Author Topic: Wrestling Thread (AEW, NJPW, WWE, etc) (*)  (Read 441827 times)

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Wrestling Thread (AEW, NJPW, WWE, etc) (*)
« Reply #6880 on: March 30, 2023, 11:38:18 am »
The main event should have been better but Shawn was carrying a bad injury.

There was rumours he didn’t want Stone Cold going over and apparently Undertaker was sitting close by backstage to make sure there was no funny business.

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6881 on: March 30, 2023, 11:45:01 am »
The main event should have been better but Shawn was carrying a bad injury.

There was rumours he didn’t want Stone Cold going over and apparently Undertaker was sitting close by backstage to make sure there was no funny business.

That the famous taping his firsts up story Taker says.

Leta be honest, 90's Shawn before he found god was borderline on the positives outweighing the risk - one of the best wrestlers ever, but with so much shit around him, it was almost not worth it - a few more asshole points, or a slightly different era, and he would be akin to CM Punk now

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #6882 on: March 30, 2023, 12:47:34 pm »
Michaels definitely sounded like a complete and utter arsehole back then

that Taker story is well known, heard another version shawn knew this and claimed he was always putting austin over but wound everyone up into believing he wouldnt. Also that he wasnt too happy he had the austin 3:16 shirt draped over him after Tyson clocked him

Michaels didnt wrestle again until summerslam 2002, he didnt have one match between royal rumble and this. You can tell at points in this match he is in absolute agony.
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #6883 on: March 30, 2023, 03:34:41 pm »
Tyson fast counting always ruins that match a smidge for me. Like Austin just hit the stunner, he wasn't getting up and then the optics of Tyson fast counting just looks...shit.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6884 on: March 30, 2023, 03:54:03 pm »
Tyson fast counting always ruins that match a smidge for me. Like Austin just hit the stunner, he wasn't getting up and then the optics of Tyson fast counting just looks...shit.

Agree with that. Made it look like a sneaky heel victory.

Knowing Tyson he was probably coked up to his eye balls and thought that was a regular count.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6885 on: March 30, 2023, 04:15:00 pm »
Yeah that was always something different, guess I liked it as it was nice to see a heel screwed over for a change

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6886 on: March 30, 2023, 07:19:05 pm »
Yeah thats right, they joined them the next night

Great spot in that match with the ladder although getting on my high horse why it made no sense to bring it in the middle of the ring and climb it to start punching each other, it wasnt a ladder match

Although the spot was ahead of its time in many ways
That was the real start of the Attitude Era. HHH reforming DX with the Outlaws and X-Pac, the Nation of Domination turning on Farooq in favour of the Rock, and Vince getting Austin arrested after being stunned. They were off to the races.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6887 on: March 30, 2023, 07:24:44 pm »
Yes. A very big night in history. No doubt.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #6888 on: March 30, 2023, 08:34:24 pm »
Another really great Dynamite, again setting things in motion.

Will re-iterate it again, but man I love Jamie Hayter. She was away for 2 weeks, comes back to a big pop and clears house like a killer - she's a real star, they got to keep nursing her for now on.

Also of note, it may have crept under the radar a bit but fucking hell SuperCard of Honor looks on paper to be one of the best wrestling shows in ages

Eddie Kingston vs Claudio Castagnoli for ROH championship
Samoa Joe vs Mark Briscoe
5 team ladder match to tag titles including Lucha Brothers, Top Flight, The Kingdom, Los Faccion Ingobernables,  and Aussie Open
The Embassy vs AR Fox, Blake Christian, and Metallik
Athena vs Yuka Sakazaki
Daniel Garcia vs Hiroshi Tanahashi
Wheeler Yuta vs Katsuyori Shibata

I'm certainly going to try to find the ladder match somewhere online.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #6889 on: March 30, 2023, 08:37:47 pm »
Another great Dynamite, the BCC vs the Elite is going to be insane.  Just hope everyone is healed up for it.

Not really feeling Cole.  Good to have him back but I think this level of fanfare is a little over the top.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #6890 on: March 31, 2023, 02:41:48 pm »
Vince back on the payroll at WWE it seems according to filings made to the NYSE
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6891 on: March 31, 2023, 03:16:56 pm »
Vince back on the payroll at WWE it seems according to filings made to the NYSE

All the talk (and frankly some of the stuff on the show) kinda points to him being back and getting back into the creative groove. Things like people vomiting, calling Chad Gable ugly, calling Jonny Gargano small, a comic book geek, a garden gnome, the whole Omos and Brock stuff - yeah seeing a fair few Vinceisms

I expect the play will be sell WWE to Saudi, and Vince gets to stay on as Chairman - win/win Vince gets $9 billion and gets to stay on top day to day

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #6892 on: March 31, 2023, 03:49:46 pm »
I'm under the impression both Brock and Lashley refused to be in a Mania feud with Bray Wyatt, which is pretty damning. He would've fucked AEW up too had he joined and played a similar character.

It's great in promos and stuff but then the match comes and the unbeatable monster has to sell, and it all stops working.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2023, 06:10:13 pm by OsirisMVZ »

Online amir87

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6893 on: March 31, 2023, 03:54:31 pm »
So Lashley refused to work with him and is instead on some pointless Smackdown Battle Royal and gave up his ppv money? Doesn't make much sense to me.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6894 on: March 31, 2023, 04:23:55 pm »
Taken Monday off work for Mania. Will probably be burnt out but let's see if I've got time for Supercard as well.

Michaels didnt wrestle again until summerslam 2002, he didnt have one match between royal rumble and this. You can tell at points in this match he is in absolute agony.
Unbelievable that he got injured fairly early on in that casket match and continued wrestling and taking bumps throughout, he also had to piledrive Taker on the steel steps at one point.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2023, 05:15:54 pm by Malaysian Kopite »
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #6895 on: March 31, 2023, 04:38:19 pm »
So Lashley refused to work with him and is instead on some pointless Smackdown Battle Royal and gave up his ppv money? Doesn't make much sense to me.

If he refused on the basis that he didnt want to feud with 'uncle Howdy' then its probably fair
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #6896 on: March 31, 2023, 06:15:49 pm »
By the way I've been to the last two "Hustle Wrestling" shows in Hackney Wick which have had a fantastic atmosphere (much less testosterone than Rev Pro for example). They announced last night that they would be doing monthly shows starting in May, improving on the current 6 week schedule they've got now. Really inclusive crowd (of course, its East London) who are all bevvied but in a good way. Check it out if you're ever down in London! Surely going to grow and grow with buzz sooner rather than later.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2023, 06:18:13 pm by OsirisMVZ »

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6897 on: March 31, 2023, 06:44:56 pm »
Vince aint ever leaving, he would die in the ring if he could

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6898 on: March 31, 2023, 08:52:00 pm »

Think the talk is that either Bray is injured or he walked.

Anyway, Mania set looks great. Always enjoy those reveals. Really hope the Usos and Zayn/KO get the main event slot on Night One over Charlotte/Rhea - my guess is they will.

Online amir87

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6899 on: March 31, 2023, 10:27:57 pm »
Yeah night 1 absolutely has to close out with Sami Zayn and KO lifting the tag titles. The story has had an incredible build and deserves to get the recognition for all four of them.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #6900 on: April 1, 2023, 10:32:18 am »
Nasty broken leg/ankle for Dante Martin from a huge spot in the Ring of Honour Supercard ladder match. Shame as 2023 looked like being a breakout year for Top Flight after Darius's injuries kept him sidelined previously.

Apparently the Vikingo/Komander opening match was worth a watch.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6901 on: April 1, 2023, 12:17:56 pm »
Drew McIntyre apparently in the final year of his contract and "Not even close to agreeing terms"

If he is to leave, while I don't think AEW should go for every WWE star who leaves, should be all over him. Great worker, great look, star name, would look HUMONGOUS in AEW

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6902 on: April 1, 2023, 11:46:49 pm »
What time is Mania starting tonight? Still not a big fan of the two-night format but it makes sense from a business point of view

Online amir87

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6903 on: April 2, 2023, 12:21:57 am »
Starts at 1am

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #6904 on: April 2, 2023, 02:36:23 am »
Rollins vs Logan was great. KSI spot was sweet

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6905 on: April 2, 2023, 02:41:39 am »
KSI coming out in a Prime suit then getting put through a fucking table :lmao Amazing moment

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6906 on: April 2, 2023, 08:54:28 am »
Think it’s cool that Cena is willing to come back and lose at Mania to Theory in the opening match. Man has a huge profile and could demand top billing and to go over, but happy to just do whatever.

