Author Topic: The Impact of COVID 19 on Sport...  (Read 850410 times)

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
Re: The Impact of COVID 19 on Sport...
« Reply #13520 on: July 7, 2020, 02:41:16 am »
FC Dallas withdraws from MLS restart competition after ten players and one coach test positive for COVID

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #13521 on: July 12, 2020, 11:19:29 pm »
I did actually, it isnt really saying anything that revolutionary, but some good parts to it too. We know this isn’t football,  we know it’s a pale immitation, and we know one of the main reasons why this is what we have to put up with for now.

Some good parts to so I hope he is about a shift in attitude - I hope it’s true, if anything good comes out of this is that fans fight back, that’s what I can’t stand about fans here is how damn passive they are, how they sit on their hands and whinge to each other in the pub or online, but do fuck all about it where it counts. (LFC fans not included, as they are far more European for want of a better word in attutude).

I don’t agree with 'Without fans, lower-quality sides accept their fate against the big boys far more readily than they did when they had their supporters there roaring them on, refusing to allow them to become dispirited, refusing to allow them to give up.’

Nothing has changed with how it’s come to playing vs Manchester city, much the same teams are laying down to them fans or no fans.

My comments about the Daily Mail was because it’s a right wing rag, and I mistakenly thought links to it where not welcome here, my mistake, so I apologise for saying to not post stuff from the Daily Mail here.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13522 on: July 12, 2020, 11:22:10 pm »
It depends on the writer mate. E.g Dom King who works for the Daily Mail is one of the more trustworthy LFC reporters.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13523 on: July 12, 2020, 11:28:34 pm »
It depends on the writer mate. E.g Dom King who works for the Daily Mail is one of the more trustworthy LFC reporters.

Got it! Ta Samie.

Although I have a simple rule, I don’t trust any of them  ;)

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #13524 on: July 13, 2020, 12:06:18 am »
Miguel Delaney saying the football authorities are aiming for up to 40% capacity at PL grounds beginning in mid-September

This would also include:

- Mandatory face masks
- The implementation of an electronic ticketing system to aid track and trace
- The current plan calls for at least one seat between each fan, however there are logistical issues to resolve there given the age, size and seating arrangements at some grounds
 https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/premier-league-crowds-capacity-coronavirus-pandemic-latest-a9614751.html

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #13525 on: July 13, 2020, 12:54:47 am »
This is a reasonable football article, not a rightwing fantasists load of shite, stop cry-arseing. Did those that reported it even read it?
Yes I read it. It's rubbish. One massive strawman of an article jam-packed with lots of baby straw..er...babies. And rubbish from the first sentence. No one is ''pretending that real football is back'', whatever that is even supposed to mean. Everyone knows that we are in an exceptional situation and everyone is trying to make the best of it, while hoping that things return to normal as soon as possible, and maybe even ''better than normal'' if we learn lessons and make improvements. Most people are trying to avoid moaning too much about the oddities and strictures and negatives and lacks that we currently have to suffer. Sadly not this guy.

The story about the fans on the pallets is cute, but I doubt anyone who vaguely knows anything about spectator sport lacks understanding about what an absence of fans means. You don't have to be steeped in English football to understand or see the significance, as he implies.

He says
''They have been saying football is back but it isn’t really''
as if to say we are being lied to. We're not. Not many people are particularly saying the football is back, and even those who are saying something like it are just trying to be positive and upbeat while we go through the necessary steps of concluding an interrupted season and the taking stock to see how much normality we can bring back.

He says
''What’s the point of staging a drama if it plays to empty theatres? I’m sorry, but I have been to a few matches behind closed doors and it has been interesting to watch the games and see moments of skill and expression but let’s stop pretending football is back. What we have is a pale imitation of football.''

The point of doing this is purely to conclude the season, and to do that in a footballing way rather than PPG or null/voiding etc. That it is a pale imitation is obvious to everyone and no-one is trying to claim otherwise. We have to be patient and go through this bit so that we can be in a position to start a new season. We all know this. Why is he trying to turn it into some kind of yoke that has been foisted upon us with sinister intent?

He says:
''It almost feels as if a coup against football has taken place during lockdown.''

