Author Topic: The European Cup Final...again!  (Read 211678 times)

Offline gerrard88

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
Re: The European Cup Final...again!
« Reply #1920 on: May 24, 2019, 02:34:47 pm »
We are without tickets, got an email from an irish bar and they said should be OK getting into the bar around 4pm. We probably will do that!  Not sure I want to be rushing around to find a bar near the plaza

hoping there is screenings but time is running out i guess
Allez Allez Allez

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1921 on: May 24, 2019, 02:34:57 pm »
It was non-alcoholic in Barca so I assume will be in Madrid too.

Wouldn’t assume the two are necessarily related.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1922 on: May 24, 2019, 02:57:36 pm »
Thats what we did in Kiev Chris, will probably do the same this time as well.

Didn't have that luxury in Kiev mate so spent most of my day holding onto my wallet and ticket. This will just give a bit of peace if mind to enjoy the day first before going the ground.

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #1923 on: May 24, 2019, 03:09:14 pm »
Starting to get the feeling that if they don't cater for all these fans it could be an absolute nightmare
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline Momos_righteye

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1924 on: May 24, 2019, 03:14:45 pm »
Starting to get the feeling that if they don't cater for all these fans it could be an absolute nightmare

Could be carnage over there couldn't it, 9 o'clock kick off is late enough too. Part of me is hoping for a bit of mid afternoon rain just to dampen things a little

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1925 on: May 24, 2019, 03:18:20 pm »
It was non-alcoholic in Barca so I assume will be in Madrid too.
Says soft drinks and food available

Offline BootleRed

• Kopite
  • Put yerself in my shoes for a change!
« Reply #1926 on: May 24, 2019, 03:19:14 pm »
We are ticketless also and ive contacted many bars and restaurants about the game. Managed to get a couple of seats reserved in one place well away from the Fan Parks as like everyones predicting it could be chaos about 7 or 8 with everyone trying to get in to watch the game.
Im just hoping the authorities see sense and put screens up in the respective fan parks. Lets be honest at least then most ticketless fans will be confined to each fanzone rather than roaming the city centre!!
We're not English -We are Scouse.

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1927 on: May 24, 2019, 03:20:31 pm »
Could be carnage over there couldn't it, 9 o'clock kick off is late enough too. Part of me is hoping for a bit of mid afternoon rain just to dampen things a little

No chance of rain if the forecast is right. 33°C and not a cloud in the sky according to BBC weather.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1928 on: May 24, 2019, 03:22:16 pm »
Weather looks insane! Defo gonna be some states with the all day drinking in 30c.  ;D All I can say is thank fuck for Ajax and Spurs putting out Juventus and them filthy Manc rats.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #1929 on: May 24, 2019, 03:24:51 pm »
Im just hoping the authorities see sense and put screens up in the respective fan parks. Lets be honest at least then most ticketless fans will be confined to each fanzone rather than roaming the city centre!!

You'd think the police might advise the relevant people that this was preferable as well.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline gerrard88

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #1930 on: May 24, 2019, 03:28:21 pm »
We are ticketless also and ive contacted many bars and restaurants about the game. Managed to get a couple of seats reserved in one place well away from the Fan Parks as like everyones predicting it could be chaos about 7 or 8 with everyone trying to get in to watch the game.

What bar mate?
Allez Allez Allez

Offline Igor Biscuit please?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #1931 on: May 24, 2019, 03:28:35 pm »
Pretty good info here, outer ground opens at 4pm, soft drinks and food only inside stadium.

https://www.thelocal.es/20190517/champions-league-final-everything-liverpool-and-spurs-fans-going-to-madrid-need-to-know

Offline annieroadaggro

• Kopite
« Reply #1932 on: May 24, 2019, 04:01:30 pm »
We'll take 70K+ and the met police reckon 45K+ Spurs will be there as well, will be absolute carnage if the ticketless supporters have to all try and find bars to watch it.

