "Hey Car, play Wait and Bleed by Slipknot" ;D

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #6336 on: April 9, 2024, 03:10:59 pm »
I remember way back 20 years ago, or it may have even been the late 90s, reading a discussion about how the controls on the Enterprise in Star Trek: TNG were an awful design because you have to look at them constantly to make sure you're hitting the right button on the otherwise black mirrored touch screen. It was brought up that driving a car with that sort of dashboard would be incredibly dangerous as the driver would be constantly distracted and pulling their eyes off the road, and thus predicted it would never happen.

Bloody Teslas.

I love my 2013 Mini, the era was just at the right balance of cool display (no touch screen) and buttons. The brand new VWs that I drive for work are okay, the climate controls are all separate, but the media/phone/navigation is all on one screen that you have to tap to get around, which annoys me.

Could be worse (and I assume will be). Cars these days are getting so ugly both inside and out that I can see point in my life where I'd welcome the fully automated JohnnyCab network whisking us all around the place.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Online TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #6337 on: April 9, 2024, 04:53:48 pm »
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder ;)

Something tells me you don’t like SUVs ;)

I’m not a fan of the touchscreen use for climate control etc
Been driving my missus’s Ariya and although it has some physical buttons - you have to go into the touchscreen for properly adjusting the climate controls and its annoying 

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6338 on: April 9, 2024, 05:45:46 pm »
Something tells me you don’t like SUVs ;)

I’m not a fan of the touchscreen use for climate control etc
Been driving my missus’s Ariya and although it has some physical buttons - you have to go into the touchscreen for properly adjusting the climate controls and its annoying 

I might have mentioned that I hate the big ugly oversized penis extensions ;)

I mean, this isn't good looking

And who the fuck needs a car this big?

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6339 on: April 9, 2024, 05:47:04 pm »
I treated myself to an Audi Q2 Black Edition not really knowing much about them. It was just a matter of.... me.want.that.nice.car!
Fucking hell I'm so glad it's one of the few models Audi have kept all its knobs on. I'd hate touchscreen like in my daughters A1.
Yeah my q2 has knobs, it’s much better.
W

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6340 on: April 9, 2024, 05:50:31 pm »
Yeah my q2 has knobs, it’s much better.

Aren't all Audis full of knobs?

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6341 on: April 9, 2024, 05:52:40 pm »
Aren't all Audis full of knobs?
Hey!

I’m not really a fan of my q2 though. I only got it because my previous lease was up, and there was very little stock.  Not really into the whole suv thing to be honest
W

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6342 on: April 9, 2024, 06:00:45 pm »
Hey!

I’m not really a fan of my q2 though. I only got it because my previous lease was up, and there was very little stock.  Not really into the whole suv thing to be honest

I sat in a Q5 while mine was getting serviced a few eyars ago and found it was very cramped for such a big lump.

I'll be swapping mine in a couple of years I reckon, but there's less and less cars I want. The whole E/I/F Pace range of Jags is horrible, I don't want an X or a Q, don't want an EV, wouldn't mind a hybrid though, but there's no real choice so I'm hoping for a late model XF, 3.0D . Other option is a re-imported 2009 Jag XJ, they're so well maintained in Japan they're is as new condition.

Online TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #6343 on: April 9, 2024, 06:06:58 pm »

I mean it is good looking. Better looking than most of the shite you mention ;)

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6344 on: April 9, 2024, 07:38:35 pm »
I mean it is good looking. Better looking than most of the shite you mention ;)

That's designed by a 5 yr old kid, only kids draw cars like that  ;D

This is a proper car  (I actually don't like the look of the XF/XE)

If it was just me and the missus, I'd be looking at one of these

Or these

Online TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #6345 on: April 9, 2024, 08:31:31 pm »
I do love a proper mustang.

Even as someone who likes (seeing as I’ve got one which a kid designed arriving in a week ;) ) SUVs and EVs - I really dislike the Mustang Mach E

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6346 on: April 9, 2024, 09:24:54 pm »
I do love a proper mustang.

Even as someone who likes (seeing as I’ve got one which a kid designed arriving in a week ;) ) SUVs and EVs - I really dislike the Mustang Mach E

That Mach E is disgusting.

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6347 on: April 10, 2024, 08:03:20 am »

And who the fuck needs a car this big?

I have a q3. Id rather own a 3/5 series but fucked my back up. For me, it’s far easier getting into an SUV now. Size wise, the q3 and X1 you pictured aren’t that big (not much bigger than the average hatch). I do agree on the other you posted. The x5/x6/x7 sized suvs are ridiculous, dangerous and unnecessary.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6348 on: April 10, 2024, 11:43:36 am »
I have a q3. Id rather own a 3/5 series but fucked my back up. For me, it’s far easier getting into an SUV now. Size wise, the q3 and X1 you pictured aren’t that big (not much bigger than the average hatch). I do agree on the other you posted. The x5/x6/x7 sized suvs are ridiculous, dangerous and unnecessary.
I went from an A3 to a Q2. I reckon they are pretty much the same size in some ways but being an SUV ruins the performance and fuel consumption.

Given how incredible these small petrol turbos are, it seems odd to throw away all the gains on making cars bigger.

Mind you, I get the back thing, I don’t know how people get into some sports cars.
W

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6349 on: April 10, 2024, 01:25:47 pm »

Its the height , esp the roof and the bottom of the window, and weight I have an issue with. I checked, my X type Jag is a 2.2D, seats 5 comfortably, can put 2 suitcases in the boot plus bags. Its same wheelbase, but is half a foot lower than the IX1, is narrower than it and almost a ton lighter. I thought the 1 series was supposed to be a smaller car? The IX is 5ft 6 high, like all the other so called small SUV's, so when crossing roads, its a nightmare, as you cannot see past parked cars. Its bad as well crossing the main road by ours when traffic backed up from the lights, as its really wide and you cannot see cars overtaking the queue to turn right. Also, in car parks and junctions, you can't see past them. They're all just physically too big.

Its OK in America with big wide roads, huge parking spaces and no fucker walking anywhere, but the X5/6/7 and the Q7/8 are just not suited for UK roads.

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6350 on: April 10, 2024, 02:51:03 pm »
I reckon Rob caught his Mrs playing away in the back of an SUV. Nobody could hate a car that much, there’s no rational explanation for it. CAN’T GET UPTO FUNNY BUSINESS IN THE BACK OF AN X-TYPE CAN YA! :D

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6351 on: April 10, 2024, 03:00:23 pm »
I reckon Rob caught his Mrs playing away in the back of an SUV. Nobody could hate a car that much, there’s no rational explanation for it. CAN’T GET UPTO FUNNY BUSINESS IN THE BACK OF AN X-TYPE CAN YA! :D

I'm not rational.

As for the second bit, course you can - you can in an old Mini

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6352 on: April 10, 2024, 03:11:45 pm »
I'm not rational.

As for the second bit, course you can - you can in an old Mini

Not at my age with my knees and back :D

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6353 on: April 10, 2024, 04:42:51 pm »
Not at my age with my knees and back :D

;D

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6354 on: April 15, 2024, 02:53:29 am »
Definite design flaw in the Tesla Cybertruck.

I bet it was scary when it happened.

Basically what happened was the metal wrap around the accelerator pedal slid off and got wedged and kept the accelerator pedal lying flat.

Guy in the video explains it better.

https://www.reddit.com/r/therewasanattempt/s/ZVqUEghwLx
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6355 on: April 16, 2024, 07:02:55 am »
My rule, never ever buy or even rent a car made in the US.
W

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #6356 on: April 16, 2024, 08:54:38 am »
That Mach E is disgusting.

I test drove the Mach-E and whilst it was nice to drive, it has these weird electronic door handles. You have to press a button on the door and a full second or two later the door will open slightly and then you have to pull it open wide to get in. It really put me off getting one.
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6357 on: April 16, 2024, 09:59:34 am »
I test drove the Mach-E and whilst it was nice to drive, it has these weird electronic door handles. You have to press a button on the door and a full second or two later the door will open slightly and then you have to pull it open wide to get in. It really put me off getting one.

That's just a PITA.
Had an electric MG for a couple of days (MG4 I think). Nice to drive.  Couldn't drive and figure out the heating controls though on the touchscreen.
I can see the touch screen being almost necessary for picking from the hundreds of available radio stations. But almost impossible to do whilst driving ( I guess as an owner, you set it up with favourites and it's ok).
Lane assist though!  Never had that, when it first kicked in, I thought I was being sucked across the road. It seems a really good idea, but an audible warning is more than sufficient.  Not keen on those blind spot lights on the mirror either. I think the fact they are the same colour as the indicator, and just inside the indicator is what irritated me.
Oh and needing to click the lock button twice, otherwise the alarm goes off, why????

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6358 on: April 16, 2024, 11:32:09 pm »
Heating controls via touch screen is evil. It’s just a money saving exercise at the expense of usability.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6359 on: April 19, 2024, 11:38:08 am »
Are Nissan GT-R's depreciating quickly because I've seen my 4th one this week. :o

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."