I mean what absolute unmitigated bollocks that is? How can you take this seriously?

Then he goes onto try and rabble-rouse by implying that the temporary or enforced changes/additions/strictures that currently apply will become permanent (despite little or no evidence) and that this is clandestinely being forced upon fans by sinister hand-rubbing ne'er-do-wells mu ha ha ha ha. His evidence? That the five subs rule is proposed to be continued into next season without consulting with fans.

I mean where do you start? Firstly do IFAB or FIFA ever consult with the everyday fans before making rule changes? I don't know but I don't think so. I imagine they have focus groups or panels but no-body has ever surveyed me or any fan I know about any football rule changes in all my matchgoing days or since. We've always just had to lump it so there'd be nothing new there.

And secondly he's implying that the current unusual circumstances will magically end before next season and so continuing a rule brought in for this restart period is sinister. Except that next season is set to begin in a matter of weeks, with a curtailed preparation time, esp for teams who are still in the CL, Europa etc. More importantly the long established rhythms and patterns of preparation and training and time off that have existed for years have all been disrupted by the lockdown and the enforced gap followed by the nine-game mini-season. Not just that players weren't playing, but that they were not able to live their lives in the normal way but were confined indoors etc. It's not outrageous to consider that potential impacts from this might last longer than this nine-game period and so it might be wise to continue any amelioratory steps for a little longer. And if, later, we decide it was not needed, well being a little over-cautious is not the sinister thing he is making it out to be.

And then he goes into that guff about the five subs only helping the big sides - which might be true but has not been proven yet. It would have to be tried and studied for a while to see how different sizes of club react and benefit/suffer by it. We may find that smaller clubs actually find a way to leverage it to their advantage, with young players, for example. It's a question worth exploring but not this way. It's just another rabble-rousing point in this piece.

And then he says: '
'The clubs should be paying them to come to matches rather than the other way round. Season tickets should be free. ''

I mean come on. We'd all love entrance to games to be free but this is an old discussion unrelated to anything specifically now and we all know the arguments for and against it. Like how do you decide who gets the free tickets? Do the same people go every game (like STH) or will there have to be a ballot each time? Issues like how pricing tickets acts as a form of gatekeeping to prevent clubs being overwhelmed as demand would massively outstrip supply if free tickets were introduced, even more than it is now for clubs like ours. Not an unimportant discussion point but not particularly any more relevant now than at any other time.

And then he says...oh fuck it, I don't have time to go into everything, but there's loads more bollocks where the above came from.

I dunno, Has football writing become so shite that people don't notice it anymore?

« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 12:56:47 am by Ghost Town »
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13526 on: July 13, 2020, 07:10:05 am »
^ yes I’d defo say that article is a load of reactionary shite

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13527 on: July 13, 2020, 08:39:39 am »
OK, by consensus it's been removed. Oliver Holt is a decent writer in most cases though.

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13528 on: July 13, 2020, 09:20:25 am »
Miguel Delaney saying the football authorities are aiming for up to 40% capacity at PL grounds beginning in mid-September

This would also include:

- Mandatory face masks
- The implementation of an electronic ticketing system to aid track and trace
- The current plan calls for at least one seat between each fan, however there are logistical issues to resolve there given the age, size and seating arrangements at some grounds
 https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/premier-league-crowds-capacity-coronavirus-pandemic-latest-a9614751.html

Think that’s more hope and wishful thinking at this stage to be honest. There are other things like concourses and toilets being socially distanced to consider also. Plus the whole cheering and shouting element.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #13529 on: July 15, 2020, 07:31:07 pm »
A good idea that I can see more leagues adopting next season

The FAI are set to use the online platform that provides GAAGO as the vehicle to stream League of Ireland matches for the remainder of the season.

LOIGO will be a new section on the online platform that hosts GAAGO, the service established as a joint venture between the RTE and the GAA that provides worldwide access to Gaelic football and hurling games.

Due to the impact of Covid-19, the league will resume on July 31 with crowd restrictions that have accelerated plans to trial streaming so fans are able to watch matches.

