Author Topic: Liverpool 3-0 Bolton: Post-Match Comments.  (Read 28560 times)

Offline AntonisCyprus

• Legacy Fan
  • Cyprus Branch
Re: Liverpool 3-0 Bolton: Post-Match Comments.
« Reply #400 on: January 2, 2007, 11:10:13 pm »
so we are now 8 points away from second place.. :)
The Cyprus BRANCH RED Fans

Offline Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #401 on: January 2, 2007, 11:15:17 pm »
so we are now 8 points away from second place.. :)

yep and a bit of a shame that we're not in lge action for another fortnight now as we've been doing so well of late, results-wise.

but hey let's knock the gooners out of both cups and then dispose of watford before we teach the rentboys a lesson on the 20th!
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Offline WesternRed

• Optimistic realist with moments of lucidity.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Waiting for the fabled Number 19...
« Reply #402 on: January 2, 2007, 11:19:24 pm »
could've sworn it wer at emirates  :-[ sorry then. Must be going loopy.. all i remember in the pub was when drogba and lehman felt each other up, that was at the bridge  ::) must of had too many...
Nah, mate - the sight of Drogba & Lehman feeling each other up would twist anyone's mind (and turn their stomach too!) ;)

One thing I'm very encouraged about regarding the Chelsea game is that we'll have a week to prepare.  We all know how much Rafa likes enough time to prepare... it should mean we'll be perfectly ready to twat them for the first time in waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long!!!  Come on you Redmen!!!
« Last Edit: January 2, 2007, 11:22:01 pm by WesternRed »
"Against Madrid, Liverpool became a steamroller...  Because of the manner in which they demolished Madrid and then thrashed United they are clearly the side everyone will want to avoid.
- Johan Cryuff, March 17, 2009.

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #403 on: January 3, 2007, 12:38:12 am »
Nah, mate - the sight of Drogba & Lehman feeling each other up would twist anyone's mind (and turn their stomach too!) ;)

One thing I'm very encouraged about regarding the Chelsea game is that we'll have a week to prepare.  We all know how much Rafa likes enough time to prepare... it should mean we'll be perfectly ready to twat them for the first time in waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long!!!  Come on you Redmen!!!

Rafa will have a week to prepare only if we lose to Arsenal in the League Cup at Anfield. Otherwise we play Spurs the 17th away and 24th at Anfield in January in the semi's..

It could get complecated if we draw with Arsenal at Anfield, then we will play them at the Emirates the 17th.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline fizyboy

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #404 on: January 3, 2007, 06:35:14 am »
i don't know where to ask this but..

any of you think that maybe Aurelio can play in the center of the midfield? Well, according to Rafa, he's the better passer of the ball than Xabi, so maybe thats his best position? he looks alright to me when he came on to replace Gerrard..

Offline Ole Gunnar

• Legacy Fan
  • In it to win it!
« Reply #405 on: January 3, 2007, 08:52:00 am »
i don't know where to ask this but..

any of you think that maybe Aurelio can play in the center of the midfield? Well, according to Rafa, he's the better passer of the ball than Xabi, so maybe thats his best position? he looks alright to me when he came on to replace Gerrard..
He did play some games there for Valencia last season, all three games I saw him play, he played CM.
« Last Edit: January 3, 2007, 09:02:18 am by Ole Gunnar »
Bart: Dad, what's a Muppet?

Homer: Well, it's not quite a mop, not quite a puppet, but man... (laughs, then pauses) So, to answer you question, I don't know.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #406 on: January 3, 2007, 08:58:03 am »
Any news on bellamy ?

Offline kneejerk

• Anny Roader
  • talking with the heart, not the brain
« Reply #407 on: January 3, 2007, 09:49:57 am »
finnan motm for me
would like javier bardem to do the coin tosses at anfield

Offline Paul_h

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #408 on: January 6, 2007, 01:31:28 am »
twas a super win, against one of our rivals for CL qualification..
got a bit nervous after the 1st half, where our moves were constantly breaking down, usually Gerrard and Pennant were the culprits, with a misplaced final pass, or wildly over hit pass, i was sensing a 0-0..
crouchie looked well short of confidence, in the 1st half. And its really no surprise. with people getting on his back, saying he's not good enough, press speculation linking him other teams...in and out the team, and expected to perform..
Rafa needs to do something to reassure him., to get the best out of him. Kuyt regulaly misses good chances, but dosn't get as much stick as crouhie..
his 2nd half goal should do wonders for his confidence. was made up for him..

Sammie was a rock at the back and back to his best. Finnan outstanding, and was impressed with his shot on goal in the 1st half. he should be encouraged to shoot more often. hes proved he's one of the best crossers of the ball at the club, often with pin point accuracy. i'm convinced this this could be harnessed for goals, if only he had the courage to shoot more often instaed of passing wide to pennant..

the bolton fans are c*nts..
had to laugh at thier singing though, the ba*tards..
when Rafa was in the techncal area they came out with 'you're just a fat spanish waiter...' then there was 'oh sammie sammie, sammie sammie sammie sammie slipia'!. and then there was 'where's me wallet gone, where's me wallet gone...'

we then counteracted with 'easy, easy ' after the 3rd went in, and then 'who are ya' when they decided to leave early ...
was a sweet win though, even if they won the banter contest..