Author Topic: NFL Dynasty League - Rookie Draft starting 7.05.21 7.30pm  (Read 6978 times)

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: NFL Fantasy Dynasty League (UPDATED WITH DRAFT ORDER & BY-LAWS)
« Reply #40 on: June 4, 2020, 01:47:14 pm »
Trend is making trades before he even has any players :lmao Never change, mate.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #41 on: June 4, 2020, 01:54:33 pm »
Trend is making trades before he even has any players :lmao Never change, mate.

Bring the energy
Bring it every day
Bring it Bring it
To Me
For You

Trend’s words of wisdom!!!

#3 pick is not a ham sandwich now
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: June 4, 2020, 02:21:47 pm »
Want the third pick?

Trend trades
2021 3rd round pick + 2020 #3 1st round pick  (3rd round next year + #3)

for

DeFacto trades
20210 1st round pick + #12 pick in the 2020 1st round (1st round next year + #12)

Done  :D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: June 4, 2020, 02:36:27 pm »
Done  :D

Deep Trade Talks

Defacto, allow me to do a few simulations drafting in the 12th position before I confirm - before submitting to Carl.

but like you I am inclined to agree to this --- I'll confirm by tomorrow. 

90% I'll confirm.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: June 4, 2020, 02:44:40 pm »
Deep Trade Talks

Defacto, allow me to do a few simulations drafting in the 12th position before I confirm - before submitting to Carl.

but like you I am inclined to agree to this --- I'll confirm by tomorrow. 

90% I'll confirm.

Sounds good mate

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #45 on: June 4, 2020, 03:43:25 pm »
Giving up your first round pick in next year's rookie draft is a bold move.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: June 4, 2020, 03:47:26 pm »
Giving up your first round pick in next year's rookie draft is a bold move.

So is passing on the top 5 RB's 4 WR's and 2 QB's......  most likely.

Bold... still running the simulations - looks to me to be a 49% vs 51% move except no one knows DeFacto's drafting style/strategy yet - I believe he had a similar position.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: June 4, 2020, 10:59:54 pm »
Hello lads!

By the time many of you have read this post (here and in sleeper), you will be interested to the know the 1st day of GM meetings has been fruitful for Team Trend Tits.

For those of you following at home on RAWK, you will have known that Team DeFacto and us Tits were in deep negotiations to provide some draft order clarity for our teams.
And as such, I would like to confirm, list and provide clarity of this trade plus post an equally entertaining second trade with Team Owner Claus.   What a first day!

We formally submit these transactions to the league office and Carl the Champ for approval.

2020 Draft Order Slot Swap with a Twist Trade

DeFacto and Trend's Tits have decide to swap draft order places - exchanging the 3rd and 12th drafting positions in the upcoming 2020 draft
     - To complete the deal - DeFacto trades away his 1st round selection in 2021 rookie draft to Trend 
                                         - Trend trades away his 3rd round selection in the 2021 rookie draft to DeFacto

2020 Draft Pick Swap plus Compensation

Trend and Claus have decided to swap two picks.   
      - To complete the deal -  Claus trades away the 34th pick (3rd round) in the 2020 draft to Trend
                                           - Trend trades away the 60th pick (5th round) in the 2020 draft to Claus
                                           - Trend trades away his second round pick in the 2021 and 2022 drafts

Trend gets                                DeFacto gets                       Claus gets

2020 picks                               2020 picks                          2020 picks
12/13/34/36/37/61               3/22/27/46/51                   10/15/39/58/60

2021 picks                              2021 picks                          2021 picks
1st round pick                        3rd round pick                     2nd round pick

2022 picks
                                                                                          2nd round pick

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: June 5, 2020, 08:24:27 am »
FYI, anyone else wanting to do trades at this early juncture you can do this through the app by clicking on a team name. You will then see that team's roster which will be empty now obviously but then the option to propose a trade can be found at the top of the team page.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: June 5, 2020, 04:32:34 pm »
I didn't even want to do the trade but Trend is such a mad man I want to encourage it as much as possible lol
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: June 5, 2020, 04:33:55 pm »
Trend should change his name to Trade

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: June 5, 2020, 04:35:03 pm »
Trend should change his name to Trade

Trade is your destiny
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: June 5, 2020, 04:57:45 pm »
I didn't even want to do the trade but Trend is such a mad man I want to encourage it as much as possible lol

Wow. I did not know you wanted to incentivize my behavior without liking the underlying deal?    I'm a little bummed by that :) .

