Author Topic: Naby Keita Watch  (Read 1880544 times)

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Re: Naby Keita Watch
« Reply #10120 on: April 25, 2021, 10:15:29 am »
I think Keita gets sold in the summer. The manager clearly doesn't trust him. Was given precious few minutes since returning from his injury. Flung in in the most important match of the season. Hasn't been seen since. I feel sorry for the player but if the manager doesn't want to play him there is little point in him being here. Get as much money for him and move on.

It's weird why if he doesn't trust him he threw him in for our biggest game of the season while dropping the player he fought so hard to sign last summer.

Wijnaldum can stink the place out and stay on for 90 minutes and never got dropped. Keita will always be hauled off. At Villa Park even it was Keita hauled off at half time (same midfield as Madrid).
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10121 on: April 25, 2021, 10:18:08 am »
Maybe it’s different for certain people? Different backgrounds? Different education and upbringing? It seems to be a very British thing to criticise people for struggling to learn English. Same with Bobby, you know nothing of their past so to start slating them for not learning English easily seems pretty OTT

A lot of British players who go abroad could barely string a sentence together in that language.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10122 on: April 25, 2021, 10:20:50 am »
A lot of British players who go abroad could barely string a sentence together in that language.
Joey Barton and Steve McClaren did just fine.

Offline groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10123 on: April 25, 2021, 10:33:39 am »
You can't really ignore the statistics that has him as one of the league leaders in so many important categories for his position. Pressing, pass progression, carry progression for a midfielder, final third creation. All the things you need for a player in that position. Then give him 41 minutes against one of the best teams in the world and decide he isn't good enough. Just bizarre.

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10124 on: April 25, 2021, 10:35:26 am »
You can't really ignore the statistics that has him as one of the league leaders in so many important categories for his position. Pressing, pass progression, carry progression for a midfielder, final third creation. All the things you need for a player in that position. Then give him 41 minutes against one of the best teams in the world and decide he isn't good enough. Just bizarre.

After being injured for several months.

Offline Stubbins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10125 on: April 25, 2021, 10:41:17 am »

Wasn't it Rushy who allegedly said of his time in Italy, that it was like living in a foreign country?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10126 on: April 25, 2021, 10:44:32 am »

If thats all was needed then we would be golden.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10127 on: April 25, 2021, 10:46:16 am »
Stats are useful, but players are judged by eye, and I feel too many Liverpool fans are blinded by the stats and have stopped actually WATCHING football.

Keita has flattered to deceive since day one, he's never single handedly taken a game by the scruff of the neck and bossed it, he's always been on the periphery.

76 games and 7 goals in 3 years, that simply isn't good enough. He's not deserving of a new contract so get some cash now from a Leipzig / Wolfsburg and invest it in a durable replacement.

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10128 on: April 25, 2021, 10:48:16 am »
After being injured for several months.

He's injured most of the time.

Online Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10129 on: April 25, 2021, 10:49:20 am »
I think he is done here Klopp just doesnt trust him anymore.

I think it is best for all if he gets a fresh start elsewhere like Ings did.

He is a good player but its not happening for him here for whatever reason.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #10130 on: April 25, 2021, 11:07:17 am »
Stats are useful, but players are judged by eye, and I feel too many Liverpool fans are blinded by the stats and have stopped actually WATCHING football.

Keita has flattered to deceive since day one, he's never single handedly taken a game by the scruff of the neck and bossed it, he's always been on the periphery.

76 games and 7 goals in 3 years, that simply isn't good enough. He's not deserving of a new contract so get some cash now from a Leipzig / Wolfsburg and invest it in a durable replacement.

The midfield's primary function isn't to score goals. How many goals does Gini have in 3 years? Or Henderson?

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #10131 on: April 25, 2021, 11:07:36 am »

He’s been ‘done dirty’ basically, no real idea why.
Not bringing him on vs Leeds and Newcastle when we clearly needs legs in midfield is obviously a terrible sign for him here but also self defeating from the manager.

