Author Topic: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *  (Read 2856954 times)

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World
« Reply #18960 on: February 3, 2022, 11:29:59 am »
Salah (23 goals and 9 assists this season) doesn’t do enough on the pitch and isn’t as good as Mbappe (14 goals and 13 assists).

Okay then.

Online Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18961 on: February 3, 2022, 11:41:44 am »
Aboubakar on Salah: He doesn’t impress me much.

Fuck off, Shania Twain.

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18962 on: February 3, 2022, 12:06:35 pm »
We should sell. The mighty Aboubakar has spoken:

Aboubakar on Salah: "He doesn’t impress me much. I say it clearly because I’m an honest person & I have my way of seeing things. If he impressed me, I would say so. He doesn’t impress me much. He’s a good player, he scores a lot but he doesn’t produce a lot of stuff in the game."

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #18963 on: February 3, 2022, 12:10:54 pm »
Very daft (and classless) of an opposing player to come out with this sort of shit at any time, but before a game?

Although Cameroon from what I read in the AFCON thread are being given a nice helping had to get to the final, so I’m sure this bloke feels invincible!

Offline On Axis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #18964 on: February 3, 2022, 01:07:30 pm »
I hope Egypt smash them.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18965 on: February 3, 2022, 02:27:37 pm »
Haha!!! I read about it too in Liverpool Echo website.  ;D  ;D

Liverpool Echo: "Not at Mbappe level" - Liverpool star Mohamed Salah bizarrely criticised by AFCON rival.

Mohamed Salah has been the subject of a rather bizarre criticism from Cameroon striker Vincent Aboubakar.
The Liverpool star is set to feature for Egypt in their Africa Cup of Nations semi-final against host nation Cameroon on Thursday evening.
Salah helped his country reach the final four of the competition, scoring a goal and providing an assist in the 2-1 victory over Morocco in the quarter-final.

Aboubakar, who is the top scorer at AFCON with six goals, is set to go head-to-head with the Egyptian King when they face each other in tonight's remaining last-four tie.
Aboubakar also explained why he thinks Salah is "not at the level" of Paris Saint-Germain forward Kylian Mbappe, who has been tentatively linked with a move to Liverpool.

"I see it as before. He is having a great season in the Premier League, he is helping his country to advance in the competition," Aboubakar said.
"I wish him a lot of luck. May the best win!"

"He doesn't impress me much. I say it clearly because I'm an honest person and I have my way of seeing things."
"If he impressed me, I would say so. But he doesn't impress me much. He's a good player, he scores a lot but he doesn't produce a lot of stuff in the game."

- https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mohamed-salah-afcon-liverpool-breaking-22969557

Here's the thing - he's not wrong - is he? After all, our Everton friends have been banging on about this since we signed him.

If you take away his goals (148), assists (52), speed, dribbling ability, trophies, work ethic, durability, and just overall fear he causes to defenses - Aboubakar is right. I too am not impressed.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18966 on: February 3, 2022, 02:30:35 pm »
I imagine his comments were translated from French. Wonder if there is anything lost in translation.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18967 on: February 3, 2022, 02:35:49 pm »
Here's the thing - he's not wrong - is he? After all, our Everton friends have been banging on about this since we signed him.

If you take away his goals (148), assists (52), speed, dribbling ability, trophies, work ethic, durability, and just overall fear he causes to defenses - Aboubakar is right. I too am not impressed.

Salah's hats are nice.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #18968 on: February 3, 2022, 02:36:02 pm »
What a strange use of reverse psychology. I mean Mo is self-motivating, but that won’t hurt, will it?
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18969 on: February 3, 2022, 02:41:00 pm »
I imagine his comments were translated from French. Wonder if there is anything lost in translation.

yeah - his fucking sanity maybe. haha.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18970 on: February 3, 2022, 02:41:52 pm »
Salah's hats are nice.

I'm not really that impressed, myself.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #18971 on: February 3, 2022, 03:00:21 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Qc7HmhrgTuQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Qc7HmhrgTuQ</a>
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #18972 on: February 3, 2022, 03:21:00 pm »
Mo with a hat trick to shut this fella up, Cameron's route to the final has been corrupt.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #18973 on: February 3, 2022, 03:22:53 pm »
He fucked a pigs head to get there
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #18974 on: February 3, 2022, 03:31:06 pm »
Mo with a hat trick to shut this fella up, Cameron's route to the final has been corrupt.
This. I ll be watching the game and I hope Egypt will smash them to death. Fuck this shit, enough!!!
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18975 on: February 3, 2022, 03:36:38 pm »

Someone agrees with me that Salah's hats are nice.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #18976 on: February 3, 2022, 03:36:49 pm »

Some insists he is having a purple patch for the last 5 years.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #18977 on: February 3, 2022, 04:01:30 pm »
Ok but apart from
his goals (148), assists (52), speed, dribbling ability, trophies, work ethic, durability, and just overall fear he causes to defenses
what has the ex-Roma player ever done for us?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #18978 on: February 3, 2022, 04:03:22 pm »

Sort of mere pace impression, really...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #18979 on: February 3, 2022, 04:45:07 pm »
Reminds me a good few years back heading back from London after seeing Liverpool beat Arsenal waiting at Victoria St Coach station and found ourselves amongst a Forest mob in a pub...approached by one lad he informed us he didnt rate Ian Rush as " he is just a goal hanger"

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #18980 on: February 3, 2022, 04:56:23 pm »
"He doesn't impress me much. I say it clearly because I'm an honest person and I have my way of seeing things."

