Author Topic: Marvel Musings. Now with Spidey Spoilers.  (Read 632009 times)

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
Re: Marvel Musings
« Reply #3360 on: November 7, 2017, 12:25:55 am »
Does the world really need more formulaic disposable blockbusters?

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3361 on: November 7, 2017, 01:23:56 am »
Does the world really need more formulaic disposable blockbusters?
Nope, but then again we live in a world where shite like McNasty's, KFC, Starbucks etc etc are popular and making a fortune. People like, generic, disposable, unsatisfying shite.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3362 on: November 8, 2017, 01:44:45 am »
Thor was ok. Felt more like a Marvel movie with Wakiti writing jokes than a Wakiti movie but it's not as bad as you'd expect.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3363 on: November 8, 2017, 09:31:33 am »
I hate to be gauche and bring it back to comics, but Brian Michael Bendis has left for DC. Finally. Never much liked his stuff but he's got worse as he's gone on and it feels like he's been doing every big crossover for the last five years. Maybe now there'll be less gimmicky plotlines and sub-Whedon writing in Marvel in general.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #3364 on: November 8, 2017, 10:02:02 am »
Thor was ok. Felt more like a Marvel movie with Wakiti writing jokes than a Wakiti movie but it's not as bad as you'd expect.

Think that might be the most praise I've seen from you for a Marvel movie.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3365 on: November 8, 2017, 10:25:23 am »

Thought that myself.  ;D

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3366 on: November 8, 2017, 04:04:30 pm »

I think I said I liked Spider-Man, but I can't remember exactly.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #3367 on: November 8, 2017, 04:15:50 pm »
Thor is a fun ride, liked it a fair bit. Interesting visuals, some good characters, likeable cast and breezed right through to the end. In fact I think Hulk made an appearance around the 50 minutes mark and I hadn't realized almost half the movie had passed.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3368 on: November 11, 2017, 11:07:55 pm »
Thor was excellent

Kind of annoying they revealed Hulk in literally the first trailer, when it’s actually built as a surprise in the film.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3369 on: November 11, 2017, 11:42:58 pm »
Thor was excellent

Kind of annoying they revealed Hulk in literally the first trailer, when it’s actually built as a surprise in the film.

Oooo yeah the trailer gave away so many cool moments. Thunder God lightning Thor, for example

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3370 on: November 14, 2017, 04:02:24 pm »
Thor was brilliant. A laugh from start to finish. Looked fantastic and was an interesting story to boot

Loved the interactions between Thor and Loki and Thor and Banner/Hulk

Korg might be the funniest character in the whole MCU and I really hope we see more of him in the future. I'd watch a whole film about his revolutions

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #3371 on: November 14, 2017, 08:59:19 pm »
Loved the interactions between Thor and Loki and Thor and Banner/Hulk

That 'strongest Avenger' bit and Thor's reaction to it was the best thing in the whole movie. Extra brownie points for Jeff Goldblum being Jeff Goldblum.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #3372 on: November 16, 2017, 12:21:27 pm »
I don’t have a link handy, but a Deadpool 2 teaser is out.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #3373 on: November 16, 2017, 03:01:11 pm »
I don’t have a link handy, but a Deadpool 2 teaser is out.

Here you go

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/11mp4HVSyLE&amp;t" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/11mp4HVSyLE&amp;t</a>

Along with the official synopsis

After surviving a near fatal bovine attack, a disfigured cafeteria chef (Wade Wilson) struggles to fulfill his dream of becoming Mayberry's hottest bartender while also learning to cope with his lost sense of taste. Searching to regain his spice for life, as well as a flux capacitor, Wade must battle ninjas, the yakuza, and a pack of sexually aggressive canines, as he journeys around the world to discover the importance of family, friendship, and flavor - finding a new taste for adventure and earning the coveted coffee mug title of World's Best Lover.

And an international Black Panther trailer

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/t3OGqIJCCTE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/t3OGqIJCCTE</a>
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 03:05:27 pm by gazzalfc »

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3374 on: November 16, 2017, 03:28:38 pm »
The Punisher is out tomorrow, 71% on RT so far.

Offline Kopite Tom

• Kopite
« Reply #3375 on: November 17, 2017, 07:49:42 pm »
So then, anyone started watching The Punisher? Going to watch at least the first 2 episodes tonight, reviews seem pretty mixed with the main complaint being that the show is slow & at times dull. Seen one review that said they have tried to do a 6 hour story inside 13 episodes which doesn't surprise me as my main gripe with Marvels shows are that they are at least 3 episodes too long.

Although, The Defenders was only 8 episodes &  I found that disappointing, still looking forward to watching this though, hope the violence is excessive & over the top in true Punisher fashion.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3376 on: November 17, 2017, 08:03:44 pm »
Thir was really good and very funny. Was dreading being dragged to watch it as the first one was awful and the 2nd so bad that i switched it off after 30 minutes.

Oh and a big tick for the director cutting Thor’s long hair off. It meant having the horn for Chris Hemsworth for the majority of the film.

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #3377 on: November 17, 2017, 09:33:17 pm »
I loved the first episode of The Punisher you just knew he was going to exploded at some point.

And it didn't disappoint.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Online Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3378 on: November 21, 2017, 01:14:57 pm »
Three episodes into The Punisher so far. Netflix do like to drag out these Marvel shows don't they?

I'm still enjoying it, I like the character and things are gradually coming together, plus it's nice to have a bit of grounded violence instead of over the top superhero action.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #3379 on: November 21, 2017, 01:22:54 pm »
About 8 episodes in and it's more of a cold war/espionage deal than I was expecting.  Would like to see more actual punishing, but am hoping it all kicks off big time towards the end.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3380 on: November 21, 2017, 04:20:06 pm »
Three episodes into The Punisher so far. Netflix do like to drag out these Marvel shows don't they?

