Author Topic: Dirk Kuyt  (Read 90358 times)

Offline SkyCaptain

• Main Stander
  • FB & LFC Fan
Re: a Real Hero // Dirk Kuyt
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2013, 08:50:17 pm »
I'm sorry but to want a player to be 'nice' over quality is ridiculous, it's a bonus if he's a good person, nothing more.

I can respect your opinion but otherway there is a foreign player limit in Turkish leagues. So if you buy a foreign player under this limits he has to be more talented or more sportsman than the domestic ones. And than he could be the reference for other Turkish guys and contribute to our domestic league. 

Offline Cantona

• Traore 1 Cantona 0
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2013, 08:54:59 pm »
I can respect your opinion but otherway there is a foreign player limit in Turkish leagues. So if you buy a foreign player under this limits he has to be more talented or more sportsman than the domestic ones. And than he could be the reference for other Turkish guys and contribute to our domestic league.

Sorry I think we got lost in translation somewhere, my apologies, i'm not slating Kuyt, far from it.
When ze seagulls follow ze trawler....

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2013, 08:55:34 pm »
He'll be fucked when his looks leave him.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2013, 09:34:47 pm »
Love the guy, he would fight till the death in every game - you just can't coach that kind of heart and desire. A proper Warrior.

Offline Chavasse1917

• Legacy Fan
  • “Winning trophies has made me put on weight.”
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2013, 09:38:54 pm »
It goes to show how highly he is thought of by the majority of us.  There is no immediate significance for this thread, nothing has happened but in just over 40 minutes there have been 19 replies.

I for one loved the guy, sure his close control left a little to be desired but with him in the team there was always energy, effort and the chance of a winner or equaliser at any time.

Glad he is appreciated in Turkey, he was by me.
"Everything has an end...except a sausage, which has two".

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2013, 09:42:57 pm »
Stamina is rightly remembered as a big contribution of his. But I think the single think that was most underrated from him was his Intelligence. Many times he put amazing passes, amazing light goal shots (his goal against Man City comes to mind).

His technique itself was not very good, which signified some of his contributions ended being a bit over-hit, not linking up perfectly due to a heavy first touch, etc... but you could just see with the things he constantly tried that his gaming intelligence was extremely impressive.

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2013, 09:53:35 pm »
Wonder if he could get a place in the current team.

Offline Dubit10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2013, 09:53:38 pm »
Love the guy delighted he is doing well. Proper professional.
Robbie Fowler is God

Offline Macedonian Red Reborn

• Self-professed wool
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2013, 09:55:07 pm »
"If I wanted you to understand, I'd have explained it better" Johan Cruyff

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2013, 09:59:13 pm »
Wonder if he could get a place in the current team.

Possibly. But it would fly in the face of everything we're striving towards. I like Kuyt, but I don't regret his departure one bit. It sent out a nice message of what Rodgers' Liverpool are going to be all about.

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2013, 10:03:35 pm »
Possibly. But it would fly in the face of everything we're striving towards. I like Kuyt, but I don't regret his departure one bit. It sent out a nice message of what Rodgers' Liverpool are going to be all about.

Hope you're right.

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2013, 10:05:27 pm »
Hope you're right.

As a follow up to my well-constructed and eloquent argument, I will add that he does, in fairness, shit all over Borini and Aspas (Ł18m altogether - wow).

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2013, 10:21:24 pm »
Fener certainly mugged us. 1mil was a steal for them. Delighted he's continuing to do well for them. Honestly wish himself and Maxi were still here, they'd still offer a lot imo but that's football.

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's attached to your rod Motherlicker
« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2013, 10:31:15 pm »
Fener certainly mugged us. 1mil was a steal for them. Delighted he's continuing to do well for them. Honestly wish himself and Maxi were still here, they'd still offer a lot imo but that's football.
The annoying thing about the Maxi and Kuyt exclusions in Kenny's last year was we always looked a better team with them two and Bellamy on occasions in our team.

Have a lot of respect for Dirk and delighted to see him doing well. He drove me mad at times but still did some great things for us and always performed when we needed someone.

Offline lfcmason

• Kopite
  • Liverpool are champions of Europe again.
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2013, 10:35:13 pm »
His most important goal might just of been in the Carling Cup. He added that bit of composure, drive and quality that we badly needed. Nice one Dirk!

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2013, 10:37:49 pm »
Love Dirk, and was always annoyed he was so criticized on here.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2013, 10:39:26 pm »
Always have a soft spot for Dirk. Gave 100% for us everytime he stepped onto the pitch.

His first touch was lacking and he might not have been as flashy as some of our players, but he had the biggest heart of anyone on the team.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2013, 11:00:53 pm »
Him, Maxi, Meireles and Suarez were excellent together in Kenny's first year back. Not the best players but they had great chemistry. Not quite sure why only Suarez featured regularly after that season.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline hartless

• will run & run & run...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2013, 11:06:03 pm »
A damn sight better than Borini who's utter dog shit.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2013, 11:17:32 pm »
Glad to hear he is doing well - another ex-player who still brings a smile to faces for what he did here - good luck to him.
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: October 20, 2013, 11:30:11 pm »
He deserved to win a lot more than just the carling cup . Regardless, I wish every player for us had his mentality.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Nebnotsew

• Kopite
« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2013, 12:19:46 am »
Had some really huge moments for us Dirk. I loved his goal against Inter it was a typical scruffy Kuyt goal but it meant so much

3-2 against City aswell
Quote from: Rafael Benitez
I was born Spanish, I am no longer as thin (the anxiety doesn’t help), and yes, sometimes I help serving the dinner.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2013, 12:50:43 am »
I miss Dirk :(

Offline Paragon

• of Virtue. David N'Gog's biggest fan, why did we sell?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: October 21, 2013, 01:27:54 am »
I miss Dirk :(

I don't. Technically he wasn't good enough and he always gave the ball away far too much. He'd never have gotten anywhere near those great Liverpool sides of the 1980s where keeping the ball was everything.

