Author Topic: Soccer Manager: The Sleeping Giants 20: T'lockdown  (Read 210949 times)

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
Re: Soccer Manager: The Sleeping Giants Season 7
« Reply #3160 on: April 11, 2018, 05:04:56 pm »
Who needs human opposition!

Ive beaten Sparta and Torino. 4 - 0 / 2 - 0.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3161 on: April 13, 2018, 07:50:12 am »
Played 6
Won 6
Scored 24
Conceded 0

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #3162 on: April 25, 2018, 01:14:26 pm »
Into the Cup Final - can focus on that given the easy nature of division 3.

Hopefully please the fans by getting a trophy under my belt.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Card Cheat

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3163 on: April 25, 2018, 05:33:36 pm »
Into the Cup Final - can focus on that given the easy nature of division 3.

Hopefully please the fans by getting a trophy under my belt.

Congrats dude. The boneyard is the perfect division in which to forge a cup run!

Offline Card Cheat

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3164 on: April 25, 2018, 05:35:35 pm »
FYI if Valencia still haven't bought any players by the end of the season I'll take them over with a second account and free up De Gea, Iniesta etc. Probably sell them to the externals where they're only transfer banned for a week.

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3165 on: April 26, 2018, 03:41:11 pm »
Congrats dude. The boneyard is the perfect division in which to forge a cup run!

Sparta won it twice in Division one and two.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3166 on: April 26, 2018, 10:00:22 pm »
Scored 41

Conceded 0

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3167 on: April 26, 2018, 10:36:03 pm »
Div 1 a step too far again for my Feyenoord side, the financial situation is making it Really tough but a good challenge.

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #3168 on: April 27, 2018, 08:33:44 am »
Scored 41

Conceded 0

Incredible record that.

Div 1 a step too far again for my Feyenoord side, the financial situation is making it Really tough but a good challenge.

Div. 1 is a really tough nut to crack. Too many good teams, too few spots at the top table. Dresden themselves were relegated the first time we made it into Div. 1. No room for error with just 14 games per season, a couple of missteps and you're staring down the barrel of relegation. Really enjoy going into each season not knowing whether we'll win the title or get relegated!

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3169 on: April 27, 2018, 10:00:03 am »
It's interesting to note that in the three worlds I'm in, the title has been won by whichever team owns Messi for two, three and three consecutive seasons with a further repeat looking possible in all worlds. This is not a criticism of anyone who owns Messi (I'm one of them), but I think he's just so good in SM right now that it's affecting the competitive level of quite a few worlds now. Nothing to be done really, but it just goes to show how everyone was mad to pass up Messi in the original draft!
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #3170 on: April 27, 2018, 10:40:21 am »
It's interesting to note that in the three worlds I'm in, the title has been won by whichever team owns Messi for two, three and three consecutive seasons with a further repeat looking possible in all worlds. This is not a criticism of anyone who owns Messi (I'm one of them), but I think he's just so good in SM right now that it's affecting the competitive level of quite a few worlds now. Nothing to be done really, but it just goes to show how everyone was mad to pass up Messi in the original draft!

He hasn't won it in 5 seasons in the other world I'm in. Think it's more a case that the team that has Messi is likely to be one of the stronger teams in the world in any case, which increases the chances they'll win the title. Love having the bearded genius regardless, he's been tearing it up this season!

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3171 on: April 27, 2018, 11:14:52 am »
He hasn't won it in 5 seasons in the other world I'm in. Think it's more a case that the team that has Messi is likely to be one of the stronger teams in the world in any case, which increases the chances they'll win the title. Love having the bearded genius regardless, he's been tearing it up this season!

I obviously can't see what's happening in that world, but I'd hazard that the guy in charge is mismanaging him.

Messi is a freak in SM. His stats are unbelievable. Which is right, since it's true to life. There's no denying that he doesn't tip the favour in the balance of whoever owns him.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #3172 on: April 27, 2018, 11:29:36 am »
I obviously can't see what's happening in that world, but I'd hazard that the guy in charge is mismanaging him.

Messi is a freak in SM. His stats are unbelievable. Which is right, since it's true to life. There's no denying that he doesn't tip the favour in the balance of whoever owns him.

His rating is the same as Ronaldo's though. Messi for Ronaldo + Mane at the end of the season?

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #3173 on: April 27, 2018, 11:35:58 am »
I'd be down to do it right now actually. Be interesting to see if it has any effect on the title race.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3174 on: April 27, 2018, 11:41:17 am »
His rating is the same as Ronaldo's though. Messi for Ronaldo + Mane at the end of the season?

For some reason he doesn't perform quite as well as Messi in most gameworlds I've seen him in. He's way above everyone else of course, but not quite Messi 9.4+ level. He's more around 8.9. Although Liam bucks that trend in LM's/your world. Not sure how he gets him playing so well!

It would have to be end of season as I'd need to rejig my formation, which I'm too lazy do it right now  :D  I'd be down for it though.

