Author Topic: CL 1st leg: L’pool 0 v Bayern 0  (Read 42596 times)

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: CL 1st leg: L’pool 0 v Bayern 0
« Reply #640 on: February 20, 2019, 04:49:41 pm »
I think you could well be right. As a team, we are still learning. Last nights experience will be noted and learned from.

The game reminded me of the Madrid game up to the point Ramos did his thing with Mo. It was cagey, against a wiley opponenet that's been there and done that. We knew they could hurt us, they knew we could hurt them. Everything had to go perfect for them and they needed the rub of the green to go in at half time level. The second leg will be fascinating for much the same reasons. I'd still have us as slight favorites, assuming we've lost a little of the ring rust we showed last night.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #641 on: February 20, 2019, 05:07:55 pm »
One thing which annoys me more than it should is this stat that’s being trotted out that we’ve lost our last 5 away in Europe.

Firstly, we’ve been pretty shite away in Europe this season, that’s definitely fair, but even so we’ve only lost by one goal away at Napoli and PSG and one of them was in the last minute. The less said about that performance at Red Star the better. But we’ve been shit away in Europe this season, and anyone that cares enough to read my posts at the time will know what my feelings were at the time. ;D so that’s 3 games.

The next one of these 5 away defeats is the fucking European Cup Final. Yes I know technically it’s an away as it isn’t at Anfield, but it isn’t playing a team on their own park, in front of their own fans is it? It’s a neutral venue so is no comparison to a Euro away game.

Then you have Roma, which was a result every single person connected with the club would have taken before kick off. Without sounding like an Everton fan, that game really was winning without winning. I was ducking delighted when the final whistle went and we’d lost 4-2, we won the tie, and got the job done away, the reason a defeat was sufficient was because we absolutely twatted them at Anfield.

Obviously we need to perform better than we have away from home in Europe this season, but this stat being trotted out as if it’s some sort of forboeding warning is annoying me, especially as the last one we won away in Europe was against fucking City, and before that a 5-0 at Porto.

Rant over.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #642 on: February 20, 2019, 05:11:19 pm »
One thing which annoys me more than it should is this stat that’s being trotted out that we’ve lost our last 5 away in Europe.

Firstly, we’ve been pretty shite away in Europe this season, that’s definitely fair, but even so we’ve only lost by one goal away at Napoli and PSG and one of them was in the last minute. The less said about that performance at Red Star the better. But we’ve been shit away in Europe this season, and anyone that cares enough to read my posts at the time will know what my feelings were at the time. ;D so that’s 3 games.

The next one of these 5 away defeats is the fucking European Cup Final. Yes I know technically it’s an away as it isn’t at Anfield, but it isn’t playing a team on their own park, in front of their own fans is it? It’s a neutral venue so is no comparison to a Euro away game.

Then you have Roma, which was a result every single person connected with the club would have taken before kick off. Without sounding like an Everton fan, that game really was winning without winning. I was ducking delighted when the final whistle went and we’d lost 4-2, we won the tie, and got the job done away, the reason a defeat was sufficient was because we absolutely twatted them at Anfield.

Obviously we need to perform better than we have away from home in Europe this season, but this stat being trotted out as if it’s some sort of forboeding warning is annoying me, especially as the last one we won away in Europe was against fucking City, and before that a 5-0 at Porto.

Rant over.

I agree. Well said.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #643 on: February 20, 2019, 05:17:44 pm »
One thing which annoys me more than it should is this stat that’s being trotted out that we’ve lost our last 5 away in Europe...

It's just sensationalism without any context being taken into consideration. Media, pundits, opposition fans etc all love to build a crisis out of nothing much really.

We know the truth.

The rest can do one.  :wave
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #644 on: February 20, 2019, 05:32:25 pm »
We have more than 100's of thousands of shots stretching back to 1963 that show that the average rate of shots on target to goal is 3:1. I prefer that metric. It's more robust over time.

You are perfectly free to use the other model. It's a free world. If it makes you angry that I don't agree with it, I don't know what to say to you.

It took over 30 years for the NBA to figure out a shot worth 3 points is in most cases better than a shot worth 2 points.  A 0-0 being a fair result doesn't properly describe the match except by that particular narrow metric.

You're right though.  It's a free country, for now, so do as you please.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #645 on: February 20, 2019, 05:46:33 pm »
Well the fact that Bayern Munich came to Anfield and parked the bus, shows you how far weve come. Mistake imo they should have gone all out for an away goal, although if they do maybe we batter them so who knows. But kimmich and alaba are your backs and he keeps them on the defensive side of half...thats a statement in itself. The statement being, our front 3 terrifies them.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #646 on: February 20, 2019, 06:00:52 pm »
Trents gonna be invaluable when we’re holding on to a lead one day. Must have wasted about ten minutes last night on thrown ins
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #647 on: February 20, 2019, 06:07:59 pm »
There was one example where James walked almost the full length of the pitch to take a free kick. It’s rare that I’ll take this kind of a view point, but I’d actually argue that this kind of stuff affects the ‘product’ of the game as it’s getting to NFL levels of the ball being out of play half the fucking time. Against West Ham they were taking ages to take every single free kick and it drives you mental.

