Author Topic: Typhoid Trump: the not-smart, corrupt, coward, loser, thread  (Read 4568567 times)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: The Trump White House
« Reply #20680 on: February 5, 2017, 09:08:43 am »
Seeing the piece jambutty posted...

It's fascinating in a way...

Watching these people come in and having to reinvent politics from scratch because they had no idea how to do it...

Lo and behold, it turns out there were very good reasons for the way things worked, and they are figuring out that for themselves.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20681 on: February 5, 2017, 09:12:18 am »
And the first step to reversing the ban has failed...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38872680?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_breaking&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=news_central

How inconvenient this constitution is eh? 
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #20682 on: February 5, 2017, 09:22:46 am »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38872680?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_breaking&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=news_central

I await the Drumpfentweet telling us the "so-called constitution" is stopping him from governing.
Mad bad times
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
The failing New York Times has this to say...

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/04/opinion/sunday/why-nobody-cares-the-president-is-lying.html?smid=tw-share&_r=0

Interesting that the writer admits to being part of the problem of post truth and alternative fact.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/05/travel-ban-white-house-files-appeal-against-ruling-as-trump-says-well-win

The US appeals court has denied the justice department’s request for an immediate reinstatement of Donald Trump’s controversial travel ban.

The 9th US circuit court of appeals in San Francisco asked both the state of Washington and the Trump administration to file additional arguments by Monday afternoon.

The justice department had earlier filed an appeal against a judge’s order lifting the ban, as the new administration’s flagship immigration policy threatened to unravel after one week.

The higher court’s denial of an immediate stay means legal battles over the ban will continue into the coming week at least.

After the appeal was lodged on Saturday, Trump told reporters at his private Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach, Florida: “We’ll win. For the safety of the country, we’ll win.”

Trump’s comments followed a personal attack on US district judge James Robart, the Seattle-based justice who made the court ruling on Friday which questioned the constitutionality of Trump’s order banning entry to the US by people from seven mainly Muslim countries.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20685 on: February 5, 2017, 09:53:13 am »

In its argument it said the president had "unreviewable authority" to prevent any group of foreigners from entering the country and said Friday's decision by Judge James Robart in Seattle was too general, the New York Times reported.

It also conflicted with a ruling by another federal judge in Boston, who had upheld Mr Trump's executive order, the department said.

He really thinks he can do whatever the feck he wants now, doesn't he?  But that Boston Judge bothers me.  The last thing we need is politicians and lawmakers rubberstamping every EO simply because it's the President.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
I haven't check that thread since I said those few things forgot I even posted it.

If I remember rightly I posted a Trump Tweet so POTUS is classed as unsourced.

Not wanting to get involved in a private spat, but it's Trump.  He retweets FOX.  He's a prime source of fake news, so yeah I would say until further notice POTUS can be classed as unsourced.

I mean, did you see the opening of SNL last night?  Trump actually managed to give Kristen Stewart enough material to come across as vaguely amusing.  ;D

Popcorn's Art

Offline theMilkman

• but doesn't deliver.
  • Legacy Fan
The failing New York Times has this to say...

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/04/opinion/sunday/why-nobody-cares-the-president-is-lying.html?smid=tw-share&_r=0

Interesting that the writer admits to being part of the problem of post truth and alternative fact.

For years, as a conservative radio talk show host, I played a role in that conditioning by hammering the The Fourth Estate for its bias and double standards. But the price turned out to be far higher than I imagined. The cumulative effect of the attacks was to delegitimize those outlets and essentially destroy much of the right’s immunity to false information. We thought we were creating a savvier, more skeptical audience. Instead, we opened the door for President Trump, who found an audience that could be easily misled.

lose an argument on how shit your economic policy is and how backward your social policy is because together they caused the biggest economic crisis in 80 years, find the media is starting to call you out for that, hammer that media for recognizing how shit your arguments are, create a media more sympathetic to your bullshit, find out people on your side of the isle only believe bullshit now because of all the validation you've been giving them, complain that they've elected the greatest, biggest bullshitter in the country as president.

