Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD 2023 - archived discussions about what’s offensive  (Read 1068223 times)

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD 2023
« Reply #13560 on: March 16, 2023, 08:29:07 pm »
John Henry saying we won't change approach means we have £30m plus sales for a rebuild.

This.

No, not "this" at all. He said we'll continue to invest wisely. He didn't say we'll continue to spend a maximum of £30m. That is again just made up nonsense extrapolated from the most negative mind on RAWK. Which is a fucking achievement.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13561 on: March 16, 2023, 08:30:51 pm »
This.

People need to accept this is how it is until they finally sell up and leave, or change their methods.

We need two top class starting midfielders, one squad midfielder, cover at right back, 2 centre halves, cover in goal and a forward cover who can play right side. 8 players. But we will end up with something like:

Mount £50m, Nunes £40m, Bella-Kotchap £20m in
Matip £15m, Jones £15m, Kelleher £20m, Ox free, Keita free, Bobby free

£60m net spend, the usual suspects in the media heralding a new dawn.

Nah. This disregards wages and makes out like the only expense we have is transfer fees. It’s reasonable to assume that the money we’re about to save on wages will make its way into signings.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13562 on: March 16, 2023, 08:37:24 pm »
Nah. This disregards wages and makes out like the only expense we have is transfer fees. It’s reasonable to assume that the money we’re about to save on wages will make its way into signings.

I have to say I'm really not holding my breath. I've - quite genuinely - lost count of the off record briefings about 'a big summer' now across the last 4 or 5 years. In August of this year we'll see how serious FSG are about being owners of liverpool FC, and where they see us in the years to come. I know you can't put a price on it, but in this market, given how little we've spent down the years, you're talking £200m. Much less and we've got a couple more years of Klopp before some fairly serious mediocrity kicks in.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
  • Superduperfan & Whopper. Ooh sexist.
« Reply #13563 on: March 16, 2023, 09:21:38 pm »
Can any of you please explain to me what the fuck a Top Red is?

Someone who defends the players and doesn't slag off the owners when we lose a game.
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13564 on: March 16, 2023, 09:33:35 pm »
So impressed with Ugarte so far.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #13565 on: March 16, 2023, 09:34:13 pm »
So impressed with Ugarte so far.
Yeah, been excellent. Sporting remind me of peak Klopp away in Europe circa 18-20. So good going forward.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13566 on: March 16, 2023, 09:36:16 pm »
Yeah, been excellent. Sporting remind me of peak Klopp away in Europe circa 18-20. So good going forward.

Yeah, so dynamic aren’t they. Ugarte looks exactly like a player we need and what we’re missing.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13567 on: March 16, 2023, 09:41:13 pm »
Gravenberch just joined Bayern, do you really think he will want to pack his bags again 12 months later especially when Munich still look a force.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #13568 on: March 16, 2023, 09:45:30 pm »
Yeah, so dynamic aren’t they. Ugarte looks exactly like a player we need and what we’re missing.
Only 21 too.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13569 on: March 16, 2023, 09:48:29 pm »
Gravenberch just joined Bayern, do you really think he will want to pack his bags again 12 months later especially when Munich still look a force.

Yes because he's pissed off at his lack of game time.

He moonwalks into our midfield with ease currently.

Offline Jayo10

• Kopite
« Reply #13570 on: March 16, 2023, 10:09:57 pm »
Has anyone corroborated the claim that Gravenberch, Firmino and Enrique all have different agents??

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13571 on: March 16, 2023, 10:19:14 pm »
Think I read he’s played 90 minutes twice since joining, he’s not getting a look in and if he moves he’ll still have his pick of big clubs that want him. Doubt there is anything behind it but would be such a random thing for Enrique to claim.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Online Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13572 on: March 16, 2023, 10:24:31 pm »
It maybe a silly comment, but you have to admit that your comment that they've held Klopp back since he arrived is just plain ridiculous.  I reckon they will fork out over £150 million this summer, we've been riding our luck with the players we got and even FSG can see that they need replacing.  It's not like we haven't spent big this season, Nunez and Gakpo cost over £100 million.

You should know better than repeating other clubs fans posts on Twitter when someone say Klopp isn't backed enough. Giving the manager 30m plus sales is not like giving him 100m plus sales, that's why we are in this situation right now.

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13573 on: March 16, 2023, 10:33:29 pm »
Has anyone corroborated the claim that Gravenberch, Firmino and Enrique all have different agents??

Quick google says they are all different

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13574 on: March 16, 2023, 10:52:49 pm »
I have to say I'm really not holding my breath. I've - quite genuinely - lost count of the off record briefings about 'a big summer' now across the last 4 or 5 years. In August of this year we'll see how serious FSG are about being owners of liverpool FC, and where they see us in the years to come. I know you can't put a price on it, but in this market, given how little we've spent down the years, you're talking £200m. Much less and we've got a couple more years of Klopp before some fairly serious mediocrity kicks in.