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #3175 on: April 27, 2018, 11:58:18 am »
Big trade alert!  :roger

It's strange because for a long time it always seemed to be Ronaldo who got all the individual awards at the end of every season, ahead of Messi. But Messi's beaten Ronaldo to the awards in this world for the past couple seasons now. Defo think Messi's 9.4 this season is a bit of an outlier mind, I don't expect him to perform this well again next season!

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3176 on: April 27, 2018, 12:08:54 pm »
Big trade alert!  :roger

It's strange because for a long time it always seemed to be Ronaldo who got all the individual awards at the end of every season, ahead of Messi. But Messi's beaten Ronaldo to the awards in this world for the past couple seasons now. Defo think Messi's 9.4 this season is a bit of an outlier mind, I don't expect him to perform this well again next season!

Different world, but....

Messi at West Ham -

VS

Ronaldo at Madrid -

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3177 on: April 27, 2018, 12:11:08 pm »
How long have you been playing Messi as the main man up front by the way? I seem to remember him coming off the wing for you a few seasons back. I definitely think he performs a lot better centrally.

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #3178 on: April 27, 2018, 12:30:55 pm »
How long have you been playing Messi as the main man up front by the way? I seem to remember him coming off the wing for you a few seasons back. I definitely think he performs a lot better centrally.

Moved him up front after our bad start in the league last season & he’s been in God mode ever since. His stats from last season are slightly ‘watered down’ by his slow start, from about the 4th game onwards he was scoring at a rate of over a goal a game  :o

The interesting thing is that playing him centrally didn’t work well at all the first time I tried it. Traded Belotti away in season 2 so that I could play Messi centrally, didn’t work, ended up re-signing Belotti and shifting Messi out wide again ;D Not sure if that might be because the rest of my team has improved in the meantime. These days he’s finishing off chances created by Thiago/Cavani/De Bruyne, whereas before I needed him further back doing everything himself.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3179 on: April 27, 2018, 12:42:52 pm »
Moved him up front after our bad start in the league last season & he’s been in God mode ever since. His stats from last season are slightly ‘watered down’ by his slow start, from about the 4th game onwards he was scoring at a rate of over a goal a game  :o

The interesting thing is that playing him centrally didn’t work well at all the first time I tried it. Traded Belotti away in season 2 so that I could play Messi centrally, didn’t work, ended up re-signing Belotti and shifting Messi out wide again ;D Not sure if that might be because the rest of my team has improved in the meantime. These days he’s finishing off chances created by Thiago/Cavani/De Bruyne, whereas before I needed him further back doing everything himself.

He's definitely on fire right now! Ronaldo ain't doing too bad for me either. Suarez remains fairly erratic with 4 of his 6 goals coming against Valencia, though he seems to always play well. Maybe a case of Ronaldo stealing all his goals.

Yeah, I definitely think you need the right base around any star player to make it work. Messi or Ronaldo or whoever alone would never be enough. I'd actually kind of love to see a world where we're all banned from having any 96+ players. Although in time other players would obviously rise up.

Offline Card Cheat

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3180 on: April 27, 2018, 04:21:22 pm »
Sparta won it twice in Division one and two.

Dukla reached the final one year. It's okay anyway, I like my chips drenched in piss.

Scored 41

Conceded 0

This is getting st00pid. Get past Torino and you've probably scored yourself a seasonal clean sheet. Timo's red cheeks gonna get a squeezy.

Offline Card Cheat

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3181 on: April 27, 2018, 04:26:23 pm »
Div. 1 is a really tough nut to crack. Too many good teams, too few spots at the top table. Dresden themselves were relegated the first time we made it into Div. 1. No room for error with just 14 games per season, a couple of missteps and you're staring down the barrel of relegation. Really enjoy going into each season not knowing whether we'll win the title or get relegated!

Think the best I've managed is 4th. I'm looking ahead trying to imagine what I'll do in Div 1 next season, then I realise I'm struggling to make it out of Div 2.

I like to think that even with the Messi dominance, 14 games is short enough for a Denmark 92, Greece 04, or a Leicester 16 to happen. Would love to see Lionel get himself an injury too, a nice month long one, a big juicy calf tear or the like!

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #3182 on: April 27, 2018, 05:16:00 pm »
I like to think that even with the Messi dominance, 14 games is short enough for a Denmark 92, Greece 04, or a Leicester 16 to happen. Would love to see Lionel get himself an injury too, a nice month long one, a big juicy calf tear or the like!

Easy to forget now as we've long since become part of the establishment but Dresden's first title win was very Greece 2004-ey. Promoted from Div. 2 the previous season, this was our squad. State of that bench!

Beefed up the squad in the meantime using the proceeds from winning the title but our wage bill's still only the 4th highest in Div. 1. Pick up the slack ;D

Offline Card Cheat

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3183 on: April 27, 2018, 10:50:31 pm »
That's an ISS 98 bench. Half those players don't even exist!