At this moment, the plan is that two packages will be offered for the remainder of the season and will cover league games and some FAI Cup matches, with a domestic LOIGO pass (costing €55) for those based on the island of Ireland and a pass for overseas customers (costing €69).

Irish buyers will not get access to the fixtures that will be broadcast live on Eir Sport, who are retaining exclusive domestic rights for their picks, but their games should be available to subscribers based overseas.

There are 68 Premier games remaining in the abridged campaign and it's understood that no more than half a dozen will be screened on Eir - although the Dublin derby meeting of Shamrock Rovers and Bohemians is a high profile example.

Production for the service will be based on RTE's existing service at all Premier Division grounds, but the exact details have yet to be confirmed.

RTE will also be showing a number of live games, including the meeting of Dundalk and St Patrick's Athletic on the opening weekend.

The new fixture list has no clashes for the opening six weeks with games spaced out for streaming purposes and the plan is to continue along those lines - with two matches on Friday, two on Saturday and one on Sunday or Monday - once there are no complaints.
https://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/league-of-ireland/55-for-irish-subscribers-and-69-for-overseas-fai-set-to-reveal-loigo-streaming-pass-39368711.html

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13530 on: July 16, 2020, 05:16:03 pm »
England vs Wales friendly behind closed doors in October, which contradicts the newspapers saying upto 40% fans for start of the season in September

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #13531 on: July 16, 2020, 05:27:19 pm »
England vs Wales friendly behind closed doors in October, which contradicts the newspapers saying upto 40% fans for start of the season in September
Not necessarily. It's two different authorities. The league may feel it's super-important to get at least some fans in (and they are right) and the clubs in question will be prepared to do the work required to facilitate this. The FA or whoever overseas the international friendly may feel it's not as crucial for a friendly and not worth the extra effort that would be involved.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13532 on: July 18, 2020, 09:36:57 am »
As the Olympics are cancelled the BBC are showing extensive highlights of the last few Olympic Games including of course London 2012.

The country deep in austerity, Liverpool pretty shite. What a year it was.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 09:39:50 am by a treeless whopper »

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #13533 on: July 18, 2020, 10:02:04 am »

At least you wont be able to hear the booos when both national anthems are played.
#Sausages

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #13534 on: July 21, 2020, 02:48:23 pm »
Have the Football League/Premier League/FA made any sort of announcement on what’s going on next season yet? I mean it’s potentially a month away from starting up again, totally inept.

I totally understand the calls for the League Cup to be scrapped, but a thought just occurred to me, could they not have just adjusted the setup of it for a season and had it start during “pre-season”, 22 groups of four (not including the teams still involved in Europe), now adding games may seem bizarre but teams are going to struggle organising friendlies and this would give at least three to all teams and would be getting played as a fitness build up more than anything, but still having a competitive edge. Teams don’t exactly play full strength in it anyway, so assuming the five subs remain, the majority of a squad are still building match fitness up in each game.

I dunno, maybe I’m overthinking it but there needs to be some sort of adaptation for the season and they’re seemingly just sat on their arses not communicating anything.
AHA!

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #13535 on: July 21, 2020, 04:44:36 pm »
Have the Football League/Premier League/FA made any sort of announcement on what’s going on next season yet? I mean it’s potentially a month away from starting up again, totally inept.

I totally understand the calls for the League Cup to be scrapped, but a thought just occurred to me, could they not have just adjusted the setup of it for a season and had it start during “pre-season”, 22 groups of four (not including the teams still involved in Europe), now adding games may seem bizarre but teams are going to struggle organising friendlies and this would give at least three to all teams and would be getting played as a fitness build up more than anything, but still having a competitive edge. Teams don’t exactly play full strength in it anyway, so assuming the five subs remain, the majority of a squad are still building match fitness up in each game.

I dunno, maybe I’m overthinking it but there needs to be some sort of adaptation for the season and they’re seemingly just sat on their arses not communicating anything.

In fairness, they have quite a lot to organise and the restart was handled quite well I thought--given the huge constraints.
They will have make it easier on themselves by starting behind closed doors but even that has huge implications for all these complicated TV deals.