:D

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #18981 on: February 3, 2022, 04:59:34 pm »

Aboubakar on Salah: "He doesn’t impress me much. I say it clearly because I’m an honest person & I have my way of seeing things. If he impressed me, I would say so. He doesn’t impress me much. He’s a good player, he scores a lot but he doesn’t produce a lot of stuff in the game."
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18982 on: February 3, 2022, 05:19:51 pm »
Salah (23 goals and 9 assists this season) doesn’t do enough on the pitch and isn’t as good as Mbappe (14 goals and 13 assists) who's playing in a farmer's league.

Okay then.

Fixed that for you

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18983 on: February 3, 2022, 05:32:21 pm »
Reminds me a good few years back heading back from London after seeing Liverpool beat Arsenal waiting at Victoria St Coach station and found ourselves amongst a Forest mob in a pub...approached by one lad he informed us he didnt rate Ian Rush as " he is just a goal hanger"

Or Paul Merson saying Luis Suarez won't trouble Wes Brown and Chris Smalling prior to ripping them to pieces when Kuyt scored a hat trick
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #18984 on: February 3, 2022, 09:16:33 pm »
Or Paul Merson saying Luis Suarez won't trouble Wes Brown and Chris Smalling prior to ripping them to pieces when Kuyt scored a hat trick

In fairness he was talking about Suavez.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #18985 on: February 3, 2022, 09:20:18 pm »
In fairness he was talking about Suavez.

Rico.....
Suavez...

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18986 on: February 3, 2022, 10:12:10 pm »
COME ON!!!

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #18987 on: February 4, 2022, 12:34:35 am »
im happy for him reaching the final but fuck me, everytime i watch egypt they go to extra time
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #18988 on: February 4, 2022, 02:57:29 am »
im happy for him reaching the final but fuck me, everytime i watch egypt they go to extra time

Don't watch the Final...

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #18989 on: February 4, 2022, 05:13:05 am »

He's right. At least Aboubakar scored his penalty. Did Salah?

;D
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online elkun

• Kopite
« Reply #18990 on: February 4, 2022, 10:24:20 am »
Come on Mo!! Make us proud on Sunday!!

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18991 on: February 4, 2022, 10:26:39 am »
Come on Mo!! Make us proud on Sunday!!

What about Mane?  ;D

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18992 on: February 4, 2022, 10:27:52 am »
Don't watch the Final...

Sadio will make sure that it doesn't go to ET ;)
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online elkun

• Kopite
« Reply #18993 on: February 4, 2022, 10:39:48 am »
What about Mane?  ;D
Well i am Egyptian :D So i hope Sadio will have an off day :D :D

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18994 on: February 6, 2022, 04:15:40 pm »
Big shit stirring article by Diego Torres just published in El País, "The Nightmare of Klopp".

I seem to recall Torres having some kind of beef with Klopp both times we owned Atléti in the group stage. Seems genuinely fictional.

https://elpais.com/deportes/2022-02-05/la-pesadilla-de-jurgen-klopp.html

Quote from: Diego Torres via Google Translate
Jurgen Klopp's nightmare
The Liverpool manager is concerned that the rivalry between Salah and Mané, stars of Egypt and Senegal in the African Cup final, will affect the balance of the English dressing room
Diego Torres
05 FEB 2022 - 21:25 CET

Jürgen Klopp ordered the Liverpool employees who have the closest affinity with Mo Salah and Sadio Mané to call the players to congratulate them on reaching the African Cup final. According to sources close to the club and the players, the coach insisted on conveying a message of harmony to the stars of Egypt and Senegal. They had to keep in mind that they represented Liverpool and they had to protect the club's image in the world by showing mutual respect. The blood of their personal and professional rivalry must not reach the river, no matter how hot the match turned out to be. They say that Salah's response was positive with reservations. Mané's response was simply dry: "See you in Liverpool next week."

The nightmare that has haunted Klopp since Christmas materialized last Thursday, when Egypt qualified to play Senegal in the African Cup final that ends this Sunday at 8:00 p.m. at the Ombelé stadium in Cameroon.