Say nothing of the Bayern player who took about four minutes to tie his boot up with the ref waiting for him, it was crazy that only four extra minutes were added to the match overall.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #648 on: February 20, 2019, 06:25:35 pm »
Tie well and turkey in Bayern’s favour now of course.

2:1 chance of them progressing .  They’ve only ever lost a two legged tie after fpdrwoajg the away leg.

That was against us mind.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #649 on: February 20, 2019, 06:26:09 pm »
Liverpool FC has released the following ticket details for the live Anfield screening of the Champions League last-16 second leg against Bayern Munich.

Turnstiles will open at 6.30pm for the 8pm kick-off on Wednesday March 13.

Ticket prices

Tickets will be available on the Kop for this all-ticket event with tickets priced as follows.

Adults - £10
Juniors (16 and under) - £5 (within the advertised family sections*)

The ratio for adult/junior tickets is 2:1.

*Family sections will be advertised here.

Ticket sales

Disabled supporters - click here for details.

All other supporters - the below sales will take place online only.

Supporters who were eligible to purchase a ticket for the Bayern Munich away game but were unsuccessful: from 11am on Thursday February 21 until 9.30am on Friday February 22.

Supporters are guaranteed a ticket during the above sale and can purchase one ticket per person, up to a maximum of four tickets per transaction.

General sale: from 10am on Friday February 22 until 5pm on Tuesday March 12 (subject to availability).

Tickets will be available on a first come, first served basis during the above sale, and supporters can purchase four tickets per person up to a maximum of four tickets per transaction.

Bar-coded paper tickets will be provided for all supporters attending and must be used to gain access into the stadium. Liverpool FC season ticket and Member access cards will not be activated.

Once ticket sales end at 5pm on Tuesday March 12, the club will not be able to accommodate any further sales.

Any tickets held for collection must be collected by 7.30pm on Wednesday March 13.

Only supporters in possession of a ticket should travel to Anfield.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #650 on: February 20, 2019, 06:36:30 pm »

2:1 chance of them progressing .  They’ve only ever lost a two legged tie after fpdrwoajg the away leg.

I think you've been eating too many tongue sandwiches there, Tepid ;D
Better looking than Samie.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #651 on: February 20, 2019, 06:44:51 pm »
I think you've been eating too many tongue sandwiches there, Tepid ;D
Well that went badly!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #652 on: February 20, 2019, 06:49:39 pm »

Bookies have both sides 17/20 to qualify.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #653 on: February 20, 2019, 06:53:58 pm »
Bookies have both sides 17/20 to qualify.
Bookies are be generous  to us (statistically speaking anyway)
W

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #654 on: February 20, 2019, 07:03:01 pm »

Welsh? Or just a glorious typo?

Damn it, PoPs...

Speedos make you quicker, but not necessarily wittier... :wave
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #655 on: February 20, 2019, 07:14:08 pm »
Yes we had good chances, but sometimes things just don't come off.

Last night Barca also drew 0-0, having failed to convert 25 shots against the team lying third in the French league.

It happens sometimes.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #656 on: February 20, 2019, 07:15:06 pm »

Feel the same. Bayern have the advantage now.

Mane and Salah were truly wasteful last night.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #657 on: February 20, 2019, 07:20:44 pm »
Don't think they have the advantage at all. They can only afford to win.

Offline RayPhilAlan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #658 on: February 20, 2019, 07:39:07 pm »
Trents gonna be invaluable when we’re holding on to a lead one day. Must have wasted about ten minutes last night on thrown ins

Yeah, he could definitely do with another session from that throw-in coach.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #659 on: February 20, 2019, 07:39:25 pm »
Interesting to here Kovac say that they were faking cramp to waste time.
W

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #660 on: February 20, 2019, 07:41:36 pm »
We're still even odds with the bookies and most statistical models.  Maybe some here think Bayern are going to play completely differently since they're at home?  I guess it's possible.  But even odds is a coin flip anyway so we're not talking about a huge difference either way.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #661 on: February 20, 2019, 07:45:02 pm »
Feel the same. Bayern have the advantage now.

Mane and Salah were truly wasteful last night.

Why they didn't even manage an away goal, we will also have Van Dijk back and there is no way our front three will perform like that again.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #662 on: February 20, 2019, 07:46:51 pm »
Why they didn't even manage an away goal, we will also have Van Dijk back and there is no way our front three will perform like that again.

and a score draw suits us.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #663 on: February 20, 2019, 07:50:04 pm »
and a score draw suits us.

Or just one goal from us will transform the game.

Offline CS111

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #664 on: February 20, 2019, 07:50:33 pm »
Still can’t believe we didn’t catch them out at the back at least once with the passing game they were playing betweeen keeper and back 4. They were pretty good at it mind you but don’t think they had the pace to trouble us if we had of pressed them more and they got through the initial press.

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #665 on: February 20, 2019, 07:59:21 pm »

It’s not ‘well and truely’ in their favour.