I'm still enjoying it, I like the character and things are gradually coming together, plus it's nice to have a bit of grounded violence instead of over the top superhero action.

I've got one left and it's been slow but not bad slow like the rest of the Netflix shows (didn't see JJ). Maybe it's just because Frank is a better character being played by a better actor, but the episodes where nothing happens are far less dull.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Online Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3381 on: November 21, 2017, 05:11:09 pm »
I've got one left and it's been slow but not bad slow like the rest of the Netflix shows (didn't see JJ). Maybe it's just because Frank is a better character being played by a better actor, but the episodes where nothing happens are far less dull.

That's good, I wasn't sure which way it would go after episode 3 seemed to go even slower than the two that preceded it. It was still enjoyable because it's so early in the show and everything is new and interesting, but if every episode ended up that way I could see myself getting bored of it.

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3382 on: November 22, 2017, 06:59:37 pm »
It is slow but really good. I'd say the show is a lot more about Frank Castle than it is The Punisher. It shows his army background and his family life, and just little snippets of his personality (like he is a good cook or he likes Bruce Springsteen). Also shows you the points that Frank used to be a man but has become broken, before he was The Punisher even. 

You get the impression that even if his family were not killed, Frank would have likely become The Punisher any way.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #3383 on: November 23, 2017, 12:46:44 am »
It is slow but really good. I'd say the show is a lot more about Frank Castle than it is The Punisher. It shows his army background and his family life, and just little snippets of his personality (like he is a good cook or he likes Bruce Springsteen). Also shows you the points that Frank used to be a man but has become broken, before he was The Punisher even. 

You get the impression that even if his family were not killed, Frank would have likely become The Punisher any way.

Spoilers man!
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3384 on: November 24, 2017, 10:49:11 pm »
4 episodes in on The Punisher and really enjoying it.

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3385 on: November 24, 2017, 11:35:14 pm »
I never posted any final Punisher thoughts, so here's a few

Spoiler free - overlong but pretty good

Spoiler
There's probably four episodes too many, but I liked all the supporting cast and Jon Bernthal really is a tremendous actor. Not enough action, and Punisher spends more time getting fucked up than doing the fucking up which is a shitty direction to take the show. The action you do get is well done, mostly, and feels realistic. It's very violent and gory which is a nice change of pace from the fairy fart-level violence of the MCU. I doubt we ever see Jigsaw, based on the production schedules these shows have, but that was a nice tough at the end.

After watching Daredevil 1/2, Luke Cage and now this, it's clear that Netflix need to just pare the seasons down to 8ish episodes. Same budget, ideally, but keep things moving along at a decent clip. I saw a great point about Punisher on twitter, in that he spends most of the show counselling the other characters and helping them with their issues (and how fucking dumb that is) and it just wouldn't be an issue if there weren't so many filler episodes.
[close]

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Online sambhi92

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Round the Fields of Anfield Road
« Reply #3386 on: November 28, 2017, 05:33:55 pm »
Avengers trailer out tomorrow
Round the Fields of Anfield Road

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3387 on: November 28, 2017, 05:54:03 pm »
Avengers trailer out tomorrow

Waited 10 years for this movie!

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3388 on: November 28, 2017, 08:00:13 pm »
Up to episode 10 on The Punisher and it’s up there with Daredevil and Jessica Jones for me.

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3389 on: November 28, 2017, 08:14:39 pm »
Up to episode 10 on The Punisher and it’s up there with Daredevil and Jessica Jones for me.

On 8th myself, decent enough this.
@Yvanicuzz

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #3390 on: November 29, 2017, 12:15:29 am »
Waited 10 years for this movie!

What.. you've been waiting for Avengers 3 since year before the first MCU movie came out?

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3391 on: November 29, 2017, 09:29:54 am »
On 8th myself, decent enough this.

I'm loving it. Only 2 episodes in but it's great. The flashbacks, the use of PTSD from what happened in the war and to his family. The action is brutal as well and really well done

Definitely up there with DD and JJ for me even after 2 episodes. DD1, JJ, Punisher, DD2, LC, Defenders, Iron Fist is my order

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3392 on: November 29, 2017, 09:30:12 am »
What.. you've been waiting for Avengers 3 since year before the first MCU movie came out?

Iron Man came out 2008, Avengers 3 is out 2018 so it’s 10 years between maybe I worded it wrong.

This is the big Avengers with deaths.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #3393 on: November 29, 2017, 01:56:57 pm »
It's up on the Marvel facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/marvelstudios/videos/370034083424210/

fap fap fap
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #3394 on: November 29, 2017, 01:57:20 pm »
Oh boy.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/6ZfuNTqbHE8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/6ZfuNTqbHE8</a>

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3395 on: November 29, 2017, 02:00:41 pm »
Marvel you shut up and take all my money. Then when you're done doing that you shut up and take it all over again

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #3396 on: November 29, 2017, 02:00:51 pm »
Oooooohhh I’m moist

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3397 on: November 29, 2017, 02:02:45 pm »
Marvel to DC.

'Ok you make your little ensemble superhero film. When you're done doing that you can hold my beer and let us show you how it's done'
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 02:11:36 pm by gazzalfc »

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3398 on: November 29, 2017, 02:05:36 pm »
Why does Thanos look like the elephant man?

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3399 on: November 29, 2017, 02:35:04 pm »
Marvel to DC.

'Ok you make your little ensemble superhero film. When you're done doing that you can hold my beer and let us show you how it's done'

Seriously, imagine if Infinity War was like the fourth movie in the franchise, fucking hell.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.