2 second round picks plus a replacement pick will afford you the ability to get 3 picks in close proximity too in the 5th round --- possibly at a time where rookie WR's are in abundance :)

Nevertheless, I hope Karma kicks my butt like it did with Luck QB pick last year and presents you with flowers from this deal.

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: June 5, 2020, 05:03:48 pm »
Wow. I did not know you wanted to incentivize my behavior without liking the underlying deal?    I'm a little bummed by that :) .

2 second round picks plus a replacement pick will afford you the ability to get 3 picks in close proximity too in the 5th round --- possibly at a time where rookie WR's are in abundance :)

Nevertheless, I hope Karma kicks my butt like it did with Luck QB pick last year and presents you with flowers from this deal.

Haha it's fine pal, I think it's fair. Like I told you I just don't like trading in general, more worried of losing the trade than excited to win it!

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: June 5, 2020, 05:05:06 pm »
I'd turned notifications off for Sleeper. Didn't realise you'd been chatting on there  :duh ;D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: June 5, 2020, 05:15:11 pm »
Haha it's fine pal, I think it's fair. Like I told you I just don't like trading in general, more worried of losing the trade than excited to win it!

Risk... or how you learned to love the bomb :)

Come fly with me!

« Last Edit: June 5, 2020, 05:52:35 pm by Trendisdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #57 on: June 9, 2020, 05:00:43 am »
Pfffff... All those fancy rules of yours won't stop me from building a monumental dynasty that will dominate the RAWKFL for decades...

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: June 9, 2020, 08:22:33 am »
Pfffff... All those fancy rules of yours won't stop me from building a monumental dynasty that will dominate the RAWKFL for decades...

I don't think it's the rules you need to worry about stopping you on that one, chief. ;D

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #59 on: June 9, 2020, 01:51:19 pm »
I don't think it's the rules you need to worry about stopping you on that one, chief. ;D

Yeah, I know. You've all conspired against me. Just like the Democrats have conspired against Donald Trump. Sad!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: June 9, 2020, 03:58:56 pm »
Anyone want to trade a 2020 a mid-round (3rd or 4th round) for 1st round pick next year 2021?   At present, I have two (DeFacto's and mine) and a better shot a Trevor Lawrence than most.

PM on sleeper if so!

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2020, 08:37:20 am »
I've put a poll for the draft date on Sleeper. I've given the first two Sundays of August as possibilities.

Holding it on a Sunday night (afternoon for the American folk) just seems the most sensible given that's when the NFL games are.

Would like to get a date set soon otherwise it'll be tricky to find a date for all 12 of us to make on short notice.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2020, 09:28:14 am »
Sorry lads, have only just clocked that discussions have moved to Sleeper. Didn't have it on my phone, but getting the app today.

I've put a poll for the draft date on Sleeper. I've given the first two Sundays of August as possibilities.

Holding it on a Sunday night (afternoon for the American folk) just seems the most sensible given that's when the NFL games are.

Would like to get a date set soon otherwise it'll be tricky to find a date for all 12 of us to make on short notice.

Nice one mate, appreciate the long notice period. And thanks for all of the new developments you've worked on too, looking great! :)

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: July 22, 2020, 12:30:52 pm »
So even though the USA is being ripped to shreds by Covid-19 it still looks like the NFL season will be going ahead, which means we're only 7 weeks away from kick off.

With that in mind, unless there's any objections, I think we will go ahead with holding the draft on Sunday 9th August, probably around 7.30/8pm UK time.

If anyone can't make it then let me know and we can try and sort an alternative time/day.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
So even though the USA is being ripped to shreds by Covid-19 it still looks like the NFL season will be going ahead, which means we're only 7 weeks away from kick off.

With that in mind, unless there's any objections, I think we will go ahead with holding the draft on Sunday 9th August, probably around 7.30/8pm UK time.

If anyone can't make it then let me know and we can try and sort an alternative time/day.

Cheers for setting this up!

I think it's likely I won't be able to make the 9th, but understand how hard it is to find a date for everyone!

If Sunday 16th wasn't too late, that's the next Sunday evening I can definitely make. Would that fit with people?

If it doesn't quite work out for everyone, then no worries at all and go ahead on the 9th

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'm happy to push it back a week. Don't want to have it when one or two can't make it as the draft is the most essential part of this league.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
Re: NFL Fantasy Dynasty League (DRAFT DATE/TIME TBA)
« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2020, 09:48:40 am »
I'd be okay with 16th Aug.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'm happy to push it back a week. Don't want to have it when one or two can't make it as the draft is the most essential part of this league.

Everyone's priorities seem to be misguided.  What we need is rigid, unbending, and unforgiving leadership.

Haha.. just jokes.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 12:53:37 pm by Trendisdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: NFL Fantasy Dynasty League (DRAFT DATE/TIME TBC)
« Reply #68 on: July 24, 2020, 08:25:15 am »
Everyone's priorities seem to be misguided.  What we need is rigid, unbending, and unforgiving leadership.

Haha.. just jokes.

Pipe down you, haven't you got some mad draft pick trade offers to be scheming up?

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: NFL Fantasy Dynasty League (DRAFT SET FOR 7.30PM (UK TIME) 16/08)
« Reply #69 on: August 9, 2020, 09:53:27 am »
Bump.

Just one week to go til the draft

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: NFL Fantasy Dynasty League (DRAFT DONE - DRAFT GRADES NOW LIVE)
« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2020, 09:50:52 pm »
Right lads, as Commissioner I thought I'd go through the teams and do a post draft write up of each team. Don't take anything to heart, it's all just a bit of tongue in cheek fun.  ;D

I've done three so far, will work on the rest over the next couple of days. Enjoy!!

Team Gerry Attrick

With the no.1 pick in the draft Gerry wasted no time in jumping on the chance to draft fantasy powerhouse Christian McCaffrey. There had been late speculation of Gerry swerving us all and taking a Quarterback but alas it was not to be the case (I mean who would be stupid enough to take a Quarterback in the top 3, oops more on that later).

Unfortunately for everyone else not only was CMC now off the board but that 1st pick proved to be the only occasion on which Gerry was swift in making his pick. Yes it was Gerry Attrick by name, geriatric by nature for the rest of the draft as Gerry just couldn’t seem to grasp the concept of having back to back picks. Perhaps it was Gerry’s old age that also led him to forget about drafting a Quarterback in a Superflex league until the end of the 6th round!! He did manage to get away with this possibly-not-so-calculated risk by nabbing the ever reliable Matty Ryan.

Overall, Gerry ended up with a strong RB core led by CMC and Austin Ekeler and a very strong Tight End group with Mark Andrews and Blake Jarwin both tipped for big 2020s, however there may be some concerns as to his depth at QB and WR.

Commissioner Draft Grade – B
Post Draft Superlative Award – Most Likely To Fall Asleep At the Keyboard Half Way Through Sunday Night Football
« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 10:01:00 pm by Red Viper or RedViper87 please? Thanks x »

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: August 18, 2020, 09:52:36 pm »
The Fear Boners

Gregg picked at no.2 and ensured there was some early drama on draft night by snubbing the obvious choice in Saquon and picking Patrick Mahomes. Some would call this a brave move, some might say it’s downright stupid. I guess only time will tell, but looking at The Fear Boners’ options when it comes to starting calibre WRs and RBs, Gregg’s main fear may be his lads looking flacid come the business end of the season.

Sure there’s excitement in the young prospects of Jonathan Taylor, Hollywood Brown and Mike Gesicki but none of these youngsters have proven themselves in the NFL yet and there are certainly question marks when it comes to Melvin Gordon and Old Man Peterson who’s efficiency has fallen off in recent years.

It’s clear Gregg has given respect to the Superflex format in going heavy on the Quarterback position and if the likes of Mahomes and Josh Allen have the seasons they’re expected to then that gamble could certainly work out.

Commissioner Draft Grade – B-
Post Draft Superlative Award – Most Likely To Be Rooting Against Saquon Barkley

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2020, 09:53:32 pm »
Team Defacto

Defacto originally was drawn at no.12 but showed everyone he meant business and was in it to win it by trading up to pick no.3. He then appeared to completely forget about the draft or at least forget he was now third pick as he turned up 15 minutes late!! Fortunately for him Gregg had shat the bed with his first pick allowing Barkley to fall to defacto by way of the auto-pick.

Defacto then focused on receivers going for that position in 4 of his next 5 picks ensuring he was left with an impressive WR core including Mike Evans, Adam Thielen and Keenan Allen. Defacto also didn’t sleep on tight ends (although he may have literally fell asleep at one point as he disappeared for half the draft only to pop back in to complain about how long it was taking) landing Kelce, Hooper, OJ Howard, Ebron and Njoku. Were all of these tight end picks intended as part of some pre-planned tactic or were they just the natural outcome for a team made up of mostly auto-picks? Who knows?

Post Draft Superlative Award – Most Likely To Butt Heads With Commissioner After Continually Failing To Update Their Lineup

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: August 18, 2020, 11:01:13 pm »
;D love these, nice work mate

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: August 19, 2020, 07:08:42 pm »
BlackHoles&RaiderNation

Mikey started off the draft with the bold move of trading back from pick 5 all the way back to pick 12. This gamble seemed to work out as Mikey still found himself coming out of the first two rounds with a potential franchise RB tandem of Edwards-Helaire and Josh Jacobs. Mikey then followed up with some high ceiling WR picks in Kenny Golladay, Amari Cooper and Scary Terry McLaurin.

It could be argued Mikey’s prioritising of two positions early has resulted in his roster looking a tad unbalanced with the exciting youth prospects at RB and WR being starkly contrasted by the picks of Mark Ingram and Tom Brady, who have a combined age of 97 years old. At least Mikey made sure to draft some QB depth to compensate for the fact Tom Brady might only have three months left in him such as Baker Mayfield (oh no wait, he’s been traded away). Well at least there’s still *checks notes* Sam Darnold, oh boy.

Overall there’s certainly a talented roster here but QB could become an issue if Brady’s zimmer breaks mid season and Sam Darnold get’s Adam Gase’d into the XFL.

Commissioner Draft Grade – A-
Post Draft Superlative Award – Most Likely To Be Cursing Adam Gase

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: August 19, 2020, 07:14:23 pm »
Team Classycarra

Just call this guy Constable Classy cos he’s got more handcuffs stocked up than your local police station. Pollard, Mattison, Swift, Vaughn, Dallas. All these guys have potential to be the next big thing but will they get the opportunity? Does Classy care or is he just looking to wheel and deal once the RB1 injuries start stacking up? I guess only he knows but Classy will need one or two of these RBs to move up the depth chart sooner rather than later if he’s to make any waves this season because his QB options look thinner than Everton’s title chances.

There’s at least some top quality and consistency when it comes to his WRs. In Thomas, Godwin and Diggs, Team Classy boasts arguably the top WR group in the league supported by a solid Tight End group headed up by Darren Waller. Will it be enough to mount a challenge this season? I suspect he has more chance than the aforementioned Ev, maybe Chelsea is a fairer comparison with the assortment of talented, exciting youngsters who are probably too inexperienced to go the distance.

Post Draft Superlative Award – Most Likely To Be Praying For RB1 Injuries

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: August 19, 2020, 09:47:06 pm »
Montana Magic

Fair to say that Pete’s draft night was one of the more interesting with some eye-opening picks throughout. This started out with Pete giving us a double whammy of surprises going for George Kittle and Joe “Baby Hands” Burrow in rounds 2 and 3 respectively. Fair to say Pete may have overpaid picking Burrow 31st overall given his ADP is 114th but Pete obviously couldn’t resist due to the feeling of kinship as a fellow sufferer of tiny handitis.

The eye-opening picks didn’t stop there with Pete getting caught up in the Great QB Panic of Round 8 and plumping for another QB with hand issues, Daniel Jones. Sure, Jones, may have fumbled more times on national TV in the last 12 months than Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson and Donald Trump combined but Pete obviously fancies himself as an expert when it comes to spotting young QB talent. (He knew Kyler Murray was going to be great, ya know, not that he likes to mention it).

Pete’s wild draft night was topped off with the extremely controversial pick of feminist ally, Derrius Guice. A pick that provides a harsh lesson for anyone who thinks they can “just let the auto-pick take care of this one”.

Commissioner Draft Grade – F (take my favourite player will you, yeah that’s what you get!)
Post Draft Superlative Award – Most Likely To Google “Average Hand Size For A Middle Aged Man”

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: August 19, 2020, 09:54:56 pm »
Haha class :)

Dynasty Draft Carlos. Some Solid picks for the future on my roster.

I hope your going to be as harsh on Trend when you do his write up:)

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: August 19, 2020, 09:57:08 pm »
Haha class :)

Dynasty Draft Carlos. Some Solid picks for the future on my roster.

I hope your going to be as harsh on Trend when you do his write up:)

Oh don't worry, Trend's day is coming.