To the chagrin of the coach, fate placed the Egyptian and the Senegalese face to face, his two most unbalanced players, long faced in an underground guerrilla that has divided the locker room for years. A vitiated competition between teammates that in the liberated territory of the African Cup of national teams threatens to exhibit a confrontation that ends up derailing Liverpool from its primary objective. Klopp calculates that, given the general depression among many of the great powers of European football, this year the Champions League is a more affordable trophy than ever.

"The longer you put off solving certain problems, the more they get complicated," Jamie Carragher, a former team captain and one of Anfield's most respected personalities, warned The Daily Telegraph a year ago. “The lack of agreement between Salah and Mané fits into this category. Mané's frustration has been building for months and anything can trigger it and cause it to come out."

The malaise is the subject of a national debate in English football. Carragher, like Michael Owen, have been some of the Liverpool veterans who have publicly pointed out a disagreement that is sometimes very visible on the pitch. Mané gave Salah six goal assists in the first season they coincided (2017-18) in the Premier, according to Opta. In the following course the goal passes from the Senegalese to the Egyptian were reduced to just one. Since then Mané has not given his partner more than two assists per season.

Two agents who work regularly with Liverpool agree that the root of the dispute was the club's lack of tact in renewing players' contracts.

Mané, 29, was signed to Southampton for around €40m in 2016. Salah, also 29, was signed to Roma for a similar amount in 2017. The two were given a salary of €2m. annual net euros, plus variables. However, seeing that Salah scored 32 goals in his first league season, a Premier record, the leaders rushed to start negotiations with his agent to improve his contract. In July 2018, a year after his signing, they agreed to pay him 14 million net per course. Along the way they postponed Mané, the versatile player who with his altruism and intelligence made many of the Egyptian's goals possible. Mané continued to earn two million until 2019. Only when Liverpool conquered the Premier did they raise his salary to 10 million.

Mané always felt that Salah could never play like Mané, but instead he, freed from work in midfield, could score all the goals that Salah scores.

"Between these two players there is a giant problem," former England international Trevor Sinclair warned on TalkSport. “Mané is a huge team player, while Salah plays more for himself. While the results were good, they covered the gaps with plaster, but under pressure it has been seen that their relationship is bad.

Salah and Mané have brought their teammates into two factions within the Liverpool dressing room. Each one with their supporters, more or less humorous witnesses of a contest that is approaching the outcome. From the club they assure that, as the African Cup progressed, the protagonists of the duel sent messages to their friends in Liverpool indicating that the day is coming when all pending accounts will be settled.

Nobody paid 120 million for Salah
The tension has been difficult to hide. Klopp himself admitted it after a Liverpool-Chelsea in which Mané left the field gesturing against his colleague, because he did not pass the ball. "Sadio cannot hide his emotions," said the coach. "I like it. We are individuals. We are emotional."

A year ago, Klopp tried to solve the crisis in a clear way. Convinced that the most important player in the squad was Mané, he agreed with Liverpool that they would put Salah up for sale. The starting price was 120 million euros, negotiable. The Egyptian remained in the showcase throughout the second summer of the pandemic. But no one offered what they asked for.

Now Klopp believes that if Senegal wins the final, the situation will be difficult to manage, since Mané will be legitimized in his claims, adding one more share of tension to the rarefied coexistence of two essential footballers whose contract ends in 2023. “The anxiety It is so big that if the winter market were extended until March, Liverpool would offer them both for 50 million pounds each, and would sell the first one they pay for, ”speculates half jokingly, half seriously, an agent in regular contact with the Mersey club.

Five glorious years have covered with fantasy a harsh professional reality of internal competition, jealousy and job imbalances. Today the fate of Klopp's Liverpool passes through Cameroon, where Sadio Mané, in charge of Senegal, will try to lift his country's first African Cup at the expense of Mo Salah, Egypt's indisputable reference, the only team that has reached six titles.

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #18995 on: February 6, 2022, 04:17:47 pm »
Big shit stirring article by Diego Torres just published in El País, "The Nightmare of Klopp".

I seem to recall Torres having some kind of beef with Klopp both times we owned Atléti in the group stage. Seems genuinely fictional.

https://elpais.com/deportes/2022-02-05/la-pesadilla-de-jurgen-klopp.html

Hahaha - Salah was up for sale for 120m and no one wanted to buy - wonderful fiction.
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18996 on: February 6, 2022, 04:21:53 pm »
 ;D That guy has a talent inventing drama where there is none,should maybe try his hand writing telenovelas for the Venezuelan tv.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #18997 on: February 6, 2022, 04:23:23 pm »
Fairly sure if we’d put Salah up sale last year then he wouldn’t be putting out statements that he loves us and wants to stay forever.

What a load of shit
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Online JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #18998 on: February 6, 2022, 04:29:46 pm »
Quotes from Carragher and Trevor Sinclair to go along with the obvious bullshit speculation. Scraping the bottom of the barrel there.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #18999 on: February 6, 2022, 05:50:00 pm »
Quoting Trevor Sinclair like anyone gives a shit about his strange take on things :lmao
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."