Author Topic: Man City - cheating bastards rumbled  (Read 2787555 times)

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
horrific article by andy dunn in the mirror, obviously a abu dhabi fan.

I've just got back from a cafe and they had the Mirror there so I read their coverage. 

Was the article about the lawyers getting rich etc? I thought that was odd.  John Cross had a better article saying this was always going to happen.

I also had to laugh at the hype they were giving the Manc striker Ighalo, full big spread on him.  Madness.

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
Seems Manchester City took Brexit too literally...  :moon

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
Get caught cheating on Valentine's Day. Everton Man City that
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
Has anybody heard from Noel?  has he come out from under his rock yet?
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the Arabs decided to cut their losses with City and launder their blood money elsewhere

Seeing this lot descend back down the table and into a relegation dog fight with a Steve Bruce type manager would be karma at its absolute best

I hate United more, but if I was given the choice of watching one of them get relegated, I think I'd take more joy in seeing it happen to these c*nts
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
A contrarian perspective here: Anyone else thinking the timing of this announcement is evidence that clubs like Real Madrid have UEFA/FIFA wrapped around their fingers?
That’s not contrarian, that’s a conspiracy theory.
Just a quick point for those who think that FFP is 'Tory'. Whilst one of the side effects is that is makes it harder for smaller clubs to overspend in a bit to 'catch-up', it does not simply keep the status quo.

There are a whole bunch of exclusions where you can make losses - you can spend on things like infrastructure and deduct those losses from the figure that UEFA bases compliance on. Man City have spend tons on things like their (rented) stadium, training ground etc. I believe we avoided non-compliance because our losses were mostly infrastructure.

There is nothing to stop a rich owner buying a small club (Everton), buying a big fuck off stadium then using that new revenue to bankroll signings. Leicester's owners are wealthy and have done similar. Tottenham have muscled in by grow organically so it can be done.

Of course, doing it this way takes time to build, which is not what these crybabies want to do.
Good post.  I hate that ‘tory’ line of argument about non-Political things.  Like barriers to entry are a uniquely Tory thing anyway.  Any trades unionist should know the value of a closed shop.

The way I always saw ffp was it was about stopping other clubs Leeds’ing themselves by trying to keep up with the unkeepupwithable.  Sure it won’t do anything about Bayern or Man Utd being at the top of the financial tree, but you simply couldn’t ever get a consensus against the big boys spending their own money.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 12:16:49 pm by Iska »

Offline Alan574

• Main Stander
Most UK newspapers supported Nazi appeasement in the 1930s.
Their support of corrupt regimes is not without precedent.

Daily Mail thought Hitler was the best thing since sliced bread.

Offline #RedDawn2020

• Main Stander
Just a quick point for those who think that FFP is 'Tory'. Whilst one of the side effects is that is makes it harder for smaller clubs to overspend in a bit to 'catch-up', it does not simply keep the status quo.

There are a whole bunch of exclusions where you can make losses - you can spend on things like infrastructure and deduct those losses from the figure that UEFA bases compliance on. Man City have spend tons on things like their (rented) stadium, training ground etc. I believe we avoided non-compliance because our losses were mostly infrastructure.

There is nothing to stop a rich owner buying a small club (Everton), buying a big fuck off stadium then using that new revenue to bankroll signings. Leicester's owners are wealthy and have done similar. Tottenham have muscled in by grow organically so it can be done.

Of course, doing it this way takes time to build, which is not what these crybabies want to do.

That is a very good point. Counters their argument of an investor not being allowed to invest into their club which isn’t true. It’s just that buying (mostly shite) players for outrageous sums for years on years that’s catching up with them and the fake income required to do so.

Say what you will about Red Bull where the asset is also mostly a PR exercise, but they are building from the ground up and have a stringent strategy and recruitment policy. Inevitably, at least RB Leipzig will be big enough to stop having to sell their players each season.

Nobody would begrudge City their successes if they at least tried to keep up the appearance of doing it the hard way. You know, instead of signing Robinho on the last day of the transfer window.
“Intensity is our identity.”

