Author Topic: Television buying  (Read 368891 times)

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
Re: Television buying
« Reply #5640 on: November 20, 2023, 11:55:09 am »
Thanks everyone - feels like a lot of research to do!

The Xbox hasn't been switched on for a year I would say but magically every Christmas that comes around the idea of 'a new xbox' is floated as a present idea! Doesn't use the thing so I am hoping that goes away. But that's all good info above - appreciate it.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #5641 on: November 21, 2023, 03:12:33 pm »
A week or 2 in now, the A95L is magic in a box.

Unbelievable tv.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #5642 on: November 21, 2023, 09:51:38 pm »
Thanks everyone - feels like a lot of research to do!

The Xbox hasn't been switched on for a year I would say but magically every Christmas that comes around the idea of 'a new xbox' is floated as a present idea! Doesn't use the thing so I am hoping that goes away. But that's all good info above - appreciate it.
That's quite a lot of money to spend on a console txt won't be used to justify an expensive telly. Do it.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #5643 on: November 22, 2023, 03:25:30 pm »
That's quite a lot of money to spend on a console txt won't be used to justify an expensive telly. Do it.

What does that mean in English haha?

Sounds like you're saying buy a tv and prirotise the watching tv bit without worrying about getting one for gaming?

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5644 on: November 25, 2023, 03:20:18 pm »
I’ve connected up a Blu-ray player to the telly and the colours look all fucked up, almost like its inverted or a blue cast on it, is that likely to be the hdmi cable is fucked?

All I want to do is watch the thick of it and it’s been a right pain, bought the dvds, then had to order a replacement remote and now this bollocks 🤣

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #5645 on: November 25, 2023, 03:27:00 pm »
I’ve connected up a Blu-ray player to the telly and the colours look all fucked up, almost like its inverted or a blue cast on it, is that likely to be the hdmi cable is fucked?

All I want to do is watch the thick of it and it’s been a right pain, bought the dvds, then had to order a replacement remote and now this bollocks 🤣

Hopefully it's just the cable and not the HDMI ports on either the player or the TV. Those are basically unfixable
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #5646 on: November 25, 2023, 05:42:15 pm »

Have you got a different HDMI lead so you can check that? HDMI leads can be flakey and aren’t always that hardy
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5647 on: November 25, 2023, 06:08:32 pm »
Another random thought is the TV has got HDR enabled for that input and the content is SDR. That can really mess with the colours.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5648 on: November 26, 2023, 08:53:43 am »
I should have another cable somewhere, does the cable being a newer spec make a difference? The telly is 4K and bought all new hdmis for it, could also be hdr. I’m gonna end up buying a new player aren’t I 😂

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5649 on: November 26, 2023, 04:47:49 pm »
I should have another cable somewhere, does the cable being a newer spec make a difference? The telly is 4K and bought all new hdmis for it, could also be hdr. I’m gonna end up buying a new player aren’t I 😂
Shouldn’t make a difference they are backwards compatible. HDMI leads are easily damaged though so I’d still be hopeful it’s that.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5650 on: December 2, 2023, 12:02:10 pm »
Tried a different cable, was the same so I've moved it upstairs today and tried a different output to rule out the port/settings on the main tv, and it's the same messed up colours.

It's switching black for magenta and I can't work out what the other switch is, but things I'd maybe expect to be white are sorta blue. Went through all the settings on it and couldn't find anything that made a difference. Think it's just fucked.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5651 on: February 4, 2024, 03:55:12 pm »
Just got myself the C3, long overdue but what an impressive piece of kit it is. Will enjoy going back through my catalogue of games.

Online owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5652 on: February 12, 2024, 05:08:32 pm »
My daughter needs a new 40" for her room, doesn't need all the bells and whistles but needs to have disney+, netflix etc. Will any smart TV be able to have these installed?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5653 on: February 12, 2024, 05:17:15 pm »
My daughter needs a new 40" for her room, doesn't need all the bells and whistles but needs to have disney+, netflix etc. Will any smart TV be able to have these installed?

Yeah, even the cheap ones.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online owens_2k

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5654 on: February 12, 2024, 05:23:26 pm »
Yeah, even the cheap ones.
Nice one. Hisense it is then!  ;D

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5655 on: February 12, 2024, 05:36:55 pm »
Nice one. Hisense it is then!  ;D

Have a look at the tcl, their cheaper ones have better remotes.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TCL-40S5209K-Television-Compatible-Chromecast/dp/B0BHDLW9FC
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5656 on: February 13, 2024, 02:45:48 pm »
Have a look at the tcl, their cheaper ones have better remotes.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TCL-40S5209K-Television-Compatible-Chromecast/dp/B0BHDLW9FC

It's my only annoyance with Hisense TVs, their remotes are poor. Got 3 around the house and every single one could be better

Offline F-T-9

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5657 on: February 17, 2024, 08:29:26 pm »
Need a bit of advice. I've got an LG C2 but was thinking about getting a soundbar too for a bit of a cinematic experience. Does a soundbar significantly improve the audio over the inbuilt speakers on the C2? Don't wanna splash out if there's not a big improvement.

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5658 on: February 17, 2024, 08:35:21 pm »
I have the Sonos Arc with my LG C Series. Night and day.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5659 on: February 17, 2024, 09:04:43 pm »
Even a half decent soundbar should make a difference over the audio you get out of a tv, regardless of how good the tv is.

They’re so thin these days it’s difficult so get decent speakers in them even the Sony ones that use the screen will be bested by a decent soundbar

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5660 on: February 18, 2024, 09:05:19 am »
Need a bit of advice. I've got an LG C2 but was thinking about getting a soundbar too for a bit of a cinematic experience. Does a soundbar significantly improve the audio over the inbuilt speakers on the C2? Don't wanna splash out if there's not a big improvement.
I've got a cheap(ish) one from Denon and it's a massive improvement, especially the bass.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5661 on: February 20, 2024, 02:25:59 am »
After some recommendations for upgrading from a Hisense 65 inch (an old model)  to a 77 inch.

Ideally I'd like a Samsung with a one connect box but deffo cant stretch to 3k and odd for the latest one. But deffo want something that will go flat on the wall with a minimal edge. Im not adverse to chasing the wall to run the minimal cable(s). I dont like the Frame.

The telly will be used for normal viewing, mainly through a firestick but also some VM tv. Can go around the 2k price range.

Any recommendations appreciated

All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Online owens_2k

• Legacy Fan

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5663 on: March 5, 2024, 05:17:11 pm »
They’ll both be LED backlit.

I’d opt for the Hisense out of the two based solely on the fact we’ve had one as a bedroom TV and it was fine.