finally stop to think, hmmm maybe we're part of the problem. Well done.
« Last Edit: February 5, 2017, 10:26:24 am by theMilkman »
"But the most important thing that we all must remember is that this football club is much more important and bigger than anybody."~ King Kenny Dalglish

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #20688 on: February 5, 2017, 10:22:06 am »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38872328

US President Donald Trump has defended Vladimir Putin when questioned over allegations of murders carried out by the Russian state.
In an interview with Fox News, he said: "There are a lot of killers. We've got a lot of killers. What do you think? Our country's so innocent?"
Mr Trump said he respected President Putin and would prefer to "get along with him".
He said he wanted help from Russia in the fight against "Islamic terrorism".
Excerpts of the interview with Bill O'Reilly, carried out at Mr Trump's Florida home, have been released ahead of the full interview being broadcast by Fox ahead of Sunday evening's Super Bowl, and on the two following nights.
Asked whether he respected Mr Putin, the US president replied: "I do respect him... well I respect a lot of people. That doesn't mean I'm going to get along with him."
He added: "I say it's better to get along with Russia than not. And if Russia helps us in the fight against Isis [so-called Islamic State], which is a major fight, and Islamic terrorism all over the world - that's a good thing. Will I get along with him? I have no idea."
The two men spoke on the phone last Saturday and have agreed to stay in "regular personal contact" but no date has been set for a meeting.
Mr Trump was also asked whether it was responsible to make claims about issues without citing facts to back them up, such as his contention that millions of people voted illegally during the US presidential election that he won - but with almost three million fewer votes than his Democratic opponent Hillary Clinton.
He replied: "Many people have come out and said I'm right, you know that.
"When you see illegals, people that are not citizens and they are on the registration rolls... you have illegals, you have dead people... it's really a bad situation."
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
I think that the hardest thing to swallow isn't so much that they're lies, but that they are stupid lies. 

They're the kind of lies that just plain insult your intelligence and take you for an absolute cockwomble.  Then you look around, see how many people are swallowing this wank, and realise the lunatics have taken over the asylum.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
the big story is Trump saying the USA is just as bad as Russia to defend them shocking from a POTUS.
That is the worst yet from my perspective.  It's even a bit Hodgson, were it not so serious.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #20691 on: February 5, 2017, 12:42:06 pm »
All of this cosying up to Putin and Russia, is very odd.

Is it just me, or is anyone else here thinking it's all a bit,  Manchurian Candidate.

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #20692 on: February 5, 2017, 12:57:15 pm »
All of this cosying up to Putin and Russia, is very odd.

Is it just me, or is anyone else here thinking it's all a bit,  Manchurian Candidate.

You know I can understand "mainstream" Republicans getting on board with Trump when it comes to issues like SC appointment, tax cuts, slashing of regulations, abortion etc. Even with the immigration ban. It's despicable of course, and likely (hopefully) to cause them long term damage, but at least there's an ideological consistency there. They can use him to promote their agenda, and are using this unexpected opportunity to get as much done as they can, before the whole thing falls apart.

But Republicans also used to be foreign policy hawks, standing up for the US and its interests and allies, and interested in the promotion of American values (however flawed that often was in practice). And yet Trump is now openly undoing all of that and, aside from McCain and Graham, there is complete silence from them.

It's been said many times, but can you imagine the reaction if this was Clinton? The Dems should be going ballisitic on this. Attack them where it can really hurt - weak on national security and un-American.

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
That is the worst yet from my perspective.  It's even a bit Hodgson, were it not so serious.

Can you imagine if Obama had said that? The outrage would be off the charts.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #20694 on: February 5, 2017, 01:06:25 pm »
It also makes sense if one takes a bunch of conspiracy theorists, who believe that they just need to ally Russia and then they get to focus on their 'real enemies', and give them control of US foreign policy and the US military.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20695 on: February 5, 2017, 01:09:38 pm »
You know I can understand "mainstream" Republicans getting on board with Trump when it comes to issues like SC appointment, tax cuts, slashing of regulations, abortion etc. Even with the immigration ban. It's despicable of course, and likely (hopefully) to cause them long term damage, but at least there's an ideological consistency there. They can use him to promote their agenda, and are using this unexpected opportunity to get as much done as they can, before the whole thing falls apart.

But Republicans also used to be foreign policy hawks, standing up for the US and its interests and allies, and interested in the promotion of American values (however flawed that often was in practice). And yet Trump is now openly undoing all of that and, aside from McCain and Graham, there is complete silence from them.

It's been said many times, but can you imagine the reaction if this was Clinton? The Dems should be going ballisitic on this. Attack them where it can really hurt - weak on national security and un-American.

I can only assume that they don't give a shit because they are in charge and think they can control Trump; and when they can't control him they will jettison him.  He will have done sufficient damage to most institutions that they will be able to rebuild them in their own image.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
My favourite part of the SNL sketches is the Steve Bannon grim reaper
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #20697 on: February 5, 2017, 01:59:20 pm »
Family business catch-up.

The trust Trump set up for his businesses is still controlled by, erm, Trump himself.

While the president says he has walked away from the day-to-day operations of his business, two people close to him are the named trustees and have broad legal authority over his assets: his eldest son, Donald Jr., and Allen H. Weisselberg, the Trump Organization’s chief financial officer. Mr. Trump, who will receive reports on any profit, or loss, on his company as a whole, can revoke their authority at any time.

What’s more, the purpose of the Donald J. Trump Revocable Trust is to hold assets for the “exclusive benefit” of the president. This trust remains under Mr. Trump’s Social Security number, at least as far as federal taxes are concerned.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/02/03/us/politics/donald-trump-business.html

And Ivanka kept Jared company during the President's business advisory council meeting.

Topics of discussion included tax and trade, regulation, infrastructure, women in the workforce, education, and immigration.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/who-sat-where-in-president-trumps-business-advisory-council-and-why-2017-2

Eric went on a two day business trip to Uruguay. Costing US taxpayers $100k because he gets Secret Service protection by law.

One of President Trump's sons made a business trip to Uruguay in early January that cost taxpayers $97,830 to put Secret Service and embassy staffers in hotel rooms, according to a new report.

Eric Trump visited the South American nation on behalf of the Trump Organization before his father’s Jan. 20 inauguration, The Washington Post reported Friday.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/317863-eric-trump-uruguay-trip-cost-taxpayers-98k-report

Jimmy Carter owned a peanut farm.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #20698 on: February 5, 2017, 04:16:19 pm »
Apparently, he's taken white supremacist groups off the "terror watch-list", as the govt programme will now only cover Islamist extremism. Source: Reuters

#AllTerroristsMatter

Offline coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
I love how reputable news sources are still using the word 'ban', despite shouts from the White House that "IT'S NOT A BAN!!"(Even though we all know it is, and Trump himself used the word.)

Really, I think this is the way the fourth estate needs to approach things- just continue on reporting fact, use the words the WH is using, and ignore the tantrums of Trump, Spicer and Conway.
Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
My favourite part of the SNL sketches is the Steve Bannon grim reaper

I actually hate it. I think giving him this goofy evil characterization trivializes the fact that he's actually evil. I'd have been happier if they'd gone in the other direction and had Bobby Moynihan play him as a slobby, constantly-out-of-breath alcoholic who nevertheless talks like a mix between Machiavelli and Heath Ledger's Joker. It'd not only have pissed him off (I'm sure he absolutely loves the grim reaper thing, given the fact that he's literally compared himself to Satan), but it'd have made Trump look even worse for listening to someone who looks like the homeless guy who screams at me on the train every day.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20701 on: February 5, 2017, 05:14:36 pm »
#AllTerroristsMatter
thought it was an executive order that was coming his way, can probably guess who by

Offline Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
I actually hate it. I think giving him this goofy evil characterization trivializes the fact that he's actually evil. I'd have been happier if they'd gone in the other direction and had Bobby Moynihan play him as a slobby, constantly-out-of-breath alcoholic who nevertheless talks like a mix between Machiavelli and Heath Ledger's Joker. It'd not only have pissed him off (I'm sure he absolutely loves the grim reaper thing, given the fact that he's literally compared himself to Satan), but it'd have made Trump look even worse for listening to someone who looks like the homeless guy who screams at me on the train every day.

I don't think Trump is evil, however it's quite obvious he's narcissistic, ignorant, and has never had to do any proper work in his life.

I am more concerned with the people behind him, and no doubt the US intelligence agencies have been thinking this through themselves.  You torpedo Trump, you may get a more competent, ruthless individual who isn't as bumbling and willing to run his mouth off. 

His cabinet and advisers are the real problem.  Corporate trojan horses the lot of them.  The unwillingness of the GOP to come out firmly against Trump and his illegal policies has shown what a sham the democratic process actually is.  Provided the GOP get their pound of flesh, they couldn't give a shit what Trump does in the meantime.  The worrying aspect of this is that Pence is just, if not more radical on some issues, and this is why I doubt the CIA/NSA are going to torpedo what this Russia deal appear to look like - which is treason.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #20703 on: February 5, 2017, 05:24:13 pm »
I can only assume that they don't give a shit because they are in charge and think they can control Trump; and when they can't control him they will jettison him.  He will have done sufficient damage to most institutions that they will be able to rebuild them in their own image.

Didn't the German establishment think they could control Hitler? Not that I'm going full hyperbole and comparing Trump to Hitler.

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
I don't think Trump is evil, however it's quite obvious he's narcissistic, ignorant, and has never had to do any proper work in his life.

I am more concerned with the people behind him, and no doubt the US intelligence agencies have been thinking this through themselves.  You torpedo Trump, you may get a more competent, ruthless individual who isn't as bumbling and willing to run his mouth off. 

His cabinet and advisers are the real problem.  Corporate trojan horses the lot of them.  The unwillingness of the GOP to come out firmly against Trump and his illegal policies has shown what a sham the democratic process actually is.  Provided the GOP get their pound of flesh, they couldn't give a shit what Trump does in the meantime.  The worrying aspect of this is that Pence is just, if not more radical on some issues, and this is why I doubt the CIA/NSA are going to torpedo what this Russia deal appear to look like - which is treason.
He was talking about Bannon, not Trump.

Trump is clearly just a means to an end; a tool, in every sense.
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #20705 on: February 5, 2017, 05:55:44 pm »
Didn't the German establishment think they could control Hitler? Not that I'm going full hyperbole and comparing Trump to Hitler.
The military certainly did. Totally against the Versailles Treaty, they had plans for a modern airforce and were developing a submarine fleet as well as modern tanks etc. long before Hitler's seizure of power. They backed him because he gave them what they wanted in terms of equipment, and was on the same wavelength when it came to using that equipment to conquer territory. It only went sour when he started losing (the war as well as his mind).
If I recall he came to power as chancellor with the aged hero of WW1, Hindenburg, as President. The hope was that he would become part of the regular political process. Wrong!

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #20706 on: February 5, 2017, 05:57:16 pm »

Trump isn't Hitler. Bannon on the other hand...
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20707 on: February 5, 2017, 05:58:33 pm »

From the history programmes I've watched I think it was more a hope.  It was basically appeasement - give him this or that and hopefully he'll either go away or he'll eventually shut up and be a good boy.  But he just took it as a green light to take more and more and more.

I dunno... Maybe Hitler decided they didn't want a confrontation and he used that to push them until he had full control.  And then he turned the same tactic upon all of Europe.  The way he treated the leader of Czechoslovakia on the eve of Germany's invasion springs to mind.