At no point in the last couple of years were we in a position of needing a 'big summer'. We clearly are this time – it's obviously a different set of circumstances, so extrapolating behaviour that occurred in the past, in different conditions, doesn't work.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13575 on: March 16, 2023, 11:07:34 pm »
Yeah Ugarte over Nunes any day.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13576 on: March 16, 2023, 11:13:48 pm »

I’ve seen Ugarte for nearly 120 mins and I agree 100%. Just has to sort his discipline out.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13577 on: March 17, 2023, 01:01:46 am »
Two diffrent players though. Ugarte seems like another mad Uruguayan and he's a #6.  ;D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13578 on: March 17, 2023, 01:17:00 am »
Liverpool are closely monitoring Celta Vigo midfielder Gabri Veiga with a view to signing the 20-year-old in the summer.

There is a €40m release clause in place in his contract. [@ESPNFC]

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13579 on: March 17, 2023, 01:54:47 am »
Jose Enrique as a source now. :lmao
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Online deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13580 on: March 17, 2023, 05:28:43 am »
We need quite a bit of work, don't we?

We are all blatantly aware of the dire need for midfielders, but it might take more than that. I don't think we are that deep in the doldrums as some would have you believe, but I'm starting to think that we might need more of a shake up of the squad than I originally thought. It might mean selling one or two of the 'old faithfuls' (I don't have any particular player in mind) to reinvigourate the squad.

Of course, doing this can easily backfire. As an example, selling Salah might seem like a fair gamble to make, but as much as his form has dropped off a cliff, he is still giving us fairly significant returns at his all time low with us. And who'd back against him raising his level next season? Certainly not me.

It's quite a tricky situation we're in. I'm just so glad Jurgen is at Red. Onwards and upwards.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13581 on: March 17, 2023, 06:11:35 am »
Ugarte seems such an obvious signing.

Mendes client who we are in bed with. He would be no doubt pushing the player forward to the club.

Online rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #13582 on: March 17, 2023, 06:34:30 am »

He had only started 1 league game this season

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13583 on: March 17, 2023, 07:24:10 am »
Two diffrent players though. Ugarte seems like another mad Uruguayan and he's a #6.  ;D

There's always room for a couple.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13584 on: March 17, 2023, 08:03:58 am »

seems he is a great talent, but I think if he excels with us, after 2-3 years their dream will be to move to Real / Barca...

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13585 on: March 17, 2023, 08:09:15 am »
seems he is a great talent, but I think if he excels with us, after 2-3 years their dream will be to move to Real / Barca...

You know. I don't think that's a massive issue if Madrid and Barca are prepared to pay big fees.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13586 on: March 17, 2023, 08:09:24 am »

would be also good for Nunez's morale to have another Uruguay player in the town...

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13587 on: March 17, 2023, 08:11:16 am »
You know. I don't think that's a massive issue if Madrid and Barca are prepared to pay big fees.

We should aim to be a final destination club and not sell to our CL competition...

I thought we were on a path to finally getting to that position in the last few years.

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #13588 on: March 17, 2023, 08:38:18 am »

I also think if players believe they can win the big trophies with us there is less desire to go to Barca/Madrid etc. Since Coutinho we have kept every player through their peak years.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13589 on: March 17, 2023, 08:39:10 am »
I get the Joyce opinion piece smacks of laying the groundwork for compromises come the summer if we don’t get CL but it’s not that far from what we might need to do with champions league.

There are so many quality midfielders available and with the ages of Hendo, Thiago, Fabinho ensuring we secure three elite midfielders could be more beneficial than Bellingham plus one. It could also mean money is available for other areas, like a good quality back up right back and a center half etc.

Cant say I’m exactly excited by the continual links to Nunes and Mount, there are far better out there. One of the main traits I want us to recruit is a fighter, someone who plays on the edge, sorely lacking in our engine room.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2023, 08:40:52 am by Draex »

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13590 on: March 17, 2023, 08:53:45 am »
I think the worrying part is that we do sell-to-buy, and love to look after that net spend.

With that in mind, nobody is actually going to leave for a big fee this summer, are they?

It was mentioned above, but I can only see Kelleher leaving for anything? Possibly Matip? I can't see Jones going anywhere given his contract length and our lack of CM's.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #13591 on: March 17, 2023, 09:10:20 am »

I mean Elliot over Nunes for that matter

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13592 on: March 17, 2023, 09:15:29 am »
I think the worrying part is that we do sell-to-buy, and love to look after that net spend.

With that in mind, nobody is actually going to leave for a big fee this summer, are they?

It was mentioned above, but I can only see Kelleher leaving for anything? Possibly Matip? I can't see Jones going anywhere given his contract length and our lack of CM's.