I can’t for the life of me see spurs taking anywhere near 45k. I also think us taking 70k will end up being an over estimation.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #1933 on: May 24, 2019, 04:11:41 pm »
I can’t for the life of me see spurs taking anywhere near 45k. I also think us taking 70k will end up being an over estimation.
I’d say about 50-60k for us, 30-35k for Spurs

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #1934 on: May 24, 2019, 04:14:40 pm »
I’d say about 50-60k for us, 30-35k for Spurs
Way too high given the prices. 30K Reds (in total), Spurs similar maybe a bit less, wouldn’t really know with them.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #1935 on: May 24, 2019, 04:16:47 pm »
Way too high given the prices. 30K Reds (in total), Spurs similar maybe a bit less, wouldn’t really know with them.
I think you’re doubting the commitment of Liverpool fans, the prices are high but Madrid is very accessible

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1936 on: May 24, 2019, 04:21:15 pm »
I think you’re doubting the commitment of Liverpool fans, the prices are high but Madrid is very accessible
After climbing the stadium steps and looking out across the Ataturk I’ll never doubt the commitment of Liverpool supporters :)

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
What we achieve in life, echos in eternity

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1938 on: May 24, 2019, 04:35:41 pm »
You'd think the police might advise the relevant people that this was preferable as well.

The police will be only want to get there battons out on fans they were bad enough in plaza mayor when our reserves played Real Madrid in the CL
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 04:37:47 pm by nickyd186 »
What we achieve in life, echos in eternity

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #1939 on: May 24, 2019, 04:35:46 pm »

Haha. There were 40,000 of us in Kiev, Madrid is a piece of piss to get to compared to that  and don't forget we had 24 hours before Spurs fans to book our flights and other methods of getting there . They will have to put big screens up, it would be a huge mistake not to, be patient.

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1940 on: May 24, 2019, 04:41:45 pm »

There will be at least 30k reds in the ground alone. Could easily be the same again on the streets without tickets.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1941 on: May 24, 2019, 04:48:41 pm »
Haha. There were 40,000 of us in Kiev, Madrid is a piece of piss to get to compared to that  and don't forget we had 24 hours before Spurs fans to book our flights and other methods of getting there . They will have to put big screens up, it would be a huge mistake not to, be patient.
Those direct Vueling flights that started out at £445 rtn, then dropped to £405 can now be had at £379...and falling. That doesn’t shout “50-60K” travellling to me.

Online ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #1942 on: May 24, 2019, 04:53:10 pm »
They'll be more than 30K reds in the ground alone! we took over 40K to Kiev so we'll take way more than that this time.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1943 on: May 24, 2019, 05:04:57 pm »
Those direct Vueling flights that started out at £445 rtn, then dropped to £405 can now be had at £379...and falling. That doesn’t shout “50-60K” travellling to me.

If anyone is thinking of using Vueling pay in Euros.  We just booked another flight and saved about £14.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1944 on: May 24, 2019, 05:07:31 pm »
Haha. There were 40,000 of us in Kiev, Madrid is a piece of piss to get to compared to that
We prefer a challenge ;D

Seriously though, you’re probably right. Nobody really knows. I just think Madrid will cope ok, fanzone or not. So many bars and they will ALL be showing the match.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1945 on: May 24, 2019, 05:19:30 pm »

But remember, most had booked up before those fights became available.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1946 on: May 24, 2019, 05:21:17 pm »
We prefer a challenge ;D

Seriously though, you’re probably right. Nobody really knows. I just think Madrid will cope ok, fanzone or not. So many bars and they will ALL be showing the match.

Yep but the problem would be thousands of fans from both clubs all looking for the same bars, carnage. Can't see them allowing that to happen, not a chance. Nobody is that stupid.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1947 on: May 24, 2019, 05:27:36 pm »
But remember, most had booked up before those fights became available.
Yep that is a fair point. Still, I just think if we were looking at those big numbers being suggested, Vueling would be booked up by now. It’s a huge city...it’ll cope with the numbers is all I’m saying. Just go and have some fun in the sun. If the centre’s rammed, head off into one of the barrios. The locals will love it (especially the Atletico variety).

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1948 on: May 24, 2019, 05:31:27 pm »
Yep that is a fair point. Still, I just think if we were looking at those big numbers being suggested, Vueling would be booked up by now. It’s a huge city...it’ll cope with the numbers is all I’m saying. Just go and have some fun in the sun. If the centre’s rammed, head off into one of the barrios. The locals will love it (especially the Atletico variety).

Will do  ;)

Offline Momos_righteye

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1949 on: May 24, 2019, 05:32:16 pm »
If anyone is thinking of using Vueling pay in Euros.  We just booked another flight and saved about £14.

Cracking value and a lot more flexibility

I'm on the Thomas Cook Day trip

Offline Priest078

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1950 on: May 24, 2019, 06:37:23 pm »
Cracking value and a lot more flexibility

I'm on the Thomas Cook Day trip

I am as well , have you got a flight time yet?

