Author Topic: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain  (Read 754320 times)

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
« Reply #3160 on: October 23, 2019, 09:19:05 pm »

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3161 on: October 23, 2019, 09:19:14 pm »
Love this lad to bits.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3162 on: October 23, 2019, 09:20:15 pm »
My. Word.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3163 on: October 23, 2019, 09:20:45 pm »
he is back allright

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3164 on: October 23, 2019, 09:55:17 pm »
Nice brace. 2 quality goals.

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3165 on: October 23, 2019, 10:01:05 pm »
Fantastic goals. Delighted for him
bollocks

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #3166 on: October 23, 2019, 10:04:31 pm »
Two brilliant finishes and got the better as the game went on. Well deserved great to see him back
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3167 on: October 23, 2019, 10:10:41 pm »

Getting there

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3168 on: October 23, 2019, 10:15:30 pm »
Welcome back Ox

Two sublime goals, especially the second. Love the lad, like a younger Milner, so professional and speaks so well

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3169 on: October 23, 2019, 10:15:59 pm »
Imagine when we get him up to speed.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3170 on: October 23, 2019, 10:38:33 pm »
Happy for his double. This guy has 10 goal seasons in him with his skillset. I hope he can get and surpass that total

Offline Bob Sacamano

• Legacy Fan
  • Alleged Manc and/or Gooner
« Reply #3171 on: October 23, 2019, 10:38:55 pm »
Pretty much sums him up as a footballer....misplaced passes, poor touches, outrageous goals and worked his socks off. He's got some Luis Garcia about him  ;D

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #3172 on: October 23, 2019, 10:45:00 pm »
Huge for us if we can get him fully back - no one else in the squad who can play the role he can

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3173 on: October 23, 2019, 10:47:32 pm »
When you’ve been out for a long time you must start to doubt yourself.  Feel like a fraud, not earning your place in the team.

A couple of goals like that will do him the world of good.

The magnitude of his injury was such that he’s lucky to be walking properly let alone playing top tier football.

Great to see.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #3174 on: October 23, 2019, 10:47:34 pm »
Pretty much sums him up as a footballer....misplaced passes, poor touches, outrageous goals and worked his socks off. He's got some Luis Garcia about him  ;D

I thought that and was saying he'll be subbed soon for Lallana who'll keep the ball better.

Just before he scored the second. ;D

Give him time to tidy his game up a bit and he'll be a great addition.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #3175 on: October 23, 2019, 10:55:31 pm »
Ooof!
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline jonkrux

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3176 on: October 24, 2019, 02:15:33 am »
That second goal was fucking outrageous 😂😂..
Couple of misplaced passes... so what?!?!

Offline tornado

• ali
  • Kopite
« Reply #3177 on: October 24, 2019, 03:50:37 am »
Everything was right today, the goals, the substitution...I was happy to see him off today....with this cameo against United and minutes today, workload just about ok for him to start against Spurs..almost feel like if might be a Fab, gini, ox midfield...harsh on Hendo but would be harsh on Ox too if he is left out. naby probably not good for back to back starts with 90 mins today.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #3178 on: October 24, 2019, 04:40:20 am »
Everything was right today, the goals, the substitution...I was happy to see him off today....with this cameo against United and minutes today, workload just about ok for him to start against Spurs..almost feel like if might be a Fab, gini, ox midfield...harsh on Hendo but would be harsh on Ox too if he is left out. naby probably not good for back to back starts with 90 mins today.

Not on current form. Not by a long shot.

Offline mercury

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3179 on: October 24, 2019, 08:02:38 am »
So so happy for him.  And us :)

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #3180 on: October 24, 2019, 08:29:09 am »
He might start on Sunday now.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3181 on: October 24, 2019, 08:37:29 am »
Boom
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3182 on: October 24, 2019, 08:43:33 am »
He might start on Sunday now.
Think he should. Offers something different.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3183 on: October 24, 2019, 08:54:08 am »
Doubt he'll start Sunday. It was only about a month ago that Klopp was saying he's still having reactions with the demands of playing and training regularly and he looked knackered coming off yesterday. I think he'll be managed with one game a week for a while yet before being pushed on.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #3184 on: October 24, 2019, 09:05:07 am »
Doubt he'll start Sunday. It was only about a month ago that Klopp was saying he's still having reactions with the demands of playing and training regularly and he looked knackered coming off yesterday. I think he'll be managed with one game a week for a while yet before being pushed on.
I think Keita would be a better choice anyway, if we start one of them. Offers a bit more control and defensive solidity just at the moment. Amazing to have Ox back, though. I'd love to see more of last night's midfield against the Utds of this world, and it's also lovely to have Chamberlain as an option coming on and dropping hand grenades from midfield. His muscular dribbling and accurate longer shooting gives us something a little bit different.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3185 on: October 24, 2019, 09:32:45 am »
Doubt Keita will start either. Both him and Ox have spent long periods out injured recently. They'll both have their game time and loads managed to avoid further injury. It'll be Henderson, Fabinho and Gini in midfield Sunday.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #3186 on: October 24, 2019, 09:47:40 am »
Ox is also a good option as sub on the wings.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #3187 on: October 24, 2019, 10:43:22 am »
Breaking into the Fabinho/Henderson/Wijnaldum triumvariate is tough in its own right, but last night those two goals were definitely a step towards challenging them for a regular starting spot. It's quite crazy though when considering how many players there are who prefer to play centrally in midfield, besides the three who usually start for league games there's Milner, Chamberlain, Keïta, Lallana and Shaqiri, all of whom duking it out for three spots on the team sheet. In addition, #10 is a position Firmino is perfectly adept in playing too when needing to attack further. It'll be interesting to see what he can do versus Arsenal and also Genk at Anfield, he can't be far away from being in serious contention for 90 minutes in a big league or European game now.