Salah | Jota would raise decent fees

depends on how serious PSG / Newcastle are

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13593 on: March 17, 2023, 09:20:55 am »

We just don't know- this summer is a big change for a number of reasons. A number of players leaving on frees and it feels we are moving out of the phase of "investing in the wagebill" and need to look to get more value for money from it. End of the construction projects, increased capacity and for the first time in ages actual big glaring needs in the team and squad that should force change

The minimum is 3 mids (2 starting quality, one very good squad option who will become a starter) and a centre back are needed this summer as the key signings

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13594 on: March 17, 2023, 09:21:53 am »
Salah | Jota would raise decent fees

depends on how serious PSG / Newcastle are

Selling Salah would be mad. He is still producing and doesnt have ages left on his contract after this season anyway. Just 2 more years.

I absolutely love Jota but we are way past the situation where many players are safe. If we don't see some tangible improvement from Jota by the end of the season and/or he picks up another injury then it wouldn't be something I would ignore. However if he were to go, we need another attacker.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13595 on: March 17, 2023, 09:24:12 am »
Selling Salah would be mad. He is still producing and doesnt have ages left on his contract after this season anyway. Just 2 more years.

I absolutely love Jota but we are way past the situation where many players are safe. If we don't see some tangible improvement from Jota by the end of the season and/or he picks up another injury then it wouldn't be something I would ignore. However if he were to go, we need another attacker.

We shouldn't be selling any of our forwards, it's our only area with the perfect blend of ages/experience. We need some continuity kept in the side as other areas need complete overhauls.

Jota will come good after a full pre-season, just needs to get fitness and confidence, he has the inner fight we need, same with Diaz.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13596 on: March 17, 2023, 09:27:06 am »
We shouldn't be selling any of our forwards, it's our only area with the perfect blend of ages/experience. We need some continuity kept in the side as other areas need complete overhauls.

Jota will come good after a full pre-season, just needs to get fitness and confidence, he has the inner fight we need, same with Diaz.

I agree and its not something I would want to do. But if there is a big offer then I don't think we can ignore it. In terms of continuity, its not something I am too concerned about. I don't think one summer makes us challengers again so rather just pack all the change into this one.

I also think that whilst I was on board with our attackers, we may be in a situation where the balance is now off. We seem to have 3 forwards who are at their best in the centre but heavily compromised when playing wide right or wide left. Thats surprising considering thats where Gakpo started off.

Online Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13597 on: March 17, 2023, 09:33:35 am »
I agree and its not something I would want to do. But if there is a big offer then I don't think we can ignore it. In terms of continuity, its not something I am too concerned about. I don't think one summer makes us challengers again so rather just pack all the change into this one.

I also think that whilst I was on board with our attackers, we may be in a situation where the balance is now off. We seem to have 3 forwards who are at their best in the centre but heavily compromised when playing wide right or wide left. Thats surprising considering thats where Gakpo started off.

I think our balance will get there, very similar to how we played with Mane/Bobby/Salah.

Mane = Nunez + Diaz - Playing on the shoulder inbetween fullback and center half i.e. stretching the play and running into the space created by our no.9
Bobby = Gakpo + Jota - False 9, coming deep and linking the play, press trigger on defense
Salah = Salah.. - Same as he used to, the copy of the left

We just need to fuck off what ever experiment we tried with Salah/Diaz hugging the touchline and our fullbacks underlapping! My hope is the Gakpo signing says that is being binned.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13598 on: March 17, 2023, 09:35:42 am »
I think our balance will get there, very similar to how we played with Mane/Bobby/Salah.

Mane = Nunez + Diaz - Playing on the shoulder inbetween fullback and center half i.e. stretching the play and running into the space created by our no.9
Bobby = Gakpo + Jota - False 9, coming deep and linking the play, press trigger on defense
Salah = Salah.. - Same as he used to, the copy of the left

We just need to fuck off what ever experiment we tried with Salah/Diaz hugging the touchline and our fullbacks underlapping! My hope is the Gakpo signing says that is being binned.

Possibly, but then to me that shows some poor planning in terms of the Nunez signing. Is he really worth £65m plus as a winger? Seems like we could have gotten a better winger/inside forward than him if thats where we wanted to play him.

Online Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13599 on: March 17, 2023, 09:39:39 am »
Possibly, but then to me that shows some poor planning in terms of the Nunez signing. Is he really worth £65m plus as a winger? Seems like we could have gotten a better winger/inside forward than him if thats where we wanted to play him.

I don't see Nunez/Salah and Mane/Salah before as wingers personally, more as wide forwards..  Mane was continually coming inside, Nunez has already shown he works the left channel well, cutting back onto his right foot etc. I also think he will be an utter menace at the back post on the end of Trent's crosses, I'd imagine most fullbacks will be terrorised by him, he's a unit.

Nunez just needs to get better at the press and keeping his fullback occupied, that will come with time and the midfield being more aggressive with him.