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
There are many things that I would like to say to you, but I don't know how    :(

Offline Floydy

• Legacy Fan
They haven't conquered Europe
Theyre never gonna start
From Dhabi up to Didsbury
Watch them fall apart
Shaun Goater & Uwe Rosler
Georgei Kinkladze
They're a bunch of cheaters
that come from Abu Dhabi
Allez Allez Allez

P.s I really hate all these mock allez allez chants, but after watching their players celebrate with their anti scouse version I simply couldn't resist this.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry

No doubt he'll have a pop at UEFA, the shameless Brexit-wanting little has-been

When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
City have commercial revenues of supposedly £225m- will these sham deals be revalued now to a market value under FFP?

I've not yet seen an answer anywhere on this

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Because FFP wasn’t a thing then so they were slightly limited in how they could be punished.
and that was about paying off a large debt from memory

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
Can anyone confirm if the cheating they are currently being banned for is only up to 2016? Think I read that somewhere earlier.
If so, surely their cheating since then has gone into new realms of creative accounting.

Offline Floydy

• Legacy Fan
There are many things that I would like to say to you, but I don't know how    :(
You can SPEND all your lifetime
to spread ya wings in the sunshine

Prob wrong lyrics as I don't even like/listen to Noasis
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 12:20:43 pm by Floydy »

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
They're even covering up the true identity of their players now. This has gone too far.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Our mate Gaz.  ;D

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
City have commercial revenues of supposedly £225m- will these sham deals be revalued now to a market value under FFP?

If they aren't, then UEFA will ban them again once this ban is over. Unless they think of a more clever way to hide where the funds actually come from, that is.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
There's loads of City teenagers on twitter.  As soon as you say anything negative about their shitty club they descend on you like locusts. They managed to get 'Heysel' trending this morning but now its gone.

edit: #Heysel still there just not in the main column..
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 12:22:40 pm by rebel23 »

Offline Floydy

• Legacy Fan
any phone in's I can tune into with this lot cry arsing?

Offline Robotforaday

• Fifty shades off white
  • Legacy Fan
Has anybody on Blue Moon noticed that Der Spiegel is a German publication

…and Liverpool have a GERMAN manager?

Abu Dhabi need to get their legal team onto that, pronto.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
Hmm it's not like City fans to stamp their feet
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop

He's still scratching around in the same old hole

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
A contrarian perspective here: Anyone else thinking the timing of this announcement is evidence that clubs like Real Madrid have UEFA/FIFA wrapped around their fingers?

Don't get me wrong: I think it's hilarious what has happened to City; it couldn't have happened to a more deserving team (deserving of the 'Cheat' tag). But something about the timing of the release makes me think UEFA are doing Real Madrid a favour. Getting the best performance out of your players (which they would need to beat Madrid) becomes that much harder with a shitstorm scandal all over the press. The real cheats are behind the scenes, in the boardrooms, etc., but it's the players and Pep who have to be the face of the club most of the time.

City will definitely lose that tie now.
No.

There’s a great misunderstanding about the purpose of FFP.

It was to stop the outrageous wage inflation that was occurring 10 or so years ago.  It was to try to stop clubs haemorrhaging cash in losses and going bust.

And it’s worked (by and large). Clubs across Europe are now financially much more healthy because uefa have forced them to be.

This was never about Manchester City or PSG. It was about the health of football.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 12:30:52 pm by Tepid T₂O »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer

This is what I am wondering. Will these deals now be recalculated at market value ? They would have a massive problem if they are. No CL income and reduced sponsorship. They would be losing upwards of what, £100m per season ?

"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house

There are far more questions than answers. the fight for 4th just became the fight for 5th, as whoever comes 5th gets champs league football next season now. In the dictionary under "can of worms" it now says "See Man City"
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
This guy on twitter is a QC/sports lawyer. He is saying the players and staff can argue that their terms have fundamentally altered and leave for free  :lmao

https://twitter.com/JohnMehrzadLaw/status/1228638217064341505

That would be too funny.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I just love how they’ve had this VAR/tainted title agenda all season, and now the world has just discovered that their titles over the last decade have all been tainted.

So much for their decade of dominance, Guardiola will leave and they’ll be reluctant to spend much in the transfer market now.