We're told Sky/BT/Amazon games will be televised as normal, pre-Covid, so what happens to all those matches not on the schedule -- no fans and no TV cameras either, at least for live coverage. Like farts in the desert, perfect for Everton v Bournemouth type fixtures, you could say.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #13536 on: July 23, 2020, 03:44:54 pm »
Charlie Adam@Charlie26Adam
Very frustrating ending to the season for me, tested positive for Covid-19 which kept me out for ten days and three games despite two negative test results 24 hours after the positive. Want to say a big thanks to all the @readingfc fans for all their support this season.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13537 on: July 24, 2020, 02:48:25 pm »
Confirmed: 2020/21 Premier League season will start on September 12 and conclude on May 23.

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #13538 on: July 24, 2020, 03:37:56 pm »
Our season will start with the Community Shield on August 30.

And then everyone will be off to an international break. :no

Don't know if Brazil have any games scheduled, but surely it would be madness for the players to travel to South America (or even Africa) at this time. Will they have to be quarantined when they return? This hasn't been the issue so far since the lockdown, but I wonder if the Premier League have protocols in place for international travel.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #13539 on: July 24, 2020, 03:40:01 pm »
Any news on when the CL final will be? Would the FA Cup be 29th May and then CL on 5th June?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Fazak_Red

• Seems to think everything is shite, not including his own one-liners though, of course not......
  • Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #13540 on: July 24, 2020, 03:43:44 pm »
Any news on when the CL final will be? Would the FA Cup be 29th May and then CL on 5th June?

CL final is on the 29th.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13541 on: July 24, 2020, 03:54:13 pm »
CL final is on the 29th.

Thanks, time to rebook Istanbul!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13542 on: July 24, 2020, 04:29:04 pm »

About half of the normal break then.

Had hoped it would be a touch less to be honest but I suppose we have European football to keep us occupied at least.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13543 on: July 24, 2020, 06:05:58 pm »
See they’re talking 25% capacity at most to start with when fans allowed back

Not expecting full capacity for a year!

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #13544 on: July 24, 2020, 06:52:36 pm »
About half of the normal break then.

Had hoped it would be a touch less to be honest but I suppose we have European football to keep us occupied at least.
Hope there is enough time for Henderson to recover from his injury.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13545 on: July 24, 2020, 08:17:19 pm »
5,000 fans allowed into the Stade de France tonight for the French cup final between Saint-Étienne and PSG

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13546 on: July 24, 2020, 08:18:22 pm »
5,000 fans allowed into the Stade de France tonight for the French cup final between Saint-Étienne and PSG

Thought Paris were having a spike currently!

Suspect they didn’t dare cancel

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #13547 on: July 24, 2020, 10:27:50 pm »
Thought Paris were having a spike currently!

Suspect they didn’t dare cancel

All spikings currently taking place on the pitch...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13548 on: July 24, 2020, 10:40:34 pm »
All spikings currently taking place on the pitch...

Yes read it was a bit tasty

Looks like mbappe could be out a while

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #13549 on: July 24, 2020, 11:03:31 pm »
Under 5,000 fans in an 80,000 seater. I thought they would be well spread out.

So the limit on fan numbers is due to the amount leaving the stadium and transport?
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Online Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #13550 on: July 24, 2020, 11:51:15 pm »
See they’re talking 25% capacity at most to start with when fans allowed back

Not expecting full capacity for a year!
A lot can change in a year. In fact a lot can change in a matter of weeks. Not at aimed at you at all, dudleyred, but I hope after so many people got things so wrong earlier in this thread, making constant declarations of what definitely would or would not happen, that maybe now folk may just realise that this affair is highly changeable and there's little point in predicting or putting too much faith in any predictions or purported timetables.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #13551 on: July 27, 2020, 03:45:16 am »
Eduardo Rodriguez, a pitcher with the Red Sox, has been diagnosed with myocarditis as a result of Covid-19

Red Sox lefthander Eduardo Rodriguez confirmed Sunday that he is battling myocarditis, which is an inflammation of the heart muscle most commonly caused by a viral infection.

Myocarditis can diminish the heart’s ability to pump blood. In Rodriguez’s case, the diagnosis was a result of his bout with COVID-19. Rodriguez has been shut down from doing all baseball activities and will be reassessed Friday.