Decide for yourself how many bells this rings.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #20708 on: February 5, 2017, 05:59:53 pm »
From the history programmes I've watched I think it was more a hope.  It was basically appeasement - give him this or that and hopefully he'll either go away or he'll eventually shut up and be a good boy.  But he just took it as a green light to take more and more and more.

I dunno... Maybe Hitler decided they didn't want a confrontation and he used that to push them until he had full control.  And then he turned the same tactic upon all of Europe.  The way he treated the leader of Czechoslovakia on the eve of Germany's invasion springs to mind.

Decide for yourself how many bells this rings.

They gloated about being able to control him.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20709 on: February 5, 2017, 06:00:38 pm »
Family business catch-up.

The trust Trump set up for his businesses is still controlled by, erm, Trump himself.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/02/03/us/politics/donald-trump-business.html

And Ivanka kept Jared company during the President's business advisory council meeting.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/who-sat-where-in-president-trumps-business-advisory-council-and-why-2017-2

Eric went on a two day business trip to Uruguay. Costing US taxpayers $100k because he gets Secret Service protection by law.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/317863-eric-trump-uruguay-trip-cost-taxpayers-98k-report

Jimmy Carter owned a peanut farm.

Peanut Farm !! Sheer luxory... President of Uruguay Jose Mujica f*cked off the Palace and lived in his farmhouse...His security consisted of two policeman and a three legged dog.   

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #20710 on: February 5, 2017, 06:05:45 pm »
Albright: Bannon is pulling the strings in Trump administration

Former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright said in an interview Sunday that she thinks White House chief strategist Stephen Bannon is "pulling the strings" in President Donald Trump's administration.

"I think that it is a very unfortunate image, because clearly, Mr. Bannon is more than a strategic adviser. I think he's the person that's pulling the strings," Albright told CNN's "Fareed Zakaria GPS," pointing to Bannon's place on the National Security Council's "principals committee."

Trump signed an executive order on Jan. 28 that restructured the National Security Council and added Bannon.

Albright, who served as the head of the State Department under President Bill Clinton and supported Hillary Clinton in the 2016 presidential election, said Bannon's influence is "passing strange."

"And I think that the influence generally of Mr. Bannon is passing strange, if I may say so, given his background and his approach to national security policy, his admiration for Lenin, a number of things that trouble me a great deal about having him be in these all-important national security meetings," she said.

Bannon previously served as the head of Breitbart News before joining Trump's presidential campaign as its chief executive last August.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/albright-bannon-is-pulling-the-strings-in-trump-administration/ar-AAmDAAr?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout
Kill the humourless

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20711 on: February 5, 2017, 06:07:17 pm »
Trump isn't Hitler. Bannon on the other hand...
aye, could live with trump with competent moderates around him where he takes the credit for their work, but not with someone like Bannon having more influence on national security than the head of the military

Then again the medias biggest failing in all this won't be going soft on trump, it'll be the lack of scrutiny to the others in his campaign like bannon
« Last Edit: February 5, 2017, 06:26:57 pm by Laughter is the best medicine... »

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #20712 on: February 5, 2017, 06:11:47 pm »
If I recall he came to power as chancellor with the aged hero of WW1, Hindenburg, as President. The hope was that he would become part of the regular political process. Wrong!

Catholic conservatives who were linked to the military (eg von Papen) played a big role in pulling Hitler into government and making him Chancellor. They, like the military, thought Hitler would be a pawn to crush the Communists and broader left.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20713 on: February 5, 2017, 06:13:13 pm »
They gloated about being able to control him.

Well I've not watched it for years so I don't know how well my memory serves.  That drama with Robert Carlyle sticks to my mind.  Seemed Hindenburg especially didn't want him anywhere near government.

At the end of the day though it just makes the parallels more clear.  I've said a few times that the GOP doesn't realise the game has changed; Trump, Bannon et al are playing by a different set of rules and one day, sooner or later, they going to swerve on the GOP and catch them out completely.  And it will likely be very damaging for everybody concerned.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #20714 on: February 5, 2017, 06:16:27 pm »
Peanut Farm !! Sheer luxory... President of Uruguay Jose Mujica f*cked off the Palace and lived in his farmhouse...His security consisted of two policeman and a three legged dog.   

And his beat up VW Beetle!

Bet he wasn't investigated a fraction as much as Carter though. Bet Trump's financial links won't be either. eg https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/1979/10/17/inquiry-clears-carter-familys-peanut-business/ca5371c9-f0a7-4809-9b7d-7a57e78b76b0/?utm_term=.08fdce0a3c8d

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #20715 on: February 5, 2017, 06:19:41 pm »
President Trump reigns over royal-themed fundraising gala at Mar-a-Lago

The Washington Post
Emily Heil
15 mins ago

President Trump might have plans to make his Palm Beach resort Mar-a-Lago his “southern White House.” But on Saturday night, the ballroom of the private club looked more like a royal court.

“Vienna to Versailles” was the theme of the black-tie Red Cross gala that POTUS and FLOTUS attended — he in a tuxedo, she in a slinky fuchsia gown — greeted by sign-carrying protesters proclaiming themselves to be “Nasty Women” with plans to “Resist.”

Past the rabble, things were far friendlier in the ballroom, with the president’s pals and others who just played nice for the evening, Palm Beach style, meandering from the poolside cocktails to the dance floor. Bewigged servers and entertainers wore gowns and get-ups that looked like castoffs from Marie Antoinette and Co.’s closets, per social media evidence and a spy or two in the room (the annual fundraiser, a highlight of the town’s social calendar, was oddly closed to press this year).

Crystal candelabras, opulent palm tree centerpieces, and gold-toned place settings contributed to the welcome-to-my-chateau vibe.

The Trumps took it all in from the head table, where the president sat with his wife on one side and Commerce Secretary nominee (and Palm Beach denizen) Wilbur Ross on the other. In remarks before taking a spin on the dance floor, Trump praised both the Red Cross and ball co-chair J.J. Cafaro, a mall developer convicted in 2002 of bribing former congressman Jim Traficant and in 2010 for not disclosing donations to his daughter’s failed congressional campaign.

According to one attendee, Trump stayed for hours and seemed to be reveling in the glow of acceptance of a Palm Beach crowd that had once viewed the nouveau riche developer with skepticism. Standing at a dais festooned with the presidential seal, with a glittering gold curtain behind him, Trump looked proud of the trappings of the presidency as he surveyed a room fit for a king (the Donald J. Trump ballroom, after all, was constructed to look like Versailles Hall of Mirrors).

And true to form, he saved his highest praise for, well, himself. “I don’t think I’ve ever seen the room looking more beautiful —  perhaps at our wedding — right, Melania?” he said. “We’re very proud of Mar-a-Lago and all the money we’ve raised in this room and in this wonderful house.”
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/president-trump-reigns-over-royal-themed-fundraising-gala-at-mar-a-lago/ar-AAmDNsh?li=AA5a8k&ocid=spartanntp

Emily Heil.

Coincidence?
Kill the humourless

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
Gotta love the way the judges are making him utterly incompetent and make him look a complete powerless fool.
Suprised after theu pointed out bad dudes would pile in if they brought the ban in slowly that bad dudes (now angered bad dudes) arent piling in.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #20717 on: February 5, 2017, 07:07:24 pm »
President Trump reigns over royal-themed fundraising gala at Mar-a-Lago

Emily Heil.

Coincidence?
Versailles or the name?
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
Gotta love the way the judges are making him utterly incompetent and make him look a complete powerless fool.
Suprised after theu pointed out bad dudes would pile in if they brought the ban in slowly that bad dudes (now angered bad dudes) arent piling in.
The say 'a wise man knows what he doesn't know'. There seems to be quite a lot he didn't know, and he didn't know he didn't know it.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
The say 'a wise man knows what he doesn't know'. There seems to be quite a lot he didn't know, and he didn't know he didn't know it.
Donald Rumsfeld likes this comment!
W