I watched him play ninety minutes against Arsenal in the Champions League qualifier this season and it was one of the worst individual performances I've ever seen.

He was a real grafter and always gave 110% so I have respect for him and I certainly wish him well, but moving him on was the right decision.
Would be even more fun if you could stand up to a hook to the jaw for being a snidey bastard. But then that's reality! No one needs to 'swim or drown' in a coward's paradise.

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #64 on: October 21, 2013, 01:32:15 am »
I will just leave this here.

Offline DanJay87

• Legacy Fan
  • Gosh it's Tosh!
« Reply #65 on: October 21, 2013, 02:01:14 am »
Hero

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: October 21, 2013, 02:42:10 am »
Always have a soft spot for Dirk. Gave 100% for us everytime he stepped onto the pitch.

His first touch was lacking and he might not have been as flashy as some of our players, but he had the biggest heart of anyone on the team.

The odd thing was though, while he had the first touch of a brick wall, his overall close control wasn't actually that bad. If he managed to actually get the ball under control, it tended to stay under control.

He also seemed to have an uncanny ability to get on the end of balls around the 6 yard area. If you look at any videos of his goals, the numbers he got from close range is ridiculous - on the end of crosses, following up rebounds, getting a foot to a loose ball.

Offline lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2013, 03:13:26 am »
Mentally tough as nails, he never gave up fighting for the team even when things looked bleak. To me he's a true Rafa player.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #68 on: October 21, 2013, 03:19:51 am »
Absolutely fucking love him to bits :)

:D

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: October 21, 2013, 03:44:10 am »
Nice to hear him doing well, he was an important part of the team for us.

Callejon, who is quicker and better technically, provides similar balance (and goals!) to Rafa's Napoli.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Australian cricket correspondent & 2014 AFL tipping champion of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: October 21, 2013, 03:53:51 am »
Real human being.

Offline Ecuared

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: October 21, 2013, 04:49:22 am »
Loved Dirk, ultimate workhorse and team player. Glad to hear he's doing well in Turkey.
“He was a very good customer. He was just the three bottles of semi-skimmed. They didn’t have to be placed zonally on his step or anything. He was happy to have a chat and he would always look after you at Christmas.”

Offline Kovai Red

• Oh my captain!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Educated Farrago
« Reply #72 on: October 21, 2013, 06:05:10 am »
Glad that he is doing well in Turkey. Always liked him.
"Liverpool are the ones with the ball. I support them just for that"
"Ella pugazhum Iraivan Oruvanuke"

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #73 on: October 21, 2013, 08:11:43 am »
Dirk would infuriate you one minute and do something boss the next and vice versa! Yet he scored some memorable and important goals and a hat-trick against the Mancs, we'd love him for that alone  :)

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: October 21, 2013, 08:29:55 am »
A damn sight better than Borini who's utter dog shit.
That's an insult to dog shit.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #75 on: October 21, 2013, 10:07:33 am »
I don't. Technically he wasn't good enough and he always gave the ball away far too much. He'd never have gotten anywhere near those great Liverpool sides of the 1980s where keeping the ball was everything.

I watched him play ninety minutes against Arsenal in the Champions League qualifier this season and it was one of the worst individual performances I've ever seen.

He was a real grafter and always gave 110% so I have respect for him and I certainly wish him well, but moving him on was the right decision.

You're a bundle of laughs.

If you had a dog (or loved one for that matter) who passed away in their old age, can you not 'miss them' even though you know it's probably for the best? I wouldn't want Lassie returning from the grave to lay next to me on the sofa but I can still look back fondly on the time she was in her prime and 'miss' her.

Stupid comment. I didn't say I'd want him playing here now, I just said I miss him. Fantastic character, devoted player, charitable human being and a credit to this club. So I miss Dirk, in the same way that I miss Carra and Sami and Robbie. Doesn't mean I'd want any of them in the first team now.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 10:09:54 am by JerseyKopite »

Offline TheGOAT

• Gruff handbagger
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: October 21, 2013, 10:17:13 am »

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: October 21, 2013, 10:53:09 am »
Don't forget his united hattrick.

Dirk was a legend, and we struggled to replace his experience and work rate when he left. In fact we still may not have replaced what he brought to the team.

Offline Paragon

• of Virtue. David N'Gog's biggest fan, why did we sell?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: October 21, 2013, 11:54:21 am »
You're a bundle of laughs.

If you had a dog (or loved one for that matter) who passed away in their old age, can you not 'miss them' even though you know it's probably for the best? I wouldn't want Lassie returning from the grave to lay next to me on the sofa but I can still look back fondly on the time she was in her prime and 'miss' her.

Stupid comment. I didn't say I'd want him playing here now, I just said I miss him. Fantastic character, devoted player, charitable human being and a credit to this club. So I miss Dirk, in the same way that I miss Carra and Sami and Robbie. Doesn't mean I'd want any of them in the first team now.

Jesus calm down mate! I never said you did. I just said I didn't miss him and posted the reasons why, wasn't aimed at you!
Would be even more fun if you could stand up to a hook to the jaw for being a snidey bastard. But then that's reality! No one needs to 'swim or drown' in a coward's paradise.

Offline Big Joe

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA
Dirk Kuyt
« Reply #79 on: July 5, 2014, 11:50:37 pm »
Absolutely made up for Del Boy....

Balls of Steel
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 12:11:22 pm by The 5th Benitle »