“Emotionally, it’s really hard because when I got here I was supposed to start getting ready,” Rodriguez said prior to Sunday’s 7-4 loss to the Orioles. “And then we do the MRI and we get that [result] and I get the news that I have to rest for a week. It was hard for me. At least we know what’s going on.”
https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/07/26/sports/red-sox-pitcher-eduardo-rodriguez-has-myocarditis-says-he-wont-opt-out-season/

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13552 on: July 27, 2020, 10:18:25 am »
Fair fucks to the Premier League, FA and clubs for getting the season up and running and then seamlessly finished. For organisations that constantly make bizarre decisions, they handled this situation incredibly well. Made a complete fool of anyone pushing for null and void just a few weeks ago.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #13553 on: July 27, 2020, 11:13:27 am »
Fair fucks to the Premier League, FA and clubs for getting the season up and running and then seamlessly finished. For organisations that constantly make bizarre decisions, they handled this situation incredibly well. Made a complete fool of anyone pushing for null and void just a few weeks ago.

The biggest success of the PL's approach was that they managed to avoid a positive test once matches restarted. Aside from Andre Gray's house party they also largely avoided players flagrantly breaching the rules in the restart.

Compare that to the shitshow in MLB in which in addition to the training camp positive tests that the PL had, they also had

- The league chartering two planes with players from the Dominican Republic containing COVID positive players that MLB failed to test before take off resulting in passengers on both planes having to isolate

- Red Sox pitcher Eduardo Rodriguez ending up with heart condition due to COVID

- The Toronto Blue Jays scrambling for a neutral venue during the season after the Canadian government refused a travel exemption and Pittsburgh declined to allow them to use the Pirates facilities

- A key player for the defending World Series champions withdrawing due to a positive test on opening night

- An outbreak in one team (Marlins) on the opening weekend affecting 4-6 players causing the team to modify their travel players hours before their home opener. EDIT: Make that 14 players and staff as of this morning

Or the gaffes at the lauded NBA Bubble where you've had

- A player having to quarantine after going to pick-up a third-party food delivery order outside the hotel lobby

- A player who received an exemption to attend a funeral being photographed at a strip club after the player's friend uploaded a photo to Instagram. The NBA is investigating the incident

- Dwight Howard going on an anti-mask rants
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 02:29:50 pm by rafathegaffa83 »

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13554 on: July 27, 2020, 10:15:54 pm »
Looks like Adrian has gone to Sevilla for his holidays, will he have to quarantine for 2 weeks on his return?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #13555 on: July 27, 2020, 10:17:46 pm »
Looks like Adrian has gone to Sevilla for his holidays, will he have to quarantine for 2 weeks on his return?

Presumably he will, as they are saying everyone returning from Spain will need too. I think Kloppo likes his Spanish holidays as well!
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13556 on: July 27, 2020, 10:25:38 pm »

Yes presumably

Surprised but guess if he flew out before the rules officially changed which is possible what is he to do?!

Suspect he’ll be back a lot sooner than perhaps he planned. That said Think the government have a loophole for professional sport so perhaps he’ll get through that way?!

Offline davidlpool1982

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13557 on: July 27, 2020, 10:40:07 pm »
Maybe he's only going for a week and then can get tested when he's back after quarantining for a week. To be honest I'm absolutely more worried about the fucking international break and our Brazilian and African players leaving the PL bubbles and due to return 3 days before the start of the season. The African associations aren't exactly well known for tight organisation nor really having the money to do the needed testing system and Brazil...well....just need to look at Bolsano to know that's probably going to be a shit show.

(That or Adrian can get the same flight back as Grant Schapps. He says he's gonna quarantine, but I have my doubts.)

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13558 on: July 27, 2020, 10:43:59 pm »
Would be great if players from problem countries right now Covid-wise were exempt from that international break. Can't see Brazil allowing that though sadly.

I assume players in the CL and EL will get called up for that break too or will they get the time off?

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13559 on: July 27, 2020, 10:45:16 pm »
Would be great if players from problem countries right now Covid-wise were exempt from that international break.

Just can’t see how international football can happen in some of these highly effected countries and perhaps those where there isn’t the money to maintain proper protocols