Offline groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10132 on: April 25, 2021, 11:07:59 am »

But don't you agree that the attributes I listed for Keita above are the most important attributes for an 8? And if we accept that player and ball tracking is enough for us to accurately prove that Keita is one of the best in the world at those things then the question is: why aren't "eyes" picking those up?

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10133 on: April 25, 2021, 11:33:34 am »
Maybe it’s different for certain people? Different backgrounds? Different education and upbringing? It seems to be a very British thing to criticise people for struggling to learn English. Same with Bobby, you know nothing of their past so to start slating them for not learning English easily seems pretty OTT
Perfectly true. Learning a new complex skill is different depending on the individual, so to criticise somebody without knowing how much time and effort they put in is somewhat unfair.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10134 on: April 25, 2021, 11:38:19 am »

We are Liverpool for crying out loud. We'll struggle to meet our objectives if we retain players that are not good enough. Personally, I've been very underwhelmed by him, even last season.

Not surprised people are defending him because they also defended Adrián and Minamino. They are also currently defending Bobby

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10135 on: April 25, 2021, 03:53:41 pm »
I don’t understand Klopp’s management of his midfield options at all.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10136 on: April 25, 2021, 03:59:40 pm »
Not bringing him on vs Leeds and Newcastle when we clearly needs legs in midfield is obviously a terrible sign for him here but also self defeating from the manager.
On the face of it, yes. But essentially over 3 seasons, he's played fewer games each season, not more. It's not worked out. Something hasn't clicked into place between him and the manager; it happens.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10137 on: April 25, 2021, 04:37:07 pm »
Wasn't it Rushy who allegedly said of his time in Italy, that it was like living in a foreign country?

Wasn't that a joke Kenny made?

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10138 on: April 25, 2021, 06:56:25 pm »
Think he' is a goner ..

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10139 on: April 25, 2021, 07:07:06 pm »
Can’t see him going anywhere. He will continue to have a bit-part role like Oxlade-Chamberlain and Shaqiri have done. I can see the latter two being auctioned off this summer, and Naby next summer if he doesn’t pick up.

It’s a shame, so far. Our three signings that were supposed to give us some creativity in midfield haven’t worked out. Oxlade-Chamberlain started off well, but injuries ruined him. Shaqiri has always seemed best suited as an impact sub, and Keita has had niggling injuries, and when he has featured it seems like he’s struggled to express himself properly in this system.

Some goals and assists from midfield would be great. Only Henderson seems capable of doing that.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #10140 on: April 25, 2021, 07:12:11 pm »
Someone please correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t he a bit of a nasty bastard in Germany, picking up a few red cards? He’s just never really come out of shell since joining, meaning we’ve yet to see the real Naby. It’s so frustrating because he’s an incredible midfielder.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline rubber soul

• Kopite
« Reply #10141 on: April 25, 2021, 07:25:14 pm »
We are Liverpool for crying out loud. We'll struggle to meet our objectives if we retain players that are not good enough. Personally, I've been very underwhelmed by him, even last season.

Not surprised people are defending him because they also defended Adrián and Minamino. They are also currently defending Bobby
You probably shouldn't be surprised that people on a Liverpool forum are defending Liverpool players, you know?

How many have you got on your hit list? You've just named four for starters, I guess there's plenty more.

Offline smig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10142 on: April 25, 2021, 08:44:34 pm »
He's had three years to show he's good enough. He isn't and his fitness record is laughable. Klopp has given him more than enough chances.
"Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt."

Offline Kopstar

• Anny Roader
  • I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
« Reply #10143 on: April 25, 2021, 09:15:00 pm »
Some right nasty and entitled people in these player threads. It was a squad that brought us success these last few seasons. Each and every player contributed and he likes of Keita and Gini don't deserve the abuse.
"In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women."

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #10144 on: April 25, 2021, 09:25:20 pm »

But if he is getting rid then he probably doesn't want to risk him getting injured again and why not give time to Curtis as a young player who needs game time.

I think Naby is going.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10145 on: April 25, 2021, 09:34:01 pm »
Some right nasty and entitled people in these player threads. It was a squad that brought us success these last few seasons. Each and every player contributed and he likes of Keita and Gini don't deserve the abuse.
Sharing opinions that someone's not good enough is hardly 'abuse'.