Offline harrythedog

• Main Stander
« Reply #1951 on: May 24, 2019, 06:49:21 pm »
Anyone else with sports Options? Just had our flight voucher. 0230 flight for the day trip! Gonna be a long day!
Ref alcohol in ground, it will be that 0.01% Heineken again like Kiev. Last year we’d had two rounds before realised it was pop! 😂

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1952 on: May 24, 2019, 07:00:29 pm »
Anyone else with sports Options? Just had our flight voucher. 0230 flight for the day trip! Gonna be a long day!
Ref alcohol in ground, it will be that 0.01% Heineken again like Kiev. Last year we’d had two rounds before realised it was pop! [emoji23]
Yep, had ours through - that flight time! ;D

I'm now kind of hoping we can just get a SO coach to the airport, would likely be less hassle than UEFA coaches.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline maccatori

• Boys Pen
« Reply #1953 on: May 24, 2019, 07:12:10 pm »
Releasing a hotel room in Madrid for the Friday and Saturday night at 8 pm if anyone is interested. Think it is about 85 Euros a night. On Expedia.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #1954 on: May 24, 2019, 07:16:07 pm »
Anyone flying back after the game in the early hours, the link below gives details of an Airport Express bus which runs 24 hours. Snag is it goes from the city centre, which will obviously take time to get to. It also shows a bus line 101, goes from the metro station Canillejas nearer the stadium, where the Spurs fans are walking to/from......again snag is it only runs up to 23.25, so would be cutting it fine. Might be worth a look though -

https://www.aeropuertomadrid-barajas.com/transportation/madrid-airport-bybus.htm

Offline harrythedog

• Main Stander
« Reply #1955 on: May 24, 2019, 07:25:50 pm »

I'm now kind of hoping we can just get a SO coach to the airport, would likely be less hassle than UEFA coaches.

I think that will be our option mate.

Offline Licky

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1956 on: May 24, 2019, 07:40:28 pm »

UEFA don’t appear to be doing coaches  back to the airport this year, I think the metro pass is the decision the clubs/uefa came up with, SO and TC are doing return coaches to the airport, Vueling are not tho, so cud be quite packed on the metro afterwards, metro closes at 0130.
They have translated from Halmstads to Malmo, to Orebo to Neuchatel Xamax, to the Swiss national team, so I find the question insulting.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1957 on: May 24, 2019, 08:10:34 pm »
Hahahahaha bloody hell just got my day trip details.
Check in from 2:40am.
Got to explain to the kind family member that offered me a lift he’s got to either not go to sleep, or get up at 1am!

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1958 on: May 24, 2019, 08:25:16 pm »
UEFA don’t appear to be doing coaches  back to the airport this year, I think the metro pass is the decision the clubs/uefa came up with, SO and TC are doing return coaches to the airport, Vueling are not tho, so cud be quite packed on the metro afterwards, metro closes at 0130.

SO are still saying it's not definite that UEFA arent putting anything on but that they are making provisional plans in case they're needed. I'd rather just know I was getting back with SO to be honest rather than it being complete carnage with everyone going for UEFA coaches.

Hahahahaha bloody hell just got my day trip details.
Check in from 2:40am.
Got to explain to the kind family member that offered me a lift he’s got to either not go to sleep, or get up at 1am!

You think that's bad, our day trip flight is at 2.30am! :lmao

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1959 on: May 24, 2019, 08:27:35 pm »
I’m in need of some advice - I posted about this last week. I applied in the ballot with mine and my dad’s fancard, which my pals been using this season. I ended up actually getting x1 ticket - totally surprised as I’ve always had 0 luck in the past (I was unsuccessful on the other card). My pal and I have been to every home game but we’re faced with the dilemma of one of us not getting to the ground. We agree that one of us should get to the game and, membership payment aside, I do believe he does have some entitlement to be there - just not more than me. How the hell do I play this without turning into a complete fucker? We’ve suggested flipping a coin, but if he wins I’m not sure I’ll be able to look at him. There must be others in this situation - what do I do? Also, not announcing the fanpark details properly hasn’t helped as the though of cramming into a bar sounds less appealing when you haven’t got a ticket. All help appreciated.
Which card was successful, yours or your dad's that he was using? Still a shit decision either way mind, I don't envy you. I imagine he is probably half expecting you to claim it, I expect I would be in his position.