Offline Floydy

• Legacy Fan
This guy on twitter is a QC/sports lawyer. He is saying the players and staff can argue that their terms have fundamentally altered and leave for free  :lma

That would be too funny.

Aidy Ward and Razza will be all over this like a rash

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
City probably looking at hiring a few different types of influencers right now.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
No matter what happens, they are all forever complicit in the biggest cheating the game has seen.

Are you forgetting all the stuff a while back in the italian league, given the amount of clubs involved that was clearly bigger, so city aren't even the biggest when it comes to cheating either. :lmao

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
This guy on twitter is a QC/sports lawyer. He is saying the players and staff can argue that their terms have fundamentally altered and leave for free  :lmao

That would be too funny.
There’s probably a no-CL clause already in their contracts, if their agents were on the ball.  Though it doesn’t seem to have been in Pogba’s.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
There's loads of City teenagers on twitter.  As soon as you say anything negative about their shitty club they descend on you like locusts. They managed to get 'Heysel' trending this morning but now its gone.

edit: #Heysel still there just not in the main column..

And they call us victims
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Floydy

• Legacy Fan
Are you forgetting all the stuff a while back in the italian league, given the amount of clubs involved that was clearly bigger, so city aren't even the biggest when it comes to cheating either. :lmao

TINY CHEATERS MC?

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Good post.

Anyone who moans about FFP needs to look at how Abu Dhabi almost repeated what Qatar has done to ligue 1. Anyone like Newcastle or Everton who thinks a sugar daddy would buy them is dreaming. Abu Dhabi bought City on the name Manchester, they jumped on the back of the other lots fame. Without FFP, the likes of Abu Dhabi would just take the piss, 40 man squads of 100 million pound players on huge salaries
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
I've had time to not only learn of Manchester City's ban, but reflect on it thoughtfully and sit down to
 compose my deepest thoughts on the matter:

Aaaaahhahahahhahahahhha the cheating fuckin melts hahahahahah aaaaaaaahhahahaha!

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
The argument that City are a financial healthy and well run club is daft. When you have these inflated sponsorship deals but neither the fans or actual finances to back it up, it makes the club a bit precarious. Should AD get bored with their plaything and sell it on, it would take incredible owners to keep the charade going. If they fail to get revenue fairly and organically, they could be in financial bother. That’s what FFP is getting at here. City aren’t spending beyond the owner’s means, but they are absolutely spending beyond the club’s means.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
https://twitter.com/BWWings/status/1228391037678297094

Buffalo Wild Wings
@BWWings
THAT’S how you punish a team that cheats.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I have to sort of wonder if Abu Dhabi have been utterly stupid or stupendously arrogant.

We all know they are at the Emptyhad to try to cleanse their appalling image and reputation as a regime. They are clearly sensitive over how they are perceived. They buy a non-descript football club in the shadows of three bigger clubs within the North West area and look to make a good name for themselves. Now all that makes good sense up to now.

The problem is, instead of gradually improving the facilities, the management and the team whilst living within the club's means they, instead, make the club look like the drug dealer with no legitimate means of support who is living in a detached house with a pool, drives a Lamborghini and puts two fingers up to homeless people as he drives past. I mean why bring so much unnecessary attention on to yourself? OK, you get away with it for a while, but at some point questions get asked. Awkward questions, and when the answers don't stack up, well it all comes crashing down.

Have they acted out of absolute stupidity, arrogance, or both?
They came in looking to enhance their reputation but, instead, all they have done is taint it even further. To top it off, if they lie and cheat their way through a dirty legal battle they'll look yet worse still. They'll expose themselves as the dirty, disgusting bullies they really are.

The crazy thing is that if they had focused on building city up steadily, it would have taken them longer, but they would have got a lot more credit for it in the long run.

They could have thrown the money at the stadium, training grounds, regenerating the areas around them etc and that would have all been seen as positives and at the same time they could have steadily increased the spending on the squad rather than going mental in that area from the start and by doing that it would have been more of a feel-good plucky underdog eventually triumphing kind of feel to their sportwashing and made it even easier for the media to overlook who was backing city in that process.