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3184 on: April 29, 2018, 10:38:37 pm »
Played 11
Won 11
Scored 45
Conceded 0

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3185 on: April 29, 2018, 10:40:16 pm »
Dukla reached the final one year. It's okay anyway, I like my chips drenched in piss.

This is getting st00pid. Get past Torino and you've probably scored yourself a seasonal clean sheet. Timo's red cheeks gonna get a squeezy.

It was 4 - 0 tonight against Torino.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Card Cheat

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3186 on: April 29, 2018, 11:39:54 pm »
It was 4 - 0 tonight against Torino.

Who's a good little keepy weepy woo??

Ohhhhhh! Yes you are! Yes you are!

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #3187 on: April 30, 2018, 04:18:50 pm »
Dresden reveal their new kit for next season :lmao :lmao

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3188 on: April 30, 2018, 08:53:23 pm »

Who's a good little keepy weepy woo??

Ohhhhhh! Yes you are! Yes you are!

His average vrating is only 6.6 so it maybe its the whole team having more of the ball. In real life Koln are going down so I reckon he will go the a bigger club.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Chrismonster

• Anny Roader
  • Thou shall not wear socks with FlipFlops.
« Reply #3189 on: May 1, 2018, 04:41:23 pm »
For some reason he doesn't perform quite as well as Messi in most gameworlds I've seen him in. He's way above everyone else of course, but not quite Messi 9.4+ level. He's more around 8.9. Although Liam bucks that trend in LM's/your world. Not sure how he gets him playing so well!

If you play Ronaldo as the lone striker in a 4231 formation, he's unplayable! He consistently gets 10's and the occasional 9, every season he'll win player of the year and Golden boot awards ! He's pretty much single handedly won me league and European titles against much stronger apposition. If I'm slowly building a young team, he's a must buy if I want to win honours. Play him wide, and he becomes just another good player though. Messi is exactly the same but more expensive. I've never not won a league title with him as my main man up top.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3190 on: May 1, 2018, 08:20:27 pm »
Well played Rangers. Took you all the way to sudden death in pens but you got there in the end.

Can only serve the team well going on a cup run though. Morale running high. Time to buckle down and take this into the rest of the season.

"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Card Cheat

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3191 on: May 1, 2018, 10:47:59 pm »
Well played Rangers. Took you all the way to sudden death in pens but you got there in the end.

Oh my. Liam's on holiday isn't he. Eight days since last login.

Live that down.

Morale running high.

Eight days. Not one, not two, not six. But eight. Oh my.....  ;D

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3192 on: May 1, 2018, 10:52:17 pm »
Oh my. Liam's on holiday isn't he. Eight days since last login.

Live that down.

Eight days. Not one, not two, not six. But eight. Oh my.....  ;D

Haha

Got to admit I did mess up. Was going to rotate my side on Sunday then was away and forgot so had to bring in reserves for the game instead! D’oh!

Offline Card Cheat

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3193 on: May 1, 2018, 10:55:34 pm »
Haha

Got to admit I did mess up. Was going to rotate my side on Sunday then was away and forgot so had to bring in reserves for the game instead! D’oh!

In my so far solitary cup final my team was something like 30 ratings points better than Kesey's (Sparta too irrc), with Ronaldo up front. Lost. Pretty sure it was on pens as well. Gutted.

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3194 on: May 1, 2018, 11:07:29 pm »
Just noticed.

Flamengo are Champions !!!

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3195 on: May 1, 2018, 11:08:54 pm »
In my so far solitary cup final my team was something like 30 ratings points better than Kesey's (Sparta too irrc), with Ronaldo up front. Lost. Pretty sure it was on pens as well. Gutted.

The Spartans were good in the cup. Think the reason was there wasnt much difference in ratings with my second team.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Card Cheat

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3196 on: May 1, 2018, 11:36:08 pm »
The Spartans were good in the cup. Think the reason was there wasnt much difference in ratings with my second team.

You definitely had a much more balanced side.

I went all out for the cup that season. Sacked off the league after a bad start for my guaranteed cup win!

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3197 on: May 2, 2018, 09:21:10 am »
You definitely had a much more balanced side.

I went all out for the cup that season. Sacked off the league after a bad start for my guaranteed cup win!

I did but I dont at Flamengo as there is a huge drop down to my second team.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3198 on: May 3, 2018, 09:40:41 pm »
You know your lucks out when you lose to an unmanaged club, car crash of a season.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3199 on: May 3, 2018, 11:10:23 pm »
Looking to clear out my old heads for young talent whilst they’ve still got some value.

Trying to find people with potential to grow into these roles in the coming years, especially those who are on a down turn in their previously promising careers but could push on if given the right opportunity.

Time to take a few gambles invest in the future and see what I can build over time I think. It’s a really tough proposition this league as there is a fine line between building and maintaining a positive balance.