You can make case for either side having the advantage, with Bayern the fact they’re at home and with us the fact they don’t have the away goal and a score draw takes us through.

It’s hard to make a case for either side well and truely having the advantage though.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #666 on: February 20, 2019, 08:45:18 pm »
Bookies are be generous  to us (statistically speaking anyway)
More generous  Lyon at 4/1 while Barca 1/8

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #667 on: February 20, 2019, 08:49:46 pm »
Imagine if we were playing Schalke and losing 2-1, a side that's 14th in the league, heads would roll regardless of the end outcome of the match.

And we got moaning gits in here about last night playing Bayern a side with top European pedigree who have players who have been successful in the same competition in the last several years.

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #668 on: February 20, 2019, 08:49:48 pm »
Difficult to expect us to march all over European giants like Bayern, we most certainly have a good chance to advance. Van Dijk will back and they have Kimmich out, we will definitely score some goals.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #669 on: February 20, 2019, 10:02:05 pm »
Fancy us to score 2, they won't score 3.

Offline red vinyl

• Kopite
« Reply #670 on: February 20, 2019, 10:25:44 pm »
It’s basically next goal the winner,we get one and they need two. If they get the first it will be a hard ask but not out of our capabilities in any shape or form.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #671 on: February 20, 2019, 10:27:43 pm »
It’s basically next goal the winner,we get one and they need two. If they get the first it will be a hard ask but not out of our capabilities in any shape or form.

If it's next goal the winner will we play goalie in or out as well? ;)

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #672 on: February 20, 2019, 11:56:33 pm »
It's very close, but if we'd drawn 0-0 at Bayern, there would be  a lot of nervous people here who would be scared of Bayern scoring at Anfield. We've got a better strike force than them, so I honestly believe that we're in a very good position here. It was also a good, professional performance as well especialy from unsung heroes Matip and Fabinho.

Bring it on!

Online Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #673 on: February 21, 2019, 12:17:10 am »
Say nothing of the Bayern player who took about four minutes to tie his boot up with the ref waiting for him, it was crazy that only four extra minutes were added to the match overall.

I don't get it. Watch a game of Rugby League, they just stop the clock. There is no injury time but if the game stops, the clock stops, you can't stop players from dicking about with the ball but every time there is a delay the independent time keeper presses hold the clock. I think the only reason they don't do it in football is TV and the schedules but if they take away the incentive then players will stop. Every time a team does it they benefit, it drives me almost as mad as the constant gamesmanship (cheating) but no-one in the football establishment seems arsed (then again they just want to get to the drinks cabinet after the game)
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Online Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #674 on: February 21, 2019, 12:18:28 am »
It's simple, they have to beat us. We don't have to beat them.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #675 on: February 21, 2019, 01:21:26 am »
I don't get it. Watch a game of Rugby League, they just stop the clock. There is no injury time but if the game stops, the clock stops, you can't stop players from dicking about with the ball but every time there is a delay the independent time keeper presses hold the clock. I think the only reason they don't do it in football is TV and the schedules but if they take away the incentive then players will stop. Every time a team does it they benefit, it drives me almost as mad as the constant gamesmanship (cheating) but no-one in the football establishment seems arsed (then again they just want to get to the drinks cabinet after the game)

Nothing to do with tv, and everything to do with the spirit of the game as it was intended right from the outset.

Having said that, US schools football has a stopped clock, and games can go on for nearly 2 hours in some cases, depending on the stoppages. It's a dreadful system. You can't plan for anything.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #676 on: February 21, 2019, 01:40:13 am »
who is deciding on how much stoppage time gets added now? Is it the ref or the 4th official?

I don't want to see a stopped clock in football, but in a game like this one vs Bayern, I don't see why there can't be at least 8 minutes stoppage time added, it would have been justified for all their nonsense. It's like it's just not allowed, unless a bad injury happened. But it shouldn't be like that surely. It just encourages more time wasting and gamesmanship, knowing they get away with it.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #677 on: February 21, 2019, 01:54:57 am »
who is deciding on how much stoppage time gets added now? Is it the ref or the 4th official?

I don't want to see a stopped clock in football, but in a game like this one vs Bayern, I don't see why there can't be at least 8 minutes stoppage time added, it would have been justified for all their nonsense. It's like it's just not allowed, unless a bad injury happened. But it shouldn't be like that surely. It just encourages more time wasting and gamesmanship, knowing they get away with it.

The ref can always give yellow cards for excessive timewasting. It just needs stronger refs.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #678 on: February 21, 2019, 06:12:13 am »
To me it seemed like some of their players needed to play their top level to keep us at bay and to keep with us physically. It just goes to show how good we are particularly when you run through the amount of big name players they were able to field.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #679 on: February 21, 2019, 06:17:22 am »
I've seen Rob Guttmann on twitter saying on twitter that after watching the game the other night, we don't really have anything to fear going into the 2nd leg. Now I personally find that a very naive point of view. If he really thinks Bayern will be that reserved and be as blunt as they were in attack as they were the other night, he is going to be in for a massive shock. Bayern will be a completely different animal next time out.