Still, when having players like him and Naby to rotate during mid-week fixtures, then that team is in a damn good shape to say the least! In 3/4 of Premier League sides those two are leading stars, indispensable and key players playing every game, rain or shine.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 10:51:54 am by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #3188 on: October 24, 2019, 10:50:25 am »
Ox is also a good option as sub on the wings.

Except for the fact we don't play with wingers, we have very advanced full backs and wide forwards.
Are you saying he is an option at full back or as a wide forward?
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Online Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3189 on: October 24, 2019, 10:56:43 am »

Except for the fact we don't play with wingers, we have very advanced full backs and wide forwards.
Are you saying he is an option at full back or as a wide forward?

I have had in my mind for a while that he is another option at right back. My mate who is an Arsenal fan said that Ox's best patch of form was playing at RWB and I can kind of see why he would be good there. He has excellent energy and gets through a lot of running. Drives forward well with the ball at his feet. Diligent in his defensive work. Klopp hasn't been tempted to try him at RB yet but it might be worth a look as an alternative to Milner/Gomez.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3190 on: October 24, 2019, 11:42:40 am »
Will be hard to leave him out against Spurs after 2 very good displays. However, it'll probably just depend on his fitness. As others were saying, it sounds like he's still not quite up to playing 3 games a week etc.

I suspect Arsenal in league cup and Genk at home will be games where we can look to rotate a little bit. I expect Fab to sit out at least one of those 2 games, and we have Gini, Hendo, Ox, Naby, Millie and Lallana to rotate between the other spots too. Earlier in the season, there was also some talk about Lallana being a 6 - maybe we will see him deployed there against Arsenal. It will also depend on what happens with Trent and whether Gomez features at RB or not. I also have a sneaking suspicion that Klopp won't rest Fab unless theres a dip in form. We saw the same with the front 3 barely getting a rest in the last couple of seasons.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #3191 on: October 24, 2019, 11:48:04 am »
I have had in my mind for a while that he is another option at right back. My mate who is an Arsenal fan said that Ox's best patch of form was playing at RWB and I can kind of see why he would be good there. He has excellent energy and gets through a lot of running. Drives forward well with the ball at his feet. Diligent in his defensive work. Klopp hasn't been tempted to try him at RB yet but it might be worth a look as an alternative to Milner/Gomez.

I thought one of the reasons he left them was being constantly played out of position or in position like right back. I’m sure when he signed it was because of conversations about playing in the middle and Klopp knowing that was how to get the best out of him.
He’s always seemed less effective for us when he’s been played wider or further forward in my view.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3192 on: October 24, 2019, 11:52:11 am »
Wouldn’t be a player thread without someone suggesting he’s played out of position  ;D

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3193 on: October 24, 2019, 11:56:01 am »
Hes not playing as a fullback, it's one of the reasons he left Arsenal.

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • you might be on B Squad, but ur the B squad leader
« Reply #3194 on: October 24, 2019, 11:58:19 am »
Despite the great performance by Ox and Keita coming on (with Lallana also wondering), Klopp will definitely go back to Fab, Wyna and Hendo in midfield against Spurs. If they are not making it happen we could see an early introduction of Ox. That's how I see it. We previously had Milner as that standby player but it seems to me that Milner is going to be used to rotate with the wing-backs (just don't do it against Palace).
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 03:37:28 pm by SteveZissou »
Following Liverpool since the mid 80s.

Offline RacerX34

• Kopite
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3195 on: October 24, 2019, 12:03:27 pm »

"I've always wanted to be Steven Gerrard"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvOLj3srzSs

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3196 on: October 24, 2019, 12:41:51 pm »
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3197 on: October 24, 2019, 12:42:04 pm »
if he can get back to where he was before the injury then i think Klopp will find it difficult to leave him out of the team, he should have a part to play on Sunday

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3198 on: October 24, 2019, 01:13:34 pm »
The second goal was filthy, didn’t realise he had that in his locker. Look forward to seeing him tearing it up against Spurs.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #3199 on: October 24, 2019, 01:23:10 pm »
Just please stay fit
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy