Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD 2023 - archived discussions about what’s offensive  (Read 1063102 times)

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD 2023
« Reply #13760 on: March 19, 2023, 11:34:57 am »
52m is a lot of money to be fair.
£52m is the new £20m

Offline paisley1977

• Legacy Fan
  • Bob an ordinary man of extraordinary greatness.
« Reply #13761 on: March 19, 2023, 11:36:25 am »
All this talk about signing Mount, its not that long ago that Declan Rice was touted to sign for Chelsea to join his best mate Mason Mount. So now Declan is supposedly signing for Arsenal must be because his best mate is leaving Chelsea or...
And am I making this up but is Declan's Dad not a Liverpool fan? wasn't he in Istanbul?
I've been here during the bad times,we finished second once.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #13762 on: March 19, 2023, 11:40:42 am »
Looks like we're lining up our Kelleher replacement.

Looks a top young talent , will he want to come as a back up keeper

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13763 on: March 19, 2023, 11:41:34 am »
Bellingham is a freak, I know it's lazy to compare him to Gerrard but he is very similar in the fact he has no weakness, he's elite in nearly every area.

Didn't see that match but that's quality output, especially against Bayern who have a very strong midfield. Anyone winning duels is a huge positive, one of our current biggest weaknesses.

So many talents around, really is no excuse for us to not improve ourselves dramatically.

https://www.sporting.pt/en/tags/manuel-ugarte#:~:text=Ugarte%20signs%20for%20Sporting%20CP&text=Sporting%20Clube%20de%20Portugal%20have,clause%20of%2060%20million%20euros.

Sporting Clube de Portugal have signed midfielder Manuel Ugarte as their latest summer reinforcement, with the Uruguayan joining through to 2026. The contract for the former FC Famalicão player, who was presented this Monday in Alcochete, has a buyout clause of 60 million euros.

Can't say i've watched Bellingham that much for whole games to say if he's close,but yeah Gerrard's a really tough yardstick to compare any midfielder against as he had every physical attribute you'd want married with a superior mentality and even finishing with his screamers from anywhere from halfway line onward in his pomp.

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13764 on: March 19, 2023, 11:50:50 am »
Or Aidrian’s

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13765 on: March 19, 2023, 11:56:25 am »
Can't say i've watched Bellingham that much for whole games to say if he's close,but yeah Gerrard's a really tough yardstick to compare any midfielder against as he had every physical attribute you'd want married with a superior mentality and even finishing with his screamers from anywhere from halfway line onward in his pomp.

Yep, I'm not saying he is as good as Gerrard, or will be as good as Gerrard but it's the all round levels of everywhere which draws a comparisson for me. Exactly as you say every physical attribute alongside everything else.

I read reports of his coaches at Birmingham and if he had a weakness or was shown an area to improve he'd work hours and hours extra to reduce it. Elite mentality that.

Like Gerrard I reckon you could play Bellingham anywhere on the pitch and he'd be decent.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #13766 on: March 19, 2023, 12:00:42 pm »
Really hope that is the case. I know he's playing in a struggling side, but with a player in that situation you'd perhaps expect to see the odd flash of brilliance that would make you think there is something to work with there, but I haven't seen anything like that.

Yeah, I've seen nothing special from him either. If he was someone who could come in for a about 10/15 million who could be rotational I wouldn't put too much thought into it, but if we're to buy three midfielders I wouldn't be hoping he's one of them, certainly not if we're only to buy two. In that case I could maybe get behind it if he was bought alongside Bellingham and an actual re-incarnation of a 21 year old Steven Gerrard  ;D
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13767 on: March 19, 2023, 12:10:25 pm »
Or Aidrian’s

Are you Sylvester Stallone?

Offline anandg_lfc

• Anny Roader
« Reply #13768 on: March 19, 2023, 01:11:35 pm »
It will be interesting to see who we appoint to replace ward. We need proper direction heading into the summer window.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #13769 on: March 19, 2023, 01:44:16 pm »

Be a shame if we lose Keheller. Hopefully, we'll be sensible enough to put a buy-back clause in his contract.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13770 on: March 19, 2023, 01:47:44 pm »
Be a shame if we lose Keheller. Hopefully, we'll be sensible enough to put a buy-back clause in his contract.
I'm sure we'd try, but even if we do we could only guarantee the selling club had to allow us to talk to him if we offer x fee. We'd then offer him a deal which he'd be under no obligation to accept it.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13771 on: March 19, 2023, 01:52:57 pm »
I'm sure we'd try, but even if we do we could only guarantee the selling club had to allow us to talk to him if we offer x fee. We'd then offer him a deal which he'd be under no obligation to accept it.

He's a fan, so I get the feeling he'd be up for a return. Of course, the state of the club at the time will play a deciding factor in his decision as well though.

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13772 on: March 19, 2023, 01:56:55 pm »
Sounds like we want to give Milner a new contract.

“I’m not too loyal”

Offline RedSetGo

• Anny Roader
  • The Lord Jesus Saves. "LFC 2018-20" 2.0 incoming
« Reply #13773 on: March 19, 2023, 01:58:23 pm »
Didn't see that we'd been linked to  Wolfsburg's CB Micky Van De Ven.

- 21 years old

- 6'4

- Left CB

- Very fast.  Sofifa "Acceleration" score of 76; "Sprint Speed" of 91

- Has played some games as LB.

His aerial duels is not that great, but he's 21 & more importantly has the height + physique with which coaches can work to add aggressiveness to his aerial duels. A player with his physical make-up can be improved aerially.

Think Tsimikas leaves to get 1st team football somewhere else. Hence a LCB who can be emergency LB will be targeted. Luke Chambers might be promoted as a more like-for-like alternative to Robertson.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13774 on: March 19, 2023, 02:16:00 pm »

“I’m not too loyal”

Well that's if you believe no-mark transfer gimps.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13775 on: March 19, 2023, 02:17:18 pm »

“I’m not too loyal”
I’ve no issue with this at all providing he’s a bit part player and not starting as many games as he has been this season. He’s a brilliant professional and has never let himself or the club down, not his fault we neglected to sign a midfielder.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13776 on: March 19, 2023, 02:36:01 pm »
I’ve no issue with this at all providing he’s a bit part player and not starting as many games as he has been this season. He’s a brilliant professional and has never let himself or the club down, not his fault we neglected to sign a midfielder.
I definitely agree with the latter part of your statement mate. Milner has been great for us, but the issue is resources. We don’t have money, and contract renewals detract from the budget we have available. We already have Hendo whose minutes need to be managed - why not allow him to slot into the ‘Milner role’ freeing up money in the process.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13777 on: March 19, 2023, 02:45:22 pm »
We do have money, we're the fuckin' third riches club on the planet and #2 if not for the artificially inflated blue mancs. We're going after Bellingham for fucks sakes.  ;D

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13778 on: March 19, 2023, 02:47:09 pm »
I was under the impression that the player accepted the terms of the buy back clause when leaving, so if we were to activate it in future he'd have no choice in the matter as he's already agreed to it. This could be absolute bullshit though.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13779 on: March 19, 2023, 02:49:41 pm »
We do have money, we're the fuckin' third riches club on the planet and #2 if not for the artificially inflated blue mancs. We're going after Bellingham for fucks sakes.  ;D

FSG already making excuses about reduced budget if no champions league

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13780 on: March 19, 2023, 02:52:11 pm »
That's common sense the way we're run that doesn't mean we're not getting investment though does it? The whole fuckin' point of them looking for investment is for us to spend more than what we'd normally do.

Offline NightDancer

• Anny Roader
  • Bleep Bloop Bleep Bloop
« Reply #13781 on: March 19, 2023, 02:52:18 pm »
I was under the impression that the player accepted the terms of the buy back clause when leaving, so if we were to activate it in future he'd have no choice in the matter as he's already agreed to it. This could be absolute bullshit though.

Buy back clause is basically one that states if we offer X amount either after a specified or unspecified amount of time (depending on what is agreed) that the club that powns the player is then out opf the equation and it is then down to the player whether he wants to discuss terms or not with the buying club.

Is pretty much the same as a release clause in how it works, just that it applies to a single club (the club that initally sold the player)
What's your pleasure?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #13782 on: March 19, 2023, 03:15:21 pm »
FSG already making excuses about reduced budget if no champions league
Where did they say that?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13783 on: March 19, 2023, 03:16:00 pm »
That's common sense the way we're run that doesn't mean we're not getting investment though does it? The whole fuckin' point of them looking for investment is for us to spend more than what we'd normally do.

Nothing has happened with us getting the investment though has it? perhaps we get a positive announcement soon but the fact the Mike Gordon is rumoured back in his role (which he left to focus on the sale/investment) and no investment has been announced doesn’t fill me with confidence unless it’s done of course

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13784 on: March 19, 2023, 03:17:01 pm »
Where did they say that?

via their usual channels in the media

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #13785 on: March 19, 2023, 03:17:47 pm »
via their usual channels in the media
Ah, you mean you made it up!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #13786 on: March 19, 2023, 03:18:42 pm »
the club that powns the player

I think that's only in videogames, mate  8)
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13787 on: March 19, 2023, 03:19:18 pm »

spend a few pence on subscriptions you cheap bastard  :lmao

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13788 on: March 19, 2023, 03:20:59 pm »
You must invest millions into businesses regularly then? It doesn't take days or weeks you know.  Tell me is that before or after lifting weight's? ;D

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13789 on: March 19, 2023, 03:23:35 pm »
You must invest millions into businesses regularly then? It doesn't take days or weeks you know.  Tell me is that before or after lifting weight's? ;D

Spot on as always Samie  :wave

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13790 on: March 19, 2023, 03:38:54 pm »
Brazil goalkeeper coach Claudio Taffarel steps down from his position in the National Team - he will now work exclusively with Liverpool FC. [Globo Esporte]

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13791 on: March 19, 2023, 04:05:36 pm »
Think that puts away of any nonsense talk about Alisson possibly leaving in the near future.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #13792 on: March 19, 2023, 04:33:43 pm »

I can’t imagine Asam would say something that he couldn’t back up…would he?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #13793 on: March 19, 2023, 05:22:52 pm »
Predict the signings we make in the summer, my gut feeling is: Bellingham, Ugarte, Mount, Bella-Kotchap
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13794 on: March 19, 2023, 05:25:31 pm »
I can’t imagine Asam would say something that he couldn’t back up…would he?

I remember Pearce or Jones saying we won't have as much to spend in the summer if we don't have CL football next season, not long ago.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13795 on: March 19, 2023, 05:28:55 pm »

Love the optimism but surely you go by the rule and not the exception?

Looking is great but it doesn't mean much in terms of spending if you dont get the investment.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #13796 on: March 19, 2023, 05:32:29 pm »
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13797 on: March 19, 2023, 05:45:12 pm »
I remember Pearce or Jones saying we won't have as much to spend in the summer if we don't have CL football next season, not long ago.

+ Joyce

Is there any journalist on record saying there will be absolute no financial impact to the transfer budget with no champions league?

Offline buttersstotch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13798 on: March 19, 2023, 05:47:20 pm »
It will become very toxic to FSG if we don't spend the money we need in the summer. I totally get it that we can't do it every summer, but we've spent fuck all compared to two thirds of the Premier League over 3 seasons now, large part of the reason is their fault.

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13799 on: March 19, 2023, 05:52:37 pm »
+ Joyce

Is there any journalist on record saying there will be absolute no financial impact to the transfer budget with no champions league?

May I ask where Joyce said it?

I've only so far heard Pearce say stuff in a poorly written, no new information opinion piece, which is his speciality since he lost contacts in the club for the shite he pulled against Klopp