To stay at the top you need to constantly replace your under performing players with better ones, something we haven't done for a while. The result is we're currently stuck with a pile of players either not good enough or not compatible with what we're trying to do. We need to cut our losses with them as soon as we can and start constructing the new team that Jurgen will hand over to someone else when his contract ends.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10146 on: April 25, 2021, 09:35:23 pm »
I think Naby is going.
Naby plus a bit of cash for Konate wouldn't be the worst idea.

Offline smig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10147 on: April 25, 2021, 09:53:44 pm »
Naby plus a bit of cash for Konate wouldn't be the worst idea.
Genuinely think this would be worth exploring. We need to cut our losses.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #10148 on: April 25, 2021, 10:04:04 pm »
Genuinely think this would be worth exploring. We need to cut our losses.

Do we?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline smig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10149 on: April 25, 2021, 10:19:31 pm »
Do we?
Of course we do. He's had three years at the club and been massively disappointing. There's a reason he can't even get a look in now.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10150 on: April 25, 2021, 10:21:12 pm »
Do we?
Unless there's a dramatic upturn in his form and durability I can't see a reason why we'd give him a new contract, so admit that it hasn't worked out, wish him well and put the cash towards a midfielder Klopp trusts.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #10151 on: April 25, 2021, 10:34:17 pm »
He wouldn't bring in much money if sold, but his value will just keep on dropping if Klopp doesn't play him.
So yeah, cut the losses for the sake of everyone involved.

I guess it depends a bit what happens with the other midfielders. Only Fabinho and Henderson seem to have a certain future. If Klopp gets a decent bid for Ox I think he would sell in a heartbeat, for instance. We can't replace everyone.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10152 on: April 25, 2021, 10:41:09 pm »
We can't replace everyone.
If we sign durable replacements we won't need to.

Naby
Ox
Shaq
Grujic
Wilson

You'd hope that would fund a top level first teamer and potentially a promising understudy with the loose change.

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #10153 on: April 25, 2021, 10:43:09 pm »

I am not British.
What a snotty response.

Here's some OTT just for you...

I've lived in Turkey and in France. Arrived in France with a very basic level of French and within a year I was "au courant". Arrived in Turkey with no Turkish and was able to handle basics within three months. Not because I am a linguist but because I fucking tried.

Imagine being paid millions to play football in an English team, in England, and not getting to grips with the language of the team. Unfucking real.

Is it so much to expect a millionaire footballer to be able to communicate in English. We are not expecting them to be like Beckett and start creating wonderful literature in the language of their adopted country. We are talking about the basics of communication which is essential when living in any country.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 10:48:17 pm by mickeydocs »
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline PatriotScouser

• Legacy Fan
  • I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
« Reply #10154 on: April 25, 2021, 10:43:11 pm »
I've wished for so much more from him when we signed him. Loved him in Germany and thought we'd have on our hands a real game changer for us in midfield but not meant to be.

Personally I'd try and use him as a make weight in part exchange for either Sancho at Dortmund or Aouar at Lyon. Both clubs would love him and he'd excel in either league.

Offline MdArshad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #10155 on: April 25, 2021, 10:48:25 pm »
Amazing how he is written off after 1 poor half. The likes of Firmino and Gini can have 10 poor games in a row and especially in the case of Gini, will still be first choice.

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #10156 on: April 25, 2021, 10:50:21 pm »
No way should we be keeping hold of Naby. Midfield needs to be rebuilt. No place for the constantly injured such as AOC and Naby. Great potential that will remain just that.
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10157 on: April 25, 2021, 10:50:52 pm »
Amazing how he is written off after 1 3 poor half seasons.
Fixed it for you.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #10158 on: April 25, 2021, 10:53:12 pm »
Amazing how he is written off after 1 poor half. The likes of Firmino and Gini can have 10 poor games in a row and especially in the case of Gini, will still be first choice.

Sady it's not one poor half, it's a tepid 3 seasons.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #10159 on: April 25, 2021, 10:54:11 pm »
Think he' is a goner ..

Can't see Arsenal buying him.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.