Also remember when people thought Owens and Zayn were daft for signing new WWE deals…

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6907 on: April 2, 2023, 09:39:52 am »
Think on night one we had the greatest women’s match, greatest tag match and greatest celebrity performance ever at Mania.

Night 2 has a difficult act to follow that.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6908 on: April 2, 2023, 11:42:47 am »
Really enjoyed night one. Even the fatal 4 way tag match was a lot of fun.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Online Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6909 on: April 2, 2023, 11:46:39 am »
Chad Gable deserves a massive push, that rolling German Suplex on Braun was outrageous.

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6910 on: April 2, 2023, 11:53:56 am »
Really enjoyed night one. Even the fatal 4 way tag match was a lot of fun.

I loved the shot of Ricochet doing the Shooting Star press to the floor, the move itself was glorious but the camera angle really took it to another level.

Same with Logan Paul's splash on KSI. Paul absolutely nailed the timing of looking up to the sky and not looking down until he had already taken off. He's a real natural at this.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline F-T-9

• Anny Roader
« Reply #6911 on: April 2, 2023, 01:24:54 pm »
That main event was incredible. What a fantastic end to the Sami/Bloodline storyline. Greatest tag match I think I've ever seen.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #6912 on: April 2, 2023, 01:46:38 pm »
Think it’s cool that Cena is willing to come back and lose at Mania to Theory in the opening match. Man has a huge profile and could demand top billing and to go over, but happy to just do whatever.

With everything I know about Cena, he seems to be a nice guy. He got a lot of shite because of his booking, but I don't think that went the way because he has some Hogan-style ego. It was rather what the company wanted and he went with it. I mean he even kind of embraced the "Cena sucks" chants and just took it on the chin. In the interviews and stuff I've seen with him outside of a pure wrestling setting, he also seemed like a nice guy. Add the whole Make-a-Wish-stuff he does and you can probably say that he's a pretty decent person. It also wouldn't have made a lot of sense for him to come back for basically a special appearance, take the win and then go away again. He also knows he can make a shitload of money acting, which isn't as demanding as going back to full-time or even part-time wrestling.

Offline F-T-9

• Anny Roader
« Reply #6913 on: April 2, 2023, 02:39:18 pm »
Cena is a fantastic human being. I had the pleasure of meeting him when I went to New York and I can confirm none of it is an act (not that it was ever in question), he was so nice to us and had no reason to be. Got a lot of admiration for him.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #6914 on: April 2, 2023, 03:04:36 pm »
Night one was really good. Enjoyed all the matches even though I could have done without that Pat McAfee fella at that time of the morning. No point to adding that imo. They always seem to go for that impromptu filler spot at WM though.

Still really irks me that Logan Paul is out there wrestling one of the most charismatic stars on the roster. And yes, he was good again, and yes, I am old  ;D

High bar set for night two.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline jediwarrior

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #6915 on: April 2, 2023, 03:36:21 pm »
Really enjoyed Night one. Rhea match was great. Charlotte take a nose first into the matt. Saw it was cut she be lucky to get away without it broken. Glad Rhea won hopefully she gets a good title run.
Rollins another great match and Logan putting KSI in a prime bottle through a table was amazing.
The main event was great, really thought the Uso's were retaining the title at one point during that match.
Wonder if Roman loses tonight he blames them for the fall of the Bloodline and the reason why he lost the title.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #6916 on: April 2, 2023, 03:40:49 pm »
Cody has to win, surely
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6917 on: April 2, 2023, 04:10:55 pm »
Cody has to win, surely

Feels inevitable but you never know. Can see the rest of the Bloodline and KO/Sami getting involved, although Cody going over clean with no interference is probably the way to go. Think the big storyline after will be the fall of the Bloodline, I still want to see Jey go up against Roman again.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6918 on: April 2, 2023, 05:22:08 pm »
Hearing Eddie's entrance again in an arena for the first time since his death brought back some feelings for me, a true legend who is missed by all.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6919 on: April 2, 2023, 05:42:41 pm »
Some great matches, unfortunately zoned out a bit for the main event and the first half of Charlotte/Rhea, it's too difficult to watch 4 hours of wrestling. Maybe I'll rewatch it but the fucking schedule isn't letting up at all is it.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.