Author Topic: Lucas  (Read 143136 times)

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
Lucas
« on: November 29, 2016, 11:29:39 pm »
The way he spoke after the game brought a tear to my eye, what a legend this guy has been to the club, never moaned never sulked just steps back into the side out of position again gives a five star performance, encourages everyone, notice how he is the first to react to young Trent straight away when Origi scores. A Legend.

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Lucas
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 11:31:25 pm »
BTW nearly didn't play tonight due to guys he knew personally that tragedley lossed their lives today, incredible

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 11:32:26 pm »
Always was and is a top man.

Offline Pelé as a Comedian

• The seeker of the True Cockroach. Forgetful.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2016, 11:34:36 pm »
wouldnt go as far as to call him a legend. but a great servant to the club, consummate professional and (by all accounts) great guy.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2016, 11:38:25 pm »
Thought he was brilliant in the last round, and very unfortunate with the penalty.

Good performance tonight.

Credit to Lucas tonight.  I'd never question anybody for wishing not to turn in for work in those circumstances, but delivering a solid performance - as captain - is definitely amongst a range of perfect and most respectful tributes to those who can't be out there doing their thing on their big day.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2016, 11:38:29 pm »
wouldnt go as far as to call him a legend. but a great servant to the club, consummate professional and (by all accounts) great guy.

This! Couldnt put it better myself!!

Offline Lemieux

• Kopite
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2016, 11:52:00 pm »
The way he spoke after the game brought a tear to my eye, what a legend this guy has been to the club, never moaned never sulked just steps back into the side out of position again gives a five star performance, encourages everyone, notice how he is the first to react to young Trent straight away when Origi scores. A Legend.

What did he say after the game?

Offline Johnny B. Goode

• Currently flying solo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • What planet is Garrincha from?
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2016, 12:19:45 am »
I dread to think of the day he leaves. Honest.
'You put Pele face-to-face with me and I'll tell him: Pelé - you, me, any so-and-so...we can't deal with Garrincha, he's better than all of us.' Eusebio

Offline Frizzo

• Having a Bad Hair Life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2016, 01:00:02 am »
Fucking love him!!! Always have, always will!

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2016, 01:07:23 am »
I dread to think of the day he leaves. Honest.

He's one of those guys you really do want to stick around forever. A bit like Kolo at the end of last season, but quite a bit more so. He's also a link to the Rafa era, and really the only player that's survived through all the club's years in the wilderness post-Rafa. So he's a bit special. Like Xabi, I hope he'll continued to be involved with the club, whether as a coach or a scout later on. He's got the brains for it.

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2016, 01:55:12 am »
What I did like about Lucas' play today was his no fear passing into Ejaria's feet through midfield. Not sideways hoping that the next player can get a better angle on it, but bang 'there you go you do something with it as you are closer to the goal' with the ability of Ejaria to shimmy past players or pick a through ball. Was good to see the confidence he had in Ejaria for him to do it repeatedly.

But over the years has got shit loads of undeserved stick, but not once has let the club down through his behaviour or professionalism. Hope he gets a contract extension and sticks around for longer. Good player and altogether nice guy.

YNWA Lucas Leiva

Offline The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2016, 02:03:00 am »
On what might have been the saddest and toughest of days for him, Lucas was as ever Boss.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2016, 02:14:10 am »
His comments at the end floored me. Being articulate while put on the spot is not 2nd nature for most of us, and in his second language is even more admirable. Truly deserved the Captiains armband today with his play, leadership and class.

"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2016, 02:21:42 am »
When he retires, this is how I will remember him.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2016, 11:10:54 pm »
The reception he got from Anfield when he came on for his cameo was class.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2016, 11:51:31 pm »
Currently the longest serving player we have, 10 years, can't believe it's been that long, and one of my favorite players. The last Benitez player at the club. He's got the mentality and attitude every player should have at this club. If he goes, I'll be gutted.

Offline Adeel90

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #16 on: January 1, 2017, 01:12:02 pm »
Currently the longest serving player we have, 10 years, can't believe it's been that long, and one of my favorite players. The last Benitez player at the club. He's got the mentality and attitude every player should have at this club. If he goes, I'll be gutted.

Agree with the sentiment but it's the right time for both him and us as we move into the new chapter of our club's history. Ideally, he would stay until the end of the season and end his time with us with some silverware which would be nice given the service he has given us.
'Aim for the sky and you will reach the ceiling. Aim for the ceiling and you won't get off the floor.' Bill Shankly

Offline Dudek savessssss.........!

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop Forum
« Reply #17 on: January 1, 2017, 04:47:25 pm »
His comments at the end floored me. Being articulate while put on the spot is not 2nd nature for most of us, and in his second language is even more admirable. Truly deserved the Captiains armband today with his play, leadership and class.

The video is still available on the Sky web-site if anyone want to watch again;

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/liverpool/10677493/we-must-go-on-and-win-this

:(
There was a two-minute interlude where Liverpool’s three-man attack squared up against United’s three-man defence and basically stalked them back into their own penalty area, like battle-hardened mountain wolves closing in on a flock of geriatric sheep.  Barney Ronay at Anfield @barneyronay Sun 19 Jan 2020 20.36 GMT

Offline Binomial

• Anny Roader
  • Live Breath and Sleep LFC
« Reply #18 on: January 1, 2017, 04:50:23 pm »
Don't think Inter want him, just keep him until his contract expires.
"He's leaving because he's Guardiola's favourite. If it's anyone's fault, it's mine. I can't make myself shorter and learn Spanish." - Klopp on Gotze to Bayern

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #19 on: January 1, 2017, 04:52:37 pm »
Have the utmost respect for this guy, considering the crap he took early on, when he was first signed. A man who always gave his best and who worked hard for the team. I would prefer him to go at the end of the season, with some silverware to celebrate. But if not thanks Lucas and good luck.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Le_Mot_Juste

• Pity that it is hidden in thousands of considerably less merit.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fully endorse my custom title
« Reply #20 on: January 1, 2017, 05:07:11 pm »
I want him to stay. Not just for the season. So reliable, so good for the dressing room, so strong as an option, so willing to sacrifice himself for the greater good of the team.

Not skillful enough to be considered a genuine legend or anything, but definitely earned himself a cult hero status imo.
To choose dogma and faith over doubt and experience is to throw out the ripening vintage and to reach greedily for the kool-aid.
- Hitch

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: January 1, 2017, 05:10:57 pm »
I want him to stay. Not just for the season. So reliable, so good for the dressing room, so strong as an option, so willing to sacrifice himself for the greater good of the team.

Not skillful enough to be considered a genuine legend or anything, but definitely earned himself a cult hero status imo.

I agree I would prefer him to stay at the club. But Lucas may want to play football more regularly, if that's the case I would reluctantly let him go, as i think he has earned his chance. But if he doesn't want to go, then by all means hold onto him. He seems to be a stable influence on our South American contingent, as well as a useful back-up when required. I just wonder whether he is after another challenge maybe.

Offline Halcyon Lissome

• Scallion Homeys, Miscellany Shoo or Nicholas Mosely?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • “We murdered them 0-0.”
« Reply #22 on: January 2, 2017, 05:01:16 pm »
The reason I've always wanted Lucas to stay is because how much we lack in his position. Not sure how bad Hendo's heel is but if it's bad enough we should keep Lucas and not loan him out.
★              ★              ★              ★              ★
The best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #23 on: January 2, 2017, 05:08:10 pm »
The reason I've always wanted Lucas to stay is because how much we lack in his position. Not sure how bad Hendo's heel is but if it's bad enough we should keep Lucas and not loan him out.

I hope your jokin!

Granted, he's been a loyal servant to the club but he's not good enough! Bringing him on was completely the wrong decision!

Can will be my Lucas when he finally leaves. Don't trust either of them!

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: January 2, 2017, 05:21:17 pm »
I hope your jokin!

Granted, he's been a loyal servant to the club but he's not good enough! Bringing him on was completely the wrong decision!

Your hate for our players is surprising on a Liverpool forum.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #25 on: January 2, 2017, 05:21:36 pm »
I hope your jokin!

Lining up your players to slate is wrong in so many ways. Posters like you are why we keep locking player topics.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2017, 01:10:30 pm »

It was great to see him get some appreciation from Anfield when he went off against Spurs.
He was immense defensively and also helped us maintain the pressure with his passing and positioning.

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2017, 01:20:01 pm »
So many people were worried about him being CB.  But I'm not sure why.

I think he has done very well for us at CB.  Last season when we played the League Cup Final, everyone was scared when he was in the line up - and he was man of the match.  Since then he has put in loads of impressive displays in that position.  He's played a few mistakes, like the pass to Vardy in that position.  But so have our other CBs, even Matip.

He's good in the air, good on the ball, reads the game well, can tackle, he's vocal - I genuinely don't think there is much to choose between Lucas, Lovren, Klavan and Gomez to partner Matip. 

But well played Lucas yesterday, keep ignoring the hate and answering those critics with performances like that.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2017, 01:29:20 pm »
So many people were worried about him being CB.  But I'm not sure why.

I think he has done very well for us at CB.  Last season when we played the League Cup Final, everyone was scared when he was in the line up - and he was man of the match.  Since then he has put in loads of impressive displays in that position.  He's played a few mistakes, like the pass to Vardy in that position.  But so have our other CBs, even Matip.

He's good in the air, good on the ball, reads the game well, can tackle, he's vocal - I genuinely don't think there is much to choose between Lucas, Lovren, Klavan and Gomez to partner Matip. 

But well played Lucas yesterday, keep ignoring the hate and answering those critics with performances like that.

Bit of a conundrum really. Like you say there's times when he's been great and other time when he's looked really off it and sluggish. Can't really put my finger on it, his display against Wolves and Hull for example were just so poor and then he turns in this and other performances of such a high level.

I didn't want him to feature against Spurs and for the rest of the season if we had alternative's in that area to be honest but i'll hold my hands up and say fair play for a tremendous effort yesterday.

Offline petecolonia

• Anny Roader
  • Left of the Sinking Ship
    • Northern Independence Party
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2017, 01:33:55 pm »
"Liverpool's Lucas Leiva. Oh my God. He played centre half against us. I don't know what it was. Every time I went for the ball he gave me a little nudge, the referee was never going to give a foul and I never wanted a foul, but he did me every time. Just judging me so well and knocking me off balance. I couldn't play against him." - Andy Carroll

Great game yesterday too!
Bunch of centrist wetwipes - Watching Britain sink into obscurity.

Keir Starmer will tank hard. Alan X says I'm a bore, but at least I don't mod forums. That's just sad.

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2017, 01:36:02 pm »
Good on him!

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2017, 01:51:41 pm »

It was great to see him get some appreciation from Anfield when he went off against Spurs.
He was immense defensively and also helped us maintain the pressure with his passing and positioning.

Had a really good game vs Spurs. Hope the injury isn't too serious.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2017, 02:21:10 pm »
Bit of a conundrum really. Like you say there's times when he's been great and other time when he's looked really off it and sluggish. Can't really put my finger on it, his display against Wolves and Hull for example were just so poor and then he turns in this and other performances of such a high level.

I didn't want him to feature against Spurs and for the rest of the season if we had alternative's in that area to be honest but i'll hold my hands up and say fair play for a tremendous effort yesterday.

He's good against slow movers and anyone who relies on craft. He gets burned by raw pace. He also gets tired after a certain point. Classycarra made the point that he needs to be subbed after 60 minutes, and while that may be a bit extreme, the point is there to be made.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2017, 02:24:35 pm »
His dig at that Musker idiot was gold, after that piles' comments about what constitutes a proper red the other year.

Well done Lucas. Both in the game and for that.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2017, 02:28:04 pm »
He gave a great performance yesterday dealt with everything quickly and without fuss. Won a lot of headers too, and almost got his second goal. Hope he's not too badly injured.

Offline ricen

• peas
  • Kopite
  • "That's how you get ants."
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2017, 02:31:54 pm »

The last of the Benitiles

10 years at LFC...

Lucas for Legend in '17

who is with me?
"Not all who wander are lost, not all that glitters is gold."

Offline YoungKopite

• Anny Roader
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2017, 02:34:58 pm »
He's always been given a tough time unfortunately by some fans. I don't know if it's because he wasn't as good as certain players that were at the club, playing his position at the time he joined us (Alonso, Mascherano, Gerrard) but for me, he's always been an absolute class act. Similar to Dirk Kuyt. I'll miss him when he does eventually leave us. YNWA

Offline ricen

• peas
  • Kopite
  • "That's how you get ants."
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2017, 02:35:45 pm »
I agree I would prefer him to stay at the club. But Lucas may want to play football more regularly, if that's the case I would reluctantly let him go, as i think he has earned his chance. But if he doesn't want to go, then by all means hold onto him. He seems to be a stable influence on our South American contingent, as well as a useful back-up when required. I just wonder whether he is after another challenge maybe.

Daniel Agger type situation for me. hopefully we don't muff this one up as badly as we did with Daggs

"Not all who wander are lost, not all that glitters is gold."

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2017, 02:38:34 pm »
I don't understand the infatuation at the moment.
Loved him pre injury years ago but he's now not a particularly good player and the fact he's still here and getting games is more an indictment of our inability to build a squad than it is anything else
He seems like a fantastic person by all accounts but club "legends" should be players that win stuff and/or are elite on the pitch.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2017, 02:45:20 pm »
I don't understand the infatuation at the moment.
Loved him pre injury years ago but he's now not a particularly good player and the fact he's still here and getting games is more an indictment of our inability to build a squad than it is anything else
He seems like a fantastic person by all accounts but club "legends" should be players that win stuff and/or are elite on the pitch.
He's a really loyal servant to the club.

He played really well yesterday, he wasn't up against much pace, so his reading of he game really came to he fore.

He good in the air too, he's always performed well in aieriel dueks..

However, we wouldn't buy him if he was available, so we won't miss him as a player (that's football), but we will certainly miss him as a personality and leader at the club.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W